• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog made female characters less feminine to be trans friendly (No Spoilers)

DaMonsta

It's nonsense. You did, I literally quoted one such time to you.
No. That’s a strawman you want to fight. But nothing in my post generalized anyone.

And the idea that disagreeing with the artistic body choices of a game model means you are pandering to "white culture" is retarded. Are body dimensions "white culture" now?

Also, interesting how dedicated you are on turning this into a racial argument. Please go on about white culture in TLOU. This should be good
Go back and read the exchanges.

My response was to a guy literally complaining about black folks in the games.

What’s considered sexy or attractive is different based on culture.

Historically most of western media panders to what white males consider sexy or attractive. That’s how it’s been. And it’s ok for some artists to reject that.

Jbomb19

Gotta give credit to sausageroll. They really know how to write a BS story to push the reactionaries, homophobes & transphobes buttons to get them fired up and score clicks.

oh yeah they know exactly what they’re doing. And they fall for it, hook line and sinker.

DaMonsta

Normally I'd agree because even anti sjws reach. But Druckman is influenced by the head honcho of sjw-ism herself, Anita Sarkeesian, and he's shown slides of her show talking about it as much.

And I think, from what I heard, he's outright stated he has an agenda but maybe someone else can back me or correct me on that.

Besides I've seen enough devs on Twitter during the GG fiasco to see plenty of these people want to push their politics. A lot of it is sadly the result of that movement (and #metoo).
Every artist on earth pulls from their own views, and life experiences.

That’s all Niel Druckmann said. So if he has LGBT people in his life that he’d like to represent in his game, that’s fine.

Seems people only have a problem with “politics” in their games if they disagree with them.

GreenAlien

White males have culture. Lots of media panders to that culture.
As if there is a culture exclusive to white males. What a ridiculous thing to say. "white males" are from all over the place and part of a lot of very different cultures. Next you are going to tell us how white males are all rich, sexist and responsible for all the evil in the world. Check your racism.

Last edited:

chriskun

Ever notice how when the topic of trans inclusion/exclusion in media is discussed it's almost always in the direction of male to female transitioning?

That quote about trans women not being able to grow large breasts stood out to me. What about the female to male trans people in the post apocalypse who have naturally large breats and no doctor to perform their double mastectomy? No prescription hormones to alter their natural biology? In the post apocalypse, with sexuality and gender being second or third or not even registering on the scale of importance next to survival I think we'd actually as a whole probably look more like our biological sex than is being represented here. At least as far as physical features are concerned.

I think there are more "straight" men that fetishize male to female trans women than we could imagine. And that's why the conversation always seems to gravitate to that end of the spectrum. Some designers aren't sexualisizing women because internally they've sexualized trans women. And that's just as "bad."
You definitely would see a further bifurcation of the sexes, you see this in more primitive societies and in other species IN GENERAL. However, one of the methods by which women "feminize" themselves, makeup, would cease to exist.

oagboghi2

No. That’s a strawman you want to fight. But nothing in my post generalized anyone.
People other than white males learned how to deal with not being pandered to a long time ago. It’s life
Uh huh. No generalizations here.
Go back and read the exchanges.

My response was to a guy literally complaining about black folks in the games.

What’s considered sexy or attractive is different based on culture.

Historically most of western media panders to what white males consider sexy or attractive. That’s how it’s been. And it’s ok for some artists to reject that.
What is considered healthy and attractive is pretty consistent amongst all cultures buddy.

But you are right about one thing. It is okay for artists to rejections and it's okay for people to reject the artists choice. No one is saying ND can't do what they want, but you seem to be furious that people have to audacity to have their own preferences.

Must be that white culture you are so upset about.

Seems people only have a problem with “politics” in their games if they disagree with them
😂

Last edited:

That’s all Niel Druckmann said. So if he has LGBT people in his life that he’d like to represent in his game, that’s fine.

Seems people only have a problem with “politics” in their games if they disagree with them.

Nobody would care if Druckmann decided to make a new franchise exclusively featuring trans or whatever. What most fans of the series are upset over is taking an established franchise into a whole new direction, and then killing off its beloved characters for asinine reasons.

Stuart360

Or some people would rather have no politics or agendas in their games at all, as they use games for a bit of fun escapism from this shitty world.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
He added: “This is only true for trans people. A trans woman can’t naturally grow large breasts, and not all trans people can afford implants. If you see a game where the women are a little less curvy, it’s not to because the game designers are worried about receiving backlash for sexualising women, it’s because they are worried about offending the trans community.”

“From a design stand point, this is a really challenging problem. I’ve had many board meetings about how to tackle this. Trans people want ‘realistic’ representation in our games, but they feel excluded if they are represented as too masculine or too feminine. That’s why you will see a lot of designers ‘nerfing the female form’ so to speak so that the difference between trans women and cis women is a little less noticeable.”

:lollipop_confused:

FBNRRO9.gif

This entire quote is ridiculous. Trans women can and DO grow breasts without having to get implants. It comes down to hormone replacement therapy regimen and their genetics.

If the women in their family are usually flat-chested, they likely will be also. If the women in their family are busty, chances are they will be too. Take it from me...I'm quite happy with the changes hormone therapy alone brought me.

Any trans person who suffers actual gender dysphoria would only be triggered by these decisions. We WANT to look like non-transgender people. We WANT to look like anyone else...blending into the crowd of the gender we feel we are. Anything less makes most of us extremely uncomfortable much of the time.

It sounds like all the discord the developers dealt with are from the relatively new and fast-growing crowd of non-dysphoric trans people: People who believe gender is simply just a feeling and has no biological basis. These are the same people who are seemingly trying to change what it means to be "trans"...and are quickly kicking people out who are what used to be known as "transsexual."

Transexual people experience a gender identity that is inconsistent with their assigned sex, and desire to permanently transition to the sex or gender with which they identify, usually seeking medical assistance (including sex reassignment therapies, such as hormone replacement therapy and sex reassignment surgery) to help them align their body with their identified sex or gender.

This is very different from what the transgender community is slowly becoming. Transsexual people like myself are being kicked out of online trans communities by people who use made up genders and pronouns - People who don't have gender dysphoria at all (until they erroneously begin hormone therapy and make irreversible changes they come to regret.) Then they become angry anti-transgender detransitioners.

It's all incredibly stupid...and not only is it causing trouble for transsexuals and our ability to live fulfilling lives, it is disrupting videogames and media of all sorts. Everything is offensive to most of these people, and in an effort to change the world to their liking, they would see the world burn before seeing the errors of their ways.

Last edited:

DaMonsta

Uh huh. No generalizations here.
Maybe you should look up the definition of a generalization.

What is considered healthy and attractive is pretty consistent amongst all cultures buddy.
Nope. Not at all.

That’s you projecting your views on the rest I of the world.

But you are right about one thing. It is okay for artists to rejections and it's okay for people to reject the artists choice. No one is saying ND can't do what they want, but you seem to be furious that people have to audacity to have their own preferences.
Furious? Lol.

I’m not the one in here complaining about black folks and flat women in my games.

Must be that white culture you are so upset about.

😂
Upset? My post you quoted literally says I’m ok with all of it.

Don’t argue with stawmen. Argue with me or Stop quoting me.

DaMonsta

Nobody would care if Druckmann decided to make a new franchise exclusively featuring trans or whatever. What most fans of the series are upset over is taking an established franchise into a whole new direction, and then killing off its beloved characters for asinine reasons.
How’s it a “whole new direction”

Elle been gay since day one.

The story set out to analyze human emotions, intentions, and morals from the start.

Why are they worried about putting strong, non-sexualized role models for girls in a game that is obviously not intended for children to be playing?

Probably ties into trans Storytime, drag kids and the willingness to start young children on hormones. They love to push adult themes on kids for whatever twisted reason. Might as well let the kids look up to a zhis who skits throats and beats people to death with a golf club. Very stronk role model

DaMonsta

Or some people would rather have no politics or agendas in their games at all, as they use games for a bit of fun escapism from this shitty world.
If you are fan of TLOU then you are a fan of politics in your games.

If you have a problem with TLOU2 then you have a problem with politics you don’t agree with.

Which is fine. But quit making the false argument that Politics are not prevalent in media.

You just don’t notice them when they align with your own views.

Nero_PR

Banned
Where are the disabled people in games? Amputees? Burn Victims? The actual people that the body positivity movement is supposed to be about? You know, the people that actually make up a significant percentage of the general population instead of pandering to what everyone accepts as one of the loudest vocal (minuscule) minorities
You don't need to go even that far to know it's all just a fallacy for most of the time. I have on my left arm a huge scar that goes from my forearm until the beginning of my left hand. It took more than 40+ stitches to close the wound, and I used to cover it when a teenager because people would be judgmental of it. Others still give it the "looks" but I don't give a shit. I love to use sleeveless shirts. Deal with it :p. My left thumb is another mess from the accident, it took 23 stitches to put it in place.

oagboghi2

Maybe you should stop making wide generalizations about people you don't know.

Nope. Not at all.

That’s you projecting your views on the rest I of the world.
Hmm actually yes. The standards in beauty are pretty consistent anywhere you go.

But if not, please tell us where in the planet these beauty standards are so drastically different. Healthy body sizes, symmetrical facial features, generally wider hips than torso and a healthy bust size is pretty consistent everywhere on the planet.

Maybe there is somewhere where obesity and poor health is all the rage though.

Furious? Lol.

I’m not the one in here complaining about black folks and flat women in my games.
Instead you are complaining that people disagree with an artists choice...For multiple pages. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

you're totally not bothered as you spend over an hour defending poor ND's honor.

Don’t argue with stawmen. Argue with me or Stop quoting me.
I feel like I could say the same for you.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm really not sure how much I can trust this sausageroll site, but the game definitely does appear to star at least one extremely unfeminine person that we have to try pretty hard to assume is female.

Cactuarman

Banned
Hey a Sausageroll article! I guess at least a week passed...

Whenever there is an excuse to rail against the SJW agenda it doesn't matter what the quality of the article or outlet is.

I'm going to wait a few days and then post this one: The Last of Us 2 villains are reportedly homophobic Christians

And then this one: Troy Baker hints Joel has a dark past & possibly hurt women/girls in TLoU

SausageRoll is on fire this month with sensational TLoU articles.

As someone who wants creators to be able to tell stories they want to tell, I'm still waiting for a reason why I should care that Naughty Dog is making a game that deals with subject matter they want to explore.

Or this thread is just what it always is - an excuse to decry an "agenda" and make sure everyone else knows how ugly you think masculine women are. We get it.

DaMonsta

Maybe you should stop making wide generalizations about people you don't know.
Have not done that.
Hmm actually yes. The standards in beauty are pretty consistent anywhere you go.

But if not, please tell us where in the planet these beauty standards are so drastically different. Healthy body sizes, symmetrical facial features, generally wider hips than torso and a healthy bust size is pretty consistent everywhere on the planet.
Again. It’s historical/scientific fact that beauty standard vary.

I’m not even sure what else to tell you. It’s as true as the sky is blue.

Maybe there is somewhere where obesity and poor health is all the rage though.
Actually yeah. Plenty of cultures overtime would consider an “overweight” person sexy

Instead you are complaining that people disagree with an artists choice...For multiple pages. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I’m just engaging in the thread premise. That’s why we are here right?

you're totally not bothered as you spend over an hour defending poor ND's honor.
You bothered?

I feel like I could say the same for you.
Lol

If you are fan of TLOU then you are a fan of politics in your games.

If you have a problem with TLOU2 then you have a problem with politics you don’t agree with.

Which is fine. But quit making the false argument that Politics are not prevalent in media.

You just don’t notice them when they align with your own views.

This sounds like the "everything is political" argument that's gained traction the past few years. While that's true to an extent, the problem is that certain far-leftists use it as a means of implying media has always been political as how they define political propagation in media, which is a fringe viewpoint.

Most media is not inherently political, i.e actively trying to make some highly partisan political statement. In fact, the extent of politics in most media is either done through very subtle allegories, or as historical pieces. Additionally, it's usually in terms of universal concepts, i.e themes and ideas that can apply to virtually any group or culture.

Most "politics" in games deals with aspects of political theory that are "evergreen", i.e they aren't highly focused on a very specific segment in time, especially those defined through trends and fads. With the American political sphere more married to entertainment media than it's ever been, this makes the tendency of making media with overt political statements on very current "in-fashion" politics that much worst, because that media will age extremely quickly.

These far-leftists creators seem to think THAT is what constitutes as "everything is political", when that couldn't be further from the truth. Never mind that it is impossible to take certain nation-specific socio-political issues and push them as universal onto other nations where those same issues may not be present, or manifest in a very different way. Hence, again, why even if a lot of media has traditionally had some political elements in them, it's been with very general ideas and themes that can be easily interpreted by many different countries and cultures, and usually very subtlely as well AKA they don't let the politics get in the way of the story's natural progression.

If the leaks are true and they play out in the story in way that compromises the story's quality, ND would be guilty of making a very massive (and easily avoidable) mistake.

Definition of generalization (source: Yourdictionary)

"The definition of a generalization is a broad statement or idea that applies to a lot of people or situations."

Examples:

People complaining the women aren’t “sexy” enough based on the size of their tits or waist.

People other than white males learned how to deal with not being pandered to a long time ago.

Women just rolling out of bed and having a sexy body is an absolute rarity.

This is one is especially revelatory, because you claimed the usual criterion for sexiness wasn't exclusive.

White males have culture.

They do.
Just not the same one. Imagine thinking blue collar Americans from the Bible Belt fundamentally have the same culture as leftist academics rom Copenhagen, just because both happen to be white and male.

As I said, you have too many contradictions and discrepancies to sort out before anyone would be well-advised to take your arguments seriously.

Last edited:
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
That reads like complete & utter garbage. Don't think I believe a single word of it.

Ok, maybe I buy that bit about how Last of Us 2 is divisive within the studio. That seems believable. But the rest of it sets of my bullshit alarm.

Geki-D

Banned
Hey a Sausageroll article! I guess at least a week passed...
You know what's truly funny, though? Like, gut bustingly hilarious?; This thread's title is misleading, and clearly no one actually read the OP, because this whole "Naughty Dog made female characters less feminine to be trans friendly" isn't actually stated by the apparent ND leaker. Instead Sausageroll is quoting an unrelated "character designer" then guessing this might be the case for ND.

We spoke to a seasoned artist who has worked as a character designer for several AAA games and he admitted that “this is the new norm.”

That might explain exactly what happened to the cis female characters in The Last of Us Part II.

So yeah, not only are are Sausageroll building this article off of 4chan posts but IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo is playing the part of bullshit merchant by promoting a piece that pulls it's clickbait title out of nowhere.

Last edited:

DaMonsta

It.
Depends.
On.
Their.
Age.

"Looking good' is largely "looking like of that age".
Because, wait for it, evolution.
What I’m saying is that it takes a lot of diet and lifestyle choices in order to be “sexy”

Presumably people during the apocalypse wouldn’t be in a position to make those choices.

DaMonsta

Definition of generalization (source: Yourdictionary)

Examples:

This is one is especially revelatory, because you claimed the usual criterion for sexiness wasn't exclusive.

They do.
Just not the same one. Imagine thinking blue collar Americans from the Bible Belt fundamentally have the same culture as leftist academics rom Copenhagen, just because both happen to be white and male.

As I said, you have too many contradictions and discrepancies to sort out before anyone would be well-advised to take your arguments seriously.
In your examples I’m responding directly to people that made those arguments.

In this thread people complained about “strong black women”

They complained about women having flat chests and booties, and not having thin waists.

My comments were a direct response to those posts.

No generalizations. Only addressing actual comments that were made in here.

Grinchy

Banned
What I’m saying is that it takes a lot of diet and lifestyle choices in order to be “sexy”

Presumably people during the apocalypse wouldn’t be in a position to make those choices.
The person in this game most people are referring to didn't "roll out of bed" and look like She-Hulk either.

And there's really nothing inherently wrong with there being some muscular woman with a man's face and manly body running around in a world where survival is literally just for the fittest. It's just that the real reason for the inclusion of it feels so, "I am a freshman in college and now I know more than everyone because my humanities professor told me that science is wrong about everything and now I have to educate you."

In your examples I’m responding directly to people that made those arguments.

In this thread people complained about “strong black women”

They complained about women having flat chests and booties, and not having thin waists.

My comments were a direct response to those posts.

No generalizations. Only addressing actual comments that were made in here.

The quotes, which people can check for themselves via the provide links, are textbook examples of generalizations. They fit the provided definition exemplarily. You've been called out.

Of course, they're terrible generalizations, grounded in even worse implicit assumptions.

llien

I never said sexuality itself was a social construct. I said the way we express it is.
Had that been the case, we'd see major differences across cultures.

Not for people IN CERTAIN AGE.

I've heard similar stuff about people in the army.
And advised them to checkout how female soldiers look in Israel Defense Force.

Desire to look attractive could only be suppressed by stronger feelings, perhaps, like hunger.
Other than that, instincts win, even when they contradicts one's ideology:

retM6O4.png

If culture could force anyone want/like something, we wouldn't have gays.

Last edited:

DaMonsta

This sounds like the "everything is political" argument that's gained traction the past few years. While that's true to an extent, the problem is that certain far-leftists use it as a means of implying media has always been political as how they define political propagation in media, which is a fringe viewpoint.
I’m only taking about TLOU. The first game clearly explored political topics.

Most media is not inherently political, i.e actively trying to make some highly partisan political statement. In fact, the extent of politics in most media is either done through very subtle allegories, or as historical pieces. Additionally, it's usually in terms of universal concepts, i.e themes and ideas that can apply to virtually any group or culture.
Politics is pervasive, as they dictate pretty much all of our daily lives. People only complain about politics when a topic or statement they don’t resonate with is explored.

TLOU was called the “Citezen Kain of gaming”

No way you can argue the first game was devoid of politics.

Most "politics" in games deals with aspects of political theory that are "evergreen", i.e they aren't highly focused on a very specific segment in time, especially those defined through trends and fads. With the American political sphere more married to entertainment media than it's ever been, this makes the tendency of making media with overt political statements on very current "in-fashion" politics that much worst, because that media will age extremely quickly.
As I said above. Western media has pandered to a certain demographic since the beginning. And some artists have decided to purposely fight against that reality.

Nothing wrong with that.

Would be no reason to pander to LGBT if they weren’t being under/misrepresented in the first place.

These far-leftists creators seem to think THAT is what constitutes as "everything is political", when that couldn't be further from the truth. Never mind that it is impossible to take certain nation-specific socio-political issues and push them as universal onto other nations where those same issues may not be present, or manifest in a very different way. Hence, again, why even if a lot of media has traditionally had some political elements in them, it's been with very general ideas and themes that can be easily interpreted by many different countries and cultures, and usually very subtlely as well AKA they don't let the politics get in the way of the story's natural progression.

If the leaks are true and they play out in the story in way that compromises the story's quality, ND would be guilty of making a very massive (and easily avoidable) mistake.
Only reason you say the story is “compromised” is cause you don’t agree with the themes within it.

An LGBT story is just as valid as your everyday “white guys shoots brown faces and gets the girl” story.

DaMonsta

The quotes, which people can check for themselves via the provide links, are textbook examples of generalizations. They fit the provided definition exemplarily. You've been called out.

Of course, they're terrible generalizations, grounded in even worse implicit assumptions.
No. Not once did I say all of a certain demographic does or believes a thing.

All of my posts directly addressed posts made in this thread.

oagboghi2

Have not done that.
uh yeah you did.

Maybe you should look up the definition?

Again. It’s historical/scientific fact that beauty standard vary.

I’m not even sure what else to tell you. It’s as true as the sky is blue.
no they really don't. The metrics of what is considered beauty is pretty consistent across all cultures. I just named some of them.

Actually yeah. Plenty of cultures overtime would consider an “overweight” person sexy
than is should be easy for you to list the cultures who believe that say 400 lbs is attractive, or poor health is a sign of sexual prowess.

I mean, we are all different after all.

I'm just engaging in the thread premise. That’s why we are here right?
By your posts I think you are just here to yell at anyone who dare disagree with the almighty ND.

This is reaching.

Every since it was revealed Elle was lesbian people having been pushing this narrative that ND is trying to make political statements with the game.

If there was a zombie apocalypse there wouldn’t be much “sexuality” in the way were are used to seeing female characters in a game. We have been conditioned for our female characters to ooze sexuality. It makes sense that there shouldn’t be any characters like that in the game.

I think the people beating this “Naughty Dog SJW” drum are only exposing yourselves.

Ohhhh we are so exposed guys. How dare we point out Neil Druckmann has an agenda in his work....

Also 😂 at that female sexuality "oozing" missed that the first time

You bothered
Not as much as you, apparently

DaMonsta

The person in this game most people are referring to didn't "roll out of bed" and look like She-Hulk either.

And there's really nothing inherently wrong with there being some muscular woman with a man's face and manly body running around in a world where survival is literally just for the fittest. It's just that the real reason for the inclusion of it feels so, "I am a freshman in college and now I know more than everyone because my humanities professor told me that science is wrong about everything and now I have to educate you."
Sure she didn’t.

But the existence of a “she hulk” during an apocalypse is no less realistic than a sexy woman with big ass and tits and a small waist.

In fact I’d say the apocalypse would spawn more “she hulks” than “sexy”(in a western mainstream sense) women.

Kokoro2020

I can't lie, this actually kind of puts me off the game. That's how bad it is. I have The Last of US 1 in my backlog. Maybe I'll just play that. And I thought Mortal Kombat 11 was bad with the overly prudish outfits for most of the female characters. But this takes it to a new level. At least in MK11, some of the women has good faces, and they gave Sindel sexier outfits

This is reaching.

Every since it was revealed Elle was lesbian people having been pushing this narrative that ND is trying to make political statements with the game.

If there was a zombie apocalypse there wouldn’t be much “sexuality” in the way were are used to seeing female characters in a game. We have been conditioned for our female characters to ooze sexuality. It makes sense that there shouldn’t be any characters like that in the game.

I think the people beating this “Naughty Dog SJW” drum are only exposing yourselves.
WRONG..... Neil Druckman has already outed himself as a raving sjw. He has on multiple occasions.
I knew the moment Amy Henning (an older baby boomer aged lady ) who was one of the creators and geniuses behind uncharted and past nd games got outed (after she helped raise the studio to stardom) that shit was going down. I knew after playing Uncarthed 4 and how it felt different than all other uncharted games before hand that something was up.
Blood is on the hands of Druckman and he knows it and flaunts it. Imagine if a real woman (Henning) was still writing these games.

How can you deny what is clearly in your face what your eyes can see. How can you deny it?

Its not just nd either, its arkane studio (once a great studio but now inject politics everywhere… )
Bioware -- andromeda.
Obsidian - that game that came out last year, I forget the name but it was a shorter fallout style game with a bunch of bull cropped hair cuts and ugly faces for all the women... oh yes outer worlds.
Gone are the days of Morigan and Miranda, Casandra, Tifa, Lara, all to be replaced with "it's maam". Sorry but I don't like erasing beauty for insane ideology.

This isn't a new thing either. It has been going on for the last 8-6 years. Something happened around 2012/13 that unleashed the floodgates of bs.
Nothings been the same since. Polarization, bullshit arguing, lies about people all to push insane agenda and politics.

Frankly I am sick of it. I want it to go back to the way it was. The only bastion of non ideological gaming is coming from Japan and East Europe, but for how long. Maybe Russia, India, or the Philippians can start a game making resurgence and push out the west in gaming. Its sad that I am not rooting for my own country (on this front).

DaMonsta

uh yeah you did.

Maybe you should look up the definition?

no they really don't. The metrics of what is considered beauty is pretty consistent across all cultures. I just named some of them.
No. You are absolutely wrong here. Hell what’s considered “sexy” today is way different than what would have been considered “sexy” just 10 year ago in the western world.

It’s asinine to say beauty standards are consistent over time and cultures.

than is should be easy for you to list the cultures who believe that say 400 lbs is attractive, or poor health is a sign of sexual prowess.
Not up to me to educate you. It’s just a google away.

I mean, we are all different after all.
Absolutely

By your posts I think you are just here to yell at anyone who dare disagree with the almighty ND.
I didn’t yell at anyone. I’m just speaking on the premise as set by the op and subsequent comments.

Ohhhh we are so exposed guys. How dare we point out Neil Druckmann has an agenda in his work....

Also 😂 at that female sexuality "oozing" missed that the first time
He had an “agenda” from the jump.

You guys just realized that agenda doesn’t mesh with your own.

Not as much as you, apparently
I feel good. Hope you do to. This is just an online debate. No big deal

DaMonsta

WRONG..... Neil Druckman has already outed himself as a raving sjw. He has on multiple occasions.
Where did he do this?
I knew the moment Amy Henning (an older baby boomer aged lady ) who was one of the creators and geniuses behind uncharted and past nd games got outed (after she helped raise the studio to stardom) that shit was going down. I knew after playing Uncarthed 4 and how it felt different than all other uncharted games before hand that something was up.
Blood is on the hands of Druckman and he knows it and flaunts it. Imagine if a real woman (Henning) was still writing these games.
Lol where are her “real women” games right now?

How can you deny what is clearly in your face what your eyes can see. How can you deny it?

Its not just nd either, its arkane studio (once a great studio but now inject politics everywhere… )
Bioware -- andromeda.
Obsidian - that game that came out last year, I forget the name but it was a shorter fallout style game with a bunch of bull cropped hair cuts and ugly faces for all the women... oh yes outer worlds.
Gone are the days of Morigan and Miranda, Casandra, Tifa, Lara, all to be replaced with "it's maam". Sorry but I don't like erasing beauty for insane ideology.

This isn't a new thing either. It has been going on for the last 8-6 years. Something happened around 2012/13 that unleashed the floodgates of bs.
Nothings been the same since. Polarization, bullshit arguing, lies about people all to push insane agenda and politics.

Frankly I am sick of it. I want it to go back to the way it was. The only bastion of non ideological gaming is coming from Japan and East Europe, but for how long. Maybe Russia, India, or the Philippians can start a game making resurgence and push out the west in gaming. Its sad that I am not rooting for my own country (on this front).

Like I said above. Your security in games was based on the fact that your demographic has been pandered to since the jump.

It’s ok and even a good thing that some artist are trying to change that.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
"sausageroll" dot cum

Also, people always talk about Neil Druckman as the director of TLoU and U4 but you are forgetting Bruce Straley who is not longer in ND and was involved as game director in Uncharted 2, TLoU, Uncharted 4 and in TLoU2 but left ND in 2017, so he left mid development. Honestly, whenever you heard Neil talk you would hear shit about story and intentions and feelings and whatnot, but when you hear Bruce talk he would always talk about gameplay design. I have 0 faith in Neil as a game Director, he seems to just be riding the wave there, luckly it seems like the gameplay design was already done for TLoU2 when Bruce left.

iu

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Damn looks 🔥🔥

oagboghi2

PP-2014-06-12-polarization-0-01.png

Political polarization happened. Everyone lives in an echo chamber now.

The most realistic thing in that sausageroll article is the idea that people are afraid to voice objections. You would be stupid to.

Damn looks 🔥🔥
He is the only reason why I'm sure the actual game is fun

Last edited:
I’m only taking about TLOU. The first game clearly explored political topics.

Politics is pervasive, as they dictate pretty much all of our daily lives. People only complain about politics when a topic or statement they don’t resonate with is explored.

Another generalization.
You're like a generalisation vending machine.

TLOU was called the “Citezen Kain of gaming”

No way you can argue the first game was devoid of politics.

As I said above. Western media has pandered to a certain demographic since the beginning. And some artists have decided to purposely fight against that reality.

Nothing wrong with that.

Would be no reason to pander to LGBT if they weren’t being under/misrepresented in the first place.

First of all, the concept of Representation is intellectual fraud.
Secondly, of course, that statement contains a blatant contradiction. First you tried to soften the blow by saying pandering isn't a problem. Now you're trying to claim the need for correction exists. Which is it then?

Misrepresentation directly implies the existence of a problem.

But If there's no problem, there's no need for correction., right?

Mate, please, sort out your thinking.

Only reason you say the story is “compromised” is cause you don’t agree with the themes within it.

An LGBT story is just as valid as your everyday “white guys shoots brown faces and gets the girl” story.

Valid is a strange adjective to use in this context. Of course it's as legitimate as any other story. Neil has the right and the means to talk about whatever he wants in his games. People have the right to criticize him and not all criticism can be boiled down to "white straight males wanting ND to keep pandering to them."

This is especially true in light of Neil himself being a white straight male!
Oh, the irony!

Last edited:
Top Bottom