• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport’s PC Performance Is Highly Disappointing (wccftech)

Senua

The test configuration is equipped with:

• AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • RTX 4090
  • 32GB RAM DDR5
  • WD_BLACK SN850 NvME SSD
Unfortunately, Forza Motorsport does not run well at all on this beast of a PC. On the contrary, it is a stuttery, nearly unplayable mess with ray tracing enabled to the maximum (full reflections plus ambient occlusion), and not even NVIDIA DLSS set to Performance mode (upscaling to 4K from 1080p) can allow it to reach 40 frames per second, as you can see in the built-in benchmark tool result above.

Smash Video Games GIF by HyperX

TrebleShot

I was literally about to get the ultimate edition for early access, lol no thank you. Absolute joke and sorry state of affairs on PC.

Bojji

As far as I am concerned, they are generally good

Redfall have massive CPU requirements, Starfield is unoptimized as fuck (still no patches lol)... I don't remember other games because they don't really release much.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Redfall have massive CPU requirements, Starfield is unoptimized as fuck (still no patches lol)... I don't remember other games because they don't really release much.
Yeah well you are correct. I was thinking more of Flight Sim, FH3,4,5, Gears 5 and so on, those were good

Runs like shit even without RT? Why do the cars move like that...? (54 seconds in).
Strange, when something which looks better (FH5) runs on toaster well

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
They are. It’s Turn 10 who has a spotty record iirc.

Yes FM7 was a strange one on PC, performance was good but it had a bad stutter problem sometimes, regardless of how powerful your system was. I don't think they ever solved it. Also noticeable when switching cars in the garage (where they rotate), the car appears, rotates for a second, then... stutter... then continues. Really rough edges for a AAA studio.

Elysium44

Banned
Yeah well you are correct. I was thinking more of Flight Sim, FH3,4,5, Gears 5 and so on, those were good

Strange, when something which looks better (FH5) runs on toaster well

Flight Sim on release on PC was extremely demanding, I hear it's improved a lot since (I haven't tried it again). Even the launcher you're forced to use to download it, for some stupid reason ran your GPU at 100% load. So you can pull a few hundred watts out of the wall and stress test your GPU for hours while downloading the game. This is the standard of QA at Microsoft, terrible.

Elysium44

Banned
“ with ray tracing at full “

I think that’s a very important part of the story.

RTX 4090 at 4K DLSS performance (which is 1080p) ray tracing off 49 fps average

Zuzu

So it's running at 1080p internal resolution and doesn't get close to a locked 60fps. Maybe there's a Nvidia driver problem? I wonder how it's running on higher end AMD cards.

Last edited:

Bojji

I was getting 110 FPS peak with 90 or so as the average with ab4090 and a Ryzen 7950 X 64gb DDR5 Ram max settings with RT. Did they not update their drivers? You could see the ingame FPS counter in our video review if you don't believe me lol.

Maybe they have something fucked in their system.

We need more reports.

Ozriel

M$FT
Not a good look to be having spotty performance on PC day one. Especially given the importance of sales on Steam in a GP world.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Yikes. My racing game this year was going to be between this and WRC, but WRC seems to be the way to go if it isn’t poorly optimized .

T4keD0wN

All sections of the video are using DLSS, I think the video in the OP is native.
Never mind, they are using DLSS performance... What the fuck is up with their PC?
Idk, i wonder if they are having the same issue i have with doom eternal where i get barely 40fps because my gpu puts itself is in power saving mode and i had to enable ray tracing to get decent framerate.
That would be hilarious, but its hard to say as they only show in-game metrics so we dont see gpu usage/clock speeds. I dont think thats it.
Most likely some issue with lovelave/drivers, GPU control software, power settings or video capture software (i had some combination of those problems in all Forza games so far).

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Seems fine to me looks like they Fucked up

Elder Legend Elder Legend played on pc and didnt have any issues as far as im aware. No other reviews seem to mention performance being an issue either so......

Top Bottom