• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Xbox & Bethesda Showcase 2022

Rate the Showcase (1 being the lowest score, 10 being the highest)

Votes: 23 2.3%

Votes: 32 3.2%

Votes: 76 7.7%

Votes: 76 7.7%

Votes: 113 11.4%

Votes: 144 14.6%

Votes: 187 18.9%

Votes: 190 19.2%

Votes: 75 7.6%

Votes: 58 5.9%

Votes: 15 1.5%

• Total voters

Nautilus

Banned
God I’ll be THAT guy. Everything seems ok cause it’s ALL on Game Pass. Like really, is that all that matters? No matter how terrible the game so long as it’s on GP it’s all good?!

Anyway, where was Banjo? Goldeneye? Starfield looked good but 1000’s of planets totally explorable? So like No Man’s Sky worked? Not what I was expecting.

Every single other game looked boring to me. Another Lego add on for a horizon game? Ok, persona was nice and a new Kojima game is interesting but the rest was trash.

3/10

Sorry to keep going on about Game Pass but it seems like no matter what happens so long as they release it on Game Pass people are happy. Well fuck that- I’m not. They now have a great opportunity to release new games for old franchises yet we just see trash.
Yeah, the moment they said "We have 100s of solar systems" brought me ack to No Mans Lie and how lame most if not all the worlds were(at launch at least).

I hope I'm wrong, but I worry that the game will be bloated as hell.

Definitely seemed like they were holding back showing a lot of stuff not coming out relatively soon, and 2022 looks barren. Persona ports, and Starfield/Redfall looking good was enough for me, plus Hot Wheels expansion was dope, but there was a whole 20-30 minute stretch in the middle that I was almost falling asleep on, and they spent way too much time on things like Flight Simulator, Forza Motorsport, Overwatch 2, and the Riot Games segment.

Looneyiscrazy

Neo Member
2/10 Only good games were Forza Motorsport and Starfield. I cant wait until 2023 we can get back to e3 to see the crowds react to game trailers, hoping for the next gears game in 2023 or 2024.

boomcrab

I gave a solid 8. Lots of good stuff but nothing too crazy, but I wasn't really expecting crazy. Starfield looks cool, but parts of it rub me the wrong way. Maybe ambitious to a fault, and the gameplay looks a little rough to me. Still plenty of time to polish it up so who knows

CitizenZ

Banned
MS is like Saudi golf, you just throw money out to anyone who wants it good or bad. I think it was still a good show, 7/10 and Starfield is exactly what i thought it would be, a less buggy more mainstream version of Star Citizen. The other that stuck out was Redfall, though very formulaic, there were a lot of cool mechanics, settings and gunplay. however, it better include a STFU in settings, because that voice acting was horrible.

Starfield was definitely the highlight, I kinda already knew what to expect, a Fallout + No Man's Sky style game. Other than this and Scorn nothing caught my attention. I guess maybe Redfall but it looks... a little bit generic.
I'd rate it 6.5, above average.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
6/10. I liked Redfall, The High Life, Hollow Knight Silksong, FM8, FH5 Hot Wheels, Minecraft Legends, and Starfield.

Last edited:

Aion002

David Mitchell Joy GIF

I am extremely hyped for the new Team Ninja game, which is coming to gamepass. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

TrebleShot

This Kojima game is going to be something similar to 12 mins or whatever it was called , very small experience as it’s being called.

The overall show leaves me dry, Forza and Starfield were the best and they were okay.

Hezekiah

Banned
A lot of the big-hitters missing - Fable, Indiana Jones, Everwild, Avowed, Quake, Perfect Dark.

A lot of stuff that doesn't interest me. Redfall looks pretty mediocre.

Best game is probably Forza again. Warhammer and Callisto Protocol coming to GamePass a big plus for subscribers.

1, only Starfield, not enough AAA and too many AA and below.
Definitely seemed like they were holding back showing a lot of stuff not coming out relatively soon, and 2022 looks barren. Persona ports, and Starfield/Redfall looking good was enough for me, plus Hot Wheels expansion was dope, but there was a whole 20-30 minute stretch in the middle that I was almost falling asleep on, and they spent way too much time on things like Flight Simulator, Forza Motorsport, Overwatch 2, and the Riot Games segment.
I feel like Microsoft was holding back things, most of these games I think are going to come out in the first half of 2023, and anything else might be after June 2023. They can't win regardless in gamers eyes though is what I noticed:

Too many action TPS GAMEs, MS only makes one type of game <- This used to be a main complaint
Versus now
Where's my TRIPLE AAA Sonyish cinematic action game

I'll take variety over having 2-3 tent pole exclusives every 3-4 years. At least MS is trying to experiment with Redfall, and a couple of other games.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Really enjoyed that conference. Had lots of games I was interested in trying.

Being that gamepass was pushed for a vast majority of them means I am extremely happy.

Getting turtles, silksong and starfield for what amounts to $5 a month is phenomenal.

Isa

I give it an 8. There was definitely a bit of filler content, and that is always going to be subject to personal tastes. For me personally there was enough to satisfy me, Forza Motorsport looks like a proper pretty racer. The Last Case game looked quite pretty as well. Flintlock and A Plague Tale also look like good times, and quite pretty too. Starfield was an expected and anticipated title for me, and my petty ass was off messing around on other systems thanks to the delay. But man it looks amazing to me. I think people aren't really acknowledging the scale of systems at play with an action rpg the likes of Bethesda's games. I've played way more jank than that, and honestly encounter very few if any bugs, hence why Fallout 4 is among my top games of the gen. The scale of Starfield reminds me a bit of Mass Effect 1, but with Bethesda's game design. The ship design, customization and flight is awesome, and I like the character creator. Jet packs make everything better too! I love the variety of architectural styles at play. I can see them adding content to the various planets over the years too, and I hope they do.

My icing on the cake was the Persona announcement. Dear god in heaven I never thought I'd see the day. I'm going to do a full playthrough of each for sure. I'm also looking forward to Wolong as Team Ninja are ace, but what type of game will it be? I'm thinking a Nioh type game? In fact I hope so, could be a really fun romp. Makes me wonder what the other show will have?

Pallas

A lot of the big-hitters missing - Fable, Indiana Jones, Everwild, Avowed, Quake, Perfect Dark.

A lot of stuff that doesn't interest me. Redfall looks pretty mediocre.

Best game is probably Forza again. Warhammer and Callisto Protocol coming to GamePass a big plus for subscribers.
Well the show was for games releasing in the next 12 months. Pretty unfortunate that those games are still over a year away.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Outside of Starfield, nothing there for me.

Also, it is obvious that the rumors of Fable and Everwild being in development hell are true. They won’t show up until 2024 at the earliest.

Starfield is a fall 2023 game for sure. It will probably only run at 60fps on the next Xbox/PC.

Last edited:
Thread was merged, I’d copied my comment anticipating my thread would just be deleted.

I was at least hoping that Hellblade 2 would be 2023.

If going forward they only stuff 12 months out hopefully they still have some big games for the 2nd half of 2023 which they can show at the game awards (or next "E3" lol)

Find it hard to believe their 2023 lineup is just their 2022 lineup.

Last edited:

Zarak

Neo Member
2/10 Steaming pile of fresh dog shit. Almost no AAA games first party or otherwise. Almost nothing to show for all the studios they bought. Kojima is great but they had nothing to show or say. No Gears, no Halo, No Fable, No avowed, No Banjo, No Hellblade 2 nothing really. Positives were Forza, Persona coming to Xbox, Starfield looked fantastic, Diablo 4 looked great. MIcrosoft 2022 1st party is a complete wasteland.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'll be brutally honest. It bored the shit out of me. Not only that, but it has only reinforced my beliefs that I've fallen out of love with gaming.

Nothing in that show got my heart pumping. Not even Starfield got me hard.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
So, i think the problem is that my personal expectations for their first party presentations are too high. They show cg for fable, perfect dark, and avowed and i say great, but they should really show gameplay. A year passes, and they say “okay, people want gameplay, but the majority of our first party games are not yet in a state to be shown” so they lean on a lot of aa live service games, and indies as a crutch, rather then using them to compliment their own triple a library. So i think im just impossible to please, i want gameplay, but i want gameplay of the big first party games we were promised 2-3 years ago.

It doesnt help that they dont have any new big first party games this year. I know i spent alot of time dunking on them today, but i am an xbox fan, i use my series x more than my ps5. I think i just need to face the realities of modern game development, and accept that there is no perfect middle ground

Last edited:
I guess they tied this game showcase to what's in the next 12 months, hence no Avowed, Project Midnight, Inxiles game etc.
Plenty of games shown, plenty I have no interest in.
Forza Motorsport, Plagues Tale, that Japanese zombie game and Starfield are the stand outs for me.
There is a saying, becareful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Gaf : I don't want to see CGI trailers for games years out. I want to see gameplay of games I can play in the next 12 months.

Also Gaf : WTF? No Avowed? Where's Inxile? Hellblade 2? State of Decay 3?, Wolfenstien 3?. FU MS, FU.

Stuart360

Gave it an 8. Too much filler, but the big showings (Starfield, Diablo 4) and the announcements (Persona, Kojima) made up for a lot of it. Show should have been half as long as it was, frankly, but overall I enjoyed it.
They took a big risk only showing games coming in the next 12 months, but i commend them for that.
Of course certain fanbases will downplay the show because of that, but at least Xbox owners know where they stand now for the next 12 months.

Oh and for me, they literally could of just shown that Starfield deep dive and it would of been enough for me lol.

supernova8

Banned
Sat through 80 mins of mostly hot piss garbage for No Man's Skyrim...

and it wasn't even impressive in the slightest.

Why Do I Do This To Myself Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Other points:

1 - lol at Kojima's "please be excited" moment.

2 - High On Life was the only game that made me think "oh wow looks actually next-gen and has character".

3 - Forza Motorsport is coming in Spring 2023 and yet it doesn't seem to (visually, at least) justify the extra year considering GT7 came out March 2022.

Last edited:
Top Bottom