• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony will release Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for PC in July 26

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
compared to a PS5 a 1100$ PC is a beast lol

here's what you currently can get for 650€
DpotaEN.jpg
That's not a "beast PC," which is the context that you quoted.

Depends on your definition of a beast PC but for me I would say a "beast" pc is a 4080 minimum so looking at well over double your estimate

But again it comes down to definition
Agreed.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I wouldn't consider anything below 4080 a pc worth owning over a ps5 honestly... and 4080 alone is 1400$
Otherwise.... ok 3090, 3080 (only 12gb version) and some other stuff is still perfectly fine. But to get a real leg up and above ps5 quality, 4080 with dlss3 is the way to go.
Of course still good Oled tv and HDR. Otherwise I don't care if the game is 1000fps... if it's played on a shitty ips monitor

You’re the 30fps is great guy, and you’re claiming a 4080 is minimum to make it worthwhile??

Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

mrmustard

Banned
I'm actually surprised they haven't done demons souls yet.
I think they don't expect too many sales on Pc. It's much more niche than action adventures and If people really wanted to play this without spending 550 Euro on a PS5 they could have gotten a 50 Euro PS3. Still a beautiful game on the fat lady. I bet GT7 or Ghost are next.

Midn1ght

I hope we don't have to wait another whole year for the next Nixxes port, this time of a title not from Insomniac Games, if it's not too much to ask.

Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, Shadow of the Colossus or Ghost of Tsushima would be nice.
Demon's Souls is the last Sony game that was on the Nvidia Leak and not yet announced I believe. I think it's coming next.

Thanks Jimbo.
rivet-jim-ryan.gif

When did he say this?

Not 100% sure. I think it was a Reddit post from him a few days ago. Corroborates some of Tom Henderson's comments too:
Updates and reveals on PlayStation’s new hardware, in addition to focusing solely on 1st party titles would be the showcase that PlayStation needs to set up the next phase. It’s understood that a lot of the games we’re waiting on seeing are pretty much ready, so I’m not sure why Sony decided to wait this time around.
https://insider-gaming.com/playstation-showcase-2023/

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
yes, the quote was about a PC that's almost twice as expensive as the one I linked, and the one I linked is already more powerful than a PS5
He quoted someone who called $1100 a "beast PC" when that is the price of a cheaper end 4080 alone. No need to be so insecure. Context and nuance are a thing.

Last edited:

Fabieter

The pc side of me enjoy this news. The ps side of me wonders why the playstation showcase was soo lackluster and a week later its pc time. Strange times. I wont get rid of ps5 since selling it is pointless too but I sure as heck won't get into another console besides switch.

cireza

Another game coming two years after release, yet people will turn this into Sony is starting to release their single-player games on PC same date.
Well it undoubtedly changes things. For any player that is satisfied with PC and not in a hurry to try PS games, the simple fact of knowing that, yes, a game will be available down the road is sufficient. And then again, who cares about selling more consoles anyway ? Sony don't make more money by selling a PS5 if in the end they sell the exact same number of games to that person. The console itself most probable doesn't generate a significant profit.

I wonder if posts like this are paid troll posts from MS or 3rd party employees.
This is so lazy. Everytime with these weird ass retorts.

First off, we’re not children and it’s not 2012. What even is a “troll post”? Second of all, if you read what I said I said I’d also forgo and skip the next iteration of the series X I paid my hard earned money for so MS shill doesn’t even make sense dude.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

But Sony and the media told me that you need the super power of SSD

People fall for PR lie's every time
This is a game that wouldn’t be possible without the power of PlayStation 5. We’re introducing more vibrant worlds than ever before, the speed of the SSD allows us to leap across the galaxy nearly instantly, and special effects like ray-tracing shows off the capabilities of the new console.
You know they are talking about the PS4, right?

nikos

Never finished this so I'm definitely going to pick it up and finally experience it without compromise.

Fbh

Lol I remember all the talk around here about how the SSD would be a revolution and we would see games like we've never seen before.
3 years later and it basically just turned out to be faster loading, as anyone who doesn't buy into the PR hyperbole could have predicted.

Last edited:

Sybrix

Game will be great to play in 3-6 months after release.

Get ready for unplayable game breaking bugs at launch.

Fredrik

As a customer I kind of like Sony's strategy. It rewards you as a PS5 owner with games being true exclusives for at least a year but at the same time gives the game a wider audience with a PC release.
Sucks for multi platform owners. You either play day 1 on PS and skip PC version and miss out on playing a potential definitive edition.
Or you play day 1 on PS and double dip on PC version years later, 2x the price.
Or you skip PS version and wait for PC version later, will likely have the story spoiled.

Banned
He quoted someone who called $1100 a "beast PC" when that is the price of a cheaper end 4080 alone. No need to be so insecure. Context and nuance are a thing.

like I said, compared to a console, it is a beast, when a half as expensive one already is more powerful

Interfectum

I prepped the future apology for Insomniac:

Dear Ratchet and Clank Community,

We hope this letter finds you well. Today, we wish to address concerns that have been raised following the recent release of Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart on the PC platform.

Firstly, we at Insomniac Games sincerely apologize to each and every player who has encountered difficulties with our game. We acknowledge that the performance of the PC port has not lived up to the high standards we set for ourselves, and more importantly, the expectations you have from us.

We understand that you have experienced issues including but not limited to bugs, crashes, and graphical glitches which have significantly impacted your ability to enjoy the rich universe we had so meticulously crafted. We are genuinely sorry for the frustration and inconvenience these issues may have caused.

In our pursuit of bringing Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart to the PC platform, our goal was to enhance the gaming experience and bring our beloved characters closer to a wider audience. We realize that our execution was flawed, and for this, we offer our sincerest apologies.

We want to assure you that your feedback has not fallen on deaf ears. Our dedicated team is hard at work identifying, isolating, and fixing the issues that you've reported. We are committed to making things right and enhancing your gameplay experience.

In the coming weeks, we will be releasing a series of patches to address the performance issues and bugs in the PC version of Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. We're also excited to share that we are in the process of developing a detailed roadmap. This roadmap will outline our plans for future updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to ensure your journey with Ratchet and Clank is as enjoyable as we originally intended.

Your understanding, patience, and continued support during this period is deeply appreciated. We are committed to regaining your trust and reaffirming our reputation for delivering top-tier gaming experiences.

Thank you for being a part of the Ratchet and Clank community. It is your passion and dedication that drive us to improve and deliver better. We ask for your patience as we work to make Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart the experience on PC we all want it to be.

Once again, we are truly sorry for the disappointment we have caused, and we are grateful for the opportunity to make things right.

Best,

Insomniac Games

Gobjuduck

Banned
as anyone who doesn't buy into the PR hyperbole could have predicted.
Sony said the PlayStation 2 would replace everyone’s personal computers, which was the main reason Microsoft invested in gaming.

Sony said the ps3’s cell processor would revolutionize gaming, and was basically a nasa computer on steroids.

Sony said ps4 would run games at 4k, but almost never natively ran games in 4k the whole generation, even with the pro.

Sony said the ps5 ssd was so special that some games wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t for the amazing tech.

Sony will always market some stupid feature as some amazing exclusive innovation. Xbox tried this with the cloud, but people called that out so fast.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Sucks for multi platform owners. You either play day 1 on PS and skip PC version and miss out on playing a potential definitive edition.
Or you play day 1 on PS and double dip on PC version years later, 2x the price.
Or you skip PS version and wait for PC version later, will likely have the story spoiled.

Or wait for deep discounts on PC for the double dip.

YCoCg

The PS5 and Xbox Series have been out for over two years and in that time NVME PCIe 4.0 has become near mainstream and NVME PCIe 5.0 has been released, and both have fallen in price, as well as DirectStorage being released on PC. People need to stop being butthurt over a quote from years ago acting as if tech doesn't improve fast.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sony’s SSD marketing going to be highly scrutinized.

Just Sayin GIF by MOODMAN
Not sure anyone recalls but I have said before that we had our regular group of people sitting in Discord and Mike said a few times Sony fucked up putting too much effort into that SSD and in the end wouldn't make any difference compared to the Xbox SSD

Iced Arcade

Hold up.....didn't Jim say that their goal was to sell at least 108m ps5's? 👀🤔
No one is buying a console for a 2021 Ratchet and clank game. Literally nobody.

They were smart... Release the game on console, collected the cash from that then on PC to make more money.

FrankWza

Yeah I’ll just invest ~$1100 on a beast pc
You're supposed to spend $3000 and wait until PS ports hit the bargain bin
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Now with rift apart and returnal on PC. It’s clear that Sony lied about the power of the ps5 being special. Like clockwork.
You mean the fixed-spec console that released 3 and a half years ago compared to the always increasing PC requirements that cost hundreds more? Lying bastards.

Top Bottom