• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
@Eddie-Griffin is gone, new threads posted dropping by 80%

Not sure what happened, saw him and @Dick Jones getting in to it, the most interesting thing in an Eddie thread since he cancered the baby.
Shame. I will miss him. Not for the PSVR2 threads but for the xbox ones. I use this forum for infos and he was linking to things that I would never have looked for by myself. But yeah it was inevitable when most of his latest threads were full of people complaining about him

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Shame. I will miss him. Not for the PSVR2 threads but for the xbox ones. I use this forum for infos and he was linking to things that I would never have looked for by myself. But yeah it was inevitable when most of his latest threads were full of people complaining about him
No doubt you could tell the slant he has in his threads, but lots of them were pretty good and informative. I'd bet most gamers wouldnt know anything about VR gaming if it wasnt for his posts. I dont know how he does it, but he's got a knack for digging up info. In some of the other threads he's be in about sales or 1980s-90s stuff he'd post newspaper/magazine article kinds of stuff (literally black and white scanned pages) he'd find from archives somewhere. It doesn't even look like stuff you'd find just googling it and seeing it on the first or second page of google. But he has the link and image.

I didn't mind him. One time I remember kind of snapping back at him because once he thinks he's right, he thinks he's right and will do a half pager defending his position. But I learned to just roll with it regardless if he was right or being stubbornly wrong. He responses kind of remind me of my dad, but my dad's messages were much shorter. But he was similar. He'd respond with some fact or info he read overshadowing my response. And if I disagreed, he'd say I dont know because it's just my opinion with no proof.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
@Eddie-Griffin is gone, new threads posted dropping by 80%

Not sure what happened, saw him and @Dick Jones getting in to it, the most interesting thing in an Eddie thread since he cancered the baby.

He was an alt of two previous banned accounts: Afro/Voost. Continuous shilling, instigation, antagonization, and ignoring moderation warnings repeatedly by spamming low effort threads. We reached out to him to rectify the behavior but he ardently refused.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Will everyone please stop getting banned!

Alison Brie Pain GIF

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Will everyone stop getting banned!
He was an alt of two previous banned accounts: Afro/Voost. Continuous shilling, instigation, antagonization, and ignoring moderation warnings repeatedly by spamming low effort threads. We reached out to him to rectify the behavior but he ardently refused.
I remember Afro but not Voost.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Everytime I show up in here I feel like an uninvited guest at a party where there's a dead hooker in the tub, midgets wrestling in the living room, a bbq thrown in the pool and 200 people yelling over each other while throwing feces.
Then I sit in a corner & just watch 😃

Saber

Gold Member

a new hope GIF by Star Wars

I liked the latest alt, often articles I wouldn't stumble across myself. Eddie also engaged in the discussion afterwards, usually in detailed posts (something GAF could do with more of). Anywhooo alts gonna alt.

GAF mods and Eddie right now -

1*BrIKaTXed1-FbRcIiii_lQ.gif

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I still say he was another Afro Republican alt.

nush

Gold Member

and the rest, like The Gorby Congressmanz.

Turdy0.png

Sega hate boner and the only person I've seen use old newspaper clippings as proof of his opinion.

I told you guys, fair play for giving him more than enough chances though.

My ignore list continues to be a death note.

Last edited:
It didn't look like there was anything wrong with the recent threads he made, so I assume it was probably that call out to another user that did him in with one of the two basketball series S threads, which he didn't just call out by name but also in the thread title itself and in the post. All of which was unnecessary.

A lot of people would troll him and give him obvious bait, and he would take it every time because he wanted to have a cage match with everyone because he didn't like inaccurate information. He sourced all his claims and provided a lot of great historical stuff, but he allowed very little wiggle room to even have an opinion that was contrary to whatever data he had, even if that opinion didn't necessarily contradict the data because he would assume you were a fanboy poisoning the discussion.

He was way too easy to bait for multiple pages, and when a person entered one without reading the entire thread from page 1, the user he was arguing with would make Eddie look like he was some condescending mad man that was throwing insults or attacks at people without prompt.

He never figured out how to tell when he was being trolled, so he never knew when a person wasn't seriously having a discussion nor when to leave a conversation, instead he would keep feuds going. A person new to most debates he was engaged in, even by mistake would almost always jump in and side with the person opposing him everytime because he was always seen as the aggressor, even when he was right.

He was also very petty, when he felt he was unfairly judged or did figure out a user wasn't being good faith, he would days or even weeks later go after that user again just to do the "ackshlually I told you so" jargon which would start another argument because he would feel that those users got away with something and he had to get them back. The recent basketball series thread I just referenced would be an example.

His best threads were the early computer graphics threads and historical call backs to older console history, which is a shame because iirc he said he was going to fix the broken images in those threads.

Months ago he fell apart in the 1996 platformer thread which was the big one, it was embarrassing for both Eddie and the people who were messing with him. Sure it was his fault he kept taking the bait and arguing with several people on different topics, then the other users would take advantage of the confusion when a new person entered the conversation. He fell to that same strategy like 5 times in that thread I couldn't believe it.

iirc he got banned 3-4 times in that thread alone, because he kept coming back refusing to just let things be and move on only to get banned again learning nothing. I'm assuming if you get hammered that many times you start to run low on second chances by the mods, because not too long after he finally stopped returning to that thread, he started limiting the scope of his thread topics to focus primarily on VR and Xbox special editions.

There were many users who liked Eddie, and many users who didn't and had a grudge with him. It made it very hard to post about similar topics because a part of the community would associate it with Eddie negatively, even so far as making jokes that users may have been hijacked by Eddies account if they had an argument or made a topic that was associated with his views.

It's for this same reason that I doubt old newspapers will be used in discussions for a long time on gaf because those are also now associated with Eddie. Even if that seems illogical.

It sucks he turned so hard to VR and Xbox clothes because the only other time you saw legacy platform discussion on Neogaf was that one members threads where he shills his YouTube platform under the pretext of discussion, so Eddies move away from old skool gaming to VR and Xbox special editions was painful. You could tell he was trying very hard to not cross the line and kept limiting what topics he discussed after that platformer thread to avoid another ban.

He had a lot of historical knowledge and posted a lot of interesting sales data. I know a fair bit about old 3D games but I never would have heard of games like GalacticDan or Dark-wood on the Acorn computer, or knew about Commodore game sales figures without him, or at least not without going through a time consuming research process that would likely involve paywalls.

Eddie also engaged in the discussion afterwards,

I would argue he did this too much.

Last edited:
It didn't look like there was anything wrong with the recent threads he made, so I assume it was probably that call out to another user that did him in with one of the two basketball series S threads, which he didn't just call out by name but also in the thread title itself and in the post. All of which was unnecessary.

A lot of people would troll him and give him obvious bait, and he would take it every time because he wanted to have a cage match with everyone because he didn't like inaccurate information. He sourced all his claims and provided a lot of great historical stuff, but he allowed very little wiggle room to even have an opinion that was contrary to whatever data he had, even if that opinion didn't necessarily contradict the data because he would assume you were a fanboy poisoning the discussion.

He was way too easy to bait for multiple pages, and when a person entered one without reading the entire thread from page 1, the user he was arguing with would make Eddie look like he was some condescending mad man that was throwing insults or attacks at people without prompt.

He never figured out how to tell when he was being trolled, so he never knew when a person wasn't seriously having a discussion nor when to leave a conversation, instead he would keep feuds going. A person new to most debates he was engaged in, even by mistake would almost always jump in and side with the person opposing him everytime because he was always seen as the aggressor, even when he was right.

He was also very petty, when he felt he was unfairly judged or did figure out a user wasn't being good faith, he would days or even weeks later go after that user again just to do the "ackshlually I told you so" jargon which would start another argument because he would feel that those users got away with something and he had to get them back. The recent basketball series thread I just referenced would be an example.

His best threads were the early computer graphics threads and historical call backs to older console history, which is a shame because iirc he said he was going to fix the broken images in those threads.

Months ago he fell apart in the 1996 platformer thread which was the big one, it was embarrassing for both Eddie and the people who were messing with him. Sure it was his fault he kept taking the bait and arguing with several people on different topics, then the other users would take advantage of the confusion when a new person entered the conversation. He fell to that same strategy like 5 times in that thread I couldn't believe it.

iirc he got banned 3-4 times in that thread alone, because he kept coming back refusing to just let things be and move on only to get banned again learning nothing. I'm assuming if you get hammered that many times you start to run low on second chances by the mods, because not too long after he finally stopped returning to that thread, he started limiting the scope of his thread topics to focus primarily on VR and Xbox special editions.

There were many users who liked Eddie, and many users who didn't and had a grudge with him. It made it very hard to post about similar topics because a part of the community would associate it with Eddie negatively, even so far as making jokes that users may have been hijacked by Eddies account if they had an argument or made a topic that was associated with his views.

It's for this same reason that I doubt old newspapers will be used in discussions for a long time on gaf because those are also now associated with Eddie. Even if that seems illogical.

It sucks he turned so hard to VR and Xbox clothes because the only other time you saw legacy platform discussion on Neogaf was that one members threads where he shills his YouTube platform under the pretext of discussion, so Eddies move away from old skool gaming to VR and Xbox special editions was painful. You could tell he was trying very hard to not cross the line and kept limiting what topics he discussed after that platformer thread to avoid another ban.

He had a lot of historical knowledge and posted a lot of interesting sales data. I know a fair bit about old 3D games but I never would have heard of games like GalacticDan or Dark-wood on the Acorn computer, or knew about Commodore game sales figures without him, or at least not without going through a time consuming research process that would likely involve paywalls.

A nice summary and more than I was aware of, I guess I get/got trapped by trolls much like Eddie. Hopefully I don't end up perma too. It's sad to lose members that have detailed posts, insight and source/back up what they say, even if they argue heavily sometimes. Generally I find people of that ilk are hardcore until you prove otherwise factually to them (which I like). I have no idea if Eddie was akin to the latter but I enjoyed his threads and detailed posts.

I would argue trolling and gotchya mentality is bit of a problem on GAF and some repeat users just seem immune to mods through popularity or some shit. Personally I feel like we lost something with Eddie but GAF ain't my house to clean. RIP Eddie, my thread posting bot friend.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Maybe a weird take, but I'm actually relieved that he's an alt of Afro because I was legit worried that Afro died.

nush

Gold Member

78 posts, nice try Afo alt #xxxx.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist

I’m honestly amazed that you wrote an 800-word essay about a gaffer.

(unless this was a copypasta or something)

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I only brought it up because it was funny and I think you were saying what a lot of people were thinking, not to say you were trying to get him banned. He seemingly had plenty of mod issues, I noticed a lot of his threads were deleted and reposted for one reason or another.
Can I get a link to the thread in question? I love me some forum drama!

What's the best use of the follow feature and is there a single page recent activity view of all you follow? Perhaps I've not found it but I thought a cool feature would be a single page that has the last 5-10 posts from your followers loaded in one page for easy viewing. Gold upgrade to that feature would be AJAX loading in real time, just leave the page open and enjoy.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Vince Vaughan am I right?

1200px-Vince_Vaughn_in_Los_Angeles%2C_California_%282015%29_-_1.jpg

Edit: seriously though guys please stop getting yourselves banned. Shit is getting stupid at this point

This was meant to be read in his voice btw

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
What's the best use of the follow feature and is there a single page recent activity view of all you follow? Perhaps I've not found it but I thought a cool feature would be a single page that has the last 5-10 posts from your followers loaded in one page for easy viewing. Gold upgrade to that feature would be AJAX loading in real time, just leave the page open and enjoy.

If you click your profile pic in the upper right, there's a link in the drop down called news feed. This has the activity of those members you follow. Though, TBH, I just use the feature to keep track of members I like.

If you click your profile pic in the upper right, there's a link in the drop down called news feed. This has the activity of those members you follow. Though, TBH, I just use the feature to keep track of members I like.

Cheers, that's the one. Could do with a filter to remove reactions so more meaty content can be viewed quickly.

Also you're a busy mofo in my feed, first page dedicated to you!

i didn't know this existed and apparently you're the only person i follow on here :messenger_tears_of_joy: i didn't know what following worked on here.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom