• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Just paid off all my student loans. Feels good man.

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I bought an Oculus Rift & HTC Vive to celebrate when the Mrs & I paid off our student loans. Congrats! Make sure to celebrate in any way possible.
Thank you! Celebrating is definitely not a bad idea. Might have to swing by the grocery store on the way home and pick up a 24 pack of fish sticks and some ketchup. Hoo-ha!

We were planning a trip to Seattle for a Deftones concert, but it just got delayed to 2022.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Who's the weeaboo trash guy and how the fuck do they have 20k worth of lego?

TheContact

Anyone ever watch the show shameless? If not check it out. It’s one of those shows where you want to keep watching after the episode ends. Only had a few shows do that to me: breaking bad, sopranos, lost, game of thrones, maybe a couple others. Either way, awesome and well written show. Ton of seasons too

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Anyone ever watch the show shameless? If not check it out. It’s one of those shows where you want to keep watching after the episode ends. Only had a few shows do that to me: breaking bad, sopranos, lost, game of thrones, maybe a couple others. Either way, awesome and well written show. Ton of seasons too
The British one is better

CloudNull

Banned
Show is really good until it goes super woke the last few seasons. Stopped watching after season 9 I believe.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Show is really good until it goes super woke the last few seasons. Stopped watching after season 9 I believe.
Having only watched the original version, I have one question:

How the fuck can Shameless go woke?

Having said that, America tried Inbetweeners and fucked it up, so I imagine the rawness of the original is gone. I can’t bring myself to even try it.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Having only watched the original version, I have once question:

Having said that, America tried Inbetweeners and fucked it up, so I imagine the rawness of the original is gone. I can’t bring myself to even try it.
I tried once or twice. The showtime version was a practically shot by shot remake of the original, just with uninteresting shitty actors. Had no interest in going back for thirds.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I tried once or twice. The showtime version was a practically shot by shot remake of the original, just with uninteresting shitty actors. Had no interest in going back for thirds.
You’re braver than I am. The original Shameless always seemed like the opposite of everything American TV stands for. I can’t even fully explain it, it’s just wrong. You get what I mean, though.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
Having only watched the original version, I have one question:

I don’t want the wokeness to deter people from watching it. It is one of the best shows I’ve seen up until I stopped watching it.

In the later seasons they lean too far into the woke story lines which no longer felt organic to me. It felt forced because it was what every other show was doing. No longer was it a show about the Gallagher’s debauchery and broken family but social issues and hot button topics.

The show should have ended long before it did.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I don’t want the wokeness to deter people from watching it. It is one of the best shows I’ve seen up until I stopped watching it.

In the later seasons they lean too far into the woke story lines which no longer felt organic to me. It felt forced because it was what every other show was doing. No longer was it a show about the Gallagher’s debauchery and broken family but social issues and hot button topics.

The show should have ended long before it did.
What I mean is having only watched the original Shameless, I don't see how any show that tries to be anything close to that can get anywhere near an opportunity to be anything approaching woke.

Shameless is about an estate where pissheads, drugs, prostitution and the rest of it are all a way of life, where everyone knows each other and there's always some shit going on. Politictical correctness doesn't really enter the equation, so there's not really any room for anything more. People are too busy trying to survive to care about anything else - it's a show that finds the good in amongst all the bad. it's relatable in many ways, because there's estates like that up and down the country. Shit, some of the stories I've heard are worse than Shameless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom