• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 7: Invasion

Yup but alot of people just assumed he was gonna either be the secret skin or apart of the battle pass. or an item shop skin, awesome to know he's the crew pack skin for July. now that makes two marvel villains lol, we have doctor doom, Mystique, venom, task master, and these two lol.
Wait, how does that make two Marvel villains?? I'm not understanding something here lol.
Well that's about the only one really I meant. the apply shields and deal damage to other players were easy. it was the assist teammates with eliminations because other enemy players were darting about across the arena like the flash. It was hard to get precise shots on them to let your teammates finish them off. I actually did that dance on an opponent at camp cod. he was sweating his ass off and got a good shotgun blasts on him before using my heavy assault r
The 'assist' with elims challenge was easy but tedious, for the most part you just had to damage any enemy at least once and the moment they respawned (even when running into the team selector at the start) it'd count as an assist.

Lol, I was occasionally part of the Camp Co's Gang when Jules was there. Not anymore :p

Epic: Hey Ninty, let's put Samus in Fortnite. We'll also include an LTM featuring her Varia Suit capabilities, it'd be so fucking awesome!

Nintendo: We appreciate the offer to collaborate but no, we will not allow Samus to appear on non-Nintendo platforms. Also, no swearing please. However, you are allowed to implement your own take on the Varia Suit, just make sure it looks nothing like ours and there will be no issue.

Varia Suit in Fortnite:

Wait, how does that make two Marvel villains?? I'm not understanding something here lol.

The 'assist' with elims challenge was easy but tedious, for the most part you just had to damage any enemy at least once and the moment they respawned (even when running into the team selector at the start) it'd count as an assist.

Lol, I was occasionally part of the Camp Co's Gang when Jules was there. Not anymore :p

Thanos and loki. the mad titan comes out in the item shop tonight lol. and you hit the nail on the head lmao. tedious is one of the ways to describe that challenge. as for yesterday's was mad easy. very grindy but still easy once I bought a rocket launcher. that was it, easy eliminations and whenever my teammates got downed would pick them up and revive them under the stairs. ah, I don't land at camp cod as much unless I need to fish or do a daily challenge there. been mostly landing at catty corner recently. lots of stone, wood and metal and foraged items as well. plus a campfire to tank the storm damage.

5GJkcny.jpg

YES!! Finally a red,white and blue wrap that may fit captain america!! Okay the colors are bit lighter on the wrap but its between this and the ka-bang wrap for captain and superman.

vNDMWwK.jpg

And finally....unlocked her last night after playing two failed duos matches. it's a shame people now just call it a default skin despite it being cool looking. I guess if you see it thousands times you'd hate it too.

Thanos and loki. the mad titan comes out in the item shop tonight lol. and you hit the nail on the head lmao. tedious is one of the ways to describe that challenge. as for yesterday's was mad easy. very grindy but still easy once I bought a rocket launcher. that was it, easy eliminations and whenever my teammates got downed would pick them up and revive them under the stairs. ah, I don't land at camp cod as much unless I need to fish or do a daily challenge there. been mostly landing at catty corner recently. lots of stone, wood and metal and foraged items as well. plus a campfire to tank the storm damage.
Ah gotcha, you meant to say two Marvel (or even MCU in this particular case) villains incoming.

Well, I grinded quite a bit over the weekend and reviving 20 people in Pro 100 was probably the worst challenge in recent memory. The map and mode just isn't very conducive for it because it has so many points of failure.

Assisting eliminations in Zone Wars was primarily about dishing out damage to as many people as you can and the moment the next round starts you more or less would get an assist per unique person you damaged, unless they were the winner of that lobby lol.

I don't have a favoured drop spot this season, that probably says quite a bit about how the team has tweaked the map. Funnily enough the central area is a cold spot now in my experience.

5GJkcny.jpg

YES!! Finally a red,white and blue wrap that may fit captain america!! Okay the colors are bit lighter on the wrap but its between this and the ka-bang wrap for captain and superman.

vNDMWwK.jpg

And finally....unlocked her last night after playing two failed duos matches. it's a shame people now just call it a default skin despite it being cool looking. I guess if you see it thousands times you'd hate it too.
Ugh, his shield BB is one of the hardest to match because of its sheer size. Out of 200+ skins I'd estimate less than ten working well with it. Thankfully it's a nice pickaxe, so there's that.

I understand what they mean by default, everyone who installed Epic Games Launcher and played a bit would obtain the skin. It's similar to the free skins they gave out each winter, those are considered as 'defaults' lol. I don't really like most of their themed reskins (Shadow, Lava, Frost etc.) but it's a good way to let people get their hands on alternate versions of BP skins, like the upcoming Magma Ragnarok.

Ah gotcha, you meant to say two Marvel (or even MCU in this particular case) villains incoming.

Well, I grinded quite a bit over the weekend and reviving 20 people in Pro 100 was probably the worst challenge in recent memory. The map and mode just isn't very conducive for it because it has so many points of failure.

Assisting eliminations in Zone Wars was primarily about dishing out damage to as many people as you can and the moment the next round starts you more or less would get an assist per unique person you damaged, unless they were the winner of that lobby lol.

I don't have a favoured drop spot this season, that probably says quite a bit about how the team has tweaked the map. Funnily enough the central area is a cold spot now in my experience.

Yup, it's funny but it's still interesting that thanos is finally a skin. there was so much clickbait during chapter 1 and during the infinity war/endgame LTM's. about a Thanos skin if you win lol. now we finally have him in game, same with loki you'd think he would of been one of the main mcu skins to release along side chapter 4 of season 2. for me personally pro 100 is alot of fun and the revive teammates challenge isn't so bad. as it's more grindy, time consuming and about timing. most of the time players of the other team will come guns blazing into our side of the map. so trying to revive them at the right time is crucial. of course there is the thing about downed players respawning to it makes the challenge difficult in that regard. otherwise it was pretty easy for me but a bit tedious and time consuming imo. yup, tbh I don't have one either, it use to be camp cod, and now I've gotten bored of it. the middle poi of map is welcomed imo, every point of interest that includes a boss and mythic is a pain In the ass to hot drop at. Midas, Jules, shadow midas, spire assassin, spire raz. just a pain to go after because of some chance they either kill you or another player sneaks up to get in a free shot.

Ugh, his shield BB is one of the hardest to match because of its sheer size. Out of 200+ skins I'd estimate less than ten working well with it. Thankfully it's a nice pickaxe, so there's that.

I understand what they mean by default, everyone who installed Epic Games Launcher and played a bit would obtain the skin. It's similar to the free skins they gave out each winter, those are considered as 'defaults' lol. I don't really like most of their themed reskins (Shadow, Lava, Frost etc.) but it's a good way to let people get their hands on alternate versions of BP skins, like the upcoming Magma Ragnarok.

Yeah, it is pretty bulky and doesn't seem to me go great with alot of skins. but oh well, funny enough I equipped it onto Deadpool, and hulk smasher pickaxes lol. and yeah, everyone was basically looking for ways to obtain it on PC. some found ways through the epic games store, but they patched it. I actually like the different series skins, makes lockers look visually appealing to gaze or skim through Imo.

Yup, it's funny but it's still interesting that thanos is finally a skin. there was so much clickbait during chapter 1 and during the infinity war/endgame LTM's. about a Thanos skin if you win lol. now we finally have him in game, same with loki you'd think he would of been one of the main mcu skins to release along side chapter 4 of season 2. for me personally pro 100 is alot of fun and the revive teammates challenge isn't so bad. as it's more grindy, time consuming and about timing. most of the time players of the other team will come guns blazing into our side of the map. so trying to revive them at the right time is crucial. of course there is the thing about downed players respawning to it makes the challenge difficult in that regard. otherwise it was pretty easy for me but a bit tedious and time consuming imo. yup, tbh I don't have one either, it use to be camp cod, and now I've gotten bored of it. the middle poi of map is welcomed imo, every point of interest that includes a boss and mythic is a pain In the ass to hot drop at. Midas, Jules, shadow midas, spire assassin, spire raz. just a pain to go after because of some chance they either kill you or another player sneaks up to get in a free shot.
Probably some agreement with Marvel or also because Epic hadn't yet figured out how they'd want to implement the chunky characters (first one was The Scientist IIRC).

I think Thanos was featured in Fortnite twice, though I only got to play it the second time round which was in 2019 in the Endgame LTM, which was a lot of fun if you got the right equipment.

That's the thing, reviving was dependent on enemies not thirsting, not spamming the doorway with rockets, teammates not respawning.

In Zone Wars you only needed to damage opponents and that was it. As long as you or the people you damaged didnt rage quit upon receiving damage, they'd count as an assist soon enough. Headshots was the one that really needed you to wade in to dangerous waters lol, though I eventually got it done, mostly via a mix of sneaking, rushing and fortuitous matchmaking (the real tryhards are impossible for me).
Yeah, it is pretty bulky and doesn't seem to me go great with alot of skins. but oh well, funny enough I equipped it onto Deadpool, and hulk smasher pickaxes lol. and yeah, everyone was basically looking for ways to obtain it on PC. some found ways through the epic games store, but they patched it. I actually like the different series skins, makes lockers look visually appealing to gaze or skim through Imo.
Hulk Smashers are fun for some characters because they add either some badassery or goofiness, Cap's shield is just...obscuring my characters for the most part lol.

Hah I already have a very nice locker with very, very few regret purchases :D

Probably some agreement with Marvel or also because Epic hadn't yet figured out how they'd want to implement the chunky characters (first one was The Scientist IIRC).

I think Thanos was featured in Fortnite twice, though I only got to play it the second time round which was in 2019 in the Endgame LTM, which was a lot of fun if you got the right equipment.

That's the thing, reviving was dependent on enemies not thirsting, not spamming the doorway with rockets, teammates not respawning.

In Zone Wars you only needed to damage opponents and that was it. As long as you or the people you damaged didnt rage quit upon receiving damage, they'd count as an assist soon enough. Headshots was the one that really needed you to wade in to dangerous waters lol, though I eventually got it done, mostly via a mix of sneaking, rushing and fortuitous matchmaking (the real tryhards are impossible for me).

Hulk Smashers are fun for some characters because they add either some badassery or goofiness, Cap's shield is just...obscuring my characters for the most part lol.

Hah I already have a very nice locker with very, very few regret purchases :D

You're most likely right. I reckon it was agreed between epic and marvel. plus around the time of those LTM's and the avengers collaboration I'd when epic and fortnite really took off in terms of money, tech and development. and yeah, I reckon they'll possibly find more ways to introduce even more unique body types and shapes. they already doing that with one of the BP character zyg. oh yeah me too, I only participated in the Endgame LTM when it first launched. it was alot of fun whether you played as the chitauri or as someone who had acquired most of the avengers weapons. my favorite one captain america's shield and thors stormbreaker. I loved jumping in the air and throwing caps shield from distances. I think I only got to play as thanos once or twice, it was really random whoever was picked to be him. you had to fight with chitauri players to obtain the infinity stones before being chosen. And yeah it's annoying when someone is spamming rocket after rocket at the doorway. still as long as you have someone covering the door and you are under the stairs. You can easily revive a teammate no question. but you have to someone covering the door to keep away tryhards. it's funny, but I legit had some get pissed off by me spamming rockets only to own them in the minutes. and yes lol the hulk Smashers can either be great with certain skins and some outright dumb fun. I equipped them onto iron man and they didn't look as bad as I thought they'd look on his armored style. that's awesome, either way as long as you enjoy the skins you find appealing then it's a win win in my book.

You should drop at Steel Farm with this skin every time if you know what I mean, lol.

Wait...what do you mean by that? now I'm curious lol.

they already doing that with one of the BP character zyg.
I wasn't stoked by Zyg at first glance but upon closer inspection he's extremely dope for this season's meme skin. His glider is definitely the best cosmetic in the set however.
my favorite one captain america's shield and thors stormbreaker. I loved jumping in the air and throwing caps shield from distances.
Did you ever use the "Charging Star" move using Cap's shield? It was a fun W-key alternative lol.
captainamerica-chargingstar.gif

You can easily revive a teammate no question. but you have to someone covering the door to keep away tryhards.
Probably a matter of luck. I had numerous games where the enemy team just rushed through with rockets and proceeded to spawn camp. Seriously, the idea to revive 20 times in that mode is a troll move. I had a lot more fun going for the 10 headshots, tough challenge sure but it made more sense.
the hulk Smashers can either be great with certain skins and some outright dumb fun.
They look great on red+gold Ultima Knight :D
Wait...what do you mean by that? now I'm curious lol
After Thanos snapped he went on to become a farmer on some distant planet or something, until his location got doxxed by the Avengers and they went to serve him some hot revenge lol.

I wasn't stoked by Zyg at first glance but upon closer inspection he's extremely dope for this season's meme skin. His glider is definitely the best cosmetic in the set however.

Did you ever use the "Charging Star" move using Cap's shield? It was a fun W-key alternative lol.
captainamerica-chargingstar.gif

Probably a matter of luck. I had numerous games where the enemy team just rushed through with rockets and proceeded to spawn camp. Seriously, the idea to revive 20 times in that mode is a troll move. I had a lot more fun going for the 10 headshots, tough challenge sure but it made more sense.

They look great on red+gold Ultima Knight :D

After Thanos snapped he went on to become a farmer on some distant planet or something, until his location got doxxed by the Avengers and they went to serve him some hot revenge lol.

Yeah he's literally my favorite skin out of the BP. though kymera is a very close second, but I overall adore this entire BP. More so than chapter 2 season 5 imo. yup I sure did lol, and yeah it boils down to timing and luck. for me personally I think it was because after he were killing them so much that they basically began to back off and snipe from across. that and my team would go bum rushing them head on. only a few stayed behind. but yeah it's basically epic trolling players lol. Put out a challenge and watch people have to do it a bunch of times to complete. And ah I see where you were saying, yeah and he got basically ganged up on by the Avengers I get the joke lol.

That female skin in the background with a pickaxe seems new. Looking forward to seeing what she looks like in the shop.

And yea, this has to be the best period to get a subscription seeing as it nets you MCM's set, her four loading screens and lobby track and Loki's set, though I'm guessing the glider might be sold separately.

Edit: Looking through the subreddit it seems the glider is part of the crew pack, nice.
Yeah he's literally my favorite skin out of the BP. though kymera is a very close second, but I overall adore this entire BP. More so than chapter 2 season 5 imo. yup I sure did lol, and yeah it boils down to timing and luck. for me personally I think it was because after he were killing them so much that they basically began to back off and snipe from across. that and my team would go bum rushing them head on. only a few stayed behind. but yeah it's basically epic trolling players lol. Put out a challenge and watch people have to do it a bunch of times to complete. And ah I see where you were saying, yeah and he got basically ganged up on by the Avengers I get the joke lol.
Kymera is great but it's gonna be a chore to unlock all his options. Still a much better bargain than Maya where our choices were locked in.

Well yea at least one challenge per mode will require multiple attempts but the revive challenge is particularly reviled.

I did have one game where someone on the enemy team helped me get a few revives and my teammate didn't use the respaen button either. Without their help it would have taken even longer.

From what you described, you got lucky in your lobby and the enemy team was unlucky, since your team spawncamped them. It'd be a different story if your team waited for each enemy to revive before blowing them up again, but in my experience that almost never happens.

Last edited:
i don't know what it is but i'm all of a sudden hooked on this game. i've had it installed since BR launched and i ended up buying StW which is what i mainly played but haven't touched that in a while (since 2018 maybe). I'd only really play 1 or 2 matches of BR at the start of each new season to see what was new or if there was an event that caught my attention. I never bothered deleting the game cause my little cousin is always on my PC playing it when he's staying over.

This season i done the same...came in and checked it out but i just can't get enough of it. i've been playing every day and not just a couple matches. i am playing for hours and need to force myself to stop. I've actually had the tetris effect and seen the game in my sleep! Might sound pathetic but whatever. I guess Fortnite is my new game addiction. For years it's been Rocket League (my most played game of all time) but all I want to play is Fortnite now. I don't know what's changed in the game (or my head) for it to finally click but I'm having so much fun :)

So i guess the point of my post is really to ask for tips/advice and what are the best places to learn more about the game and to keep up to date with it? Only been following on twitter.

thanks!

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
i don't know what it is but i'm all of a sudden hooked on this game. i've had it installed since BR launched and i ended up buying StW which is what i mainly played but haven't touched that in a while (since 2018 maybe). I'd only really play 1 or 2 matches of BR at the start of each new season to see what was new or if there was an event that caught my attention. I never bothered deleting the game cause my little cousin is always on my PC playing it when he's staying over.

This season i done the same...came in and checked it out but i just can't get enough of it. i've been playing every day and not just a couple matches. i am playing for hours and need to force myself to stop. I've actually had the tetris effect and seen the game in my sleep! Might sound pathetic but whatever. I guess Fortnite is my new game addiction. For years it's been Rocket League (my most played game of all time) but all I want to play is Fortnite now. I don't know what's changed in the game (or my head) for it to finally click but I'm having so much fun :)

So i guess the point of my post is really to ask for tips/advice and what are the best places to learn more about the game and to keep up to date with it? Only been following on twitter.

thanks!

I'm in the same boat. Used to play a few rounds here and there a couple of years back, but left. Yet here I am again. I had no interest in the game, but my son recently started playing and kept yapping about us playing together. Eventually I caved and installed it again. God damnit! I've been completely hooked ever since. I play almost everyday, and I've even invested money in crew packs, skins and fucking emotes. Something I never EVER thought I'd do. (Totally in love with Doggo and Ant-Man).

The game is just so much fun to play, and I think the inclusion of bots changed everything for me. It allowed us to actually win a bunch of matches and feel successful initially. Now the bots are fewer and farther between because of our levels (I guess?), but we still manage to squeeze in a couple of wins here and there against mostly humans.

Pure fun, this shitto is!

thanks!
77zIRII.gif

That female skin in the background with a pickaxe seems new. Looking forward to seeing what she looks like in the shop.

And yea, this has to be the best period to get a subscription seeing as it nets you MCM's set, her four loading screens and lobby track and Loki's set, though I'm guessing the glider might be sold separately.

Edit: Looking through the subreddit it seems the glider is part of the crew pack, nice.

Kymera is great but it's gonna be a chore to unlock all his options. Still a much better bargain than Maya where our choices were locked in.

Well yea at least one challenge per mode will require multiple attempts but the revive challenge is particularly reviled.

I did have one game where someone on the enemy team helped me get a few revives and my teammate didn't use the respaen button either. Without their help it would have taken even longer.

From what you described, you got lucky in your lobby and the enemy team was unlucky, since your team spawncamped them. It'd be a different story if your team waited for each enemy to revive before blowing them up again, but in my experience that almost never happens.

Oh yeah, definitely a perfect time to be a crew subscriber. you get two really good skins/pickaxes, loading screens and 1,000 v bucks along with the season 7 BP definitely a good deal imo. the glider reminds of starlords, not so much the colors but the little animation when it comes out of a portal. yeah it's gonna be very time consuming to collect all of the styles for kymera. my strategy has been basically buy all the expensive ones and save the cheapest ones for last. And huh didn't know alot of people hated pro 100 or the challenge associated with it. I don't know if it was luck or just that our team was more aggressive. regardless I'm glad it's done and I don't have to deal with it again. it was tedious if I'm being honest lol.

Oh yeah, definitely a perfect time to be a crew subscriber. you get two really good skins/pickaxes, loading screens and 1,000 v bucks along with the season 7 BP definitely a good deal imo. the glider reminds of starlords, not so much the colors but the little animation when it comes out of a portal. yeah it's gonna be very time consuming to collect all of the styles for kymera. my strategy has been basically buy all the expensive ones and save the cheapest ones for last. And huh didn't know alot of people hated pro 100 or the challenge associated with it. I don't know if it was luck or just that our team was more aggressive. regardless I'm glad it's done and I don't have to deal with it again. it was tedious if I'm being honest lol.
Yea now that you bring it up, both pickaxes are dope. Frankly just the lobby music already pushes this crew pack into the stratosphere.

I haven't seen the glider in action but personally the skin and pickaxe are definitely the highlights, no opinions on his cape yet.

My Kymera strat is just to leave the banner logos for last lol. I'd say getting the armour colours and glows are probably the smartest option since they also unlock for the back bling.

You definitely got lucky in Pro 100 and that was my issue with it: if you were lucky someone could help you get all revives in one match. If you were unlucky you might get one or no revives in 30 minutes. There was certainly luck involved in Zone Wars too but simply playing smart (eg. sneaking about landing long distance shots) would get you assists. You had to put effort to not get assists lol.

But yea most of them are tedious because they're fairly lengthy, even the Freaky Flights stuff. Eliminating people while on the plane is definitely the PITA one and that's generally how it goes with these: three challenges, one is a giveaway, one is a PITA and one is in between.

thanks!
Lol, maybe it's an Epic curse after they acquired Rocket League. But seriously this season is great if you're in it just for a fun time.

YouTube's a fairly good resource and SypherPK had some videos that I enjoyed like so:

Ultimately it depends on how far you want to go. If you want to sweat it out with the pro-levels you'll probably want to find people to constantly duel with in Creative mode.

I'm in the same boat. Used to play a few rounds here and there a couple of years back, but left. Yet here I am again. I had no interest in the game, but my son recently started playing and kept yapping about us playing together. Eventually I caved and installed it again. God damnit! I've been completely hooked ever since. I play almost everyday, and I've even invested money in crew packs, skins and fucking emotes. Something I never EVER thought I'd do. (Totally in love with Doggo and Ant-Man).

The game is just so much fun to play, and I think the inclusion of bots changed everything for me. It allowed us to actually win a bunch of matches and feel successful initially. Now the bots are fewer and farther between because of our levels (I guess?), but we still manage to squeeze in a couple of wins here and there against mostly humans.

Pure fun, this shitto is!
Yep, Fortnite has been steadily making tweaks and changes to grow and retain a more casual base because they probably identified long ago that if left unchecked the upper tier of players would drive everyone away (unintentionally), the skill gap is just too big.

The bots have seen tweaks and improvements over time but one thing Epic still hasn't done is let them operate vehicles; anytime you hear a vehicle moving you know it's a real player.

And well, on one hand I want to give kudos to you and your son but on the other hand this is how companies get your money, lol. Still, Epic has certainly done a lot to improve Fortnite which deserves support, even though it's been years since the explosive profits of 2018.

Lupin3

And well, on one hand I want to give kudos to you and your son but on the other hand this is how companies get your money, lol.

I'm well aware of that! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

But in this case I found it to be ok. It's a F2P game, and I've gotten a huge amount of hours of fun out of it, yet spent half of a regular full priced game. That said, I can totally see, and feel, the danger of wanting to spend a lot more later on. But hey, as long as one can afford it, handle it, and find value and fun in it. At least you get what you pay for, no disgusting random elements involved. But prices for skins sure could use a hefty cut nonetheless.

And to be fair. Epic gets my money because they deliver the entertainment I want.

I'm well aware of that! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

But in this case I found it to be ok. It's a F2P game, and I've gotten a huge amount of hours of fun out of it, yet spent half of a regular full priced game. That said, I can totally see, and feel, the danger of wanting to spend a lot more later on. But hey, as long as one can afford it, handle it, and find value and fun in it. At least you get what you pay for, no disgusting random elements involved. But prices for skins sure could use a hefty cut nonetheless.

And to be fair. Epic gets my money because they deliver the entertainment I want.
The bolded is key, which you alluded to at the start; being aware and in (self) control is what's important.

Yup, I've always been of the opinion that the cosmetics are overpriced, it's not something that can be denied with any knowledge of relative DLC prices.

Having said that, the Battle Pass has always been the best deal hands down and in the past few years they've upped the quality of their cosmetics immensely as well as offer discounts on bundles, which depending on one's perspective, is either another way of fleecing your money or good value :D

P.S. Feel free to let your son know there are cool uncles playing this game as well, lol!

Lupin3

The bolded is key, which you alluded to at the start; being aware and in (self) control is what's important.

Yup, I've always been of the opinion that the cosmetics are overpriced, it's not something that can be denied with any knowledge of relative DLC prices.

Having said that, the Battle Pass has always been the best deal hands down and in the past few years they've upped the quality of their cosmetics immensely as well as offer discounts on bundles, which depending on one's perspective, is either another way of fleecing your money or good value :D

P.S. Feel free to let your son know there are cool uncles playing this game as well, lol!

Yeah, the Battle Pass sure brings a lot for a smaller amount of money. Do you know how long the current one will last? I'm lvl 42 or something, and all I want is Rick and Toxic Rick. Not sure I'll be able to reach them in time though (here comes the urge to pay for levels, yikes). My quests seems to be drying up a little. I mostly have these spread out 12k quests left now. Are more 30k quests coming weekly?

Also, I'll let him know! ;)

Yeah, the Battle Pass sure brings a lot for a smaller amount of money. Do you know how long the current one will last? I'm lvl 42 or something, and all I want is Rick and Toxic Rick. Not sure I'll be able to reach them in time though (here comes the urge to pay for levels, yikes). My quests seems to be drying up a little. I mostly have these spread out 12k quests left now. Are more 30k quests coming weekly?

Also, I'll let him know! ;)
Off the top of my head this season is slated to last till the 12th of September. You'll definitely be over level 100 unless you go on long breaks and skip stuff.

That said, the Legendary Quests (in gold colour) expire on a weekly basis, so make sure you clear them in time. Epic Quests (purple) stay throughout the season, but much like home/work, it can be daunting if you pile it all up into the last week lol.

Also, you can rack up some XP by playing in the Summer Quests that are currently active. While playing those, you'll probably also hit hidden milestones (travel X distance in a vehicle, deal X amount of explosive damage, get X elims with various weapons etc.) which unlock 12,000 XP each time.

And if you need a weekly cheat sheet, thesquatingdog is your man, he's been really consistent with these for the past few years.

Lupin3

Off the top of my head this season is slated to last till the 12th of September. You'll definitely be over level 100 unless you go on long breaks and skip stuff.

That said, the Legendary Quests (in gold colour) expire on a weekly basis, so make sure you clear them in time. Epic Quests (purple) stay throughout the season, but much like home/work, it can be daunting if you pile it all up into the last week lol.

Also, you can rack up some XP by playing in the Summer Quests that are currently active. While playing those, you'll probably also hit hidden milestones (travel X distance in a vehicle, deal X amount of explosive damage, get X elims with various weapons etc.) which unlock 12,000 XP each time.

And if you need a weekly cheat sheet, thesquatingdog is your man, he's been really consistent with these for the past few years.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Will come in handy. So the Battle Pass stays the entire season? It is a little unclear in the game, but then I'll hopefully reach lvl 132 in time. Can't miss that Rick skin no matter what, heh.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Will come in handy. So the Battle Pass stays the entire season? It is a little unclear in the game, but then I'll hopefully reach lvl 132 in time. Can't miss that Rick skin no matter what, heh.
Yup you have till the end of the season to earn XP, level up and obtain the rewards.

By the way, and I'm saying this knowing that it might be habit-forming, the three Daily Quests are a decent source of XP at 17,000 each, so you might want to check it daily after it's refreshed (the time remaining is shown on any such Quests with an expiry).

I'm mentioning this because some of these quests are effectively free XP, with criteria like "Reach 100 Shield and Health", "Land at X location", "Consume 3 apples/cabbages/bananas" etc.

With some experience of the island's layout you can sometimes clear two or even all three of these quests in one match within the first five minutes.

P.S. I don't follow Rick & Morty but all the best with getting the skin!

Lupin3

Yup you have till the end of the season to earn XP, level up and obtain the rewards.

By the way, and I'm saying this knowing that it might be habit-forming, the three Daily Quests are a decent source of XP at 17,000 each, so you might want to check it daily after it's refreshed (the time remaining is shown on any such Quests with an expiry).

I'm mentioning this because some of these quests are effectively free XP, with criteria like "Reach 100 Shield and Health", "Land at X location", "Consume 3 apples/cabbages/bananas" etc.

With some experience of the island's layout you can sometimes clear two or even all three of these quests in one match within the first five minutes.

P.S. I don't follow Rick & Morty but all the best with getting the skin!

Thanks. And I take it the BP rewards are never available as separate purchases later on?

Thanks. And I take it the BP rewards are never available as separate purchases later on?
You're welcome! Yea Epic has specifically stated that BP cosmetics are only available during their respective season and won't be available again in future.

If you want both styles of Rick, then definitely farm the easy XP stuff like I mentioned earlier. Level 132 should easily be within your reach (I'm at 80 currently) but it's better to overshoot the level than be sorry.

In fact, assuming you're able to play daily, you would comfortably reach your goal by leveling up once per day, which is more than doable since the weekly quests typically grant you a few levels on their own.

Yea now that you bring it up, both pickaxes are dope. Frankly just the lobby music already pushes this crew pack into the stratosphere.

I haven't seen the glider in action but personally the skin and pickaxe are definitely the highlights, no opinions on his cape yet.

My Kymera strat is just to leave the banner logos for last lol. I'd say getting the armour colours and glows are probably the smartest option since they also unlock for the back bling.

You definitely got lucky in Pro 100 and that was my issue with it: if you were lucky someone could help you get all revives in one match. If you were unlucky you might get one or no revives in 30 minutes. There was certainly luck involved in Zone Wars too but simply playing smart (eg. sneaking about landing long distance shots) would get you assists. You had to put effort to not get assists lol.

But yea most of them are tedious because they're fairly lengthy, even the Freaky Flights stuff. Eliminating people while on the plane is definitely the PITA one and that's generally how it goes with these: three challenges, one is a giveaway, one is a PITA and one is in between.

Absolutely love the lobby music they gave us. been rocking it on MCM and lexa lol. yeah it's your standard handle bar glider. What makes it good imo is the animation of it coming out of portal like in the avengers movie when he and the chitauri invade NYC. ah I see, I want my kymera to stand out so I've been purchasing the head, jaw and eyes, next is the armor and glow and I'll save up to buy out the rest. Freaky Flights is definitely by far the most tedious imo. an entire team spawn camp us, by hiding on the sides with rockets and spamming them. I guess now I know how some Pro 100 players felt. what's most tedious is the 25 eliminations in X-storm wing. I'm currently at 15 by my god is it boring to sit there and shoot/spam rockets.

Absolutely love the lobby music they gave us. been rocking it on MCM and lexa lol. yeah it's your standard handle bar glider. What makes it good imo is the animation of it coming out of portal like in the avengers movie when he and the chitauri invade NYC. ah I see, I want my kymera to stand out so I've been purchasing the head, jaw and eyes, next is the armor and glow and I'll save up to buy out the rest. Freaky Flights is definitely by far the most tedious imo. an entire team spawn camp us, by hiding on the sides with rockets and spamming them. I guess now I know how some Pro 100 players felt. what's most tedious is the 25 eliminations in X-storm wing. I'm currently at 15 by my god is it boring to sit there and shoot/spam rockets.
Yea Sunny's Song and Mecha Power have both been musical blessings in June for me. It was a double whammy of dope songs. I haven't properly listened to Aliens and UFO's by O2 but I enjoyed their virtual concert quite a lot so it might have been a triple threat lol!

Yea I tried out Loki's glider for a few games and I like it. As you said the entrance animation is very cool and I don't mind the hang glide pose (really it's for balance purposes: people need to know where to shoot when you're gliding on that) and I love the alien engine hum as you soar around.

Funnily enough, it's his BB that is the low point of the set. Doesn't match most of my locker and doesn't even really fit Loki well enough IMO. Currently it does have a curious exploit in that it's not treated like a cape yet, so you can wear it on skins that already have built-in capes (eg. Mandalorian, Rebirth Raven).

As for Freaky Flights, the good thing is while you're behind the doors you're invulnerable IIRC and that mode doesn't have unlimited ammo (unlike Pro 100). The challenge was certainly tedious and I'd have preferred it to be lowered to 15 elims but I was still able to complete it far, far easier and faster than Pro 100 revives. One important tip is to turn off wraps for vehicles so you don't stand out when perching on a Stormwing.

Yea Sunny's Song and Mecha Power have both been musical blessings in June for me. It was a double whammy of dope songs. I haven't properly listened to Aliens and UFO's by O2 but I enjoyed their virtual concert quite a lot so it might have been a triple threat lol!

Yea I tried out Loki's glider for a few games and I like it. As you said the entrance animation is very cool and I don't mind the hang glide pose (really it's for balance purposes: people need to know where to shoot when you're gliding on that) and I love the alien engine hum as you soar around.

Funnily enough, it's his BB that is the low point of the set. Doesn't match most of my locker and doesn't even really fit Loki well enough IMO. Currently it does have a curious exploit in that it's not treated like a cape yet, so you can wear it on skins that already have built-in capes (eg. Mandalorian, Rebirth Raven).

As for Freaky Flights, the good thing is while you're behind the doors you're invulnerable IIRC and that mode doesn't have unlimited ammo (unlike Pro 100). The challenge was certainly tedious and I'd have preferred it to be lowered to 15 elims but I was still able to complete it far, far easier and faster than Pro 100 revives. One important tip is to turn off wraps for vehicles so you don't stand out when perching on a Stormwing.

Sunny's Song is so catchy. there is times where I'm dancing without knowing it just by listening to it in the lobby lol. let me tell you, some people hated or didn't like easy life's concert. but I absolutely had a blast listening to their songs. I actually really like UFOs and aliens, it has a real nice beat to it imo. but skeletons and daydreams are my favorites. yeah the animation for his glider entrance is really the standout for me personally. other than the unique marvel BP Gliders and captain Marvel's, only ones that comes close for is avengers quinjet, silver surfers surf board, dragoncorn, and ghost riders motorcycle. I really don't like the backbling if I'm being honest, I tried rocking it last night and instantly was turned off by it. I prefer he does not have the cape as it makes him look far more like his avengers 1 appearance. ah didn't know that, interesting. btw some are finding a bug with his glider that when you deploy it in a game. it lights up a huge chunk of a area you are gliding in. So if you have issues with other players knowing your location that would be a huge indication to your location to others. and yeah I exploited that part of the mode. thing is, one guy boxed himself with two planes and waited for us to come out. instantly blowing us to smithereens when we stepped out. because of the way his teammates would hide up on the upper decks. they basically spawn camped us, and yeah it's a quire to just complete these. 10 more eliminations and I'm done, that leaves the Pitt challenges which I'm not looking forward to. btw how was the eliminations by 5 different weapons in a match for you? were they difficult or challenging to pull off? and good to know I think I'll turn off wraps to blend into the plane lol.

thanks!
Tom Cruise Goose GIF by Top Gun

Sunny's Song is so catchy. there is times where I'm dancing without knowing it just by listening to it in the lobby lol. let me tell you, some people hated or didn't like easy life's concert. but I absolutely had a blast listening to their songs. I actually really like UFOs and aliens, it has a real nice beat to it imo. but skeletons and daydreams are my favorites. yeah the animation for his glider entrance is really the standout for me personally. other than the unique marvel BP Gliders and captain Marvel's, only ones that comes close for is avengers quinjet, silver surfers surf board, dragoncorn, and ghost riders motorcycle. I really don't like the backbling if I'm being honest, I tried rocking it last night and instantly was turned off by it. I prefer he does not have the cape as it makes him look far more like his avengers 1 appearance. ah didn't know that, interesting. btw some are finding a bug with his glider that when you deploy it in a game. it lights up a huge chunk of a area you are gliding in. So if you have issues with other players knowing your location that would be a huge indication to your location to others. and yeah I exploited that part of the mode. thing is, one guy boxed himself with two planes and waited for us to come out. instantly blowing us to smithereens when we stepped out. because of the way his teammates would hide up on the upper decks. they basically spawn camped us, and yeah it's a quire to just complete these. 10 more eliminations and I'm done, that leaves the Pitt challenges which I'm not looking forward to. btw how was the eliminations by 5 different weapons in a match for you? were they difficult or challenging to pull off? and good to know I think I'll turn off wraps to blend into the plane lol.
Yea that's ska for you, literally upbeat and makes you bounce around as long as you aren't deaf lol.

I'd be surprised if nobody disliked the concert, not because it's bad, it's just that everyone has different tastes. Though I'm sure there are also some critiques which aren't thought out at all. It happens.

Oh I didn't realize the glider was so 'outstanding' LOL, doesn't really matter at the moment because I'm happily rocking the surfboard :D

That's weird, there are three exits so while being spawncamped is a possibility I'm not sure it should last too long. Also, learning to stagger your exits helps since rocket launchers still need to reload anyway.

The Pit Challenges are surprisingly easy. I actually destroyed more structures than built, all I did was spam shockwave grenades to propel me through builds and before you know it, 500 builds down!

Oh as for elims with five kinds of weapons, I'd recommend shotgun, SMG, AR, pistols and infantry rifle (counts as sniper). If you play long enough there'll be an explosives only mode so that can replace one of the weapons, probably sniper/pistol.

Yea that's ska for you, literally upbeat and makes you bounce around as long as you aren't deaf lol.

I'd be surprised if nobody disliked the concert, not because it's bad, it's just that everyone has different tastes. Though I'm sure there are also some critiques which aren't thought out at all. It happens.

Oh I didn't realize the glider was so 'outstanding' LOL, doesn't really matter at the moment because I'm happily rocking the surfboard :D

That's weird, there are three exits so while being spawncamped is a possibility I'm not sure it should last too long. Also, learning to stagger your exits helps since rocket launchers still need to reload anyway.

The Pit Challenges are surprisingly easy. I actually destroyed more structures than built, all I did was spam shockwave grenades to propel me through builds and before you know it, 500 builds down!

Oh as for elims with five kinds of weapons, I'd recommend shotgun, SMG, AR, pistols and infantry rifle (counts as sniper). If you play long enough there'll be an explosives only mode so that can replace one of the weapons, probably sniper/pistol.

Yeah, it was upbeat and catchy. a friend of mine was over and he said "what is that playing?" I told him it was a new song I was listening to lol. and yeah I was watching tabor hills review of the loki set. and yeah when he deployed it flashed a really bright green from the portal animation. but I heard it's just a glitch with the glider for now. the way they had it set up was, one was boxed in by two airplanes, so that it was hard to headshot them with a shotgun. two on the upper deck to either spam rifle shots or rockets. and one more in a plane with a launcher. thankfully the one in the plane was dumb enough to focus on the front exit. while I snuck out and spam rifle shots at him on the plane wing. as for the pit challenges, they are indeed easy except for the 5 weapons one. while it's not particularly hard or impossible, getting a decent shot with a sniper rifle is more challenging because of everyone building and constantly on the move. luckily I waited for a sole player to head shot in the opening. funny enough it was directly from his right where I landed directly so I'm surprised he didn't turn his attention towards me. only challenges I have left is the build and destroy structures and I've completed them enough to get that traversal emote.

Yeah, it was upbeat and catchy. a friend of mine was over and he said "what is that playing?" I told him it was a new song I was listening to lol. and yeah I was watching tabor hills review of the loki set. and yeah when he deployed it flashed a really bright green from the portal animation. but I heard it's just a glitch with the glider for now. the way they had it set up was, one was boxed in by two airplanes, so that it was hard to headshot them with a shotgun. two on the upper deck to either spam rifle shots or rockets. and one more in a plane with a launcher. thankfully the one in the plane was dumb enough to focus on the front exit. while I snuck out and spam rifle shots at him on the plane wing. as for the pit challenges, they are indeed easy except for the 5 weapons one. while it's not particularly hard or impossible, getting a decent shot with a sniper rifle is more challenging because of everyone building and constantly on the move. luckily I waited for a sole player to head shot in the opening. funny enough it was directly from his right where I landed directly so I'm surprised he didn't turn his attention towards me. only challenges I have left is the build and destroy structures and I've completed them enough to get that traversal emote.
You should have replied: "Can't you hear? It's AAAAALIIIEEEENNNSSSS!" lol.

Hmm maybe I should check out the glider in the replay mode myself then. I do know that on PS5/XSX the visual effects tend to be much more pronounced.

Yea sniper would definitely be the most difficult weapon to secure an elim with unless you're really lucky, which is why I suggested the infantry rifle because it's hitscan and fires somewhat rapidly. Nobody stays still long enough for you to line up a headshot with the other snipers.

Summertime, a good period to go looking for babes suntanning on the island.
UyW7xde.jpg

Do I look good in this?
IS64eGE.jpg

What, never seen a babe with four eyes?!
kFoGWyg.jpg

Fowl nutrition! (Seriously though you can jump a lot higher and farther with this combination, the parasite doesn't negate fall damage so remember that before ditching the chicken like Mario does with Yoshi.)
3hrPmK5.jpg

You should have replied: "Can't you hear? It's AAAAALIIIEEEENNNSSSS!" lol.

Hmm maybe I should check out the glider in the replay mode myself then. I do know that on PS5/XSX the visual effects tend to be much more pronounced.

Yea sniper would definitely be the most difficult weapon to secure an elim with unless you're really lucky, which is why I suggested the infantry rifle because it's hitscan and fires somewhat rapidly. Nobody stays still long enough for you to line up a headshot with the other snipers.
"That's where I want to be!!!" Haha it might be because he was PS5. the colors and lighting are different on that platform in comparison to mobile, ps4 and switch. I did try the infantry rifle, it was landing shots but it was also time consuming because of the amount it was chipping at a time. keep in mind the opponent's I was aiming for was getting eliminations non stop so they were constantly getting their shields and health restored completely.

MH2MwYQ.jpg
8xGc8s0.jpg
pzpoYk6.jpg
S7EhLVR.jpg
J5aGpBq.jpg
CvS3G0x.jpg
pMxDkLu.jpg

"The traversal emote serves no purpose beyond temptation. I used the sweats to destroy the sweats, nearly cost me my sanity but the work is done"

3loq0yb.gif
Is showing a bunch of Lokis then ending with an "I am inevitable" Thanos gif part of the joke? It's like you're saying Thanos will find a way to insert himself even if he's not relevant to everything prior, lol.
"That's where I want to be!!!" Haha it might be because he was PS5. the colors and lighting are different on that platform in comparison to mobile, ps4 and switch. I did try the infantry rifle, it was landing shots but it was also time consuming because of the amount it was chipping at a time. keep in mind the opponent's I was aiming for was getting eliminations non stop so they were constantly getting their shields and health restored completely.
I still haven't bothered to check it on my replays, the Loki cosmetic I've used the most thus far is probably his pickaxe, his cape has gone unused haha.

Oh yea that does sound like one of the things that might happen. Ideally you should have been using it to steal kills on enemies who're getting ganked. Since the names are visible at all times just take note of who's doing all the dying and aim for them lol.

Edit: Might be misunderstood if I don't explain; the LOL reaction is for the lyric. Nowadays I tend to react to a part of a comment and then reply to the other parts. I usually don't react to things that I'm already replying to :D

Edit 2: Autowronged.

Last edited:
Is showing a bunch of Lokis then ending with an "I am inevitable" Thanos gif part of the joke? It's like you're saying Thanos will find a way to insert himself even if he's not relevant to everything prior, lol.

I still haven't bothered to check it on my replays, the Loki cosmetic I've used the most thus far is probably his pickaxe, his cape had gone unused haha.

Oh yea that does sound like one of the things that might happen. Ideally you should have been using it to steal kills on enemies who're getting ganked. Since the names are visible at all times just take note of who's doing all the dying and aim for them lol.

Edit: Might be misunderstood if I don't explain; the LOL reaction is for the lyric. Nowadays I tend to react to a part of a comment and then reply to the other parts. I usually don't react to things that I'm already replying to :D

As with the multiple Loki's variants. Thanos felt he still inevitable regardless of who was displayed with the rewards lol. Without a doubt the cape is my least favorite cosmetic of the entire god of mischief set. I would of easily settled for tesseract cube backbling similar to the Kevin the cube backbling from the dark reflections pack. that or as someone suggested an inflatable hulk lol. Despite that, I enjoy the skin, glider and pickaxe tremendously. Yeah you're right I should of been observing who's health was low and then go in for the kill. oh well, next time I get my hands on infantry rifle I'll do just that lol. And my lord pro 100 was alot of fun last night, went in as Deadpool and I think a teammate found the secret gold stashed in the map. because they bought a bunch of gold weapons, one of which was a rpg. and my goodness I was constantly knocking 2-3 members of the other team at a time. I think I had over 80 eliminations lol crazy. And nope I understand what you were reacting to. Slowly my collection of marvel characters is growing. bought black Widow last night before the item shop reset. That only leaves the Deadpool characters like ravelpool and cuddlepool and daredevil.
7IipiGk.jpg
cnvAF0p.jpg

Top Bottom