• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport’s PC Performance Is Highly Disappointing (wccftech)

13900KS 7200MT/s DDR5 4090
RT
9788379d75e22a3711091e9fe11ea526afb725a12ce5160aaa1ea817d96d9f44.png

Raster

HWq4GN.jpg
Eh, to me this is fine. I use a 3060ti and only have 1080p display. More than adequate to make it consistant 60 if this is 4k performance. My card isn't a 4k card, so it will be fine. I would only hope its optimized and not running at 100% load all the time. My evga card has to last me, I've ran indie titles that max run the gpu and shouldn't.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I played a bit during lunch break and it ran quite well in the intro races.

Everything maxed out, full RT settings, 4K, DLAA, 100% render resolution, and was getting around 65-70 FPS.
Went to DLSS Quality and it went to 70-80 FPS.

I did not try more settings, did not have time, and I did not run the benchmark nor a rainy race.

PC specs :
- i7 13700K
- RTX 4090 FE + slight OC
- 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz
- 1TB Gen 3 NVMe (system + Forza)

Last edited:

Tsaki

Wonder what the performance will be on hardware where the majority of PC gamers will play it at, let's say 3060/2060 GPU paired with a Ryzen 3600. Does the $1700+ 4090 and X3D CPUs really represent a sizable part of the player base?

Roxkis_ii

Man, I wish this game had a demo so I could see how it proforms on my system without having to sign up for gamepass.

GHG

ohhhh boy. This is turning from a Day 1 into a Month 1 purchase.

Yeh I'm waiting for a steam sale along with more content (provided the content is free DLC and not paid for).

Launching a game like this without the nordschleife in 2023 is criminal.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
WCCFTech need to replace their PC...

Looks like they are the only ones having issues, and according to comments on their article they also were the only ones with lower perfs in Immortals of Aveum lately.

They badly tested it and jumped to be the first to talk shit about the PC performance.

Or we could get AI to nuke WCCFtech from orbit, its the only way to be sure.

Glad to hear it’s just them then.

Kilau

How could they get such low performance when others are upset about being locked to lowly 60fps in multiplayer?

john2gr

There is definitely something wrong with the PC system of WCCFTech. In Assassin's Creed Mirage they also claim awfully low numbers. On an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D (simulated to a 7800X3D by disabling the second CCD) and an NVIDIA RTX 4090 we get a minimum of 90fps at Native 4K/Ultra. On their AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D with NVIDIA RTX 4090 (so similar setups) they get an average of 70fps at 4K with DLSS Quality. So yeah, they should definitely look into fixing their PC system.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Yeh I'm waiting for a steam sale along with more content (provided the content is free DLC and not paid for).

Launching a game like this without the nordschleife in 2023 is criminal.
Don't care about the nordschleife, painful track... Just the performance. I have a 6650xt so if it runs bad on a 4090 it will certainly be unplayable.

Everything maxed out, full RT settings, 4K, DLAA, 100% render resolution, and was getting around 65-70 FPS.

I did not try more settings, did not have time, and I did not run the benchmark nor a rainy race.

PC specs :
- i7 13700K
- 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz
WCCFTech need to replace their PC...

Looks like they are the only ones having issues, and according to comments on their article they also were the only ones with lower perfs in Immortals of Aveum lately.

They badly tested it and jumped to be the first to talk shit about the PC performance.
Nice to know it's not actually that bad, & it's just error from the site....

Kataploom

Gold Member
Unfortunately, Forza Motorsport does not run well at all on this beast of a PC. On the contrary, it is a stuttery, nearly unplayable mess with ray tracing enabled to the maximum (full reflections plus ambient occlusion), and not even NVIDIA DLSS set to Performance mode (upscaling to 4K from 1080p) can allow it to reach 40 frames per second, as you can see in the built-in benchmark tool result above.
No way, colour me not surprised. There's a reason why most avoid RT as a plague, isn't it? Let's see how it runs at consoles setting first, most of performance issues on PC comes by pushing the game way beyond consoles settings.

Last edited:

CuNi

Looks like it's a WCCFTech problem.

This same site is reporting PC performance issues for both Forza Motorsport and Assassin's Creed: Mirage so I am not sure how reliable they are at this point.

I would wait for more confirmation for other reputable YouTube and websites before writing off either game as a disaster...

clarky

Gold Member
I literally quoted the OP text lol
And that's all you read apparently.

On topic, just had a quick spin in my laptop, performance seems decent enough at first glance. 4k maxed out on the initial races and im getting 70-ish fps.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

PC specs :
- i7 13700K
- 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz
I mean you have literally top of the line PC. Well, maybe could go to 13900k but doubt that would help much.

Most folks won’t have $1600+ GPUs.

Senua

After reading lots of other performance impressions I think something is up with wccftech's equipment. Mods can lock the thread is needs be

Zathalus

I mean you have literally top of the line PC. Well, maybe could go to 13900k but doubt that would help much.

Most folks won’t have $1600+ GPUs.
Most folks also don't have 4k screens. Or enable DLAA instead of DLSS.

Using DLSS, dropping a few settings, and 1440p/1080p drops it to where a 3060 should be fine.

Top Bottom