• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth – physical edition discs mislabeled in Japan, Asia

FF7R-Disc-Mislabel_02-28-24_JP-768x432.jpg

Square Enix has discovered a printing error on Final Fantasy VII Rebirth game discs printed for the Japan and Asia regions, the company announced.

Due to an error during Sony Interactive Entertainment‘s manufacturing process, the Data Disc is erroneously labeled as the “Play Disc,” and the Play Disc is erroneously labeled as the “Data Disc.”

Square Enix has issued the following rectification guide:

How to Rectify the Issue:

By following the guide below, players will be able to play Final Fantasy VII Rebirth on their PlayStation 5 console without issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

1. Insert the black disc (marked “Play Disc”) into your PlayStation 5 console and install the requisite data.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions. Once the installation is complete, insert the white disc (marked “Data Disc”) to start the game.
After the initial installation, players will only ever need to use the disc labeled “Data Disc” from step two to play.

—English

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
—Japanese

—Korean

—Traditional Chinese

—Simplified Chinese

Nankatsu

Gold Member
They are trying so hard to change the the games story, that even the discs labels got changed too.

Very angry about it. I live in Japan and will get the mislabeled discs. It’s okay for now, since I have read it now, but there is no way I remember when I want to replay the game years later.

DonF

Very angry about it. I live in Japan and will get the mislabeled discs. It’s okay for now, since I have read it now, but there is no way I remember when I want to replay the game years later.
not an issue, if you use the install disc you get a promt to use the other disc and vice versa.

at leaast this happened to me with cyberpunk that also comes with two discs.

Top Bottom