• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweet Tooth Renewed for Third and Final Season

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
n1RI4DE.jpg

Netflix has renewed “Sweet Tooth” for a third and final season, which has already been filmed in New Zealand, the streamer announced.
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/sweet-tooth-season-3-netflix-1235602123/
“In a lot of ways, it’s exactly the story that I imagined we would tell and in a lot of ways it takes on its own life. At the beginning, I think you set out to tell these landmark pieces of Gus’ story and the big pieces of the comic book, but the beauty of long-form storytelling and Gus’ journey over 24 episodes is the characters themselves tell you what they want to be. The crew and cast bring so much depth and point of view to who the characters are and where they’ve come from and where they’re going,” said creator, showrunner and executive producer Jim Mickle.
Have any of you guys seen Jim Mickle's movie Stake Land? It's pretty sick.
Mickle continued, “Season 3 is an Arctic story with exciting new adventures and what we hope will be a satisfying conclusion to this epic tale. Gus is going to see a side of the world and humanity that he didn’t see in Season 1 or 2.”
Additionally, the series will be making a few additions to the cast in the forthcoming chapter. Rosalind Chao (“Better Things,” “Mulan”), who plays Zhao, has been upped to a series regular alongside Amy Seimetz (“No Sudden Move,” “Pet Sematary”), who plays Birdie. Cara Gee (“The Expanse,” “Call Of The Wild”) will join for Season 3 as a series regular with Ayazhan Dalabayeva. Gee will star as Siana and Dalabayeva as Nuka.

Sweet Tooth is the only ongoing Netflix series I really care about, I'm very happy it's getting an ending. They've cancelled so many shows that it feels like a gift when they allow one of my shows to get a finale.
Especially wild, the season has already been filmed! I guess they really didn't want Gus to hit puberty during the show's run, or maybe both seasons had been ordered as one production season, to save money on S3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom