• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Pc Requirements and Editions Detailed

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • PC players can pre-order Forza Motorsport on the Microsoft Store and starting today for the first time, Steam, with cross-play and cross-progression available across PC and console.
  • Forza Motorsport is optimized to run across a wide range of PCs, taking advantage of cutting-edge PC hardware and technologies.
  • The iconic Nürburgring GP circuit will be available in Forza Motorsport at launch, and as part of our commitment to delivering ongoing content monthly post-launch, the Nordschleife will be coming in Spring 2024.
  • Players on PC and Xbox Series X|S who pre-order the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition or upgrade to the Premium Add-Ons Bundle can play the full game up to 5 days early.

FM_SKU_ComparisonChart_EarlyRelease_2023-bd8805fef389554dda02.png

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS​

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVidia GTX 1060 or AMD RX 5500 XT
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel i5-11600k or AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD RTX 2080 TI or AMD RX 6800 XT

We’ve optimized Forza Motorsport to look and play great across a wide range of PCs, taking advantage of cutting-edge PC hardware and technologies with real-time ray tracing on-track and maximum performance enabled by NVIDIA DLSS 2 and AMD FSR 2.2. We will continue to optimize and improve Forza Motorsport on PC after launch.

Forza Motorsport on PC supports native resolutions up to 4K and beyond, including ultrawide resolutions during on-track gameplay, HDR calibration, shader pre-compilation and pre-caching, DirectStorage for improved CPU loading, unlocked single-player framerates with or without V-Sync enabled, and more.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
DLSS 2.0 but not DLSS 3.0? What? Why?

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS​

• MINIMUM:
  • RECOMMENDED:

clarky

Gold Member
Cross play and progression between windows store and steam? Win if true.

I'm guessing this means Starfield doesn't have it.

Last edited:

skyfinch

brace yourselves for "Nordschleife isnt even ready for launch" threads guys

cant wait to finally play the game

Same thinh happened with FM 5, if I remember correctly. Nordschleife was added in later.

Sucks as it's my all time favorite track, but also nice to know that they are redoing it "from the ground up".

Vox Machina

Banned
Will grab it on Game Pass on PC. Probably won't spring for the Early Access personally as I've bounced off Forza Horizon each time I tried it out. Hopefully a more sim-style racer and the different progression grabs me more

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Yeah isn't this basically an MMO-lite? What does a 'save' even mean in that context, haha.

That means that your profile (save) exists only in the cloud. That's why it's easy for them to implement cross-save between different platforms.

I don't care for any of the online stuff and much rather have a game that (if it's good) I can enjoy years from now. Like, I still have 360 hooked up to my TV only because I play Forza Motorsport 3/4 on it...

NeonDelta

Maybe add this to op
Not sure where it came as assumed it was on the Xbox website but it’s not, got it from wario 64s twitter

NeV1RHw.jpg

Last edited:
DLSS 2.0 but not DLSS 3.0? What? Why?

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS​

• MINIMUM:
  • RECOMMENDED:
We are in an inflation recession, most people aren't buying super hardware and sporting way overpriced rtx 40 series cards (the only cards that support dlss3). Why have support dlss 3 when most won't even have it. Dlss 2 covers all the rtx 20x0 and 30x0 and 40x0 lines of cards (meaning your 4080 can still run dlss2 along with the other cards).
Now if they were to offer both sure, but usually they don't do that (although they really should, make everyone happy, not like MS is hurting for money to do it.)

Last I remember when dlss 3 was in a game, they didn't have dlss 2 or 1 so the majority got screwed there.
Also chances are if you have the money to be using top end hardware and 4k monitor you probably can get 60 fps without dlss, especially in a game that only needs a 1060 for min requirements and a 2080ti / 3060ti as recommended.
The people with the lower/older cards are going to need dlss more anyway.
If they could offer both options then that would be ideal.

At least i would expect them to optimize this game. I had no problem getting 60+fps with Forza 7 back when I had a 1060, I hope it's the same with this game and a 2000/3000 series card

I'm probably completely wrong, but isn't DLSS 3 just 2 with frame generation? I thought frame gen could be turned on via software (NCP).

I don't have a 40xx card and DLSS 3 has always sort of confused me.
you're right. DLSS 3 is DLSS 2 with frame gen. technically, it's FG and Low Latency but DLSS 2 has low latency.

you can't use FG unless you have a 4000 card. maybe i read it wrong but you can't turn on FG in NCP if you have a 2000-300 card. FG isn't enabled in NCP but in game.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
We are in an inflation recession, most people aren't buying super hardware and sporting way overpriced rtx 40 series cards (the only cards that support dlss3). Why have support dlss 3 when most won't even have it. Dlss 2 covers all the rtx 20x0 and 30x0 and 40x0 lines of cards (meaning your 4080 can still run dlss2 along with the other cards).
Now if they were to offer both sure, but usually they don't do that (although they really should, make everyone happy, not like MS is hurting for money to do it.)

Last I remember when dlss 3 was in a game, they didn't have dlss 2 or 1 so the majority got screwed there.
Also chances are if you have the money to be using top end hardware and 4k monitor you probably can get 60 fps without dlss, especially in a game that only needs a 1060 for min requirements and a 2080ti / 3060ti as recommended.
The people with the lower/older cards are going to need dlss more anyway.
If they could offer both options then that would be ideal.

At least i would expect them to optimize this game. I had no problem getting 60+fps with Forza 7 back when I had a 1060, I hope it's the same with this game and a 2000/3000 series card

Yeah, you're fucking right. Let's halt all the progress because some people have it tough right now.

Vox Machina

Banned
That means that your profile (save) exists only in the cloud. That's why it's easy for them to implement cross-save between different platforms.

I don't care for any of the online stuff and much rather have a game that (if it's good) I can enjoy years from now. Like, I still have 360 hooked up to my TV only because I play Forza Motorsport 3/4 on it...

Yeah I mean I know what cross save is. I was just commenting on the weirdness of saying a game has cross-save in a game where you don't "save" the game.

Yeah, you're fucking right. Let's halt all the progress because some people have it tough right now.
LOL... you obviously didn't read where I said it would be ideal if they included both, but these companies usually cheap out and only provide one or the other.
If there is a choice, of course they are going to go with what is going to help more people. 4000x series cards also work with dlss 1, and 2.

Then again, this is M$.. If they can afford to spend billions for ABK and Bethesda, what is a few weeks time and dollars to put in more optimizations and settings.
People shouldn't be giving ms a free pass. We know how much they have. It's why when they cut stuff, I would give other studios the benefit of the doubt, not ms, as they have the funds.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
LOL... you obviously didn't read where I said it would be ideal if they included both, but these companies usually cheap out and only provide one or the other.
If there is a choice, of course they are going to go with what is going to help more people. 4000x series cards also work with dlss 1, and 2.

Then again, this is M$.. If they can afford to spend billions for ABK and Bethesda, what is a few weeks time and dollars to put in more optimizations and settings.
People shouldn't be giving ms a free pass. We know how much they have. It's why when they cut stuff, I would give other studios the benefit of the doubt, not ms, as they have the funds.

Amen. It's not some random single person first game indie project we're talking about here. There should be no mercy for them.

This is a big issue and why i hate always online games. People are like "just go play the new ones", but they don't realize that these games are a slice of time.
The new games may have shinier graphics, but not the cars from that era.
I still have need for speed shift 1 and 2 installed on my pc and steam deck as I love the feel of speed and damage from that game, I can't get it anywhere else, quite the same.

Also have the older gt games for the car collections. GT7 doesn't have the older and special cars from gt6, and under. Some brands aren't even in the newest game, like Lotus.

Glad this game is on steam, I just hope they patch the always online stuff out when they shut the servers down, but I doubt it.

damidu

• Players on PC and Xbox Series X|S who pre-order the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition or upgrade to the Premium Add-Ons Bundle can play the full game up to 5 days early.
lol so this a new xbox standard now to make money from first party i guess.
thanks to idiots falling in line.

hlm666

PC is having a pretty damn good end to the year. I don't have time for all this, wish I was 20 again with all the time and stamina youth brings to have a chance to play all of it.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
DLSS 3 can still come later.

Forza Horizon 5 did not have DLSS nor FSR at first.
They introduced DLSS2 and FSR in an update, and later added DLSS3 FG in another one.

So it can still come to the game, hopefully with the new 3.5 features.

Top Bottom