• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 214 |OT| Jones vs Cormier 2 - Dad Bod vs Coke Bod ft.

Hycran

Banned
The look on DC's face should be placed in websters right beside "agony". Dude has just had his entire world shattered and he now knows that not only before today but forever on that he will never be as good as Bones. For a competitor, there cant be a worse pain than knowing that you will always be number two, especially while having been on top in number ones absence.

I hope Jones can keep his shit together and be a positive influence in the community and for da keeds.

ron_bato

Gutted for DC, but he has nothing to be ashamed of. He fought his heart out, and he just got beat by the best ever.

Tonight was an excellent night of fights, the woodley fight was the lone exception.

It's a fight where 2 minutes would tell you where it's going. Either Jon is landing everything on Brock and maybe already TKO's him by then, or Brock gets inside and is able to put him down. If Brock can take him down and control him, Jon is probably fucked.

Hells no. Brocks wrestling is vastly overrated. Plus Jones camp would exploit the hell out of Brock. Knowing Jones he would wrestle with Brock just to prove a point.

Rur0ni

The look on DC's face should be placed in websters right beside "agony". Dude has just had his entire world shattered and he now knows that not only before today but forever on that he will never be as good as Bones. For a competitor, there cant be a worse pain than knowing that you will always be number two, especially while having been on top in number ones absence.

I hope Jones can keep his shit together and be a positive influence in the community and for da keeds.
And his reign meant absolutely nothing. That has got to hurt. Look at how he grieved on stage, and reached acceptance.

BEEcNgm.gif
My fucking heart...

SRTtoZ

Jones set that up by working the body heavily in rounds 1 and 2. DC was starting to gas because of it too.

Bingo. Jones hit DC with a bunch of knees to the body. If you go back and watch you see the knee coming up and DC blocking mid then Jones swings his leg out like a question mark kick and nails him perfectly across the chin.

sinkfla87

As a VERY casual UFC viewer, can someone please explain the hatred for DC? I only know some of the (bad) history of Jones, which was enough for me to root for DC lol.

PR_rambo

Banned
Explain to me why I should feel bad for dude after he talks hella trash to the guy who easily beat him before, and acts likes he better than, only to get KTFO ?

As a VERY casual UFC viewer, can someone please explain the hatred for DC? I only know some of the (bad) history of Jones, which was enough for me to root for DC lol.

These guys are all playing the game. It's all a part of the plan. The entire point of the hype and trash talk leading up to fights is to get people either on their side, or hating them. It's one or the other. Indifference is not what they are after. This is the result. It's not that deep.

Explain to me why I should feel bad for dude after he talks hella trash to the guy who easily beat him before, and acts likes he better than, only to get KTFO ?

On top of that he refused to let Jones get a tuneup fight because he was so desperate to beat Jones coming off of a big layoff.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

it's actually really weird b/c when jones did basically nothing wrong other than wreck legends regularly and have the greatest year in mma history he had tons of vocal hate, but the more bad shit he did the more that went away.

cormier i dunno man he's always seemed like a good dude. worst thing you can say about him is that he can be corny but he owns it. people just like saying 'fake belt' no matter the circumstances

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

His reign as champion took place because Jones fucked up. DC talked all this shit about being the true champion, about Jones' downfalls and acted like his shit didn't stink. He's been talking shit for over two years now. He got dealt with tonight like most people assumed he would. Invalidated his entire championship run tonight. Plus he's crying twice.

kikiribu

Jones post fight interview should have just been, "not bad for a limp dick, huh? (shrug)" and walk away, after the endless dick jokes DC made against him.

I know it was all in good fun but sometimes it's hard to tell with DC. The guy gets emotional simply from hearing the name Jon Jones. That alone was already going to cost him the fight tbh. But he did well tonight and at least looked less boring than usual.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i don't follow every bit of the drama but if i had to guess i'd say the bad blood between the two is mostly wolf tickets. dc openly admits it and he's like half smirking every time he talks 'serious' trash. dude is just in it to compete and make money for his family.

also some of these notions about dc are hilarious because uh (re dc)
He gives off that righteous boy scout vibe. Like the kind of guy that would rat you out to the principal for that dimebag in your knapsack.

”I'm no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don't want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I've always been down for the good side, I guess."
-jon jones
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/12/04/jon-jones-i-was-always-the-kid-that-snitched/

Donthizz#

i don't follow every bit of the drama but if i had to guess i'd say the bad blood between the two is mostly wolf tickets. dc openly admits it and he's like half smirking every time he talks 'serious' trash. dude is just in it to compete and make money for his family

nah.. beef between these two started outside a nightclub iirc. DC wasn't even in the UFC back then.

i don't follow every bit of the drama but if i had to guess i'd say the bad blood between the two is mostly wolf tickets. dc openly admits it and he's like half smirking every time he talks 'serious' trash. dude is just in it to compete and make money for his family

Their feud started way back when Cain was champ and Jones mocked Cormier backstage saying he could easily take him down. Their feud is real. They genuinely hate each other.

Whenever they shit talk each other they just come across as siblings reaching for low hanging fruit as opposed to any real animosity.

kikiribu

His tears said otherwise. He couldn't even speak.

Top Bottom