• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Eyebrow raised at this part of your apologetic.

Let’s have a look:

Mmm.

Yeah that looks like fun, my bad. But is that ban worthy? I cherry picked that one as I didn't really see anything else that was so bad in his 2 pages of his post history I looked at. Of course I don't want to pretend to be a mod or know better but after I'm left scratching my own head for similar shit, adjusting how I post and then seeing a a few others in similar ban boats I'm wondering why? I wanted to look at the why and didn't really see anything. Your reply didn't shed any light on the matter, I'm just trying to know what to look out for. When I compare to the wider members and posts on GAF I'm left scratching my head harder at some members that flood threads with shit, TBH, and they have no bans by comparison.

Is there something wrong with being pro Xbox on GAF? Even when you're pro other platforms, perhaps just not Sony as SS and I are? It's not like we're out here looking for bans.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Eyebrow raised at this part of your apologetic.

Let’s have a look:

UNesKn5.png

Mmm.
Good to see you’ve gotten the first 1,613 parts of my fan fiction. I’ll have the next 112 parts sent by end of day. Still waiting for your feedback! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yeah that looks like fun, my bad. But is that ban worthy? I cherry picked that one as I didn't really see anything else that was so bad in his 2 pages of his post history I looked at. Of course I don't want to pretend to be a mod or know better but after I'm left scratching my own head for similar shit, adjusting how I post and then seeing a a few others in similar ban boats I'm wondering why? I wanted to look at the why and didn't really see anything. Your reply didn't shed any light on the matter, I'm just trying to know what to look out for. When I compare to the wider members and posts on GAF I'm left scratching my head harder at some members that flood threads with shit, TBH, and they have no bans by comparison.

Is there something wrong with being pro Xbox on GAF? Even when you're pro other platforms, perhaps just not Sony as SS and I are? It's not like we're out here looking for bans.
People get banned for console warring, not being a member of a specific tribe.

Thaedolus

I think you can be pro anything you want as long as you’re not trying to take a shit on another plastic box at the same time and bait people into some dumb back and forth about which is better. You can also offer up good faith criticisms. It’s when you clearly have a one sided agenda that hackles get raised, because why the fuck do you care so much to go out of your way to be a shill? Just enjoy what you like, complain in good faith when it’s warranted, and don’t draw battle lines or whatever and you’ll be fine.

Waking up after surgery is one of the worst feelings in the world.
Honestly I had a great time. I got my wisdom teeth removed recently (way later than most people) and went under. When I woke up, I just made jokes the whole time. I dont remember what I was saying and my wife didn't understand any of the jokes, but I remember them being good. The first thing I actually remember coherently (and the first thing my wife understood) was me taking the gauze out of my mouth (with blood pouring everywhere) and telling my wife, "If we get pulled over, let me do the talking"

Let me know if I'm out of line, but roast beef plus horseradish plus honey mustard seems kinda neat. Haven't tried it before, this is purely a sandwich planning post.

Oh you by horseradish you mean "Englishmen's Wasabi", hell yeah mixing mustards works great.

*generally I've done it when making sauces for steak more so than sandwiches.

daTRUballin

So I have a very dumb question and I didn't know what thread to ask this in. How do you give posts different reactions other than a like? You know, like "triggered", "LOL", "empathy", etc. I tried both the mobile and desktop versions and I can't seem to figure it out. It's probably something very easy and obvious, isn't it?

Again, sorry for being off topic! It's been bothering me. :p

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
So I have a very dumb question and I didn't know what thread to ask this in. How do you give posts different reactions other than a like? You know, like "triggered", "LOL", "empathy", etc. I tried both the mobile and desktop versions and I can't seem to figure it out. It's probably something very easy and obvious, isn't it?

Again, sorry for being off topic! It's been bothering me. :p
In mobile I just made long press on the like button. Then I click around and the option appear.
In pc I hover the mouse I think? And then move to the one I want.

Kacho

Friday OT is the new hangout spot. Lots of great threads lately in off topic.

This thread really doesn't have a purpose since the only bans worth discussing are good posters requesting the bans themselves. Not much to discuss in those instances. I don't see a problem with letting this thread fade into obscurity.
That Airbus Jr ban sure was something. Not sure why anyone thinks posting offsite drama is ever a wise move.

Good entertainment if you can catch it though.

Kacho

RIP GhostofTsu. It’s been a bloodbath the past few weeks.

EviLore EviLore was the ability to view the top posters in a thread removed for a reason? I swear that used to be a feature here years back.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
First warning on my account, is there no way to see what it was for? Not arguing, just have genuinely no idea what it was for.

Found it. Silly, but whatever.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Well I was self disciplined enough to go to the gym instead of staying in to play RE4 and my reward is white out conditions and I can’t get back up the hill to my house in the little car, so I’m waiting for the wife to load up the kids in the truck and come get me 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin is gone, new threads posted dropping by 80%

Not sure what happened, saw him and Dick Jones Dick Jones getting in to it, the most interesting thing in an Eddie thread since he cancered the baby.
Based off the ban reason, I imagine he was unhappy with my critique of his threads and vented to mods. I didn't make any attempt to ban him, just wanted him to consolidate his threads which had fallen into two obvious camps of Xbox themed anything and the PSVR2 sucks & is doomed. I admit I was cutting in my responses (the Xbox branded condoms one in particular was nasty and I do feel embarrassed by it) but if he had two megathreads to corral the threads upon threads of the same spirit, I don't think it would be picked up on.

If we had someone here creating at least one "Xbox/PS/Nintendo/PC sucks" a day thread, they would be warned to knock the shit off and rightly so. He had two threads yesterday about the same topic (branded nba thing) that related to an older thread with the same stuff.

I wasn't looking for him to be banned.

Last edited:

Kilau

Based off the ban reason, I imagine he was unhappy with my critique of his threads and vented to mods. I didn't make any attempt to ban him, just wanted him to consolidate his threads which had fallen into two obvious camps of Xbox themed anything and the PSVR2 sucks & is doomed. I admit I was cutting in my responses (the Xbox branded condoms one in particular was nasty and I do feel embarrassed by it) but if he had two megathreads to corral the threads upon threads of the same spirit, I don't think it would be picked up on.

If we had someone here creating at least one "Xbox/PS/Nintendo/PC sucks" a day thread, they would be warned to knock the shit off and rightly so. He had two threads yesterday about the same topic (branded nba thing) that related to an older thread with the same stuff.

I wasn't looking for him to be banned.
I only brought it up because it was funny and I think you were saying what a lot of people were thinking, not to say you were trying to get him banned. He seemingly had plenty of mod issues, I noticed a lot of his threads were deleted and reposted for one reason or another.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I only brought it up because it was funny and I think you were saying what a lot of people were thinking, not to say you were trying to get him banned. He seemingly had plenty of mod issues, I noticed a lot of his threads were deleted and reposted for one reason or another.
To my knowledge I only reported two people on this board. You'd have to do something really outrageous for me to message mods about it.

One was someone who made a joke out of actual child sexual abuse. I think the prick was already banned when I sent it. That comment still annoys me as it's so outside this community's tolerance and someone thought it was acceptable.

The other one was a self report. I stupidly said that I was so confident of how a Cyberpunk discourse on ERA would go that if it did happen exactly I would request a week ban here. The mod who responded said I didnt need to be held to the self bet so I took the cowards way out and didn't confirm it 😂 I owe GAF one week still 🤫

I'm fine with most people posting threads provided the thread topics are varied or you can have a negative thread as long as it's self contained. Leave people vent provided it doesn't go into other threads.

Top Bottom