• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - June 02, 2022

better than i expected for a state of play but i really hope we dont have to wait until september for sony's showcase! i want more 1st party updates asap!

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
The bar is low.....apparently
You know the bar is low. Come off if. State of play have been mediocre, at best. Go back and look at any thread after a sop ends. Nothing but hate. I guess the deep dive not as much because Sony was clear, but otherwise ppl usually disappointed. No need to rewrite history.

Last edited:
The bicycle game looked like the exact stereotype of indie trash

I hope FF16 is good... I hope they take some stuff from FF7R since that actually had a good combat system. 15 was boring.

Last edited:
Don't forget that it is coming from someone that goes camping with its console....So probably an expert in lowbar.

xePcbqk.gif

Topher

Gold Member
You know the bar is low. Come off if. State of play have been trash. Go back and look at any thread after a sop ends. Nothing but hate. I guess the deep dive not as much because Sony was clear, but otherwise ppl usually disappointed. No need to rewrite history.

It was a joke. You kept mentioning the bar being low.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
The artstyle for RollerDome had me thinking it was another rollerblade-based game that got shown off very recently, but Rollerdome looks better/more unique than that game so I'll probably at least give it a try.
The move style reminded me a bit of a 2d action action game, banana something, I'l look for it....Not banana it was My friend pedro.If the moveset is crazy it can be good.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
A lot better than I was expecting. Some pretty exciting stuff coming up. I look forward to the "rate this state of play thread" and all the hot takes people are bound to come up with.

Katajx

Gold Member
Imagine thinking that this was disapointing

It started with freaking RE 4, ffs. That alone makes this SOP better than 90% of the others in the past.

The anime game was the only shitty part, the rest was fire

Was kinda disapointed with FF XVI because I hated the HUD and damage numbers floating everywhere

Callisto Protocol was the star, for me. Loved every second of the trailer, and cant wait to put my hands on it.
I don’t know about the rest of the HUD customization, but I bet you can turn the damage numbers off.

I also thought Callisto Protocol looked interesting.

//DEVIL//

was expecting a Silent hill game... metal gear solid game... Nope.

Don't know why but Street Fighter 6 graphics I thought they are gonna be better. still day one. but eh.
I am not feeling the hype of Final fantasy either. give me 7 remakes 2, please..

Spiderman on PC... I want that.

and the only VR ill ever buy is gonna be on PC. just for the community support and way more games/functionality of VR.

I can’t really understand the people who call this show weak or bad.The show had Resi 4 as a start we all grew up with Resi and most consider 4 the best.Street Fight 6 was in it same like Resi absolutely amazing series we grew up with.An absolutely amazing looking Scary Dead Space like game.Final Fantasy 16 same as Resi and Street Fighter amazing series with an amazing trailer.Back in the day when E3 was Resi 4 and FF 16 alone would be an outstanding show which everyone would jump out their chairs now it’s trash show 3/10 really?

OsirisBlack

Banned
"Early build", "tuning graphics", same shit everytime

The game may have improved graphically, but not by a ton. They didnt switch engines.

They already had lots of gameplay scenarios and cutscenes in place during the reveal trailer. It was not early in development, it was already deep in production for some time (some insiders said that it's almost ready for release, ffs)

We will see, but I doubt that we will see many changes to its graphics. It would be a first in quite a while.
Not a different engine but it looks MUCH better.

VN1X

Banned
If it was a showcase, they'd call it that. However, it is only a State of Play. Usually there is no big news at State of Plays. So it is better if you lower your expectations.

Today is Stray, small stuff, PSVR2.
Summer Ad Fest is probably just a God of War trailer and release date.
September is probably a larger showing with 2023-2025 games.

FFXVI is kind of the wild card. Who knows.
So yeah... fuck you guys. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Amiga

This State of Play was horrifying.

PSVR2 game worlds look much more lively than PSVR1. Have yet to play RE8, so that's one extra big game for me at launch.

Nintendo and MS need to put up a fight, the competition made fandom fun.

Thief1987

Tried horizon's performance mode update and it's looks excellent now. Shimmering completely gone and only downside to res mode that it's a little softer.

PS also they announced VRR support and 40fps mode in the next update soon.

I thought it was a good show, well paced with exciting announcements throughout and didn’t drag

Certainly started and ended with a bang

FF16 is the highlight of the show, the gameplay looks fantastic and this is what I want to see from the series

Only disappointment was the VR titles were light…only call of the mountain and RE.

Where are all the other VR gsmes?

You don't think that they will have a proper PS VR showcase? 😏

Very, very good state of play. Everything, except for that anime based title (action/dating sim?) appeals to my sensibilities...

Last edited:
Top Bottom