• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog made female characters less feminine to be trans friendly (No Spoilers)

Wasnt Nadine trained military wise etc? Nathan and his bro were just you average guys. Thats like going up against a woman trained in UFC fighting your average joe. Other than the guy having maybe more weight on him its possible she could clown hos ass because she has training to fight that way and better. Now if a giy was trained as well totally different story.
Now this is what i like. Reasons brought in that made me look into wiki instead of just ''how dare you attack my personal beliefs and values regardless of your justification''.

Here is an excerpt.

''She is an accomplished and effective martial artist who excels in hand to hand combat, easily being able to hold her own against both Nate and Sam at once, both of whom are significantly bulkier than her in appearance. However, in the final battle of The Lost Legacy and during the game, she is nearly overpowered by Asav, the main villain of the game. ''

''A life full of war and confrontation has led to Nadine becoming a very strong and capable woman and military figure. Nadine is also a very tough fighter and is able to comfortably hold her own in a number of different confrontations.''

I do agree with your statement and ready to give Nadine benefit of a doubt but then again, i wouldnt count out Nathan and his bro as average joes either.

Last edited:

Sota4077

This is reaching.

Every since it was revealed Elle was lesbian people having been pushing this narrative that ND is trying to make political statements with the game.

If there was a zombie apocalypse there wouldn’t be much “sexuality” in the way were are used to seeing female characters in a game. We have been conditioned for our female characters to ooze sexuality. It makes sense that there shouldn’t be any characters like that in the game.

I think the people beating this “Naughty Dog SJW” drum are only exposing yourselves.

I will say right up front that I am pretty god damned liberal politically when it comes to social issues. That being said to deny that Naughty Dog are leaning into "social justice issues" awfully disingenuous. You cannot look at the glaring differences between the first game and the second and say that social issues are not present where they weren't before. They took story from the first game and turned it into a story woven into a pretty openly political message. They've essentially shoehorned the major political issues for the LGBTQ community into one game. I will still play the game eventually I am sure, but all I am saying here is that to say they're not doing what they are obviously doing is just disingenuous. That is not to say this will be a bad game or anything. But the game this time around is quite political and it is speaking to a very marginalized group of folks moreso than anyone else.

I seriously doubt this. It's obvious female characters have become more masculine in games like TLoU because they want strong, non-sexualized role models for girls. In this case they've gone overboard with Abbey looking more like a man. It fits the current "progressive" ideology. I don't think that has anything to do specifically with trans people though.

This is reaching.

Every since it was revealed Elle was lesbian people having been pushing this narrative that ND is trying to make political statements with the game.
Neil Druckmann doesn't hide that fact that he's pushing his personal political beliefs. He said so himself, why would this be any different for the other games he's involved with?
56VgTfX.jpg

Wasnt Nadine trained military wise etc? Nathan and his bro were just you average guys. Thats like going up against a woman trained in UFC fighting your average joe. Other than the guy having maybe more weight on him its possible she could clown hos ass because she has training to fight that way and better. Now if a giy was trained as well totally different story.
Because Nathan is an inexperienced hobo of the street, right? Indiana Jones fought off the Wehrmacht without military training, he's strong because he experienced lots of shit, the same is true for Nathan... Nathan was made into a buffoon who didn't know what to do against the almighty woman... and it was made worse by the fact that you could kick Nadine's ass before a cutscene started where she made Nathan look helpless.

It was so forced down your throat that it was unpleasant to watch and made no sense...

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned
None of it is realistic. Dude jumps out of exploding trains, fights spirits and gets shot 2000 times per adventure. But the one thing that sticks out as unrealistic to you is a strong black woman. Lol

The point is Nadine was put there specifically to play the role of a strong black woman, it felt forced and contrived coming from an all white development team. I have no idea why people like you constantly seek validation from white people while simultaneously claiming that they are the source of all that’s wrong with the entertainment industry.

Pejo

Now this is what i like. Reasons brought in that made me look into wiki instead of just ''how dare you attack my personal beliefs and values regardless of your justification''.

Here is an excerpt.

''She is an accomplished and effective martial artist who excels in hand to hand combat, easily being able to hold her own against both Nate and Sam at once, both of whom are significantly bulkier than her in appearance. However, in the final battle of The Lost Legacy and during the game, she is nearly overpowered by Asav, the main villain of the game. ''

''A life full of war and confrontation has led to Nadine becoming a very strong and capable woman and military figure. Nadine is also a very tough fighter and is able to comfortably hold her own in a number of different confrontations.''

I do agree with your statement and ready to give Nadine benefit of a doubt but then again, i wouldnt count out Nathan and his bro as average joes either.
Her being a trained martial artist is one thing, but if you played the game you know that the 1v2 ass kicking scene was pure pandering to the left. The whole thing is just so blatant and out of place. It was made purely with the mindset of "let's have this womyn get back at these evil white dudes for a minute"

DaMonsta

There's a video making the rounds where Neil proclaims exactly that. His own words aren't enough for, is that it?

It's his game. He has every right to direct it as he sees fit. If he wants to turn the IP into a vehicle for promoting his worldview, so be it. But others also have the right to find it wonderful, distasteful or anything in between.
What interview are you talking about?

Sexuality is not under full rational control and in fact, it could be argued, the market for traditional signs of femininity, which communicate fertility, would be just as big, if not bigger.
Sure their would be some “apocalypse” sexuality.

But it wouldn’t in the same sense as we expect now.

Women spend lots of time energy, and money to be “sexy” in a modern sense. They would not have that time, energy, or money in a apocalypse setting.

Evolutionary pressures play out over extended periods of time. Not overnight.

Evidence is needed for the assertion sexuality is a social construct
I never said sexuality itself was a social construct. I said the way we express it is.

Who knows? maybe in the apocalypse “sexy” is a woman who’s spread mud all over her face

As what? Exposing themselves as what?
Don't be shy. Spell it out.
A snowflake.

Teslerum

Here is an excerpt.

I was ready too. Then the Nadine fights (In the maingame at least, haven't played DLC) weren't actually about beating people with any form of martial arts. No, she overpowered Drake and Sully physically. And that's the one thing that is bad.

Get the drop on Drake, great. Use weapons, great. Avoid punches and hit them where it counts, great. Grappling, great.

But going victorious against a well trained male by strength alone? Bullshit.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
"Need to (,,,) start telling the fringe loons to STFU".

Yes, you're very tolerant and democratic. You clearly don't belong to any authoritarian fringe.

Shushing idiots who shout "fire" in crowded theaters is pro-social, as is calling for censure of types that sow discord and conflict for their own gain or entertainment.

There was nothing intolerant or undemocratic about what I wrote, it was a call to the masses caught between the twin poles of ideological madness on the far left-and-right wings to make their voices heard and try and restore sanity, civility and decorum to public discourse.

That being in fact, explicitly pro-democracy and moderate in political character.

That you failed to recognize that stands as evidence as to why your opinion on political matters is worthless.

Her being a trained martial artist is one thing, but if you played the game you know that the 1v2 ass kicking scene was pure pandering to the left. The whole thing is just so blatant and out of place. It was made purely with the mindset of "let's have this womyn get back at these evil white dudes for a minute"
And im sure tlou2 will be full of it.. full. I mean at one era we had rockstar with gta doing all kinds of unchartred dares that provoked media yet universally accepted and then theres New naughty dog that im sure will do something similar, only this time pandering to the anomalies.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Right but when a small dude beats a big dude, then it’s ok because reasons. Fuck outta here.

Drake beating multiple trained soldiers makes sense though!!!!

Kills a 700 people in one game? Well of course man!

Last edited:

DaMonsta

You'd be surprised that beauty is in the eye of the beholder; every person that gets out of bed is beautiful
I don't see a big person and think "Man that's so disgusting and fat," I see "DAMN THAT THICC! ROCK THAT SHIT!"
Sure but that ain’t what we are talking about here.

People complaining the women aren’t “sexy” enough based on the size of their tits or waist. And a very mainstream view of beauty

Shit one of my best friends is into thicc thicc girls; I myself am into thicc girls. I want a girl who eats, and I can cook for, and will make sure my kids are fed, and will fuck some shit up if something threatens any of us physically.
No argument from me here. I like em thick too

Would you be shocked that I've dated girls who are sticks as well? Would you be shocked that my buddy who's into petite women is currently shacked up with a chick with a phat ass?
No, not at all but where are we going with this?

It speaks to how you think if you see someone as "Ugly," or "Not as palatable to that persons ideals," when they roll out of bed. If you wanted to be office friendly, and cuddly and nice, you would say something like "Oh, I know that person is attractive, just not my type of attractive"
Maybe you misunderstood my point.

I’m saying the modern mainstream view of what we consider “sexy” takes a lot of time and resources that an apocalypse survivor would not have.

Yes, that is how marketing works, by appealing to your senses and what you like. It makes the product appealing.
As a species, our main existence is to perpetuate our species.
And I would argue it's intolerant of you to be against them pandering to my sexuality; it's something I want.
Plenty of people in the world. Everything doesn’t have to pander to you.

It’s fine then to say that product is not for you.

But to present it as the creators are wrong for doing the pandering shows a lack of self awareness.

People other than white males learned how to deal with not being pandered to a long time ago. It’s life

What if I told you that I don't work in video games, but my work often has me make decisions that pander to people?
I AM YOUR DEVIL!
source.gif
I guess. But that’s up to you. You wanna demonize ND for who they chose to pander to, then I guess you’re the devil too.

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Neil Druckmann doesn't hide that fact that he's pushing his personal political beliefs. He said so himself, why would this be any different for the other games he's involved with?
56VgTfX.jpg

Because Nathan is an inexperienced hobo of the street, right? Indiana Jones fought off the Wehrmacht without military training, he's strong because he experienced lots of shit, the same is true for Nathan... Nathan was made into a buffoon who didn't know what to do against the almighty woman... and it was made worse by the fact that you could kick Nadine's ass before a cutscene started where she made Nathan look helpless.

It was so forced down your throat that it was unpleasant to watch and made no sense...
That was how Indiana Jones wanted to tell their story, uncharted didnt. She is military trained as stated above, Nate while a cut above the others still doesnt have training compared to her. In all honesty thst would be like you going up against Amanda Nunes. I assume your an average joe as well and I wouldnt have a doubt in my mind she would have her way with you because she has training and is an accomplished fighter

Last edited:

DaMonsta

I will say right up front that I am pretty god damned liberal politically when it comes to social issues. That being said to deny that Naughty Dog are leaning into "social justice issues" awfully disingenuous. You cannot look at the glaring differences between the first game and the second and say that social issues are not present where they weren't before. They took story from the first game and turned it into a story woven into a pretty openly political message. They've essentially shoehorned the major political issues for the LGBTQ community into one game. I will still play the game eventually I am sure, but all I am saying here is that to say they're not doing what they are obviously doing is just disingenuous. That is not to say this will be a bad game or anything. But the game this time around is quite political and it is speaking to a very marginalized group of folks moreso than anyone else.
The games entire premise is how does normal society deal with surviving an apocalypse event. How do we move on socially? What happens to our morals? Ect.

It’s political in nature. That’s the whole point of the game. It’s most of the reason the first game got such praise for its story.

TLOU2 is just a continuation of that.

Last edited:

Keihart

"sausageroll" dot cum

Also, people always talk about Neil Druckman as the director of TLoU and U4 but you are forgetting Bruce Straley who is not longer in ND and was involved as game director in Uncharted 2, TLoU, Uncharted 4 and in TLoU2 but left ND in 2017, so he left mid development. Honestly, whenever you heard Neil talk you would hear shit about story and intentions and feelings and whatnot, but when you hear Bruce talk he would always talk about gameplay design. I have 0 faith in Neil as a game Director, he seems to just be riding the wave there, luckly it seems like the gameplay design was already done for TLoU2 when Bruce left.

iu

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Here is an excerpt.

Thanks for the good convo and debate. She deff if a cut above my only gripe probably was that thought she was trained I DOUBT she could take both at the same time, I kind of wish during the fight they somehow separated it via set pieces randomly and you play as both Nate or Sam but separelty in different places, and only meet together near the end when the fight is over.

Now it begs to question for TLOU, that Nadine is trained and is a brutal mother fucker. The world of the last of us is very different where all people regardless male or female have to adapt and be strong due to sure will and survival because thats the world they live in. I wouldnt doubt where if something like that happened in our own world obviously we will have strong and brute men but it wouldnt suprise me if women evolved as well to the extent where they could hold their own a little.

What interview are you talking about?

It's a snippet of a presentation of his. You can also take a look at some of his tweets. Both are quite explicit.

Sure their would be some “apocalypse” sexuality.

But it wouldn’t in the same sense as we expect now.

Why?

Women spend lots of time energy, and money to be “sexy” in a modern sense. They would not have that time, energy, or money in a apocalypse setting.

Then you just run into the problem of women having time to body build.

I never said sexuality itself was a social construct. I said the way we express it is.

That's what a social construct is, according to people who use the term. Expression must be congruent with content. Expression is a social construct, according to them.

I'd like to know why sexual selection, one of the driving forces of natural selection over thousands of years, would suddenly stop working overnight. Remember, sexual selection is what has males preferring certain waist -to-hip ratios and so forth.

Who knows? maybe in the apocalypse “sexy” is a woman who’s spread mud all over her face

Evolutionary pressures don't happen overnight.

Shushing idiots who shout "fire" in crowded theaters is pro-social,

Another authoritarian argument.

as is calling for censure of types that sow discord and conflict for their own gain or entertainment.

Another authoritarian argument.

There was nothing intolerant or undemocratic about what I wrote,

The authoritarians usually say as much.

it was a call to the masses caught between the twin poles of ideological madness on the far left-and-right wings to make their voices heard and try and restore sanity, civility and decorum to public discourse.

A call for voices to be STFUed doesn't sound like that to me.

You must know very little about the masses to entertain the possibility such appeal will even work. What works, but not always, is to show why they're wrong. They're wrong because of x, y and z. Not because they're radical, or fringe, or mainstream.

That being in fact, explicitly pro-democracy and moderate in political character.

No, not really. Democracy accommodates fringe voices, radical voices.

Radical voices aren't automatically wrong. Mainstream voices aren't necessarily right. And vice-versa.

That you failed to recognize that stands as evidence as to why your opinion on political matters is worthless.

Self-serving vapid blabber.

Teslerum

That was how Indiana Jones wanted to tell their story, uncharted didnt. She is military trained as stated above, Nate while a cut above the others still doesnt have training compared to her. In all honesty thst would be like you going up against Amanda Nunes. I assume your an average joe as well and I wouldnt have a doubt in my mind if she had her way with you because she has training and is an accomplished fighter

Training is useless if you are in a purely strength related confrontation. Which happened in Uncharted 4 far too often. That's why you can't mix sports in the real world and you have proffessional women players losing to teenagers. Not because they can't outplay them, but because the skill gap isn't high enough to take care of the pure physical differences.

Also what? Uncharted very much wanted to invoke Indiana Jones with Uncharted, she mentioned as much.

Yeah, well sure. I was sort of feeling I was getting the message that the kind of movies I wanted to make, my dream would be to make things like Indiana Jones and Star Wars. Right? But it was sort of like, oh no, you got to ratchet that back; dream smaller, you're not going to end up making that, especially as a woman. I got that message. This is in the '80s. And I saw this sort of sea of opportunity where all the rules weren't written both in terms of kind of gender hierarchy, but also just even the language of interactivity.

So the early days of games was reminding me of all the stuff I was learning and sort of film history and theory about the Lumière brothers and, you know, early, early film and George Méliès. And I felt like, here's all these people that were trying to figure it out, and that's where games were. So I kind of abandoned this other idea, and then the irony of course is I end up making games like Indiana Jones and Star Wars. I guess the universe points the direction you're supposed to go.

This may not apply to Uncharted 4, but Uncharted ISN'T Druckmanns baby.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
Thanks for the good convo and debate. She deff if a cut above my only gripe probably was that thought she was trained I DOUBT she could take both at the same time, I kind of wish during the fight they somehow separated it via set pieces randomly and you play as both Nate or Sam but separelty in different places, and only meet together near the end when the fight is over.

Now it begs to question for TLOU, that Nadine is trained and is a brutal mother fucker. The world of the last of us is very different where all people regardless male or female have to adapt and be strong due to sure will and survival because thats the world they live in. I wouldnt doubt where if something like that happened in our own world obviously we will have strong and brute men but it wouldnt suprise me if women evolved as well to the extent where they could hold their own a little.

Everyone would become weak, sick & thin. How do I know this? Well jeez, something something every single war & societal upheaval in history. The era of "godmen" with super-physiques is during peacetime & the early years of conflict. What we see in The Last of Us 2 is basic pandering 1.01 whereby a small, selective group of very vocal people get their wished fulfilled to the detriment of realism. We've never seen brutish super-warrior women during apocalyptic scenarios, not even in WW2 when the Soviets sent girls to fight. They weren't manly, they weren't even that special. They fought & often died horrible deaths.

Druckmann's "gritty realistic" Last of Us appears more like politically motivated fantasy with a smattering of gore porn just for good measure in order to make it edgy.

TheStruggler

Training is useless if you are in a purely strength related confrontation. Which happened in Uncharted 4 far too often. That's why you can't mix sports in the real world and you have proffessional women players losing to teenagers. Not because they can't outplay them, but because the skill gap isn't high enough to take care of the pure physical differences.

Also what? Uncharted very much wanted to invoke Indiana Jones with Uncharted, she mentioned as much.

This may not apply to Uncharted 4, but Uncharted ISN'T Druckmanns baby.
Fighting isnt always about strength at all. I used to be a boxer and fighting and being confrontational with fighting has more to do with timing, patience, openings etc. Again she was trained and he wasnt, if you went up against Amands Nunes and your average I guarantee you'll get bodied. Maybe Naughty Dog needs to tweak their fighting engine then and allow for timing and precision, granted they did add a doge button in this new game.
If strength was everything then Uncharted 3 would have ended quickly when Nate went up against this guy in the beginning.
byunghwa-jung-brute.jpg

"Precision beats power & timing beats speed" - Conor Mcgregor.

Last edited:

DaMonsta

It's a snippet of a presentation of his. You can also take a look at some of his tweets. Both are quite explicit.
His tweet doesn’t say he’s trying to pander to trans people. Where does he say that?
Because makeup and Ass implants would be hard to come by.

Then you just run into the problem of women having time to body build.
Don’t know about that. With food scarce and stress high both men and women would probably be thin and sick looking compared to the average modern human.

That's what a social construct is, according to people who use the term. Expression must be congruent with content. Expression is a social construct, according to them.
Well argue with those people, not me

I'd like to know why sexual selection, one of the driving forces of natural selection over thousands of years, would suddenly stop working overnight. Remember, sexual selection is what has males preferring certain waist -to-hip ratios and so forth.
I never said that. Please stop with the strawmen and making argument for me.

Reply to the words I actually said or we can just move on.

Evolutionary pressures don't happen overnight.
Again never said they would.

Where is the representation for those with acid reflux disease or occasional heartburn? Is it even a thing that trans people have gotten mad cause a female character had hips and boobs? They think they're female anyways and go out of their way to look feminine anyways. So a trans person is playing a game like.."hey I can't afford boobs😢" Why not be sensitive to people that don't know how to use a firearm and take out the guns.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Many artist do this. Look at Stan Lee's creations. He touched on a lot of political topics.

Jtibh

Banned
I hope this game ends up in wokeness hell like all the hollywood woke go broke shit movies from ghostbusters to ocean 8 to terminator etc.

I keep telling you guys this games idelologies are soo forced on us its unreal.

Imagine you are on news silence on this game and you pay your 60 bucks not knowing whats comming and you are from a country where these views the game represents are against your culture.
Now what , you either go blind or throw your console out the window.

I love how the left is always about tollerance and inclusivity but never accepts others views or opinions calls them homophobes and racists but never dares to speak out about women abuse and oppression in muslim cultures and in most parts of africa, never talks about child labour i could go on.

I loved that story where someone put up fliyers all over the city saying the quran is right about women. Their heads melted cuz that statement is either against women rights or against muslims.

I miss the days when western culture was about sexy butts in commercials junk food everywhere awesome music , die hard movies etc.
Now its all about every show and movie has a check list , has to have gays lesbians either as a couple or if not the child has to be gay or trans looking a good girls tv show here, has to have interracial couple , white hetero couple either hitting eachother or cheating or just bat shit crazy, and my favorite thats in every show and movie the last couple years is either fuck trump and republicans or the most commonly used is WHITE PRIVILEGE.

I cancelled my cable for years now cuz of this and only stream what i like. Only watch movies i like but i never had to think about any of this in games.

The left lost its influence in the tv movie media with ricky and chapelle showing them what the public thinks of their shit .
Now they try one more time and infiltrate the gaming industry.

I expect a lot of this in the new upcoming gen you watch.

What the left doesnt understand its all about ballance. We are not against gays or trans.
I love freddy mercury to me he is the greatest artist of all time next to michael jackson.
I love elton john , pet shop boys you name it.
Never ever though anyone of them in a bad way or pfuu gays i wont listen to them etc.
But we had content for everyone. Now its only left woke shit.

Ballance. Its all about ballance.

zkorejo

What has gotten into ND... why do everything has to be so complicated these days. Why cant they just focus on making actually a GOOD game and not worry about stupid stuff that majority doesnt give a shit about? This obsession with this shit will be NDs downfall.

Teslerum

Fighting isnt always about strength at all.

Yeah, gonna stop you right there.

1. You're right
2. Isn't what I said (In fact I even mentioned that in my second sentence with female players/athletes being able to technically outplay males, but there still being the physical difference).
3. Isn't what happens in Uncharted 4. (She actually overpowers Drake physically without dodging or precise hits. Which is my problem)

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I alway ask is it a he or she or it

I want to know what their goal is here, if they are trying to “represent”... well, what immutable characteristic are your trying to portray? Politically speaking.

Women can’t be attractive and men are weak? That’s not a very realistic world view, no matter how your “personal politics” come into play. That is your own clown world, all in your head.

Last edited:
His tweet doesn’t say he’s trying to pander to trans people. Where does he say that?

Because makeup and Ass implants would be hard to come by.

Don’t know about that. With food scarce and stress high both men and women would probably be thin and sick looking compared to the average modern human.

Well argue with those people, not me

I never said that. Please stop with the strawmen and making argument for me.

Reply to the words I actually said or we can just move on.

Again never said they would.

Pleas deal with your contradictions first.

You're playing the game of "core pressures don't change, but expression will". Well, what do you know, expression is the manifestation of core pressures. Please show how, core pressures remaining the same, expression would do a U-turn and favour buff women.

(incidentally, I don't even think that's the argument TLoU2 makes. It's your argument, though)

Till then.

Honey Bunny

That and the general trend of rejecting idealized representations of women are hard to distinguish from eachother. It's probably both.

The Alien

Banned
One of the more oddly telling examples of...wherever Naughty Dog was heading with this was a comparison picture I had seen.

There was a picture of Ellie's love interest that compared in game models to the actual actress. For the game, they greatly reduced her breast size, squared her shoulders, and made her face less feminine.

It was odd that they essentially made these calculated changes.

GHG

Gold Member
Oh please, go the fucking gym and see. Check out a crossfit competition, etc

Women can be very muscular. These fucking snowflakes gets so triggered at the sight of physical strength in a woman, it's pathetic. You would think ND had modeled a woman after Dwayne Jonhson or something.

And if that's somehow the norm now, and "women no longer look like women" in games, put up or shut up. "Oh it's the norm now" Oh is it? Where?

Most of the women that do crossfit in my gym are hotties, not the monstrosity seen below:

Going through hormone therapy is never easy. But after completing this enormous change Nora became successfull tv star Norman Reedus.
6eSx7YB.png

Like what the fuck even is that?

TheStruggler

Yeah, gonna stop you right there.

1. You're right
2. Isn't what I said (In fact I even mentioned that in my second sentence with female players/athletes being able to technically outplay males, but there still being the physical difference).
3. Isn't what happens in Uncharted 4. (She actually overpowers Drake physically without dodging or precise hits. Which is my problem)

Did you even read my posts?
Havent watched the second fight yet but the first one for her end its all about dodging and timing and precision when she fights him in the library. She counters the hell out of him

She also catches him off guard with a hit to the nose in the beginning as well

Jtibh

Banned
I want to know what their goal is here, if they are trying to “represent”... well, what immutable characteristic are your trying to portray? Politically speaking.

Women can’t be attractive and men are weak? That’s not a very realistic world view, no matter how your “personal politics” come into play. That is your own clown world, all in your head.
Read my post above. This is how i see it.

I can debate about this topic forever and one of my favorite guys who asks the hard questions and puts these wimps on the spot is Jesse lee peterson.

DaMonsta

Pleas deal with your contradictions first.

You're playing the game of "core pressures don't change, but expression will". Well, what do you know, expression is the manifestation of core pressures. Please show how, core pressures remaining the same, expression would do a U-turn and favour buff women.
Beauty and sexuality standards vary based on culture and societal pressures.

That’s held true since the beginning of time.

Hell big tits and ass being “sexy” is a relatively new concept.

So I’m not even sure what you are trying to argue here.

(incidentally, I don't even think that's the argument TLoU2 makes. It's your argument, though)

Till then.
No, I never made that argument, but that’s the strawman you can’t walk away from so.....until then......

Top Bottom