• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Review copies go out this week according to Tom Henderson

Well, there are some scripted routines, but nothing "spontaneous".

Still, the game is amazing, just very different from Bethesda's approach. It's definitely worth playing.
Yea one of the best games ever. I’m glad it doesn’t hit the same itch BGS games do tho because I’ll enjoy starfield for a different reason than I enjoy BG3.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've been fully hit with the hype bug....2 weeks until I can play...I can almost taste it!

In for my space adventure and the gifs of bugs....

8 years since fallout 4...I'm ready Bethesda. Can't wait to make my own ship!

I'm watching the expanse and playing outer worlds to tide me over and its onky making me more hyped.
Same I have lost interest in playing other games at this point. I just want Starfield. Just stick the NASApunk in my veins.

FlyyGOD

"cooking" is now an overused phrase on social media based on that kingdom hearts meme. It means the game is fully baked, finished, etc.

18a.jpg
The term cooking has been used in urban areas long before Kingdom Hearts ever came out.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The term cooking has been used in urban areas long before Kingdom Hearts ever came out.
IDK, there is quite a bit going as far back as 2004.

Lots of meth and crack references.

I still go back further with an OG in 1997,
We can both pull burners, make the motherfucking beef cook

Stafford

18 more days and zero fucking marketing. This game is so DOOMed and gonna get a delay. And it won’t even have AI racers or online spectating at launch!

On a serious note, it's clear now how fond Howard is of not showing overly much (Direct was absolutely enough) and keeping quiet until it's the last few weeks.

It's been his thing ever since Fallout 4, the only difference is that Starfield got announced incredibly early, solely to calm down the people that were afraid the future of BGS was Fallout 76 type games.

18 more days and zero fucking marketing. This game is so DOOMed and gonna get a delay. And it won’t even have AI racers or online spectating at launch!
It won't have split screen either! Now I won't be able too see my friend getting trolled by the guard at a space facility :/ shit game with undelivered promises!

Hugare

I loved Fallout 3 and Skyrim, but absolutely hated Fallout 4/76

So I'm not very optimistic. I'm worried that Bethesda is kinda stuck in the past in many ways.

I expect a fun game, but nowhere near GOTY material as some of you are expecting it to be

Svejk

Man, this is going to be something special...
I just hope my ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 will run it ok.

Stafford

I loved Fallout 3 and Skyrim, but absolutely hated Fallout 4/76

So I'm not very optimistic. I'm worried that Bethesda is kinda stuck in the past in many ways.

I expect a fun game, but nowhere near GOTY material as some of you are expecting it to be

I loved playing through 4 but it wasn't as good as 3, NV, Skyrim and Oblivion when it comes to certain aspects such as traditional dialogue system. That is back! Stuff like that goes a long way.

Todd said it a while ago, that their previous games missed certain stuff that the older games did have and they are bringing that back. Just don't go expecting Morrowind levels.

Interfectum

No doubt that term has been used for years but Twitter has started using it a LOT this past year in part due to memes like that popularizing that phrase again.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm very curious about the per object motion blur that the game is using, as per DF.
Isn't it what they learned from id software? Doom Eternal has motion blur on enemies and objects that move fast.

Red5

Starfield is basically what I wanted from Star Citizen, just lacking the cinematic campaign starring Mark Hammil and Newtonian physics.

Honestly, I don't even care about reviews, a space faring RPG in this scale has been a dream game of mine.

Top Bottom