• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here is Why Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a True Next-gen Game

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Even without any additional explanation, it can be seen with the naked eye that the new R&C is a next-gen title.

(Holy fuck, did i need a special permission to write this?? :messenger_open_mouth: I almost thought I saw a red dot between my eyes.)

It's only to seal the deal ;) As if it was just text explanations you'll see lots of mental gymnastics by some. Actual, visual evidence doesn't leave enough room for such practices ;)

Venom Snake

It's only to seal the deal ;) As if it was just text explanations you'll see lots of mental gymnastics by some. Actual, visual evidence doesn't leave enough room for such practices ;)

lVixowf.jpg

VFXVeteran

Banned
Halo Infinite looks like early Xbox One game. What's your point?

See that's the kind of shit I don't want in my thread. I bet you not a single Sony gamer will discuss this game in my thread.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
See that's the kind of shit I don't want in my thread. I bet you not a single Sony gamer will discuss this game in my thread.

Enjoy both of you, the door is open. You may enjoy your high-standards in that thread.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Enjoy both of you, the door is open. You may enjoy your high-standards in that thread.

Why do you have to have a one-way attitude about your platform of choice? "It's the best looking and if you don't agree, hit the door!" Is that any kind of way to have a healthy conversation?

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Why do you have to have a one-way attitude about your platform of choice? "It's the best looking and if you don't agree, hit the door!" Is that any kind of way to have a healthy conversation?

No need to derail the thread, sir. You can read what you've written and that guy and compare it to top end developers and elites in the gaming industry. Not interested, it's a personal choice, no hate. I hope you enjoy your thread without Sony fans.

When I want a steak, I don't go to a vegan restaurant.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The direct feed video on my Bravia is pristine. It looks like an animated movie, each frame with so much movement... And on top of how it looks now it will have HDR, so we still have that to look forward!

Insomniac have outdone themselves.

Oooh. Good point. The HDR update for Ratchet & Clank on the PS4 Pro was extremely impressive. I wanted to see how the games looked on my (then) new Oled TV and I ended up replaying the entire games once again. Insomniac are masters at their game.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I like the that raytracing isn't overdone...if that's possible in Ratchet and Clank. It's hard to notice with all the commotion going on during gameplay, but it's kinda like it adds to the cumulative quality of the presentation. Am I making sense?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Must go back and platinum the original (PS4 version) before this releases Such an amazing simple game, that looks fantastic and is just good fun. Really looking forward to this one now.

Ok, how about sorry? And I think you'll enjoy the other thread much better. Let me and the rest with our low standards, along with well-known gaming figures who share our mindset.
No man, I have the ability to enjoy both threads. This one is actually quite entertaining so good job and keep it up.

I find quite amusing the talk about audio because in this video it's just the same thing as done in so many other games. It's like saying 4K details are amazing when watching a video on a 1080p smartphone screen.
at 480p because you don't want to go over your datacap!

Seriously, when I watched the screenshots on my phone I could not see pretty much any of the micro-details you described in the post.

I can't wait to see final analysis and comparison between the 40k30 and the 60fps variant (the game probably runs between 40 and 60 anyway, so it may not be that far off)... This is speculation, so obviously don't take my word for it.

Last edited:

GriffinCorp

I'm quite happy with the demo. RnC games have always looked great, this game shows improvements but I'm still so excited about almost no load times. The N64 was so great because you just turned it on and you were playing the game. It's taken us almost 25 years to get back to this instant loading feature. I will be more than happy to pick this game up on PS5 launch.

If it was 1080p it would be at least 120fps. Naturally it would go down at worst scenario to 1440p and reconstructed to 4K with Sony's new patent of AI image reconstruction.
Yeah similar to Nvidia s dsll right? I think 1440 p already looks great it will be awesome to play this game at 2k 60 fps 😎😎😎

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Still amazed how much people are hyping Ratchet and Clank 12. 11 other Ratchet and Clank games released and they aaaallllll play the same. The console wars make fools of us all.

Still amazed how much people are hyping Ratchet and Clank 12. 11 other Ratchet and Clank games released and they aaaallllll play the same. The console wars make fools of us all.

I've been following your posts, maybe not closely, but I've seen plenty and I'm wondering what games you actually are excited for on the horizon? Honest question, not trying to start a fight.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I've been following your posts, maybe not closely, but I've seen plenty and I'm wondering what games you actually are excited for on the horizon? Honest question, not trying to start a fight.

Lemnis Gate
Hood: Outlaws and Legends
Naughty Dogs Factions II
Horizon Forbidden West
Perfect Dark
Ken Levine's next game
Brendan Greenes Prologue

THEAP99

Banned
Finally got around to watching the RatchetPS5 Ratchet & Clank Extended Demo. It honestly looks great but I'm still not sold on the portal thing. Seems very scripted & like tears from BioShock.

Still not a "next gen" moment for me.

I think Spider-Man with it's unlocked/way faster web slinging speeds will prove to be the better showcase of the SSD. Sadly, they haven't even shown gameplay for that game.

Announce event pls PlayStation PlayStation

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
WRT to RC dimensional shifiting, does anyone feels they are basically on-rails cutscenes?
Fun little eye candy to see a new 'look' transitioning, but you cant seem to do anything in it?
Even the final pirate ship fight, it was just a small arena. 🤷‍♀️

THEAP99

Banned
WRT to RC dimensional shifiting, does anyone feels they are basically on-rails cutscenes?
Fun little eye candy to see a new 'look' transitioning, but you cant seem to do anything in it?
Yeah like it's really not a good showcase of the SSD

jose4gg

I don't feel like that honestly...

- Did you see the dragon parts right, like where the user moves across hundred of cars, did you see that right?

1osEBL7.jpg

- Did you see all the elements in the flying part in the desert, does that look like a small area to you honestly?

RY5VXtq.jpg

- Did you pay any attention to the element in the back and how they are rendered without any loss of quality?

vQnog1z.jpg

Those were small segments because the whole point of the video is showing how fast they can change everything. If they spent more then 10 seconds in any of those scenes people like you would be all over here saying that they were loading the things in the background...

Last edited:

- Did you see the dragon parts right, like where the user moves across hundred of cars, did you see that right?

1osEBL7.jpg

- Did you see all the elements in the flying part in the desert, does that look like a small area to you honestly?

RY5VXtq.jpg

- Did you pay any attention to the element in the back and how they are rendered without any loss of quality?

vQnog1z.jpg

Those were small segments because the whole point of the video is showing how fast they can change everything. If they spent more then 10 seconds in any of those scenes people like you would be all over here saying that they were loading the things in the background...

I'm sure that while your playing the game there will be levels where you will switch from one dimension to the next. And that's with normal style gameplay btw.

The reason why they chose this to demo is because of how often it happens.

Last edited:

jose4gg

I'm sure that while your playing the game there will be levels where you will switch from one dimension to the next. And that's with normal style gameplay btw.

The reason why they chose this to demo is because of how often it happens.

You can count on that

(Trick Jump X, X)

:) Cut scenes :)

JwMCUVw.png

longdi

Banned

1osEBL7.jpg

RY5VXtq.jpg

vQnog1z.jpg

Basically what i meant!

On rails segments, with no camera controls, very limited interactively apart from the X+X qte?
Ends up in the pirate ship closed arena fight.

Akin to loading video cutscenes, except this time is realtime rendered assets, ok, but nothing too different for the players.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
How is that relevant to the technical achievement?

Imo we went from streaming a pre-rendered cutscenes to streaming a realtime cutscenes. Sorta.
Maybe someone more technical and expressive can put in clearer words, VFXVeteran?

To the players, the 'gameplay' achievement feels the same, no? 🤷‍♀️

jose4gg

Imo we went from streaming a pre-rendered cutscenes to streaming a realtime cutscenes. Sorta.
Maybe someone more technical and expressive can put in clearer words, VFXVeteran?

To the players, the 'gameplay' achievement feels the same, no? 🤷‍♀️

You cannot interact in a cutscene, please stop, I know you are very critical but you are acting full weird here... The rails section is part of the gameplay, you can jump any time you want If you don't jump you will crash... Simple, just like many other games, and you continue to ignore the dragon flying section too, man, you better than this, common'.

Top Bottom