• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - June 02, 2022

emivita

STRAY!!!! Game of the year.

taylor-armstrong-cat-yelling-meme.jpg
RKfoZjP.png

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
No i'm serious, outside of VR which i don't care and PC porting there was nothing. And i'm playstation fanboy but it's just a fact, Sony is fucking doing everything wrong and following those MS/EA/Acti that are more about money making than passion. Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst a PS leader is big big big mistake. Why are you call in it a Playstation stream and ask me to tune for Playstation news to then announce me PC news? like WTF are you nuts or mad???!!

You lack imagination.

Sony makes big budget AAA titles, and are plotting more content acquisition. These take money to deliver.

Makes perfect sense to port Spiderman to PC for say, $50, sell 4 million copies and then bank a cool $100m+ in profit to fund more games. These games being ported are already considered old, and are heavily discounted on PlayStation. They’ve done all the heavy lifting they could have done for console sales. Better to cash in on PC.

The money Sony will make from putting Bloodborne remaster on Steam will easily fund 2 AAA games. That’s how you win.

You’re not a real PlayStation fan if these late ports offend you.

You’re also gonna have to get used to these things. I’d wager a lot of their live service games will ship on PC either at launch or close by.

Ozriel

M$FT
No i'm serious, outside of VR which i don't care and PC porting there was nothing. And i'm playstation fanboy but it's just a fact, Sony is fucking doing everything wrong and following those MS/EA/Acti that are more about money making than passion. Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst a PS leader is big big big mistake. Why are you call in it a Playstation stream and ask me to tune for Playstation news to then announce me PC news? like WTF are you nuts or mad???!!

If you don’t find anything appealing about RE 4 Remake, FFXVI, SF6, Callisto protocol etc, I’m not sure what else would have suited your tastes.

Checkers? Scrabble?

Lognor

Banned
still dont know what you are on about same mistake, SF V is the 2nd best performing SF game to date. There are graphs.
Second best selling at a steeply discounted price. Less than two months after release it could be found for $10. Now Capcom did course correct and did a great job supporting the game for 6 years, which also helps to explain why it has become the second best selling SF game. No other SF game was supported for as long and Capcom's prior strategy was to release new versions of a game (Super SF IV, Ultra SF IV, etc).

And while SFV did have an Arcade Edition and Champion Edition, correct me if I'm wrong, but the sales from those editions were lumped in to the total SFV sales. But if you look at the wikipedia page for SF IV, for example, that was not previously the case. While an estimate, wikipedia shows all editions of SF IV having sold 9.3M! That's far more than what SFV has sold based on Capcom's own numbers. So is it really the second best selling SF game ever?...

VN1X

Banned
Probably not by the games but because we knew about this already for the most part. And a remaster of a game that came out 3 console generations ago isn't that exciting. I didn't spend 500 bucks to play old games in higher resolution.
A REMASTER HE SAYS.

INSANE. INSANE!

Matsuchezz

Callisto protocol looks awesome and it is made by the same guy who created Dead Space. I will buy Dead Space remake day one. But CP LOOKS fucking awesome.
I liked this state of play. I enjoyed most of it and it was not boring. I expected nothing and came away very pleased.

Re4 looks great. I never fully enjoyed Re4 on the cube. I did not like the graphics.
FFXVI looks pretty great I would like a Vagrant Story remake with such quality looking visuals. The game lacks polish but it looks fantastic on the art side.

I will buy PSVR2 just to enjoy horror games. Revii was superb in VR.
Stray looks awesome. I will upgrade to ps plus extra.

Cool showing actual games with release dates.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Overall, I was very impressed.

* Callisto Protocol is a day one purchase from me. The Game Informer article regarding the insight of the game was very informative and I look forward to seeing it come into play.
* Street Fighter 6 looking kinda nice. Interesting but cool redesigns like Ryu w/ Oro's sash and Chun's new outfit. I want to see the new mechanics in play in an actual match.
* Final Fantasy XVI is looking like a Clash of the Titans sorta deal. The FF 13 font is ugly tho but it's a minor nitpick. Loving what I see!
* Might have to pick up Stray, definitely love cats lol.
* Resident Evil 4 looks really good, though I would MUCH prefer Code Veronica to get remade than anything else.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Because Playstation loves PC. Herman Hurst literally came out and said this last year. Sony told their investors that their games will be going to PC going forward. It's literally why they bought Nixxes. People just didnt want to believe it. I remember people telling me that Sony will just port 4 year old PS4 games to PC, and now we see Returnal show up on Steam DB. A PS5 game that came out just last year. You just have to get used to the fact that Playstation is no longer a console business.

You are 100% right about Jimbo and Herman following Activision,MS and EA's model of making money over pushing gaming forward each gen. It's why they are going to release 12 GaaS games in the next 3 years. It's why they are releasing 3 last gen games this year. To maximize revenue instead of offering their fanbase who spent $500 on their console a true next gen experience. I warned about this years ago when people asked why going multiplatform is bad. It's bad because the moment you go multiplatform, you decide that revenue is more important than quality content. The vision of the devs suffers because they are now forced to slave away on last gen games and GaaS trash all to line up pockets of execs who just want to get rich.

It's shocking to me that not a single next gen looking game was at the show. Everything looked worse than Horizon FW and Ratchet. And HFW is a last gen game. It's clear that Sony first party had fuck all to show 2 years in a row now so they had to rely on third party whose multiplatform greediness and lack of ambition has resulted in RE4, FF16 and SF6 looking cross gen as fuck. This is where Playstation first party had to step up and they simply arent ready because they were too busy making last gen games in 2022, and are too busy making GaaS trash to fund Jimbo's yacht. It's hilarious to me that people are saying Sony's E3 will be in September, 3 months after E3 and 1 month after Gamescom. It's like me giving my wife a Valentine's Day present on mother's day and wishing her Happy Valentine's Day. And last year, their first party showcase was absolutely atrocious. A CG trailer? An inengine teaser. And a last gen GOW game that looked so underwhelming, Evillore thought it looked like a DLC Expansion. I cant believe Sony of all companies would release a CG trailer but like you said, this is exactly what multiplatform companies do when they have nothing to show and thats what Sony is now.

It's time to move on man. There is nothing left of the old Sony you were a fan of. If they did, they wouldve shown up at E3 with some first party games. The sooner you realize this new reality, the quicker you will be able to move on. I see a lot of denial on this board with people telling me Sony wouldnt go last year without a holiday exclusive, and this year i was told there will be some next gen game revealed at E3 that will launch in holiday 2022. It is just wishful thinking.

GHound

Absolutely shocked that this obvious fake wasn’t real lol
Dunno what you're talking about, it has RE4, RE8 VR, Street Fighter 6 and I'm playing Modern Warfare II 2 VR on my PSVR2 headset as we speak. Everything else was a big ol' swapperoni that I decided last minute because I'm the king and all must bend to my will.🙃

xrnzaaas

Stray looks great, also can't wait for Callisto Protocol. I'm hyped more than for Dead Space Remake since I've already finished the original 5 or 6 times and remember all key scenes by heart.

Top Bottom