• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Xbox & Bethesda Showcase 2022

Rate the Showcase (1 being the lowest score, 10 being the highest)

Votes: 23 2.3%

Votes: 32 3.2%

Votes: 76 7.7%

Votes: 76 7.7%

Votes: 113 11.4%

Votes: 144 14.6%

Votes: 187 18.9%

Votes: 190 19.2%

Votes: 75 7.6%

Votes: 58 5.9%

Votes: 15 1.5%

• Total voters

Desless1

Copied from my thread as I think you won the race;

x46z6y1mf8591.jpg

5/10

The good;
  • Silksong
  • Redfall
  • FM
  • FH5 DLC
  • Ravenlok
  • Wo Long
  • Diablo 4
  • Starfield
  • A Plague Tale Requiem
The bad;
  • They’re all 2023 apart from the FH5 DLC and A Plague Tale
The ugly;
  • Everything else
  • No Goldeneye or Banjo
That was one bloated show in my opinion. The quality and pacing was all over the place. A major step down from last year.

Let me know what you think. What were your highlights?
Same as post #3 unsecure?

LOL, this was a great show. Plenty for 2022 and early 2023, and while no Goldeneye or Banjo was disappointing…they’re making with the games.

What’s funny/sad is when Sony fanbois claimed Microsoft didn’t provide exclusive games in last year’s E3, Microsoft just gave us 50 of 90 minutes of exclusives…and now the goalposts are being moved again.

This was a great show. Not perfect, by any stretch, but it was easily an 8/10.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I liked a lot of what I saw. Everything coming to Game Pass in the next year makes that a pretty solid deal overall.

I'm not sure what I'm more hyped for, Starfield or Diablo IV.

Romulus

I thought it was fine. For as many studios and as long as this has taken it's about what I expected, maybe a bit less. For some of these games, I'm hesitant to wait for proper VR mods. RDR2 and Morrowind VR are really incredible.

Wohc

Banned
Would rate it a 8 for tons of day one Game Pass games + Diablo 4 + Starfield. But the Kojima game makes it a 9,5. Don't give a shit about him or his games, but the meltdown this is gonna cause is the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Strong C+

Starfield looked awesome. Persona 3 and 5 in 60 fps. Team Ninjer game will be great. Forza looked sick. Diablo 4 looks amazing.

Didn’t need 300 generic female lead shooters to pad out the time.

Reactions: Isa

Chiggs

Voted 7.

Negatives:
  • A lot of indie fillers that nobody will care about 12 months from now.
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Fallout 76 & Elder Scrolls Online
  • Redfall
  • 2022 looks pretty empty.

Positives:
  • Diablo 4 looks quite good.
  • Starfield is extremely ambitious.
  • Scorn looks quite unique.
  • Forza Motorsport + Horizon DLC are on point.
  • MS Flight Simulator Halo expansion looks fun.

Camreezie

Loads of content. Not known quantities though. Respect to them for only showing stuff targeting the next 12 months. Not a lot for me outside of Scorn but thats personal taste, lots of the series reveals were big deals for others

- Persona series
- Overwatch 2 F2P and release date
- Diablo 4 looked cool
- Riot games catalogue

Thought Redfall didnt look too great either. Lots of support for games that are already out too, I sure hope put of all these studios MS has a bunch are working on reviving some of the great IP they own. Improvement on last year but not blown away

6/10

sircaw

Banned
I think it was pretty poor, average at best.

5/10 if that.

When I think about the developers of red-fall and the wastage of those chaps on that game it makes me feel really sad, they could of being making another Dishonored instead of that multiplayer tripe. The quirps of the female character reminded me of Forsaken and not in a good way

I did think the plague game looked good.

Nice to see diablo 4 in there, one of my favorite games of all time, happy its on ps5

Starfield was ok, liked some of the enemies types bugs etc, was a bit thrown of by the first battle against the raiders when it was gunfire i saw heard, for some reason i was expecting laser pew pew dammit.

And can they not stop with the gamepass advertising, just fucking put it at the start of the video and remind everyone at the end with a list.

Sweet Jesus.

One thing i did like and i don't like those type of games normally, was seeing The spirit of Saint Louis, things like that, Spruce Goose etc are really cool additions.

Last edited:

tmlDan

I thought Starfield was the only one that looked really good, even that looked choppy. The combat was VERY poor but i loved the building of ships and the base and the flight looked heavy and realistic. Nothing else looked next gen, loads of okay indie games, and Redfall looked absolute garbage to me.

A solid 7 for me, lots of decent games but nothing wowed me.

killatopak

B+

Lots of stuff that I like and plan to play.

Downside is lots of stuff I don’t like to play.

I would rate it higher but most of the stuff I do plan to play all fall into 2023.

Reactions: Isa

DragonNCM

Steaming pile of a waste of time for the most part tbh. No big or "surprising" announcements at all. Nothing to hype about. Even starfield didn't impress me tbh. It's fallout in space with terrible performance (thanks Series S).
I hope that was captured on Series S......

Very average I'm afraid. Starfield is the obvious highlight, but the mix between heavy hitters Vs AA/Indies were too much skewed towards the latter. Too many games adopting the generic fortnight like cartoonist aesthetic is also disappointing.

MacReady13

God I’ll be THAT guy. Everything seems ok cause it’s ALL on Game Pass. Like really, is that all that matters? No matter how terrible the game so long as it’s on GP it’s all good?!

Anyway, where was Banjo? Goldeneye? Starfield looked good but 1000’s of planets totally explorable? So like No Man’s Sky worked? Not what I was expecting.

Every single other game looked boring to me. Another Lego add on for a horizon game? Ok, persona was nice and a new Kojima game is interesting but the rest was trash.

3/10

Sorry to keep going on about Game Pass but it seems like no matter what happens so long as they release it on Game Pass people are happy. Well fuck that- I’m not. They now have a great opportunity to release new games for old franchises yet we just see trash.

Robb

Gold Member
I’d rate it 8/10 overall, it could definitely have been better.

I think the show would have benefitted from being cut to 60min, there was a lot of stuff that could’ve been announced afterwards.

arvfab

Banned
Could've skipped everything between that Rick and Morty game and Starfield.

Very very underwhelming show. I think they managed to do worse than last year. Almost got me excited when Kojima was shown, only to be disappointed by the fact that his sexy face was everything we would see. Oh and cloud 🤮

A very generous 3/10

I feel like people would have Microsoft's head on a platter if it was all cinematic action games. I liked the variety I have seen here. I'm getting FPS, CO-OP stuff, RPGs, RTS, and even a CIV game in the future ?
Edit: Also a Rick and Morty esque game lol

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Everything there looked pretty good but i skimmed most of it, redfall looks like back 4 blood if it were actually good, i'm pumped af for forza, couldn't care that much about starfield (although it does look very good) and the silksong announcement, while cool, is kind of funny to me since that game feels like it'll NEVER come out. Plague's tale, eh i couldn't give a shit, looks too much like a sony game. Also persona announcements are epic and high on life looks pretty baller.
so yeah a solid 7.5 out of 10

Last edited:

CamHostage

To be fair to all the developers who participated, there was some good software and game additions in this show. I liked the Forza Horizon Hot Wheels DLC, Silksong of course, Plague Tale, Forza Motorsport looked pretty sharp (albeit still early? lots of popup and other issues), Scorn had some framerate problems but the gameplay seemed to come together finally, Flintlock and Minecraft Legends were okay, Benedict Fox is intriguing, Starfield of course...

As an Xbox show, though, with only 1 of the games (Forza) that Xbox gamers have been waiting for info on since 2020 (and even further back, if you're counting Everwild or Hellblade or Halo DLC,) and Bethesda otherwise dominating the event, and nothing releasing in 2022 (the Starfield/Redfall delays really left a hole in the slate), plus the Kojima announcement being just a sheepish "Hi, I'm over here now," it didn't feel like a great celebration of the platform.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
You mean the gamepass show?

Ok now being serious, they do not know how to make a show, lacked momentum. Everything was so random and monotonous!

It was bad! Once again people always fall for the Phil spencer hype!

LordCBH

4/10 for me. Why? Everything was 2023. Disblo, Starfield, and Forza carried. Persona ports are awesome cause more people can play them (finally!), but everything else looked like shit.

Sacred

Expect alot of trolls in here and obvious fanboy garbage. So much value in GP is the big takeaway. MS also still has a ton of cards up their sleeves, but I really want to see some of the big titles.

Diablo 4 looks so damn good, I am going to putting a ton of time into this, Starfield looks unbelievable, A Plague's Tale 2 is the sequel I wanted, Redfall looks really unique especially for an open world I'll be checking that out day 1. Several smaller games I can play with my daughter, so this conference was a big win for me, I really can't wait to see all the big first party titles, but they focused on the immediate future and I respect that.

ryzen1

I was expecting to see at least one new AAA surprise.
Instead, they showed 80 minutes of games that I'll probably never play anyway.

With Starfield, I don't know what to make of.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Gotta go with a B-. 80/100. Nearly a C+ but when you list it all, it's slightly above average.
  • Starfield looks like you could play that for a year straight.
  • Pentiment this year. I'm very interested. People are too down on narrative games like this. Citizen Sleeper is in my short list for GOTY this year.
  • Dusk Falls next month. Looks pretty interesting.
  • A new Team Ninja game on Gamepass. My favorite third party studio pretty much. And the art style looks awesome.
  • Plague Tale this year. Looks good.
  • Scorn this year. Looks good.
  • Cocoon looks extremely cool. 2023.
  • Diablo IV looks great. 2023.
  • Looks like they're confirming Somerville this year in the graphic. Looked good but we haven't seen a lot yet.
  • Atomic Heart, same as above.
  • Benedict Fox looked pretty great. 2023.
  • Flintlock looked decent. AA action game. 2023. Cautiously optimistic since it's a GP game, no harm to try it.
  • Forza H expansion looks neat. Not that huge of a deal, but it looks really good.
  • Redfall has single player so I'll at least try it. Really not my genre, but it looked ... fine.
  • Forza Motorspot didn't blow my mind, but looks good enough.
  • That comedy Rick and Morty game honestly looks fun. Something original. 2023.
  • Lots of other filler games that look decent at best, but I'll give it a shot.
  • Kojima partnership is exciting, but nothing to show obviously.
Not as good as their show last year, but they laid out a pretty decent bit of stuff to play.

Most of the first party studios are still completely absent, so I guess there's lots in the works still.

They did much better this year with avoiding CG trailers, so a small nod on that I guess.

Top Bottom