• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Review copies go out this week according to Tom Henderson

Draugoth

Gold Member
Starfield Review copies go out this week according to Tom Henderson and Jez Corden

HiTaB79.png

Starfield Review codes will go out between August 14 - August 21

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I wonder if that "Games Enquirer" site is actually not getting their codes until the 1st or something.

They seem pretty adamant about it, but apparently have deleted their tweets?

M.W. M.W. you from TeamXBox?

Last edited:

Bkdk

After playing baldur's gate 3 I'm looking to starfield even more now, despite bg3 being my goty so far, I really want some real time battle rpgs, much better city reaction AI and a game that is much more moddable. The release dates of bg3 and starfield is in perfect timing, as long as the starfield main game isn't broken and hit its promises, both games would help out each other in terms of sales. Players that finished either game will likely be tired of the formula a bit and need some change by playing the other.

Mercador

Perhaps they send the code at different times for different media outlets. Back in the days, I had Skyrim for almost 4 weeks prior to launch (and was quite happy about it).

Dane

Pretty much the average BGS gone gold to official day release, they never announce it going gold before having copies already en route.

Last edited:

RespawnX

Many publishers have a two-class system. First category reviewers are the important media representatives and big influencers. They are usually among the most likely to receive the codes. The second class receives the codes closer to the release. This is not always the case, but especially for titles where you don't want to risk leaks. In other words, one of the two simply doesn't have enough reach to belong to category A. On the other hand, Microsoft has done some really wild things here in the past, so who knows.

SenkiDala

At the same time I'm excited and worried. It could be the perfect space opera journey like Mass Effect, but... Bethesda being Bethesda (and now supervised by Microsoft, the game studios destroyers) I'm a bit worried. I just want my 30fps 4K space adventure with mysterious places to explore, good enough combats, nice plot in the background, please don't fuck up. :(

Vox Machina

Banned
91. Bring the space games of my dreams.

I'm going >90. Space game of my dreams will probably have to wait until Starfield 2 where hopefully we get seamless transitions from Space <-> Land. There's just something about it that seals the deal. Won't take away from my enjoyment of Starfield but I do hope they add it in the sequel.

Ozriel

M$FT
Many publishers have a two-class system. First category reviewers are the important media representatives and big influencers. They are usually among the most likely to receive the codes. The second class receives the codes closer to the release. This is not always the case, but especially for titles where you don't want to risk leaks. In other words, one of the two simply doesn't have enough reach to belong to category A. On the other hand, Microsoft has done some really wild things here in the past, so who knows.

Looks like Games enquirer mistook the keys being provided for streamers, content creators etc (which has always been announced for same date/time as early access players) as the keys for reviewers.

Jez certainly didnt have to be an asshole about it.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm planning on taking off the 6th, 7th, and 8th.

Not buying until after early access is out though.

Raven77

It would be neat if Microsoft seemed to care about this game coming out.

Maybe, new screenshots, a new trailer series expanding upon the topics of the Starfield Direct. Like... anything?

This is the first single player Bethesda RPG since Skyrim and it seems to be releasing with zero fanfare. Very confusing.

rubhen925

it's funny these guys are talking about when codes go out, when most companies explicitly ask reviewers not to mention embargo info and when codes are sent etc.

Ristifer

I haven’t really been this excited for a game in a long time, bugs and all. Some of the bugs will be hilarious, so I’m even in for those. I don’t know. Outside of remakes, I haven’t felt confident about my interest in many games. But this one is getting me hyped. I’m sure I’ll get burned, but meh.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Hodd Toward will deliver onto us a game so good, so pure, so next gen that BG3 will look like a flop.

Praise be to Hodd.

Top Bottom