• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here is Why Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a True Next-gen Game

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully it gets a pc release at some point. Those new cards from nvidia would really make it shine!

karasu

It is a great looking game. But, I want to see more Spider-Man!

NYC during Fall, snow particles, increased density, RT reflections...JESUS!!!

times%20square%20nyc-L.jpg

If they can replicate this scale, atmosphere and density...LORD!!!!
This sure looks lie setting yourself up for disappointment holy shit

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Your right damn that make it even more crazy of the power jump. These Cards are 2-4 times more powerful than the upcoming console.

I'm glad Nvidia is pushing hard, and laughing at the dumb fucks few months ago who bought 2080Ti after warning them. Anyway, GPU is one part, now we need to see PC motherboards redesign and more bottlenecks removed.

Not as much effort as those clown youtubers like Dealers, colteastwood, Etc. not to mention that they also spread lies and FUD about PS5. Everything OP posted here are all facts and this is a true next gen game, I'm hype as much as OP for our coming next gens experience that Sony's PS5 will bring us! :messenger_bicep:

With weaker gpu and cpu ok

• LOL
Reactions: Rea

GymWolf

This is ratchet from the CG film 2016, iirc:

This is ratchet from ps5:

QsAha6Q.jpg

The difference is not that big.

This comparison only show how small was the budget for that movie...

This is monster inc, a 2001 film, look at the fur on the big bitch, it's like a couple of gen away...

mike-sulley-monsters-inc-monsters-inc-2001-BPHK1H.jpg

Last edited:

Unknown?

This comparison only show how small was the budget for that movie...

This is monster inc, a 2001 film, look at the fur on the big bitch, it's like a couple of gen away...

mike-sulley-monsters-inc-monsters-inc-2001-BPHK1H.jpg
Not a good comparison because his fur is long and shaggy and the other is short.

GymWolf

Not a good comparison because his fur is long and shaggy and the other is short.
You can have far better short fur compared to movie ratchet, the ps5 version is already an improvement but still far from monster inc fur, again, a 20 years old movie.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Not as much effort as those clown youtubers like Dealers, colteastwood, Etc. not to mention that they also spread lies and FUD about PS5. Everything OP posted here are all facts and this is a true next gen game, I'm hype as much as OP for our coming next gens experience that Sony's PS5 will bring us! :messenger_bicep:

Didn't take me that much effort, honestly. Just open the video and snap! Then add brief explanation about my point. Problem is, DF are too tired to do it, and those Dealer, Colteastwood are paid shills so the put too much energy beyond me. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

• Strength
Reactions: Rea

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You can have far better short fur compared to movie ratchet, the ps5 version is already an improvement but still far from monster inc fur, again, a 20 years old movie.

That photo was from a 1080p movie, compressed. But here is Angry Birds 2 movie in 4K, looks similar to Ratchet, and only proves that many of PS Studios use Sony Pictures Imageworks assets and models.

32386c9b5c5ee27b49d6ccf67846d069.jpg

Same goes to Spiderman's CGI:

4a4e363d644ae575857b15fc7abd331b.jpg

People forget that UE5 demo used uncompressed 8K models from ZBrush, even the whole environment was raw 8K with 16K shadows. PS5 system can manage that smartly.

Unreal_Engine_5_13.jpg

Banjo64

cumsessed
I think Insomniac did an absolutely stellar job visually on Ratchet PS4.

Like, I platted Spider-Man before playing Ratchet, but when I booted up Ratchet I was blown away by the amount of things going on on screen at the same time. Literally looks like a Pixar film in my opinion.

The PS3 trilogy looked absolutely brilliant as well to be fair.

This being a next gen exclusive is fantastic, it’s one of my absolute favourite franchises.

Last edited:
Top Bottom