• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0: Phantom Liberty | PC/Console Performance|Screenshots

Pakoe

True story I actually thought it was part of the 2.0 enhancements at first! I wiped the install and reinstalled the game so never thought about mods. But I didn’t wipe the mods in Vortex and forgot I had that added lol
What mod is that?
F-for research purposes..

Roni

Gold Member
Unfortunately they fucked something up with lighting and self shadowing. If you notice npcs hair do not project hair shadows on themselves anymore. I don't know if it's because of ray reconstruction.
You're the second to comment something like this and this was working in 1.63... self-shadowing is actually big enough that if it's broken by RR, I'd disable it. This was one of the main differences between Psycho RT and Path Tracing...

Last edited:
Is it just me or this game extremely playable at low frame rates?

I have a 3090 and I'm running max settings with overdrive and ray traced reconstruction enabled and getting like 20-30 fps at 1440p ultrawide lol. The game is still buttery smooth. No stuttering whatsoever.

Last edited:

Hugare

I'm at the heist right now, PS5 (RT mode)

I dont remember the game looking this good. Its really gorgeous, even on the PS5 without PT and other RT features. I would say its one of the best looking PS5 titles easily. So, so sharp. The only blemish is the FSR ghosting, very noticeable on cars while driving.

And the performance is rock solid. Like, really rock solid. I havent experienced one drop so far, making the 30 FPS experience very smooth. Even on the Maelstrom food factory fight, it was perfect.

I'm in love all over again for this game. Played some of it with PT on my notebook (RTX 3060), and despite it looking bonkers, I chose the PS5 for a more stable experience. Had to use DLSS on balance at 1080p, which really decreases image quality, and there are tons of artifacting with PT on at such low resolutions (much better than using the old denoiser, tho)

Car sounds and handling are amazing on this patch. I always used motorcycles on my other playthroughs, but now I'm seriously considering playing with cars.
Skill tree revamp was awesome, and makes you think hard about where to invest your points.

It's now a very, very polished experience on consoles. Havent encountered one bug so far, and runs like a dream.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Perks wise, if i have a tech\smart shotgun, is it considered only smart\tech or it gets the bonus of the shotguns tree aswell? or that skill tree is just for normal shotguns?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Are all the missions linear? I'm about an hour past the prologue and every mission thus far has been "Go to next room and either stealth kill guards or shoot everything...rinse repeat."

Do you ever get Dishonored level level design in this game? Does it ever open up?

Denton

It needs to be said, CDP did amazing job optimizing this game even for low end.

This is the lowest preset, in 1080p with DLSS quality, when the game eats measly 98W of my 3080Ti. And god damn it still looks great, better than many games maxed out. RT improves the look a ton when playing, but they did good job with the rasterized lighting too.

1091500_2023092515101h1dmp.png

For comparison, a settings on which I actually play (1620p via DLDSR, RT Ultra preset, DLSS balanced)

1091500_20230925151110ffy4.png

What's everyone's cpu utilization after the update?
Disable Vsync and unlock framerate, set low resolution to be CPU limited and go to busy area like market behind Tom's Diner. I get 90+ % on all cores there.

Do you ever get Dishonored level level design in this game? Does it ever open up?
Not quite Dishonored, there is no time travel or eccentric architects building clockwork mansions, but there are plenty of missions, both in main campaign and sidequests, that allow extensive freedom of approach.

Last edited:
Is it just me or this game extremely playable at low frame rates?

I have a 3090 and I'm running max settings with overdrive and ray traced reconstruction enabled and getting like 20-30 fps at 1440p ultrawide lol. The game is still buttery smooth. No stuttering whatsoever.
Same GPU with ReBAR enabled, but I've got a much older and less powerful CPU (i5 9600K) so I'm running into some limitations there. I'm getting a stable 30fps with everything maxed out at 4K using DLSS Performance + PT + RR.

I played for a bit in ultrawide using a custom resolution and that's been pretty rock solid, too. Game looks incredible on an LG C9 OLED with HDR fixed (see this video).

GHG

I ran the Cinebench stress test and my CPU got around 49-50 degrees max. Didn't feel like heat was really an issue for me. But hard to compare two systems like that. Different MBs, RAM, etc. Also, GHG GHG mentioned updating the bios. I didn't do that either. I'm betting his system is just better optimized than mine.

Only just seen this for some reason but those temps are very low (unless you have an exotic water cooling solution?) for a cinebench run which would suggest to me the CPU wasn't running as expected. Did you monitor the frequencies at all while it was running?

Sounds to me like you either got a dud or the motherboard needed a bios update to get it up and running correctly.

Topher

Gold Member
Only just seen this for some reason but those temps are very low (unless you have an exotic water cooling solution?) for a cinebench run which would suggest to me the CPU wasn't running as expected. Did you monitor the frequencies at all while it was running?

Sounds to me like you either got a dud or the motherboard needed a bios update to get it up and running correctly.

Nah.....I just have standard non-water cooler. I didn't really monitor the frequencies. I was just following the instructions in Buggy Loop Buggy Loop 's link. You are probably right and I got a dud. I literally saw 1 fps improvement over the 5600x. Perhaps bios issue and should have updated like you said. In any case, I think it is safe to say that my results were atypical, for whatever reason. I probably pulled the return trigger a bit too quickly and could have found a solution if I researched, but its fine.

Reactions: GHG
I ran the Cinebench stress test and my CPU got around 49-50 degrees max. Didn't feel like heat was really an issue for me. But hard to compare two systems like that. Different MBs, RAM, etc. Also, GHG GHG mentioned updating the bios. I didn't do that either. I'm betting his system is just better optimized than mine.
Are you sure you ran multithreaded? Otherwise those temps are impossible on air cooler, maybe a custom water loop could do this. I don't think your system is a "dud", you are probably just using different settings.

Few more screenshots for the road.
photomode_24092023_20x2dww.png

photomode_25092023_17i2f63.png

photomode_25092023_18nmffm.png

Topher

Gold Member
Are you sure you ran multithreaded? Otherwise those temps are impossible on air cooler, maybe a custom water loop could do this. I don't think your system is a "dud", you are probably just using different settings.

Few more screenshots for the road.

Yeah, I know I ran it multithreaded. My system isn't a dud. We were speculating that the CPU I purchased might be. Settings didn't change from one CPU to the other.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
What's everyone's cpu utilization after the update? I've heard of some crazy high numbers. I'm only getting 20-30% with my 7800x3d though.
Same here actually. I do get actually higher usage but keep in mind that I completely Max the game out. I might have posted some screenshots earlier in the thread that show the overlay and the CPU usage for core. I honestly thought it would be worse. My temps stay in the mid to upper 50's most of the time. I was preparing for benchmark like '70s which I wouldn't mind since my cooling can handle that. So it seems like there is a little bit of performance back on the table, at least that 4K d
w/maxed DLSS settings.

Are all the missions linear? I'm about an hour past the prologue and every mission thus far has been "Go to next room and either stealth kill guards or shoot everything...rinse repeat."

The gunplay and enemy encounters are one of the weakest aspects of this game. Initially, from the pre-release E3 video presentations, verticality was going to be a large aspect of the game, but that was entirely stripped for the final release and no updates have reimplemented that. The only thing close to it would be if you build your character to be a sword wielding ninja with super enhanced reflexes that can leap from enemy to enemy in seconds and cut them to pieces, but after a few minutes of that you get tired of the samey animations.

Hugare

Gigs let you tackle them as you please, guns blazing or stealth

Story missions go from 8 to 80. "Infiltrate Clouds" is one of those that gives you tons of options, Deus EX style.

Play more. The beginning of the game is very linear and story heavy and its a bitch to replay, but it opens up.

DeaDPo0L84

Those with a PC running RR+PT, have you switched around to Psycho RT to see if it mitigate the ghosting and facial quality? I see some saying to use DLSS tweaks to change the profile and eliminate ghosting but just curious what others are experiencing.

Freeman76

Damn this is one excellent DLC. I just wish they would give us options on console to turn of RT and FSR because outdoors it looks sooooo shit, but interior wise most places look incredible.

Its such a shame as this is one well designed open world, just has a layer of fizzy textures over way too many surfaces. Surprised more people arent talking about it, seen a good few Yt vids that cover it.

yamaci17

I keep forgetting V doesn't have a goddamn jetpack. 140+ hours in Starfield will do that to you.
don't play ac valhalla dawn of ragnarok dlc

mild spoilers if you dare

you can practically morph into a raven anytime and travel around lol

Same here actually. I do get actually higher usage but keep in mind that I completely Max the game out. I might have posted some screenshots earlier in the thread that show the overlay and the CPU usage for core. I honestly thought it would be worse. My temps stay in the mid to upper 50's most of the time. I was preparing for benchmark like '70s which I wouldn't mind since my cooling can handle that. So it seems like there is a little bit of performance back on the table, at least that 4K d
w/maxed DLSS settings.

Oh, I'm maxing it out too. Overdrive with ray traced reconstruction on. 1440p ultrawide. That's with the 7800x3d and a 3090. I guess that means we are GPU bound?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Oh, I'm maxing it out too. Overdrive with ray traced reconstruction on. 1440p ultrawide. That's with the 7800x3d and a 3090. I guess that means we are GPU bound?
Yes except I have the 4090, hence my lower usage. I haven't tried supersampling or anything but it's definively pushing the GPU.

One I posted earlier in the thread showing the overlay

cyberpunk2077screenshoqfe6.png

Last edited:
I have some issues with the 2.0 patch specifically DLSS that causes shimmer, flicker and aliasing artifacts, otherwise game looks amazing even at 1440p DLSS Quality. The beginning tower if you start Corpo background it's everywhere even the big Display has a texture issue at times or when you finish the first mission when Jackie is driving some lights or distant lights pop in/flicker.

I have an Amd 5900X, 32Gb DDR4@3600mhz, Rtx 3080 10Gb, Windows 10 latest Nvidia Driver and I even tried previous driver same thing. I have tried many games, even Starfield with DLSS mod, Witcher 3 and other games which support DLSS and they are all perfect nothing like this.

I turn off DLSS and then the game is fine, I did troubleshooting for 2 hours, I was thinking it's a ray tracing issue, DLSS files outdated but it seems the only setting that gets rid of most of the issues is DLSS to off.

Anyone have any ideas?

Would like to point out it looks worse in motion, then when I leave that building it looks perfect, then sometimes I get flicker or pop in on characters like clothes just pop in or lights flickering, DLSS off eliminates most of these issues.
sWTHix3.jpg
cuSBLI1.jpg

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I have some issues with the 2.0 patch specifically DLSS that causes shimmer, flicker and aliasing artifacts, otherwise game looks amazing even at 1440p DLSS Quality. The beginning tower if you start Corpo background it's everywhere even the big Display has a texture issue at times or when you finish the first mission when Jackie is driving some lights or distant lights pop in/flicker.

I have an Amd 5900X, 32Gb DDR4@3600mhz, Rtx 3080 10Gb, Windows 10 latest Nvidia Driver and I even tried previous driver same thing. I have tried many games, even Starfield with DLSS mod, Witcher 3 and other games which support DLSS and they are all perfect nothing like this.

I turn off DLSS and then the game is fine, I did troubleshooting for 2 hours, I was thinking it's a ray tracing issue, DLSS files outdated but it seems the only setting that gets rid of most of the issues is DLSS to off.

Anyone have any ideas?

Would like to point out it looks worse in motion, then when I leave that building it looks perfect, then sometimes I get flicker or pop in on characters like clothes just pop in or lights flickering, DLSS off eliminates most of these issues.
sWTHix3.jpg
cuSBLI1.jpg
I have these weird flickering issues with lighting. Never had these before. Definitely a new issue with patch 2.0

Sometimes ie rtgi completely glitching out on the street with weird artifacts flickering mostly on street level.

Kenpachii

Playing the expansion, its more demanding then the base game for sure, driving around moves the fps meter from 100 fps in the main game to 80's in new expansion. V-ram also seems to be more used now.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Playing the expansion, its more demanding then the base game for sure, driving around moves the fps meter from 100 fps in the main game to 80's in new expansion. V-ram also seems to be more used now.

Amazing, CDRP one of the last few devs to actually push the hardware. Downloading now. I think I need to do Pacifica main story missions first before I can jump into DLC. I've been playing a new character the last 5 days. Changes to RPG mechanics are amazing.

Kenpachii

Wonder what the v-ram impact is going to be with that pack, not going to lie dog town the new area has a pretty steep v-ram requirement already.

GymWolf

The gunplay and enemy encounters are one of the weakest aspects of this game. Initially, from the pre-release E3 video presentations, verticality was going to be a large aspect of the game, but that was entirely stripped for the final release and no updates have reimplemented that. The only thing close to it would be if you build your character to be a sword wielding ninja with super enhanced reflexes that can leap from enemy to enemy in seconds and cut them to pieces, but after a few minutes of that you get tired of the samey animations.
I think gunplay is ok to good for an rpg, melee is pretty shit tho (i mean still better than starfield melee)

Last edited:

sertopico

You're the second to comment something like this and this was working in 1.63... self-shadowing is actually big enough that if it's broken by RR, I'd disable it. This was one of the main differences between Psycho RT and Path Tracing...
It is not RR related. It happens all the time, no matter the setting used. Also RR is not that perfect. There is quite a lot of ghosting, some reflections on some materials flicker heavily in particular circumstances and camera position, like the plastic curtains (which also glow in dark areas), water also has that firefly effect in extremely low lighting conditions, some textures also lose fine detail with RR on, others don't. Being this the first iteration I think they will improve it over time, as the "AI" starts getting more informations to work with.

Last edited:

bbeach123

Anyone have any ideas?

sWTHix3.jpg
cuSBLI1.jpg

I still have 1.63 in my ssd so yea , 2.0 dlss look weird as shit , especially in the rain . Trees and fence edge look super shimmering .

But If you enable RR you'll get like 95% quality of DLSS 1.63 back , but its had worse performance than running the game at native .

Last edited:
Top Bottom