• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Review copies go out this week according to Tom Henderson

RPS37

For real though, is the world bout to be upside down by the end of the week?
I wonder if the embargo is up before September 1st.

Robb

Gold Member
Let’s go!

starfield-starfield-gameplay.gif

TVexperto

got 3.5 weeks off for starfield :) so ready for it! used my half vacation time this year for it lol but hopefully worth it

Last edited:

Kings Field

if the game is good this will be the best year in gaming in my lifetime imo.

Octopath traveler 2, ff16, TOTK, starfield, Spider-Man 2, AC6. That’s not even mentioning all the other releases this year that were great remakes and remasters and other games that I’m not omitting.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I wonder if ACG will get review code? He talked about messing up with his review of REDFALL dropping early so he may still be on the no codes list from MS.

Lokaum D+

Honest question, Why MS and Bethesda says that 30fps on consoles is a artistic/creative direction when PC ll run the game above 30fps ? if it is a artistic/creative direction the game shouldnt be locket at 30fps even on PC ?
Hodd Toward will deliver onto us a game so good, so pure, so next gen that BG3 will look like a flop.

Praise be to Hodd.
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member

Octopath traveler 2, ff16, TOTK, starfield, Spider-Man 2, AC6. That’s not even mentioning all the other releases this year that were great remakes and remasters and other games that I’m not omitting.
It’s insanity tbh. So much fantastic stuff releasing constantly!

god is real GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Honest question, Why MS and Bethesda says that 30fps on consoles is a artistic/creative direction when PC ll run the game above 30fps ? if it is a artistic/creative direction the game shouldnt be locket at 30fps even on PC ?
Because, they could get it to run at 60 fps on consoles if they wanted to downgrade other areas. They are choosing to prioritize visual and graphical polish over framerate because they think that is more important to the artistic vision they have for the game. It doesn't mean they wouldn't make it 60 fps if they had infinite power.

Was always one of the dumbest willful misrepresentations of a basic comment, but go for it. You're right, they probably don't even realize the game is 60 fps on PC!? Ooops!?!?!? #LiesofPhil

DryvBy

Let's hope it's good for gaming sake. I hope they do the reviews per platform, although Todd said he's been playing on a Series S so maybe it's all good.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

It was either 30FPS or start cutting features. They chose the former not to compromise on their creative vision. You’re working with hardware with finite amount of resources, you can’t have everything.

It’s actually very easy to understand for someone who developed anything in their lifetime.

I’m sure I’ll get 😂 responses to this post from armchair developers.

Interfectum

General rule for consoles:
1. High Graphic Fidelity
2. High Resolution
3. High Framerate

You can only choose two at a time.

Bethesda chose 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Because PC can keep the full experience and go beyond 30 fps. Consoles would have to put the axe in features, and since there's heavy hints that the game is CPU bound, when you start to axe into that its not the same game anymore. We're not talking about reducing textures or the likes, but object/creature persistence, AI, physics, etc.

Watch the game being CPU bound on PC too even with monsters.

Pelta88

It would be neat if Microsoft seemed to care about this game coming out.

Maybe, new screenshots, a new trailer series expanding upon the topics of the Starfield Direct. Like... anything?

This is the first single player Bethesda RPG since Skyrim and it seems to be releasing with zero fanfare. Very confusing.

A popular XBOX guy from a very popular XBOX podcast theorized that Activision is a factor. A game which was originally designed for PS being advertised as an exclusive... It's possible that don't like the optics and are willing to have as little media for the game as possible. If that is true, that's a (poor) management issue.

salva

Because, they could get it to run at 60 fps on consoles if they wanted to downgrade other areas. They are choosing to prioritize visual and graphical polish over framerate because they think that is more important to the artistic vision they have for the game. It doesn't mean they wouldn't make it 60 fps if they had infinite power.

Was always one of the dumbest willful misrepresentations of a basic comment, but go for it. You're right, they probably don't even realize the game is 60 fps on PC!? Ooops!?!?!? #LiesofPhil
The Office Thank You GIF

amigastar

I'm playing the shit out of BG3 (still in act 1 yes because I explore and read everything, sometimes reloading a save to try different options etc)

image.png

and yet I can't wait to put my hands on Starfield. You know people can appreciate many games right? Not to mention they have nothing in common.
That's true. Starfield will be completely different to BG3 and i love it.

Salz01

I’m torn between getting it on PC or Console. Really want to know about performance on console and if mod support wil be one to one as PC. Outside of graphical mods.

ebevan91

You didn’t even mention BG3 lol

Top Bottom