• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 6: PRIMAL |OT|

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
EN_16BR_Social_KeyArt_Social.0.jpg

The "story" trailer:

The Battle Pass trailer:

The Season 6 "secret" skin...

Neymar-PSG-vs-Monaco-Ligue-1-2020.jpg

What are "sweats" complaining about to start the season?

fortnite-primal-shotgun.jpg

What will you be doing the first 10 minutes of every match?

minecraft-basic-recipe-19.jpg

Where's the coolest addition to the map?

The_Spire_alt.jpg

Will "skin talk" be permitted in the Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 6 OT?

tenor.gif

What skin will you most likely be able to buy later this season?

WCCFhorizonforbiddenwest1.jpg

Is Fortnite GotG?

EminentSizzlingFalcon-small.gif

Last edited:

NickFire

I haven't figured out how to craft anything yet. I figured out how to upgrade, but cannot figure out how to make a weapon from scratch. Am I showing my age?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I haven't figured out how to craft anything yet. I figured out how to upgrade, but cannot figure out how to make a weapon from scratch. Am I showing my age?

Look for the "Makeshift" weapons. They're everywhere.

When you pickaxe vehicles, they occasionally drop these little mechanical pieces. Get 4 of them, then open your inventory, go over to the weapon you want to upgrade, press R1 (on console) and the crafting menu pops up. Press square to upgrade it from a "Makeshift" weapon into a "Mechanical" weapon.

Or kill a few animals, collect 4 bones, and upgrade your Makeshift into a Primal weapon.

Once you can do that the rest of the crafting becomes easy to understand.

giphy-9-2.gif

NickFire

Look for the "Makeshift" weapons. They're everywhere.

When you pickaxe vehicles, they occasionally drop these little mechanical pieces. Get 4 of them, then open your inventory, go over to the weapon you want to upgrade, press R1 (on console) and the crafting menu pops up. Press square to upgrade it from a "Makeshift" weapon into a "Mechanical" weapon.

Or kill a few animals, collect 4 bones, and upgrade your Makeshift into a Primal weapon.

Once you can do that the rest of the crafting becomes easy to understand.

giphy-9-2.gif
I love the gif.

And thank you for saving me from chasing this question anymore. Based on what you wrote, it seems I knew the answer and did not realize it. I thought crafting was separate from upgrading. As in I knew how to upgrade, but thought there was a way to just craft a weapon from scratch. 🤦‍♂️

Yea I remember not really using the tac too often. mostly because the Meta was a little different. that's until they tweaked a few things and next thing you know. it's hop scotch time with tactical shotgun. I remember just a bunch of others were jumping and shooting all over the place chaotic lol. Tell me about it, not that the current Catwoman skin is bad by any means or that it's terrible. but like you pointed out a few days ago it's just rio in a cosplay outfit. if that one on the covers of that comic book is anything to go by. might be a solid, if not excellent updated version.
I always preferred the Tac for its unique and iconic design but during that period it was inferior to the only other type, the pump shotgun, in all the ways that mattered.

At the time a full body blast from a blue pump was 100 dmg, and Epic didn't foresee players carrying two of them and switching to the second one immediately after firing the first, thus negating the delay between shots, leading to the double pump meta, which was practically an instant kill at 200dmg.

Jumping and pumping will always be popular because shotties don't suffer from bloom. It was super fun during the low gravity events!

Oh yea I don't mind having more unique variants as long as they can do her justice. If anything it seems like Epic is making a point of having unique faces for all collab skins here on out. Catwoman might have been the last one using a Fortnite face, so to speak.

You can get quite a few mechanical parts in just a few seconds. Go to Compact Cars early (before it's looted), then lay flat builds to quickly bust all the compacted cars. It's probably my main landing spot now. :)
Yea that's part of Fortnite's noob-unfriendly built-in tutorial. I realized what was going on when Jules kept telling me to "Harvest metal at Compact Cars" lol.

Other decent places I've found include Camp Cod and if you go to FN Radio, Stage Slayer sells 8 pieces of bones for 10 gold each. Then you can walk down towards the nearest petrol station where Cole can be found (a bit more to the West near the big bushes) and he sells mechanical parts.

I have had a lot of thoughts swirling in my head with the new season:

I. Patch Size
Epic said the patch would be bigger than normal and initially I'd thought it was due to the event but after looking at the sizes (~31GB on PS4 and ~11-12GB on Switch) I think they probably replaced most of the assets. Maybe we'll see the UE5 version of Fortnite next season?

II. Zero Crisis Trailer
1. This is probably massive, overreaching speculation but when Jones said "Get over here" to the device, I thought it'd be a neat foreshadowing for the inclusion of MK's Scorpion sometime later this year.

2. Taking only 99 damage when dropping into the small bush is a lie; I tried it out numerous times. You still don't take damage when dropping into the big bushes like before.

3. Badass Sarah Connor saving Jones' ass is my favourite part, hands down. Second favourite is when Ripley crashed the truck through the build, which is an obvious homage to that scene in T2.

4. Based on the T-800 models, it's interesting and safe to assume that the trailer is done using the original high quality versions of the models. These aren't new models specifically made for the CG trailer.

5. Why Ryu felt the need to blow up Peely is beyond me. Slightly before this same scene, if you watch carefully you'll see Lara Croft dual toting as Jones runs past her.

6. Looking at these, I think this glimpse into another reality is foreshadowing UE5 as well as some other characters?
RkHZ3zl.jpg
CppvWDV.jpg

III. The Single Player Event

What interests me most is the lotus flower mandala with the Zero Point and The Foundation (his name's kinda on the nose now isn't it?) forming its core. With each portal you seal, a new layer of petals gets added. In the end it still collapses and gets swallowed up by The Spire, makes me think of an inverse BOTW actually.

And thanks to the artist, Josh Rife posting about it on Artstation, we now know that the little settlement at the base of The Spire is called "The Dark Village", do check out the link if you want to read more and see some beautifully taken shots of this POI.
For Chapter 2, Season 6 of Fortnite, I was entrusted with the centerpiece POI of the world - The Spire. Rising high from the foundations of the Dark Village below, the Spire formed up to encase the volatile Zero Point, an event that players were able to experience in real time during the climactic opening of the season.
I was responsible for the tower itself throughout all phases of completion. I am especially grateful that I was given the freedom to establish the shape language and visual design of the tower. I was also responsible for supporting the season opener event, where I provided cinematic meshes, variants, and other items for the FX and TA teams.
I wonder if them turning the helicopter into chickens is an inside joke of sorts; when you grab a chicken to fly with (shoutouts to Link and Cuccoos), occasionally it'll sing a reference to "Ride of the Valkyries".

One thing we didn't get to witness, is the 'blooming' of The Spire. The six Guardian Towers sprout out, each with a unique name:
  1. Guardian of the Sea - North
  2. Guardian of the Fields - N.East
  3. Guardian of the Mountains - S.East
  4. Guardian of the Lake - South
  5. Guardian of the Woods - S.West
  6. Guardian of the Bay - N.West
Killing a Guardian drops a high tier (ranges from Purple to Gold) weapon as well as some orb which you can slot into the obelisks at The Spire to get the Spire Jumpboots.

Edit: Added in some Guardian Tower details. Boots -> Jumpboots.

Last edited:
Did a little testing on the arrows. Whoever can use this trickshot to eliminate a player deserves a special legacy. Do note the difference in damage output with the Makeshift and Mechanical Bows (first and second shot respectively).

Feels like Epic is putting information and teasers all over the place.

From the official site:
WILDLIFE ABOUNDS ON THE ISLAND, RANGING FROM PREY LIKE CHICKENS TO VICIOUS PREDATORY WOLVES. HUNT OR TAME WILDLIFE TO NOT ONLY LIVE OFF THE LAND BUT TO GATHER MATERIALS FOR CRAFTING. AND THOUGH WOLVES MAY ROAM, THE MOST FEARSOME PREDATORS HAVE YET TO HATCH...
THE ZERO POINT MAY NOT HAVE DESTROYED THE ISLAND, BUT SOME WERE PREPARING FOR THAT POSSIBILITY. IF YOU COME ACROSS BUNKER CHESTS, OPEN THEM UP FOR POWERFUL WEAPONS THAT CAN RANGE FROM RARE TO LEGENDARY, LIKE ROCKET LAUNCHERS. AS THE SEASON PROGRESSES, NEW ADVANCEMENTS WILL ARRIVE IN THE FORM OF WEAPONS AND UPGRADES, LIKE A NEW CHONKERS TIRE SET TO LET YOU TEAR IT UP OFF-ROAD.
From the Switch News Channel:
fuVNbjH.jpg

4tpwMLP.jpg
PQknxlQ.jpg

lao28Wu.jpg

IYX5tZV.jpg
Gbqx17H.jpg

Yk9MSHL.jpg

Edit: Like my previous post, this got posted before I was done.

Last edited:
QJzQtHK.jpg

Despite a "certain" individuals disdain for skin talk. a new variant cover for batman/fortnite: zero point issue#4 was revealed yesterday. seems to be teasing deathstroke as a upcoming skin. it's unclear if it's going to be a item shop one, or one of the promotional codes from the comics you buy. Btw fun fact, everything that happens in comic books will directly effect parts of the island. say for example a new poi like a shack that operates as batmans headquarters. So it is connected and not just to only promote cosmetics but the hidden mysteries of the island and the story.

QJzQtHK.jpg

Despite a "certain" individuals disdain for skin talk. a new variant cover for batman/fortnite: zero point issue#4 was revealed yesterday. seems to be teasing deathstroke as a upcoming skin. it's unclear if it's going to be a item shop one, or one of the promotional codes from the comics you buy. Btw fun fact, everything that happens in comic books will directly effect parts of the island. say for example a new poi like a shack that operates as batmans headquarters. So it is connected and not just to only promote cosmetics but the hidden mysteries of the island and the story.
Thanks for keeping us up to date on the comic book covers. It's a shame that the comics didn't influence the Marvel season in the same way as I spoilered in a past post.

Since you brought up the island and the story, I'll roughly write out what I've been speculating:

It seems like the current chapter is a loop of the previous, where it echoes some of the themes of the same season, like how C1S4 centered around superheroes, and C2S4 was the Nexus War. C1S5 was about worlds colliding and that's pretty much what happened last season with all the collabs.

Current season echoes C1S6, which revolved around Kevin and culminated in the event with the butterfly (that Jones turned into recently) and this Primal season revolves around the Spire...

(No I'm not expecting the Spire to move about the island, lol, I do expect the Primal biomes to expand and affect their surroundings even more.)

A few days ago I was reminded of a song thanks to the wolves:

So I decided to listen to it on loop while having game audio off and visualization on.

And during one of these games, I decided to try something out...

I didn't realize the other player was there until he moved because as you can see, the visualization doesn't work for item management. My eyes were focused on Cobb at the time.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the comic book covers. It's a shame that the comics didn't influence the Marvel season in the same way as I spoilered in a past post.

Since you brought up the island and the story, I'll roughly write out what I've been speculating:

It seems like the current chapter is a loop of the previous, where it echoes some of the themes of the same season, like how C1S4 centered around superheroes, and C2S4 was the Nexus War. C1S5 was about worlds colliding and that's pretty much what happened last season with all the collabs.

Current season echoes C1S6, which revolved around Kevin and culminated in the event with the butterfly (that Jones turned into recently) and this Primal season revolves around the Spire...

(No I'm not expecting the Spire to move about the island, lol, I do expect the Primal biomes to expand and affect their surroundings even more.)

Definitely a spot on theory. seems everything that has happened on the old island from chapter 1 has happened in parallel to what is going on now. albeit different outcome and way it comes to pass. there is been too many Kevin the cube runes of certain skins and items in-game. hinting at his return or something similar is coming. another thing, the comic books is supposedly going to reveal the "big bad" that's behind some things on the island.

Definitely a spot on theory. seems everything that has happened on the old island from chapter 1 has happened in parallel to what is going on now. albeit different outcome and way it comes to pass. there is been too many Kevin the cube runes of certain skins and items in-game. hinting at his return or something similar is coming. another thing, the comic books is supposedly going to reveal the "big bad" that's behind some things on the island.
Speaking of runes on skins, Raz is another one of Fortnite's cultural blends. In this case he makes me think of Prince of Persia but the mask he has on his hip is of Eastern origin. Combine that with the lotus flower mandala in the event and I think Raz is this season's Drift.

His alt style and name make me think of Raziel from Soul Reaver, though I doubt there's gonna be any collab with the LOK saga :(

Speaking of the "big bad", there are some cool story elements in the NPC entries:
  • "Jules is the daughter of an international crime boss who refuses to live in her dad's shadow."
  • "After E.G.O.'s collapse, Remedy became a freelance medic who uses her unparalleled medical abilities on the battlefield to even the scales." (Take that, Field Surgeon stans!)
  • One of E.G.O.'s top survivalist, Turk is on the trail of The Big One: the fish that he believes will net him the title of Top Fisherman. (Funnily enough, in the loading screen, someone messed up and put Shadow's logo on his arm patch instead of Ghost.)
    1321jdg.jpg

6 tips for the season from Epic Games...

Wolves "stave off sweats"? Hmm...
Was disappointed to find out that I couldn't craft Cuddlefish with Primal Bows to shoot them further.

Colossal Crops is my favourite of the transformed POIs, mainly because of its references (fall of Rome + Farmer Steel sneaking off to watch the gladiators last season, and now it's become a farm!) and the alliteration from Coliseum to Crops seems planned out.

For the Jumpboots, you can run and jump forward while building a ramp to get a higher launch off point, just make sure not to mess up the jump timing.

Oh and about eggs, they were around in C1S7 in the castle (and I think in C1S8's volcano) but ultimately amounted to nothing...

A few tweets from Mr. Secret Sauce himself:

IIRC, the article on the story echoes a lot of sentiments that he covered in that podcast from C2S4.

In fact, according to Fortnite creative director Donald Mustard, it was Thanos’ appearance and the Russos that inspired the copious brand crossovers that are now so central to Fortnite.
Insert joke about how Thanos snaps his fingers and half the world's beloved IPs go to die in Fortnite (in both senses of the word).

NickFire

Alright, alright, alright. Now we're a week into the new season, and I have to admit that I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I started off feeling dissapointed by the battle pass offerings, and confused as heck by the crafting mechanics. The battle pass overall still cannot hold a candle to last season's in my humble opinion, but its better than I thought at first. I'm really digging the regular Tomb Raider skin / accessories, and the chicken isn't too bad either (still a ways off though). And leveling has felt rewarding for the effort, more so than in some prior starts to a new season.

I'm not a huge fan of all the crafting options, but the bow options are legit. Fire and clouds can help neutralize some of the building sweats. And the bow itself has been hands down my favorite weapon of the season.

Altogether I feel like the devs are still hitting more marks than they miss.

Speaking of runes on skins, Raz is another one of Fortnite's cultural blends. In this case he makes me think of Prince of Persia but the mask he has on his hip is of Eastern origin. Combine that with the lotus flower mandala in the event and I think Raz is this season's Drift.

His alt style and name make me think of Raziel from Soul Reaver, though I doubt there's gonna be any collab with the LOK saga :(

Speaking of the "big bad", there are some cool story elements in the NPC entries:
  • "Jules is the daughter of an international crime boss who refuses to live in her dad's shadow."
  • "After E.G.O.'s collapse, Remedy became a freelance medic who uses her unparalleled medical abilities on the battlefield to even the scales." (Take that, Field Surgeon stans!)
  • One of E.G.O.'s top survivalist, Turk is on the trail of The Big One: the fish that he believes will net him the title of Top Fisherman. (Funnily enough, in the loading screen, someone messed up and put Shadow's logo on his arm patch instead of Ghost.)
    1321jdg.jpg

Can definitely see raz being this seasons drift. reason why I emphasize on season, is because fade imo was like dark drift of chapter 2 season 3. it's interesting that his back bling, the lotus bloom was hinting towards the season 5 finale event. And I'm going to guess midas or Brutus is her father, well more so towards midas. very strange character with alot of unsolved mysteries. there hasn't been a confirmation if him and oro is one and the same. I can only assume there is a connection but it isn't clear. don't know what is the deal with Marigold if she's also related to midas.

Can definitely see raz being this seasons drift. reason why I emphasize on season, is because fade imo was like dark drift of chapter 2 season 3. it's interesting that his back bling, the lotus bloom was hinting towards the season 5 finale event. And I'm going to guess midas or Brutus is her father, well more so towards midas. very strange character with alot of unsolved mysteries. there hasn't been a confirmation if him and oro is one and the same. I can only assume there is a connection but it isn't clear. don't know what is the deal with Marigold if she's also related to midas.
Yep, Fade was another of those cultural blends. His glider and lotus backbling do seem to hint that perhaps Mustard has plans for him in the story.

I didn't read much of those posts, but I remember seeing quite a number of speculations on the FNBR subreddit back in C2S3 saying Jules is Midas' daughter as well as Oro being Midas from another timeline or something. I'm guessing you've probably seen some of those posts too. Cyclo is supposed to be the suit Midas wore to combat the storm IIRC.

Marigold is connected to Midas by way of real world money lololol.

Seriously though as long as they can retrofit an interesting backstory I'm game. I like what they did since last season with the NPCs, their dialogues and their little descriptions in the collection tab.

I've ragged on Fortnite BR's story but since last season it does feel like they're finally putting in some proper narrative glue and I'm assuming it's going to be a slow and steady thing, which is good for the devs and us IMO.

Alright, alright, alright. Now we're a week into the new season, and I have to admit that I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I started off feeling dissapointed by the battle pass offerings, and confused as heck by the crafting mechanics. The battle pass overall still cannot hold a candle to last season's in my humble opinion, but its better than I thought at first. I'm really digging the regular Tomb Raider skin / accessories, and the chicken isn't too bad either (still a ways off though). And leveling has felt rewarding for the effort, more so than in some prior starts to a new season.

I'm not a huge fan of all the crafting options, but the bow options are legit. Fire and clouds can help neutralize some of the building sweats. And the bow itself has been hands down my favorite weapon of the season.

Altogether I feel like the devs are still hitting more marks than they miss.
I've enjoyed every BP's offerings in some way or another because there's almost always two to three skins and other cosmetics (BBs, gliders, pickaxes) that jive with me.

Oh and about last season vs this, I've got some fightin' words for ya: Rebirth Raven's feather cape >>>>>>>>> Mando's cape :D

They did a fantastic job with reboot Lara IMO and that means both nu-characters that Cory Barlog was involved in have now been "Nited".
WjdjDk7.jpg

I don't know if it's because of feedback from last season but they've finally buffed XP heavily relative to last season. At least dailies now feel more worthwhile at 3x 22K vs 3x 10K previously.

I like the smaller loot pool overall though I'm a little bit disappointed that classic loot is still in. I suppose it's there so that the game appeals to the most people possible.

Bows basically replaced snipers, which is very cool and the overall vibe I'm getting is that Epic wants more close-midrange encounters this season, at least until the additions and inevitable expansion of loot pool happens later on.

I do miss the Lever Action Shotgun; last season I had a fun restriction when running the Sarah Connor skin where I'd only use that shotgun variant when available. If I started with a Tac/Charge of any rarity, it got replaced by a Lever as soon as I found one, even if it was grey, heh.

But since the cinematic endorsed her usage of this season's pump, I suppose I can go with that, though I'll probably put the role-playing fun into Tarana with Primals this season.

Yep, Fade was another of those cultural blends. His glider and lotus backbling do seem to hint that perhaps Mustard has plans for him in the story.

I didn't read much of those posts, but I remember seeing quite a number of speculations on the FNBR subreddit back in C2S3 saying Jules is Midas' daughter as well as Oro being Midas from another timeline or something. I'm guessing you've probably seen some of those posts too. Cyclo is supposed to be the suit Midas wore to combat the storm IIRC.

Marigold is connected to Midas by way of real world money lololol.

Seriously though as long as they can retrofit an interesting backstory I'm game. I like what they did since last season with the NPCs, their dialogues and their little descriptions in the collection tab.

I've ragged on Fortnite BR's story but since last season it does feel like they're finally putting in some proper narrative glue and I'm assuming it's going to be a slow and steady thing, which is good for the devs and us IMO.

Definitely see some plans for him and raz. like you said, they seem be in ways parallel versions of drift or similar. I mostly watched theory videos on the chapter 2 story way back in season 2. started watching thesmithplays, then postboxpat, and now playstationgrenade. most connected oro and midas via the same scar above the eyes as them being one and the same. some speculation was that midas was that he's already dead or undead. with oro being his true form, that and their sets called "golden ghost" and "midas revenge" its interesting. as for marigold lol good one, you're probably on the "money" with that. and yes I'm glad the story is progressing into some interesting reveals and that they leave more questions than answers.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Setting aside the games biggest problems...

- Worst SBMM I've ever seen.
- Turbo building removing some strategy/variety.

Season 6 is the best start to a season, maybe ever?

Buff the Wolves and hopefully the dinosaurs are relavent in a few weeks.

Definitely see some plans for him and raz. like you said, they seem be in ways parallel versions of drift or similar. I mostly watched theory videos on the chapter 2 story way back in season 2. started watching thesmithplays, then postboxpat, and now playstationgrenade. most connected oro and midas via the same scar above the eyes as them being one and the same. some speculation was that midas was that he's already dead or undead. with oro being his true form, that and their sets called "golden ghost" and "midas revenge" its interesting. as for marigold lol good one, you're probably on the "money" with that. and yes I'm glad the story is progressing into some interesting reveals and that they leave more questions than answers.
Somehow both Midas and Marigold have a blind right eye. Would love to see the story Epic cooks up for that lol.

P.S. I wouldn't mind a Dino and Mecha Midas this season, hehehe.

Somehow both Midas and Marigold have a blind right eye. Would love to see the story Epic cooks up for that lol.

P.S. I wouldn't mind a Dino and Mecha Midas this season, hehehe.
vcsuFXV.jpg

My guess is that she's a alternate version of Midas from another world or dimension that is parallel to the chapter 2 island. it would only explain the similar scar and features. and tbh I would not be surprised seeing as we got robo Midas and a Midas flopper.

My current thoughts and feelings on chapter 6. overall I'm really liking this season tbh. the primal weapons and mechanical ones are a breath of fresh air. as well as the weapon and item crafting that is required to make said weapons. the animals add more life to the map as i was tired of running into IO guards around every corner plus talking to the NPCs and you start to form a pattern of relying upon just doing bounties and mini quests. the feeling of the map and its new Poi's are imo easily more interesting than salty towers and Stealthy Stronghold. only memorable ones from last season imo was the colossal coliseum and hunters haven. overall I'm definitely liking it so far, but it should really get spiced up when velicoraptors enter the fray.

vcsuFXV.jpg

My guess is that she's a alternate version of Midas from another world or dimension that is parallel to the chapter 2 island. it would only explain the similar scar and features. and tbh I would not be surprised seeing as we got robo Midas and a Midas flopper.
Hmm, I never saw Rex as a robo/cyborg version of him, always thought it's more like the Ironman/Batman version of him.
My current thoughts and feelings on chapter 6. overall I'm really liking this season tbh. the primal weapons and mechanical ones are a breath of fresh air. as well as the weapon and item crafting that is required to make said weapons. the animals add more life to the map as i was tired of running into IO guards around every corner plus talking to the NPCs and you start to form a pattern of relying upon just doing bounties and mini quests. the feeling of the map and its new Poi's are imo easily more interesting than salty towers and Stealthy Stronghold. only memorable ones from last season imo was the colossal coliseum and hunters haven. overall I'm definitely liking it so far, but it should really get spiced up when velicoraptors enter the fray.
The bolded are literally bold fightin' words. See you at high noon, revolvers only. Oh wait, Butter Barn's gone, never mind.

Seriously though in some ways I even prefer Stronghold this season because there's no longer a silly IO hub underneath so as long as I don't wander beyond the walls, it feels like a completely proper jungle biome.

And while I liked having IO Guards around for certain challenges (mainly damage-related), I got annoyed at the trollish ways they would show up when I didn't need them and not show up when I did.

Plus their aim could oftentimes be ridiculous and I remember my first thought when seeing the music pack in the shop was "Why the hell would I traumatise myself with this?!" hahaha.

Hmm, I never saw Rex as a robo/cyborg version of him, always thought it's more like the Ironman/Batman version of him.

The bolded are literally bold fightin' words. See you at high noon, revolvers only. Oh wait, Butter Barn's gone, never mind.

Seriously though in some ways I even prefer Stronghold this season because there's no longer a silly IO hub underneath so as long as I don't wander beyond the walls, it feels like a completely proper jungle biome.

And while I liked having IO Guards around for certain challenges (mainly damage-related), I got annoyed at the trollish ways they would show up when I didn't need them and not show up when I did.

Plus their aim could oftentimes be ridiculous and I remember my first thought when seeing the music pack in the shop was "Why the hell would I traumatise myself with this?!" hahaha.

I say robot or cyborg. is because of when he was eaten by a shark in the trailer for season 3. If that trailer was cannon to the story that is. and haha I guess I'm bitter at Stealthy Stronghold because of the whole predator challenges thing. it took days if not a week to complete them because either just when I had him down to low health. another player or team comes along to third party me. as for the IO guards I agree, while they were good to keep around for challenges related to damage. they were super annoying for the reasons of third partying in a build battle or trying to remain stealthy (get it?) And my god were they super cracked with their aims *shudders*

I say robot or cyborg. is because of when he was eaten by a shark in the trailer for season 3. If that trailer was cannon to the story that is. and haha I guess I'm bitter at Stealthy Stronghold because of the whole predator challenges thing. it took days if not a week to complete them because either just when I had him down to low health. another player or team comes along to third party me. as for the IO guards I agree, while they were good to keep around for challenges related to damage. they were super annoying for the reasons of third partying in a build battle or trying to remain stealthy (get it?) And my god were they super cracked with their aims *shudders*
Hmm, come to think of it he did become a ghostly version during Halloween so maybe him getting eaten has some merit haha. Speaking of sharks, I'm glad they are finally gone, I only enjoyed them in S3, they were a nuisance after that...though I did have fun bringing one into Stealth Stronghold, except Epic made sure they can't swim in there, so much for Sharks vs Predator :(

One weird thing about the IO Guards' spawn points were the ones in Hunter's Haven and specifically Weeping Woods. In the latter, if you wanted to reboot your teammate and the IO Guards had not been dealt with, you're forced to engage them because of the location. This wasn't an issue with any other reboot van.

Edit: Also, look who's back in the item shop! Hehe.

Last edited:
Hmm, come to think of it he did become a ghostly version during Halloween so maybe him getting eaten has some merit haha. Speaking of sharks, I'm glad they are finally gone, I only enjoyed them in S3, they were a nuisance after that...though I did have fun bringing one into Stealth Stronghold, except Epic made sure they can't swim in there, so much for Sharks vs Predator :(

One weird thing about the IO Guards' spawn points were the ones in Hunter's Haven and specifically Weeping Woods. In the latter, if you wanted to reboot your teammate and the IO Guards had not been dealt with, you're forced to engage them because of the location. This wasn't an issue with any other reboot van.

Edit: Also, look who's back in the item shop! Hehe.

Still wonder how what power that could of brought his soul or essence back. (Kevin the cube? the Zero point?) I was so disappointed we didn't get a skin of shadow midas. he has a wrap and everything and now I can't even pair it with anything similar to that purple aura :( and speaking of the IO Guards spawn points. there is one that was located in misty meadows that I dreaded with a passion. it's crossing the little bridge to the other half of misty and I could hear them in that box slowly rising up out of the ground. time to run! and do you mean sica? unfortunately I cannot still afford her. been so busy trying to grind and hell I haven't even bought the battle pass yet.

Still wonder how what power that could of brought his soul or essence back. (Kevin the cube? the Zero point?) I was so disappointed we didn't get a skin of shadow midas. he has a wrap and everything and now I can't even pair it with anything similar to that purple aura :( and speaking of the IO Guards spawn points. there is one that was located in misty meadows that I dreaded with a passion. it's crossing the little bridge to the other half of misty and I could hear them in that box slowly rising up out of the ground. time to run! and do you mean sica? unfortunately I cannot still afford her. been so busy trying to grind and hell I haven't even bought the battle pass yet.
Perhaps Midas is simply undead or he's taking lessons from Bison (making new bodies to inhabit lol).

Speaking of the purple aura, there's an upcoming skin that I'm super stoked for :D

Also, turns out I'm small brained: Marigold is the name of King Midas' daughter in the original Greek myth, pretty sure they're not supposed to look like the same age though haha. Anyway I went to search through some old Reddit posts and it's interesting to actually dive in and see what theories arose:

At least it's possible to get to the Misty reboot van without triggering their arrival and you can still position yourself such that they have to run all the way over to start damaging you.

The one in Weeping Woods was inevitable. I'd wanted to reboot a duo partner weeks ago right after the drop and I had to fight off the IO Guards with minimal shield and ammo (after fighting off the enemy duo) -_-

At least it seems she's deemed worthy enough to come back after 30 days, though I know some skins have returned once after 30-40 days and proceeded to not return for 100-200+ days :/

Edit: Reworded spoiler tag.

Last edited:
Perhaps Midas is simply undead or he's taking lessons from Bison (making new bodies to inhabit lol).

Speaking of the purple aura, there's an upcoming skin that I'm super stoked for :D

Also, turns out I'm small brained: Marigold is the name of King Midas' daughter in the original Greek myth, pretty sure they're not supposed to look like the same age though haha. Anyway I went to search through some old Reddit posts and it's interesting to actually dive in and see what theories arose:

At least it's possible to get to the Misty reboot van without triggering their arrival and you can still position yourself such that they have to run all the way over to start damaging you.

The one in Weeping Woods was inevitable. I'd wanted to reboot a duo partner weeks ago right after the drop and I had to fight off the IO Guards with minimal shield and ammo (after fighting off the enemy duo) -_-

At least it seems she's deemed worthy enough to come back after 30 days, though I know some skins have returned once after 30-40 days and proceeded to not return for 100-200+ days :/

Edit: Reworded spoiler tag.

It's a wonder if hasn't came back to suddenly psycho power drive everyone into oblivion. as for Marigold, interesting so if that's the case does that mean he has two daughters and jules/marigold are sisters? and you poor guy. I can imagine trying to reboot your partner only to be three-way tagged team by IO guards! that's messed up lol. I constantly would land on camp cod and get somehow sniped despite not even triggering their spawn point. speaking of camp cod, it's definitely my now to go to place for one simple reason and it's something that has been newly added this season (can't tell because then everyone would be going there lol). And yeah as much as I wanted sica I can't get her, maybe one day but for now most ulikely. though I'm eyeing that foundation skin if he ever becomes one.

It's a wonder if hasn't came back to suddenly psycho power drive everyone into oblivion. as for Marigold, interesting so if that's the case does that mean he has two daughters and jules/marigold are sisters? and you poor guy. I can imagine trying to reboot your partner only to be three-way tagged team by IO guards! that's messed up lol. I constantly would land on camp cod and get somehow sniped despite not even triggering their spawn point. speaking of camp cod, it's definitely my now to go to place for one simple reason and it's something that has been newly added this season (can't tell because then everyone would be going there lol). And yeah as much as I wanted sica I can't get her, maybe one day but for now most ulikely. though I'm eyeing that foundation skin if he ever becomes one.
First Midas needs to have his left eye go pupiless before he can access Psycho Power :D

Really not sure what Mustard has in mind for the Midas arc, though I think it might be a safe to assume that Jules was responsible for building The Device.

Hah IIRC the third IO Guard almost killed me, I was really low on health when it was over and I could finally begin rebooting. The woods definitely earned its "Weeping" moniker.

Hah, I don't think I know what you've found in Camp Cod, though I did learn that it's one of the few locations with a chance for the Bunker Chests.

I think there's a good chance he'll be a skin, but only after the jawbreaker at The Spire is cracked.
-> Artstation entry for The Foundation

Edit: Added link description.

Last edited:
First Midas needs to have his left eye go pupiless before he can access Psycho Power :D

Really not sure what Mustard has in mind for the Midas arc, though I think it might be a safe to assume that Jules was responsible for building The Device.

Hah IIRC the third IO Guard almost killed me, I was really low on health when it was over and I could finally begin rebooting. The woods definitely earned its "Weeping" moniker.

Hah, I don't think I know what you've found in Camp Cod, though I did learn that it's one of the few locations with a chance for the Bunker Chests.

I think there's a good chance he'll be a skin, but only after the jawbreaker at The Spire is cracked.
-> Artstation entry for The Foundation

Edit: Added link description.

Haha yeah his left eye would have to go completely white to achieve it. maybe that's why, and I think Weeping woods has achieved its namesake because we as players tend to get third party or eliminated alot there. whether it be wolverine running at us at full speed, we get in the storm or IO guards. and you are correct, the Bunker chest is to me what makes it worth it. no lie, yesterday I so happened to get one down Below the basement of the house. ended up with a gold rocket launcher in two back to back matches. used it eliminate some players who were fighting one of the spire guardians near Misty meadows collect their loot 😁 and yeah, only downside to it is that I get the feeling much like paradigm he's going to be a limited time skin in the item shop. personally I wish he was the secret skin for the BP.

Haha yeah his left eye would have to go completely white to achieve it. maybe that's why, and I think Weeping woods has achieved its namesake because we as players tend to get third party or eliminated alot there. whether it be wolverine running at us at full speed, we get in the storm or IO guards. and you are correct, the Bunker chest is to me what makes it worth it. no lie, yesterday I so happened to get one down Below the basement of the house. ended up with a gold rocket launcher in two back to back matches. used it eliminate some players who were fighting one of the spire guardians near Misty meadows collect their loot 😁 and yeah, only downside to it is that I get the feeling much like paradigm he's going to be a limited time skin in the item shop. personally I wish he was the secret skin for the BP.
Weeping Woods was extremely shitty for me last season because on console at night it can be impossible to spot enemies who aren't glowing. And now being in the storm is shitty unless you have Low Performance as an option.

You can probably find a map for all BC locations on Reddit but ones I've personally found include The Shark (don't really know how to describe but it's in a room with a few Slurp Barrels) and that weird hidden basement at Steamy Stacks (you'll hear some music coming out of that basement). Based on these ones I've found it seems they're all at the outer reaches of the map. I think I found one near Shanty Town but I could be misremembering.

Ugh I hope not. He's easily the coolest of The Seven so far and it'd be a shame if Epic made it hard/impossible to obtain for people who aren't into Fortnite yet. Now just eagerly waiting to see if Dread Knight shows up in the next shop or the one after, hur hur.

Oh and here's some motivation haha
wAJML5T.jpg

Weeping Woods was extremely shitty for me last season because on console at night it can be impossible to spot enemies who aren't glowing. And now being in the storm is shitty unless you have Low Performance as an option.

You can probably find a map for all BC locations on Reddit but ones I've personally found include The Shark (don't really know how to describe but it's in a room with a few Slurp Barrels) and that weird hidden basement at Steamy Stacks (you'll hear some music coming out of that basement). Based on these ones I've found it seems they're all at the outer reaches of the map. I think I found one near Shanty Town but I could be misremembering.

Ugh I hope not. He's easily the coolest of The Seven so far and it'd be a shame if Epic made it hard/impossible to obtain for people who aren't into Fortnite yet. Now just eagerly waiting to see if Dread Knight shows up in the next shop or the one after, hur hur.

Oh and here's some motivation haha
wAJML5T.jpg

That actually sucks. because especially at night you need all the visibility to spot other enemy players across the map or running around in the distance. luckily I turned that indication thing in the settings that let's me see where footsteps are nearby or walking around. it was even shitter for most because before they changed it. the super hero skins were mad cheap in that players who made them fully black or fully white could blend in with darkness or snow. imagine you enter a house to loot it, only to get shotgun from behind and eliminated. that because a player wearing a fully colored black skin was in the corner waiting. yeah it sucks, because I personally didn't get the BP that had the visitor and the scientist. making paradigm a timed exclusive item shop skin was saddening because if I was active in playing fortnite back then as I am now I would of definitely bought her. I think the scientist looks the coolest of the seven so far. but I personally think they will do it to drive more sales. and nice! Xenomorph back bling was one of the coolest back blings last season imo.

That actually sucks. because especially at night you need all the visibility to spot other enemy players across the map or running around in the distance. luckily I turned that indication thing in the settings that let's me see where footsteps are nearby or walking around. it was even shitter for most because before they changed it. the super hero skins were mad cheap in that players who made them fully black or fully white could blend in with darkness or snow. imagine you enter a house to loot it, only to get shotgun from behind and eliminated. that because a player wearing a fully colored black skin was in the corner waiting. yeah it sucks, because I personally didn't get the BP that had the visitor and the scientist. making paradigm a timed exclusive item shop skin was saddening because if I was active in playing fortnite back then as I am now I would of definitely bought her. I think the scientist looks the coolest of the seven so far. but I personally think they will do it to drive more sales. and nice! Xenomorph back bling was one of the coolest back blings last season imo.
The game does a good job of making moving players very visible even at a distance but darker skins blending into shadows is a very real problem in this game.

I'm fine with the ambush scenario you describe, I'm talking about cases where I'm in a firefight with an enemy around two roofs apart and I can barely see him until he's shooting. Like I know he's in front of me, I just can't properly see him because Weeping Woods gets stupid dark and non-glowing skins just blend in.

I'm not sure if the sound visualization is exactly the same now but it was super dumb back when I used it many seasons ago; even enemies moving while crouched would show up on it, which is really stupid. The whole point of crouching movement is to reduce audible presence at the expense of speed and the visualization just negates that.

I only have The Scientist but man, he's phat. The Foundation is just the right size :D

Also, something that's been annoying me a lot with this new update is the inability to keep opening a chest or box while I'm accessing the inventory. During the 1 second or so while you're opening stuff if you try to rearrange your inventory or drop loot etc. the opening process will go and stay at zero.

And then sometimes after opening the loot gets lodged in the chest so I have to pickaxe it before I can grab the loot, which has been a problem for at least the whole of last season.

The game does a good job of making moving players very visible even at a distance but darker skins blending into shadows is a very real problem in this game.

I'm fine with the ambush scenario you describe, I'm talking about cases where I'm in a firefight with an enemy around two roofs apart and I can barely see him until he's shooting. Like I know he's in front of me, I just can't properly see him because Weeping Woods gets stupid dark and non-glowing skins just blend in.

I'm not sure if the sound visualization is exactly the same now but it was super dumb back when I used it many seasons ago; even enemies moving while crouched would show up on it, which is really stupid. The whole point of crouching movement is to reduce audible presence at the expense of speed and the visualization just negates that.

I only have The Scientist but man, he's phat. The Foundation is just the right size :D

Also, something that's been annoying me a lot with this new update is the inability to keep opening a chest or box while I'm accessing the inventory. During the 1 second or so while you're opening stuff if you try to rearrange your inventory or drop loot etc. the opening process will go and stay at zero.

And then sometimes after opening the loot gets lodged in the chest so I have to pickaxe it before I can grab the loot, which has been a problem for at least the whole of last season.

I'm fine with the ambush scenario as well. 9 times out of 10 I easily spot them so it's kinda funny when they were doing it for no reason. there was a situation last season though, it was squads when we were heading towards the circle. it was a poi that is or is supposed to be dusty depot. I heard some noises, but couldn't figure out where it was. turns out a whole enemy team was there hiding in the sand camping. so one snuck from behind and sprayed me with a smg. my team was completely clueless when I tried to warn them but it was too late and they eliminated them as well. and awesome, wish I bought the BP that had the scientist and the dusk skin. I like goth women and vampires so it sucks I missed out on getting her. Foundation is just right imo he's ripped and designed very well. but isn't bulky to the point that he'd be hard to ADS. that's another thing too, with ammo boxes I search and loot them. the ammo gets lodged into the box so I have to break it to get the ammo. sometimes it will get lodged into the wall as well very lame imo.

I'm fine with the ambush scenario as well. 9 times out of 10 I easily spot them so it's kinda funny when they were doing it for no reason. there was a situation last season though, it was squads when we were heading towards the circle. it was a poi that is or is supposed to be dusty depot. I heard some noises, but couldn't figure out where it was. turns out a whole enemy team was there hiding in the sand camping. so one snuck from behind and sprayed me with a smg. my team was completely clueless when I tried to warn them but it was too late and they eliminated them as well. and awesome, wish I bought the BP that had the scientist and the dusk skin. I like goth women and vampires so it sucks I missed out on getting her. Foundation is just right imo he's ripped and designed very well. but isn't bulky to the point that he'd be hard to ADS. that's another thing too, with ammo boxes I search and loot them. the ammo gets lodged into the box so I have to break it to get the ammo. sometimes it will get lodged into the wall as well very lame imo.
I think you're talking about that huge warehouse-looking building that's roughly north of Butter Barn right?

Sand burrowing was a fun idea but was disabled in certain weeks which sucked. And I think initially you couldn't do damage to the bump in the sand but it got tweaked later on.

Oh man, I believe you played after C1S6? I just remembered something that might trigger you...

Beyond that, I'm surprised you didn't get that BP. While lots of people disliked that season cause of the Brutes, I think the BP cosmetics itself were incredibly strong, it was essentially a Greatest Hits package and in most cases the revisited skins were much improved over their original counterparts.

Happens with fishing barrels (at least they break quickly) and even freezers as well, whatever code they had to prevent this in the past has not been working for a long time.

I think you're talking about that huge warehouse-looking building that's roughly north of Butter Barn right?

Sand burrowing was a fun idea but was disabled in certain weeks which sucked. And I think initially you couldn't do damage to the bump in the sand but it got tweaked later on.

Oh man, I believe you played after C1S6? I just remembered something that might trigger you...

Beyond that, I'm surprised you didn't get that BP. While lots of people disliked that season cause of the Brutes, I think the BP cosmetics itself were incredibly strong, it was essentially a Greatest Hits package and in most cases the revisited skins were much improved over their original counterparts.

Happens with fishing barrels (at least they break quickly) and even freezers as well, whatever code they had to prevent this in the past has not been working for a long time.

You are correct. it had all those empty shipping containers along with the sand. Sadly because of that incident I kinda started to stick to the edges of the map and circling around to the circle. was too paranoid that another player was gonna sand tunnel behind me and shotgun me from the back. and yes I remember it was disabled for quite some time. oh man really? if I knew this I definitely would of bought the BP that season. I remember that everyone hated the brutes, personally I didn't play that season so I never operated one or had a confrontation. The way people make it sound as if it was their greatest nightmare made real lol. but for chapter 2 I've been doing my best to buy every single BP. I don't want to miss out like I did during chapter 1. and yeah freezers too, it's annoying because I quickly trying to grab ammo and loot so that I can rotate out of there.

Top Bottom