• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield PC Performance Thread

Hoddi

Worth a read for those who want something deeper than benchmarking.

Did anyone tried this mod?

You probably shouldn't use that unless you're running the game on HDD. R&C also bypasses the file cache on SSDs though it makes an exception for HDDs.

Last edited:

Bojji

Some interesting finds here by chipsandcheese.

This doesn't explain RDNA2 performance advantage over Nvidia GPUs (usually in the same performance level).

That frame gen mod is insane. Borrowed a 4070ti from microcenter to play the new cyberpunk dlc in all it's glory but in Starfield:
3080 in akila city 50% scaling around 60fps
4070ti with frame gen in akila city 58% scaling around 110 fps.

Kenpachii

That frame gen mod is insane. Borrowed a 4070ti from microcenter to play the new cyberpunk dlc in all it's glory but in Starfield:
3080 in akila city 50% scaling around 60fps
4070ti with frame gen in akila city 58% scaling around 110 fps.

Yea game becomes a whole different level of playable once you hit that 100 fps. Makes it a lot more playable.

My goal was always 60fps and thought "that's enough". However, since getting a 4090 playing at 100+ fps feels so fluid and natural it's hard to go to anything below that.

Kenpachii

My goal was always 60fps and thought "that's enough". However, since getting a 4090 playing at 100+ fps feels so fluid and natural it's hard to go to anything below that.

It really does, shooters in general u want 100+ fps. 50-60 is janky as hell. That's what i got in the city mostly, with framegen 100+ all the way.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Booted it up on my computer (5800x, 5700xt, 16 gigs of ram, 1tb drive) and tried the game for the first time.

I turned on fsr2 and my god did it look bad. Super pixelated and jaggies everywhere. I assume I’m doing some wrong. I was using medium settings. I turned it off and it looked much better. I’m running it at 1080 on my monitor.

I’m new to pc gaming so I assume making a mistake?

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Booted it up on my computer (5800x, 5700xt, 16 gigs of ram, 1tb drive) and tried the game for the first time.

I turned on fsr2 and my god did it look bad. Super pixelated and jaggies everywhere. I assume I’m doing some wrong. I was using medium settings. I turned it off and it looked much better. I’m running it at 1080 on my monitor.

I’m new to pc gaming so I assume making a mistake?
nope

Top Bottom