• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play Announced for February 6 (Extended Look on FFVIi Rebirth)

Draugoth

Gold Member
XqmqPp8.png

Sony Interactive Entertainment will host a State of Play dedicated to Final Fantasy VII Rebirth on February 6, the company announced.

“State of Play will return February 6 with an extensive look at Final Fantasy VII Rebirth,” said Sony Interactive Entertainment director of portfolio for global third-party relations Shawne Benson during today’s State of Play broadcast. “Square Enix will be sharing new gameplay details along with exciting news you won’t want to miss.”

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
Yeah, it’s gonna be quite a blowout I imagine and more than the 2-3 minute trailer I expected. Might want to skip if you want to go in as blind as possible.

Bkdk

There is no one in SE or sony that can sell and lie about games like todd howard does though, it would be interesting to see how they want to do this ff7 rebirth only state of play.

saintjules

They cut FF from the last minute?

What a backstab from Sony to Square Enix.

/s? Couldn't tell.

Backstabbing by giving them their own State of Play next week? How much more do you need to see of this game? Lol

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've already got my copy pre-ordered, will definitely check this out.

DeepSpace5D

Actually thought it was great they didn’t use up time on Rebirth since it’s been shown multiple times before. Looking forward to checking out more on the 6’th though!

Go_Ly_Dow

This is because IMO they want to surprise with the demo dropped in the same day. I think a complete month before release would be too much time for the demo to be out there. The sweet spot is likely 3 weeks
Sounds about right, although I think a demo is kinda pointless with part 1 out - unless it's sole focus is to let people feel first hand how it's a bigger world.

Fake

They will have their own show, so they can show like 20-30 Minutes of the game instead of maybe 3-5 minutes today.

So far most of these "in depth" State of Plays were pretty good and showed a lot of details about the games in question...

Every game get their piece of share. IDK why would you guys want like 30 minutes of an entire game.

/s? Couldn't tell.

Backstabbing by giving them their own State of Play next week? How much more do you need to see of this game? Lol

Yes. If the only thing you guys see is that 'ThEiR oWn' show. Dude this presentation was like 40 minutes. Between 5 to 10 minutes of Final Fantasy would be great already.

I mean, WTF are you guys expecting something that big of difference between the last FF7remake and this? To require 30 minutes ALONE? I can see good improvements, but nothing game changing. Is the continuation of the same game, with is fine BTW.

At this point they should leave FF presentation to Square Enix inself.

Last edited:
Every game get their piece of share. IDK why would you guys want like 30 minutes of an entire game.

Yes. If the only thing you guys see is that 'ThEiR oWn' show. Dude this presentation was like 40 minutes. Between 5 to 10 minutes of Final Fantasy would be great already.

I mean, WTF are you guys expecting something that big of difference between the last FF7remake and this? To require 30 minutes ALONE? I can see good improvements, but nothing game changing. Is the continuation of the same game, with is fine BTW.

At this point they should leave FF presentation to Square Enix inself.

Bruh Rebirth is going to make Part 1 look like a demo. Shit is massive

Fake

Bruh Rebirth is going to make Part 1 look like a demo. Shit is massive

Massive, yes. Game changing, no.

Again, this is a continuation of a game with I'm totally fine. Just like GoW with GoW: Ragnarok. I don't understand why this require 30 minutes alone. Would be better if the next State of Play got a Square Enix games focused.

Madflavor

The final trailer for Remake in case anyone needs a reminder on how much shit these things tend to spoil.

tl;dw: It's a lot.

Sethbacca

On the one hand I want to watch, but on the other I’ve already preordered so I probably won’t so I can go in mostly blind. I think I’ve only seen a trailer at this point.

Top Bottom