• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: More Important Sony Announcements at the End of the Month

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Lets Go Hype GIF by Call of Duty

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's probably just going to be some artwork of Druckman holding up The Snitch's decapitated head, with his body crucified in the background.

No one crosses Druckman, not even Tom Holland or Amy Hennig. People forget, he can get you fired if you cross him.

Copies of the artwork will be available for PS+ Extra members for $10, digital copy only.

Last edited:

skit_data

Would make sense to have a PS showcase in early July, halfway through the year.
I actually prefer one bigger show than these 2 smaller ones we had the last two years.

So the only things I expect are:
- GoW relase date
- Spider-Man 2 Update
- New Kojima Game or Silent Hill reveal
- A new multiplayer game

Other than that I honestly don't know what else to expect from this so it is kinda cool not knowing anything, lol

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Well they'll need to do something if Microsoft's showcase is as good as i think it will be. No idea why they're so cagey with their current gen pipeline.

So the only things I expect are:
- GoW relase date
- Spider-Man 2 Update
- New Kojima Game or Silent Hill reveal
- A new multiplayer game

Other than that I honestly don't know what else to expect from this so it is kinda cool not knowing anything, lol

From what? How did you arrive at the conclusion that Tom is referring to a PS showcase? 😐

Well they'll need to do something if Microsoft's showcase is as good as i think it will be. No idea why they're so cagey with their current gen pipeline.

No, they actually don't. We heard the same thing two years in a row and Sony has so far not responded in the way you are suggesting. They have a roadmap that they will abide by.

Last edited:
From what? How did you arrive at the conclusion that Tom is referring to a PS showcase? 😐
I didn't say anything about a showcase. He mentioned important announcements and the possibility of another SoP later this month, so with or without a showcase it isn't crazy to expect news about GoW, Spider-Man 2, a new first party multiplayer game, or as mentioned a few comments ago, news about PSVR2.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
No, they actually don't. We heard the same thing two years in a row and Sony has so far not responded in the way you are suggesting. They have a roadmap that they will abide by.

Well, I think it goes without saying that this is MY opinion, and surely Sony won't go bankrupt and cease operations if they don't agree with what I'm writing on GAF.

Buy yeah, IMO, as the platform holder that initially trumpeted the idea of leaving last gen behind as a value proposition, it would be pretty embarrassing for Sony if their competitor were to show more current gen content than they are able to, regardless of any excuses deemed reasonable ( I personally don't believe there are any).

Again THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. Nothing more or less.

theHFIC

Jim's entire playbook is based on The Art of War and I am all for it!

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
From all the confusion surrounding the updated PlayStation Plus services to the nerve of charging $70 for the 2nd remake of a game not even ten years old Sony has left some of us die hardest fans wondering what they are thinking.

“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”
I am not the only FAN who has said "WTF is Sony doing right now" so you know their enemies are doing it 100 times more. The pieces have almost all fallen into place.

“The wise warrior avoids the battle.”
They dropped a couple small gems during the height of the summer gaming announcements between the last State of Play and the Summer Game Fest's tepid announcements. Let all the others get the fighting out of the way and then swoop in after the dust settles end of June/July.

“Great results, can be achieved with small forces.”
Who needs to have multiple large studio mergers when you have built a team of talent to take on the enemy? (except for the whole Bungie thing obvi)

It's going to be a hot summer full of Jimmovations. Put on those oven mitts!!

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Jim's entire playbook is based on The Art of War and I am all for it!

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
From all the confusion surrounding the updated PlayStation Plus services to the nerve of charging $70 for the 2nd remake of a game not even ten years old Sony has left some of us die hardest fans wondering what they are thinking.

“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”
I am not the only FAN who has said "WTF is Sony doing right now" so you know their enemies are doing it 100 times more. The pieces have almost all fallen into place.

“The wise warrior avoids the battle.”
They dropped a couple small gems during the height of the summer gaming announcements between the last State of Play and the Summer Game Fest's tepid announcements. Let all the others get the fighting out of the way and then swoop in after the dust settles end of June/July.

“Great results, can be achieved with small forces.”
Who needs to have multiple large studio mergers when you have built a team of talent to take on the enemy? (except for the whole Bungie thing obvi)

It's going to be a hot summer full of Jimmovations. Put on those oven mitts!!
200.gif

I hope you share your drugs, please, we could all use them.

That is some high level insanity there.

The thing is, unless you know the guy personally you can't know he's playing Art of War, anything can be anything if you force it into place hard enough.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Old doubtful Tom with his lies again, he's made a twitter career off of it.

Of course Sony is going to announce some big things in June, everyone is doing, they're not going to miss out.

New Uncharted would be great.

Revamping Resistance OR a Killzone revival would be great.

Hell while we're dreaming... a Socom game.

Well, I think it goes without saying that this is MY opinion, and surely Sony won't go bankrupt and cease operations if they don't agree with what I'm writing on GAF.

Buy yeah, IMO, as the platform holder that initially trumpeted the idea of leaving last gen behind as a value proposition, it would be pretty embarrassing for Sony if their competitor were to show more current gen content than they are able to, regardless of any excuses deemed reasonable ( I personally don't believe there are any).

Again THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. Nothing more or less.

What are you even responding to, exactly? The point I was making is that Sony does not have to, and will not hold its showcase in the wake of the MS and Bethesda "conference"...They will set it up whenever it makes sense for them, their in-house teams, and their second and third party partners.
Your comment has literally nothing to do with anything...

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
That’d be nice, the SoP wasn’t all that great. Would love something bigger focusing more on first party games.

Last edited:
What are you even responding to, exactly? The point I was making is that Sony does not have to, and will not hold its showcase in the wake of the MS and Bethesda "conference"...They will set it up whenever it makes sense for them, their in-house teams, and their second and third party partners.
Your comment has literally nothing to do with anything...
olGOn1M.gif

Elios83

FF7R part 2 announcement next week and a GoW focused State of Play at the end of this month (with release date confirmed this November) would already make June a really hot month for PS announcements.
If Tom Henderson is right they're planning for even more announcements... 👀

Zeroing

Banned
No shit. We're still expecting a showcase from Sony. We just don't know when they'll do it. It would be lame if state of plays was all sony did this year. Gotta have atleast one bigger show.
I already told this 5 times! It’s on October/early November!!!
They are still waiting for some stuff to be ready!

Top Bottom