• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0: Phantom Liberty | PC/Console Performance|Screenshots

Roni

Gold Member
I'm on 3070 and playing full path-tracing :messenger_winking_tongue: Drops to 25 sometimes but graphics are excellent. Except picture quality - It's bad (except for DLAA or 4K DLSS Quality) and still denoiser makes it look like low bitrate video.
Hard to resist, eh? The denoiser only gets in my nerves when it starts peppering a smooth surface with dots while trying to render very fine reflections on a slightly rough surface. But I think I only came across that problem a couple of times with Ray Reconstruction, so far. It's a lot better than the old denoiser.

Last edited:

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
Hard to resist, eh? The denoiser only gets in my nerves when it starts peppering a smooth surface with dots while trying to render very fine reflections on a slightly rough surface. But I think I only came across that problem a couple of times with Ray Reconstruction, so far. It's a lot better than the old denoiser.
Resist path-tracing? No way! The first thing I did is test it with 6 bounces and 4 rays (more rays is a waste because of denoiser) and it was mind-blowing. And before everyone said that more than 3 bounces is a waste - just try it - it make whole picture very consistent (lighting wise) and smooth.
Yeah, Ray Reconstruction makes some things better but it blurs some parts very much. 1080p-DLAA mode is still good.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I ended up disabling path tracing because it gives the image this odd oil painting effect but man, sometimes even RT lighting doesn't look good. Path traced vs ray traced lighting at Psycho.

578bleU.jpg
6HfOdou.jpg

No points for guessing which is which.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I ended up disabling path tracing because it gives the image this odd oil painting effect but man, sometimes even RT lighting doesn't look good. Path traced vs ray traced lighting at Psycho.

578bleU.jpg
6HfOdou.jpg

First is path because of the light bounce, and it's a better image minus the oily thing but thats not caused by PT, its caused by the Ray Reconstruction. Disable it and the image will remain superior in lighting with PT and no oily stuff.

Gaiff

First is path because of the light bounce, and it's a better image minus the oily thing but thats not caused by PT, its caused by the Ray Reconstruction. Disable it and the image will remain superior in lighting with PT and no oily stuff.
No...second is path traced.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Time to jump back in here and report back. Folks. Would like to see some screenshots and maybe impressions of the PC version especially

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have to boot it up but it's hard to tell on my HW with most games since I can run the majority of games at 4k144.

WitchHunter

Banned

578bleU.jpg
6HfOdou.jpg

The game looks very very good without the RT gimmicks. RT is for the idiots to buy an overpriced gpu, in order to fuel AI research : DDD.

yamaci17

Cyberpunk2077_1703424307_16-25-07-105.png
Cyberpunk2077_1701811109_00-18-29-515.png
Cyberpunk2077_1703597191_16-26-31-589.png
Cyberpunk2077_1703597471_16-31-11-305.png

I love my 3070 as it allowed me to play these path traced visuals just a bit above 30 fps :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: can't complain im just happy it is an option for folks like me

Gaiff

The game looks great with just standard lighting. Amazing with RT, and better with PT. However, PT ensures that those hard-to-reach areas with a lot of indirect lighting don't end up looking flat. This is RT Psycho vs PT.

HgStQZZ.jpeg

foqif2r.jpeg

The bounce light with PT is so much better.

yamaci17

The game looks great with just standard lighting. Amazing with RT, and better with PT. However, PT ensures that those hard-to-reach areas with a lot of indirect lighting don't end up looking flat. This is RT Psycho vs PT.

HgStQZZ.jpeg

foqif2r.jpeg

The bounce light with PT is so much better.

this was the most brutal comparison I've captured. after that I was sold on path tracing and played with it at all resolution / performance costs

Gaiff

this was the most brutal comparison I've captured. after that I was sold on path tracing and played with it at all resolution / performance costs
Completely transforms the scene. I kept PT on as well. Too many scenes where RT Psycho just didn't cut it.

Top Bottom