• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

nush

You can't depend on your parents forever dude. Their money is not your money.

It's OK she remarried a Mr Bean shut in who lived off his mothers money until she died and he inherited everything then my mum made him sell the house and they moved into a small assisted living complex by the coast. Then he slowly suffered from paranoid delusions and a minor stroke has to drink through a straw and his happy as long as the TV is on and he has a daily paper.

My mum: LOL. Hey look how supportive I am with someone else's money, that was also someone else's money.

Me: Meh "It's free real estate"

Ionian

It's OK she remarried a Mr Bean shut in who lived off his mothers money until she died and he inherited everything then my mum made him sell the house and they moved into a small assisted living complex by the coast. Then he slowly suffered from paranoid delusions and a minor stroke has to drink through a straw and his happy as long as the TV is on and he has a daily paper.

My mum: LOL. Hey look how supportive I am with someone else's money, that was also someone else's money.

Me: Meh "It's free real estate"

Not sure what reaction to post to that, fucking hell man that is as rough as it gets and I thought my family were bastards. Jesus Christ.

Thaedolus

Now hear me out…

SO1bhzA.jpg

nush

Not sure what reaction to post to that, fucking hell man that is as rough as it gets and I thought my family were bastards. Jesus Christ.

Literally the woman the red pill community warns men about before they were even a movement. It's a wild ride, thankfully she's a sound mum but her cognitive dissonance slider is set to max.

Ionian

Literally the woman the red pill community warns men about before they were even a movement. It's a wild ride, thankfully she's a sound mum but her cognitive dissonance slider is set to max.

Have a buddy, fella I talk about in Japan. Married her, was at the wedding. He started thinking she was cheating on him.

She went on a retreat, quit her nursing job and spoke to all these new Gods.

Would spend hours doing it, he was convinced she was on the phone.

I thought that was fucked but your story ... that is every angle of fucked up. At least she is a good mother, so some light there. <3

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Why is it people lose all ability to dance the moment they become parents? Apparently my dad was quite the disco dude back in the day, then he became a parent, and bam! Dad dance!
I’ve never been a parent, but you won’t see me dancing to save my life. I get awfully self-aware. I’ve rarely felt so stupid as when I was doing those dances in Wii Fit U with a Wiimote in each hand, and I was completely alone in the house, with all windows barred.

That mom dancing in the video, though... damn!

BigBooper

I’ve never been a parent, but you won’t see me dancing to save my life. I get awfully self-aware. I’ve rarely felt so stupid as when I was doing those dances in Wii Fit U with a Wiimote in each hand, and I was completely alone in the house, with all windows barred.

Check out the kid beside her staring at her butt the whole time. It got to be too much and he had to move over a seat. He couldn't handle that amount of m/gilf.

Last edited:

Toons

A pro-STer!

You were right to fear our wrath -_-

Nah, i think your points are fair, i think i made a post here asking GAFers to choose PT or ST in which i gave my opinion.. i think it boiled down to it being hard to like movies that revised and ignored their own plots repeatedly :p

Thats fair, the last one is definitely the weakest for those reasons XD

We STers are a quiet bunch but we are Legion. You can find us anywhere. We could even be living right next door to you. Contact your local authorities if you have suspicions

Tschumi

I once danced in front of my wife... She loved it.. but she doesn't count.. i can't dance. I do a kind of, lol, rasta sway meets headbang meets air drum meets thigh drum hahahaha

Works okay when you're lost in a club crowd, less so when you're in a well lit dance space..
It’s from Avengers Endgame. And Kev stole my thing.
Scared Cringe GIF by O&O, Inc

Last edited:

Soodanim

Thats fair, the last one is definitely the weakest for those reasons XD

We STers are a quiet bunch but we are Legion. You can find us anywhere. We could even be living right next door to you. Contact your local authorities if you have suspicions
From my one and only watch of ST (marathoned them earlier this year) as someone who isn’t that into SW: there were some memorable scenes dotted in a story that never went anywhere, balanced out by things that made no sense (the Death Star ruins shaped dagger to name one) to make an overall “Okay, I just watched these and now I’ve seen them” experience. The Palpatine thing threw me so much that I thought I missed something in TLJ, so I went back to skip through the end scenes, then the credits in case they Marveled it. It was only a lot later that I found out that what I missed was Fortnite.

People didn’t like PT, but it knew what story it was telling.

Toons

From my one and only watch of ST (marathoned them earlier this year) as someone who isn’t that into SW: there were some memorable scenes dotted in a story that never went anywhere, balanced out by things that made no sense (the Death Star ruins shaped dagger to name one) to make an overall “Okay, I just watched these and now I’ve seen them” experience. The Palpatine thing threw me so much that I thought I missed something in TLJ, so I went back to skip through the end scenes, then the credits in case they Marveled it. It was only a lot later that I found out that what I missed was Fortnite.

People didn’t like PT, but it knew what story it was telling.

Yea honestly the last one had a lot of arsepulls, I still found some scenes I really enjoyed it in but its really hackneyed together and JJ Abrams isn't good at writing endings to anything(see lost)

I like the first 2 much more, especially TLJ. I'll defend that film to death

Im not as bothered by Palpatine as much because his entire existence as a character has pretty much been to be omnipotent and omniscient and pretty much be wherever he needs to be and know whatever he needs to know, but still some setup wouldve been nice.

I do still think it is better than the PT films, probably close to equal WITH ROTS and thats because the last act of revenge literslly almost makes up for most of the stuff you had to sit through... almost. But yea the PT era was a dark time, I think clone wars rehabilitated it a lot but it was really bad for the actors and the brand at the time; I still love this franchise and I'll be watching every film in it regardless.

Can't wait for Boba and bossk better be in it

Ionian

Yea honestly the last one had a lot of arsepulls, I still found some scenes I really enjoyed it in but its really hackneyed together and JJ Abrams isn't good at writing endings to anything(see lost)

I like the first 2 much more, especially TLJ. I'll defend that film to death

Im not as bothered by Palpatine as much because his entire existence as a character has pretty much been to be omnipotent and omniscient and pretty much be wherever he needs to be and know whatever he needs to know, but still some setup wouldve been nice.

I do still think it is better than the PT films, probably close to equal WITH ROTS and thats because the last act of revenge literslly almost makes up for most of the stuff you had to sit through... almost. But yea the PT era was a dark time, I think clone wars rehabilitated it a lot but it was really bad for the actors and the brand at the time; I still love this franchise and I'll be watching every film in it regardless.

Can't wait for Boba and bossk better be in it

We got Boba in 'the Mandolorian' and kind of a few Bossks.

Ionian

I need the REAL Bossk. Real Bossk would've tore Mando a new one

As a fan of Bossk myself, there's still hope as he ain't dead yet!

Throw in an IG-88 and you got a party going on. Although there was an IG in The Mandolorian as well, brilliant episode that. Nobody ever gives any love for Denvar.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Well my 100% remote adventure is already coming to an end. I guess they were working to secure office space downtown for management and today they announced it was a go. So much for my plans of setting daily beat off records and playing games...

Apparently I'll have a nice view of the mountains from the second to top floor though. So that's cool

nush

As a fan of Bossk myself, there's still hope as he ain't dead yet!

Throw in an IG-88 and you got a party going on. Although there was an IG in The Mandolorian as well, brilliant episode that. Nobody ever gives any love for Denvar.
It's Dengar.

I'm confident that Forrest Whittakers character I. Rogue One was based on Dengar.

Ionian

It's Dengar.

I'm confident that Forrest Whittakers character I. Rogue One was based on Dengar.

Ah, typo on my part. Goddamnit!

Loved Rogue One, sitting in the cinema on my own barr another person at a matinee. Thought it was awesome, last scene nearly brought a tear to my eye for the child still in me. (Ooer).

Can't believe the hate it gets, was more Star Wars than any of the last films. Whatever editing they did worked, really curious what it was like before. Darth Vader fucking up shit at the end was glorious, as was seeing Leia. Bit Janky but worked for me. BRB, gonna watch that scene again.

EDIT: For anyone who hasn't seen it. Includes spoilers, Thanos is in it.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Why is dark chocolate better with every candy filling except peanut butter?

To me, chocolate and peanut butter is the best combo. Nothing beats a Reese cup. But having tried dark chocolate PB cups, they just taste... off. It's weird because I think dark chocolate goes better with everything else. Goes better with mint. Goes better with fruit filled mouses, nougats or creams. I'd say for caramel it goes about even with milk chocolate, but Milky Way Midnights are pretty fucking good. Yet, can't get on board with dark chocolate and peanut butter.

How is this phenomenon explained? You'd figure the best chocolate would team up with the best filling for the ultimate candy, but such is not the case.

Soodanim

To me, chocolate and peanut butter is the best combo. Nothing beats a Reese cup. But having tried dark chocolate PB cups, they just taste... off. It's weird because I think dark chocolate goes better with everything else. Goes better with mint. Goes better with fruit filled mouses, nougats or creams. I'd say for caramel it goes about even with milk chocolate, but Milky Way Midnights are pretty fucking good. Yet, can't get on board with dark chocolate and peanut butter.

How is this phenomenon explained? You'd figure the best chocolate would team up with the best filling for the ultimate candy, but such is not the case.
Not all dark chocolate is made equal. I doubt Reese make/use good quality dark.

Dark chocolate is king though, you’re not wrong.

Tschumi

They might dance on similar parts of your tongue and neutralise themselves/accentuate boring flavours...?

Top Bottom