• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Bon appetite

Tz4o7pF.jpg

Hudo

I assume it's mostly young people who are unable to afford multiple systems?
Sorta. I think it's mostly young people (and man-children) that have yet to develop a personality of their own and substitute the lack thereof with brands. That phase usually ends in the mid-twenties. But I bet not being able to afford everything plays part in that as well.

Although for some people on here that phase seems to never end at all.

Damn, I don't go over to gaming much these days. I didn't realize how insecure people are about their platform of choice. I assume it's mostly young people who are unable to afford multiple systems? Makes the volume of platform warring bans seem very reasonable.
I would like multiple systems but none of the exclusives really interest me other than Sony's offerings. Maybe a Nintendo Switch 2 when more details are released into the public domain.

fTxbYgn.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I found out that I use my PC mostly for indies. Even if I do pay more than 1000 € for a relatively good one. Last one I finished was Boxes, a game made by mobile devs on Steam. Pretty good game by the way.
Same, which is why I really don't want to upgrade. Most AAA games these days are boring af. My rig somehow ran Elden Ring and if that didn't get me to upgrade, I dunno what will.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Two kids slushess which only come in kids trays at the theater: $13
Two small slushees on their own: $12
One large slushee for them to fight over: $7

Them actually fighting over it like I thought them would: priceless

nush

My mum calls me to the living room to see something on TV, BBC "Vaping is the big bad" documentary. Literally in one minute that I'm there the young woman they interview is introduced as (paraphrase) "She used to be a light smoker with asthma but since starting vaping.... really bad health now." obviously lets ignore the asthma. Then she goes off on one because whatever is on TV that she agrees with must be true.

So I point out she has high blood sugar early diabetes because of all the sugar she eats. But that's OK because sugar is natural.

You know the excess death rate is 7-9% since the pandemic, white blood clots, sudden deaths. Of course she trusted the science...

Boomers. :messenger_pensive:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
So I point out she has high blood sugar early diabetes because of all the sugar she eats. But that's OK because sugar is natural.
lmfao I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir telling you this, but there’s nothing natural about the sugar we ingest in modern times. You used to get sugar when fruit was in season and you’d get a bunch of fiber and nutrients along with it, it wasn’t laced throughout everything we eat and sold in bags by the pound so you could dump it in your coffee, or as my mom does: spread it all over your cereal. Like JFC, were those carbs not empty enough already mom?

My mom might need to have here feet amputated at some point…she’s not diabetic but certainly a sugar addict who’s morbidly obese, so I feel ya on the eye rolling when it comes to health lectures

nush

My mom might need to have here feet amputated at some point…she’s not diabetic but certainly a sugar addict who’s morbidly obese, so I feel ya on the eye rolling when it comes to health lectures

She got a blood pressure monitor from the doctors this morning, she has to record it for a week. She was pissed off because her bingo wings are so large it wont strap around her arm. Of course this is somehow the doctors fault.

I tested it, for me easy and I have normal blood pressure. Not being fat helps.

Top Bottom