• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - June 02, 2022

Another year of crossgen it seems. Not sure how I feel about it going that long. Still a supply issue driving that decision would be my guess. Glad I still have my PS4 Pro

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Really digging the FFXVI art direction, but I’m still can’t figure out the combat, but I can wait to find out more.

Sephimoth

Better than other State of Plays.

Huge FF fan, but setting looks a bit generic and combat looks a bit FF15 which worries me. But will look forward to it

Last edited:

FunkMiller

REmake 4 and Village both with VR is excellent.
Callisto Project looks good as a Dead Space replacement.
FF16 looked a little generic, but hopefully it’ll be a return to form.
The rest was a bit meh, but all round a much better SOP than we’re used to.

This is.... really disappointing.

Resident Evil 4 is the only thing that even slightly appeals to me and it's a REMAKE. Not that intersted. Everything else. Snore. Maybe Final Fantasy has a modicam of appeal but... blah.

I guess Spiderman coming to PC is cool... is there really any reason to own a Playstation anymore? If only Sony would day and date release their games on PC.

SRSLY not God of War is a bit of a mistake IMO.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Dare I say one of the best State of Plays to date?

The only "WTF am I looking at - what's the audience for this game?" trailer was Season: A Letter to the Future. Something to please the blue-haired nose piercing audience I guess.

Last edited:

Barakov

Summer 2023 for FFXVI? That's fine. The rest of the year seems pretty stacked. I'd rather they release a mainline Final Fantasy game that's..ya know...finished.

Katajx

Gold Member
That was actually pretty good. Hope we get some more stuff from the Summer Game Fest stuff and maybe the Microsoft showcase.

Was great to see FF16, but that release date hurts.

Last edited:

shaddam

The R2 to hold hands animu game and Calisto Protocol looked really great. The giant vampire lady will give me boners ins vr (too)

lachesis

RE4 Leon's face looked similar to RE2 remake - which makes sense.
He looked kinda fat with unusually wide hip and bulky jacket. Hmm.

I actually liked the Rollerdrome and Season: whatever's art style. I hope Japan would step up their game making their cell shaded games better... (That eternight thing looked.. rather sad.)

SFVI was definitely the highlight for me; if the content is there and the netcode is actually good, it's gonna be big. RE4 Remake looks pretty good. That RollerDrome game actually looks pretty cool, and FF XVI looks awesome. The VR games including Horizon look promising.

Actually, I don't think there was a single weak game in the showing. Guess the only surprise is FF XVI is a bit further out than I thought but makes sense they want to give Forspoken some breathing room and more time for FFXVI to be polished.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I give the show a C+. I simply don’t give even the tiniest shit about Final Fantasy. I hate that series so much. Same with Street Fighter. No Bloodborne PC/PS5 disappointed me.

The best parts were Callisto and the Horizon FW patch.

Top Bottom