• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: "Xbox baffled by the extend of rumors. Sources tell nothing set in stone for xbox ports apart from Hifi Rush and Sea of Thieves"

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Once you get served a big fat nothing burger, we will revisit this. 😜
Unlike you, I won't be personally affected by whatever happens. I already own all of the devices necessary to play the games and you're just hoping it's a "big fat nothing burger".

In regards to winning vs losing, Xbox has already lost, which is why moves are being made. The "Sony fanboys" you speak of are clearly not the only ones expecting big changes. Their insiders already know stuff is happening and they don't have to be going full 3rd party for folks to see that something's up.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
aQpW16v.gif

Megatron

You are drawing an artificial line at AAA games. It does not matter if the game is AAA or not. It's just a shitty practice regardless of who is doing it. Microsoft does not buy companies "instead" of purchasing exclusivity. Microsoft has done both. As does Sony.
Well the reason there is a line is because indies are small groups who need money. As far as I know, All these exclusives are pretty much always small studios that needed money to make their game and MS gave it to them and in return they get the game first. That is very different that Sony paying companies to keep games they are already making off the competitors platform.

TheMan

well, I'm surprised they're surprised lol. People find tidbits of info and run with it to the most catastrophic possible conclusion all. the. time.

That said, I stand by my previous assertion that we are not getting news about some dramatic, business defining change in direction via podcast.

If it were to be your wishful thinking eg. A Nothingburger, they would have served it by now.

But no. This will be a hard to swallow quarter pounder of a burger with a side of Fuck you salad and a large Copem Cola for the die hard Xbots.
Why wouldn't they adress the rumours if it was nothing? Exactly.

Stop pretending nothing will happen and that it's the PS fans who are blowing this out of proportion.
Because thats a straight up lie.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
You are right, but that only applies if we know for a fact that the rumors are true, the problem is, what you just said is based on an assumption, it’s a rumor that started with talks of HiFi Rush possibly coming to Switch and Sea of Thieves going to other platforms, from that to the entire company going 3rd party like Sega is the definition of blowing things out of proportion. Setting up a podcast to address rumors is a good thing and needed because things are getting out of control, and a lot of that damage is coming from wishful thinking Sony fanboys who would love to see Xbox lose.

Microsoft isn't having a special podcast to shut up Sony fanboys. They are doing this because Xbox fans on twitter are freaking out. That's where the damage control comes in. And if the rumors are not true and Microsoft isn't putting any games on PlayStation then Microsoft is just wasting everyone's time.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Microsoft isn't having a special podcast to shut up Sony fanboys. They are doing this because Xbox fans on twitter are freaking out. That's where the damage control comes in. And if the rumors are not true and Microsoft isn't putting any games on PlayStation then Microsoft is just wasting everyone's time.
A key component here.

Ozriel

M$FT
Any chance Hi-Fi Rush will be saved for Switch 2 at least? This game deserves to be played @ a silky 60fps.

Of course they will instead push it on the weak ass hardware with 135m users @ a dissapointing 30fps...😮‍💨

Switch users are not unaccustomed to running games at visual and framerate settings worse than other current consoles. So that’s fine

Astray

Gold Member
You are right, but that only applies if we know for a fact that the rumors are true, the problem is, what you just said is based on an assumption, it’s a rumor that started with talks of HiFi Rush possibly coming to Switch and Sea of Thieves going to other platforms, from that to the entire company going 3rd party like Sega is the definition of blowing things out of proportion. Setting up a podcast to address rumors is a good thing and needed because things are getting out of control, and a lot of that damage is coming from wishful thinking Sony fanboys who would love to see Xbox lose.

I can see Game Pass removing “Xbox” since it’s no longer only tied to Xbox’s, you can play anywhere and there’s no more Xbox Game Studios, it’s now Microsoft Game Studios, so Microsoft Game Pass is one of the rumors I believe to be plausible. So having heard that, I can see how logically one would assume MS is getting rid of Xbox, but that’s not necessarily true, rebranding Game Pass doesn’t necessarily mean Xbox is going away.
Microsoft, a megacorp that has a PR army at its disposal didn't bother to correct a single rumor that came out either via contacting the news outlet or denying it on their social media outlets.

That's as good a confirmation that all exclusives are coming to other consoles as you'll ever get.

That's why the Xbox consumer freak out happened.

JackMcGunns

1*Z5Rx9J-qrxSKXEEkg0VApg.gif

If it were to be your wishful thinking eg. A Nothingburger, they would have served it by now.

But no. This will be a hard to swallow quarter pounder of a burger with a side of Fuck you salad and a large Copem Cola for the die hard Xbots.
Why wouldn't they adress the rumours if it was nothing? Exactly.

Stop pretending nothing will happen and that it's the PS fans who are blowing this out of proportion.
Because thats a straight up lie.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

IMG_0215.jpeg

Boom!!

JackMcGunns

Boom what? Microsoft just announced 4 first party ports to competitor platforms! How is that nothing? Thats a fucking megaton. Of course, the people who was saying Microsoft would literally exit the console business did overblow it but this news is far from a "nothing burger".

The rumors were that Microsoft was getting rid of Xbox entirely and going the Sega route. Shit was out of control for a mere 4 fucking games going multiplat. Big fat nothing burger.

Mr Moose

The rumors were that Microsoft was getting rid of Xbox entirely and going the Sega route. Shit was out of control for a mere 4 fucking games going multiplat. Big fat nothing burger.
The only reason they'd do that is when they aren't the ones deciding (sales), sure they are tanking but it's not quite dead. Never go full Tim Dog.

SolarFry

It was. I dared suggesting they won't quit and was quoted and laughed at by so many people. Crap like "copium, hopium" etc. It was quite funny and ridiculous at the same time. Absolute muppets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom