• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 7: Invasion

As with the multiple Loki's variants. Thanos felt he still inevitable regardless of who was displayed with the rewards lol. Without a doubt the cape is my least favorite cosmetic of the entire god of mischief set. I would of easily settled for tesseract cube backbling similar to the Kevin the cube backbling from the dark reflections pack. that or as someone suggested an inflatable hulk lol. Despite that, I enjoy the skin, glider and pickaxe tremendously. Yeah you're right I should of been observing who's health was low and then go in for the kill. oh well, next time I get my hands on infantry rifle I'll do just that lol. And my lord pro 100 was alot of fun last night, went in as Deadpool and I think a teammate found the secret gold stashed in the map. because they bought a bunch of gold weapons, one of which was a rpg. and my goodness I was constantly knocking 2-3 members of the other team at a time. I think I had over 80 eliminations lol crazy. And nope I understand what you were reacting to. Slowly my collection of marvel characters is growing. bought black Widow last night before the item shop reset. That only leaves the Deadpool characters like ravelpool and cuddlepool and daredevil.
7IipiGk.jpg
cnvAF0p.jpg
Yea I think our problem with the cape is more to do with its material, colour and placement, it just doesn't sit right on most skins and it's not goofy enough to be worn as meme material either.

Oh I wasn't referring to their health, just that after a couple of minutes you could usually tell who are the super sweaty ones that you shouldn't bother aiming for, go for the ones whose names show up as being eliminated fairly often. Still, this is all hindsight since the event is over, lol.

Yea I never bothered with the Pro 100 exploits, definitely my least favourite of the three Creative challenge maps, in no small part because of the revive challenge.

Marvel in Fortnite was pretty much made for people like you and ManaByte lol. I do wonder how they'll 'compensate' for people in the future that didn't play C2S4, most of those BP skins are great. Like what kind of variations would they put out for Wolverine, Ironman etc.?

i'm trying to get the "deal damage near an abductor" quest but none of them are spawning on my map? i was doing the experience low gravity quest too but had to use the nanites. the flyable UFOs are there but the big ones that you can jump into the vortex (?) to land on the ship or use your glider...they haven't appeared for a while now.

is something wrong with my game or are they not meant to appear right now?

Last edited:
i'm trying to get the "deal damage near an abductor" quest but none of them are spawning on my map? i was doing the experience low gravity quest too but had to use the nanites. the flyable UFOs are there but the big ones that you can jump into the vortex (?) to land on the ship or use your glider...they haven't appeared for a while now.

is something wrong with my game or are they not meant to appear right now?

Epic games has disabled them. For what reason is unclear but I think they should return whenever epic decides what was wrong with them to disable in the first place.

Yea I think our problem with the cape is more to do with its material, colour and placement, it just doesn't sit right on most skins and it's not goofy enough to be worn as meme material either.

Oh I wasn't referring to their health, just that after a couple of minutes you could usually tell who are the super sweaty ones that you shouldn't bother aiming for, go for the ones whose names show up as being eliminated fairly often. Still, this is all hindsight since the event is over, lol.

Yea I never bothered with the Pro 100 exploits, definitely my least favourite of the three Creative challenge maps, in no small part because of the revive challenge.

Marvel in Fortnite was pretty much made for people like you and ManaByte lol. I do wonder how they'll 'compensate' for people in the future that didn't play C2S4, most of those BP skins are great. Like what kind of variations would they put out for Wolverine, Ironman etc.?

Yeah overall the cape isn't very appealing visually or mechanically wise. and good advice I'll pay attention to the kill feed to see who is easy for pickings in the future. *rubs hands together and smiles evily* its certainly not the best, but getting a rocket launcher and it's over before it starts regardless if It's me or whoever on the other enemy team gets the secret gold hidden in the map. but to me, you gotta be good with your shots to be a rocket launcher pro. and boy do I love seeing that satisfying knocked username display and crunch sound when you down someone with a rocket haha. for Ironman they can easily put out the mcu version the mark 50 as the BP Ironman greatly resembles the mark 85 they can use one of the various incarnations from the comics. Wolverine is tricky because they have used his comic book appearance, his classic comic book appearance, the Logan style which everyone is familiar with due to the Fox interpretation of him. and the foil styles are all edit styles for him. only thing I can think of is either his ultimate x-men incarnation or weapon X from the age of Apocalypse timeline. Btw this is the mark 50 I was talking about.
1xIy2vt.png

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Curious to know how often everyone is dealing with UFOs in the late game (6 or less left)? Me and my duo partner are maintaining a 30 percent win rate by being UFO pilots the whole match. People dont seem to look up all that often when there's 6 left.

Epic games has disabled them. For what reason is unclear but I think they should return whenever epic decides what was wrong with them to disable in the first place.
Heads up to you and nightmare-slain nightmare-slain , now that Abductors are MIA it's a decent time to attempt Cosmic Chests with randoms. Prior to this you'd often have teammates opting to go for Abductor POIs which almost always cancels out the Cosmic Chest attempt with how the abduction works.

Yeah overall the cape isn't very appealing visually or mechanically wise. and good advice I'll pay attention to the kill feed to see who is easy for pickings in the future. *rubs hands together and smiles evily* its certainly not the best, but getting a rocket launcher and it's over before it starts regardless if It's me or whoever on the other enemy team gets the secret gold hidden in the map. but to me, you gotta be good with your shots to be a rocket launcher pro. and boy do I love seeing that satisfying knocked username display and crunch sound when you down someone with a rocket haha. for Ironman they can easily put out the mcu version the mark 50 as the BP Ironman greatly resembles the mark 85 they can use one of the various incarnations from the comics. Wolverine is tricky because they have used his comic book appearance, his classic comic book appearance, the Logan style which everyone is familiar with due to the Fox interpretation of him. and the foil styles are all edit styles for him. only thing I can think of is either his ultimate x-men incarnation or weapon X from the age of Apocalypse timeline. Btw this is the mark 50 I was talking about.
1xIy2vt.png
Yea I was thinking of Weapon X for Wolverine as well, not sure how appealing that'd be though.

And man, I like this Mark 50 design, wish the 'mouth' had a bit more presence but 99% of the suit having curves for lines is really quite lovely. Ironman feels like he's very ripe for milking the shop lol.

Curious to know how often everyone is dealing with UFOs in the late game (6 or less left)? Me and my duo partner are maintaining a 30 percent win rate by being UFO pilots the whole match. People dont seem to look up all that often when there's 6 left.
If you wanna know what my general experience is like, play squad fill with randoms for 9/10 matches.

Heads up to you and nightmare-slain nightmare-slain , now that Abductors are MIA it's a decent time to attempt Cosmic Chests with randoms. Prior to this you'd often have teammates opting to go for Abductor POIs which almost always cancels out the Cosmic Chest attempt with how the abduction works.

Ah okay thanks for the heads up. may just start doing that right away, but knowing epic they probably will bring them back the minute I attempt to do them. Lol

Yea I was thinking of Weapon X for Wolverine as well, not sure how appealing that'd be though.

And man, I like this Mark 50 design, wish the 'mouth' had a bit more presence but 99% of the suit having curves for lines is really quite lovely. Ironman feels like he's very ripe for milking the shop lol.

Now that I'm thinking about it, they could also do X-23 as a skin. she's basically female wolverine and I bet she'd sell alot since most fortnite players prefer female skins. and yeah that design is so cleannnn, I'm surprised with all the suits that were in display cases. that Epic didn't try to make the "armored wars" bundle lol.

Iu6gpmV.jpg

Ah okay thanks for the heads up. may just start doing that right away, but knowing epic they probably will bring them back the minute I attempt to do them. Lol

Now that I'm thinking about it, they could also do X-23 as a skin. she's basically female wolverine and I bet she'd sell alot since most fortnite players prefer female skins. and yeah that design is so cleannnn, I'm surprised with all the suits that were in display cases. that Epic didn't try to make the "armored wars" bundle lol.

Iu6gpmV.jpg
Lol, they reenabled Abductors within the last 24hrs or something. Anyway I have already unlocked all the armour+glow styles for Kymera, so the back bling is at its most useful now :D

Yea X-23 is pretty but I was thinking more along the lines of Epic finding ways to provide alternate styles of BP skins, like how Summer Drift was a thing for people who couldn't get Drift back In C1S5.

Can you imagine an entire BP of nothing but eight different Ironman armour variants? LOL!

Lol, they reenabled Abductors within the last 24hrs or something. Anyway I have already unlocked all the armour+glow styles for Kymera, so the back bling is at its most useful now :D

Yea X-23 is pretty but I was thinking more along the lines of Epic finding ways to provide alternate styles of BP skins, like how Summer Drift was a thing for people who couldn't get Drift back In C1S5.

Can you imagine an entire BP of nothing but eight different Ironman armour variants? LOL!

Yeah I saw the tweet lol. oh well, got all the armor styles for Kymera as well as the different heads. now working on the eyes or glows for the back bling next. there is ways of introducing a different version of wolverine. after all we have four different batman, all but one being snapshots of the original. if I remember correctly age of apocalypse wolverines hand or one them was cut off. so I can't imagine how that would work if you implemented the snkt emote. thats why I suggested ultimate wolverine or whenever they decide to introduce the MCU version of him. I think fortnite players would be more or less pissed off at the idea lol.

This is one of those cases where every item in the set looks to be more appealing than the skin itself.

Yeah, I still like it though. Both styles aren't jaw dropping but that's to be expected, isn't much you can do for a world famous basketball player. same thing with Travis scott though I give epic props for astro Jack's design. still gonna pick up the entire LeBron james set in case it never comes back. still regret not being able at time to buy Travis Scott's skins and gear.

Yeah I saw the tweet lol. oh well, got all the armor styles for Kymera as well as the different heads. now working on the eyes or glows for the back bling next. there is ways of introducing a different version of wolverine. after all we have four different batman, all but one being snapshots of the original. if I remember correctly age of apocalypse wolverines hand or one them was cut off. so I can't imagine how that would work if you implemented the snkt emote. thats why I suggested ultimate wolverine or whenever they decide to introduce the MCU version of him. I think fortnite players would be more or less pissed off at the idea lol.

Yeah, I still like it though. Both styles aren't jaw dropping but that's to be expected, isn't much you can do for a world famous basketball player. same thing with Travis scott though I give epic props for astro Jack's design. still gonna pick up the entire LeBron james set in case it never comes back. still regret not being able at time to buy Travis Scott's skins and gear.
The annoying aspect about Kymera's head styles is that around half of them aren't to my taste, but the last one is very much my thing (final head + jaw 4 is basically a Junji Ito creature IMO) so yea. At least he isn't a committal style thing like Maya was.

Speaking of one-handed skins, I think so far Blackheart (C1S8 pirate) is the only one who has a hook for one of his hands and it makes some emotes kinda funny to behold.

As for LeBron, they could have maybe done something like Neymar Jr, where he has a transformed style that's actually quite cool.

Anyway, I don't want to impinge on your purchase choices, but I'd suggest only getting the cosmetics if you really like them, as opposed to a FOMO thing. I remember when Epic tried to push sales of Fishstick in the first FN World Cup by including a style that was limited to that period of purchase only, lol. He's a goofy mascot for sure, just not something I wanna wear and I dislike feeling pressured into buying stuff, no matter how subtle or overt.

The annoying aspect about Kymera's head styles is that around half of them aren't to my taste, but the last one is very much my thing (final head + jaw 4 is basically a Junji Ito creature IMO) so yea. At least he isn't a committal style thing like Maya was.

Speaking of one-handed skins, I think so far Blackheart (C1S8 pirate) is the only one who has a hook for one of his hands and it makes some emotes kinda funny to behold.

As for LeBron, they could have maybe done something like Neymar Jr, where he has a transformed style that's actually quite cool.

Anyway, I don't want to impinge on your purchase choices, but I'd suggest only getting the cosmetics if you really like them, as opposed to a FOMO thing. I remember when Epic tried to push sales of Fishstick in the first FN World Cup by including a style that was limited to that period of purchase only, lol. He's a goofy mascot for sure, just not something I wanna wear and I dislike feeling pressured into buying stuff, no matter how subtle or overt.

I think we chose similar styles of head and jaw lol. this is my current appearance of my kymera, I tried to go for a evil "purple" overlord look for him. Final head style reminds of void from the japanese Manga berserk. that and those classic B movie Martian aliens from 1950's or 60's sci fi movies. overall I'm pretty satisfied with this and don't really see myself changing it for a very long time.

sPwU0RE.jpg

Oh yeah, watched a video of that or it atleast it was mentioned in a top 10 broken emotes/that don't go with this skin deal lmao. as for LeBron I do admit having a full fledged gold and black armored style would of be lit. but overall I absolutely like the entire set and don't regret my purchase one bit. they did a bang up job on catching LeBron's likeness to a T albeit in a cartoony way but that's always been fortnite's graphics engine art direction. another reason why I chose to get the entire set as I'm born in august and my star sign is Leo. I like having lion related stuff especially the pickaxe and emote which I'm gladly using on every player I eliminate lol. silly reason I know but it's something that stood out to me about his set.

Another comicbook/skin code tie in. It's unclear who is the mystery skin gonna be. some theorized it could be the batman who laughs.

Last edited:

As with every rumor take it with a grain of salt. but if it's all true then damn epic has some things ready and willing to rock our socks off lol.

I think we chose similar styles of head and jaw lol. this is my current appearance of my kymera, I tried to go for a evil "purple" overlord look for him. Final head style reminds of void from the japanese Manga berserk. that and those classic B movie Martian aliens from 1950's or 60's sci fi movies. overall I'm pretty satisfied with this and don't really see myself changing it for a very long time.

sPwU0RE.jpg

Oh yeah, watched a video of that or it atleast it was mentioned in a top 10 broken emotes/that don't go with this skin deal lmao. as for LeBron I do admit having a full fledged gold and black armored style would of be lit. but overall I absolutely like the entire set and don't regret my purchase one bit. they did a bang up job on catching LeBron's likeness to a T albeit in a cartoony way but that's always been fortnite's graphics engine art direction. another reason why I chose to get the entire set as I'm born in august and my star sign is Leo. I like having lion related stuff especially the pickaxe and emote which I'm gladly using on every player I eliminate lol. silly reason I know but it's something that stood out to me about his set.
Yea I think the jaw you picked is to the right of the one I was referring to lol. They're both great though and definitely my favourite jaws in the lot.

Void from Berserk...I never did remember his name but I know which member you're talking about with the exposed brain lol. Doesn't help that they had very little 'screentime' in the manga.

If it makes you happy then the purchase is definitely justified, personally I'll probably just get the accessories bundle. Glider has a very Deus Ex Human Revolution feel to it, mainly due to being wings with a black+gold motif.

Personally I assume everyone has at least one silly (some might say charming) reason for some of the things they like or do, it's just whether they care to share it with others or not :D

Another comicbook/skin code tie in. It's unclear who is the mystery skin gonna be. some theorized it could be the batman who laughs.

Shiiit, this cover involves Greg Capullo.

As with every rumor take it with a grain of salt. but if it's all true then damn epic has some things ready and willing to rock our socks off lol.

Oh yea I read it on the day it was leaked and I'd like to believe it's true, hehe. Dopus Maximus Awaitus.

Dramatic recreation of that moment when everyone drops in Pleasant Park and you got a pistol first...while also having 8x higher framerate than everyone else.

Yea I think the jaw you picked is to the right of the one I was referring to lol. They're both great though and definitely my favourite jaws in the lot.

Void from Berserk...I never did remember his name but I know which member you're talking about with the exposed brain lol. Doesn't help that they had very little 'screentime' in the manga.

If it makes you happy then the purchase is definitely justified, personally I'll probably just get the accessories bundle. Glider has a very Deus Ex Human Revolution feel to it, mainly due to being wings with a black+gold motif.

Personally I assume everyone has at least one silly (some might say charming) reason for some of the things they like or do, it's just whether they care to share it with others or not :D

It was the one and only jaw that stood out for me. but there is a plethora of options to choose from and thank God we can switch or choose whatever and whenever we want unlike Maya. I wish we had that option with her, because sometimes I want to switch tattoos and hairstyles on the fly. oh yeah, can't expect to see much from a being who is basically god like or similar to a hellraiser eldrich being lol. the God hand are probably my favorite "behind the curtain" bad guys. and yup, I love black and gold and especially in fortnite. so that style with the gold lion pauldrons and crown sold it for me. I also love the vibrant colors of the tune squad skin. probably will be only basket ball skins I'll run in-game for me personally. On 13 out 23 on the king james quests so I'm slowly progressing the gold styles of the entire set. imagine a Adam Jensen skin....what a cool addition to the gaming legends series that would be! And yeah u normally don't confess or reveal that sort of stuff regularly. but just running the entire set has been fun so I just wanted someone to know.

Shiiit, this cover involves Greg Capullo.

Oh yea I read it on the day it was leaked and I'd like to believe it's true, hehe. Dopus Maximus Awaitus.

I'm going into pure tinfoil hat mode for this. bare with me, Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder are the creator and artist for the batman who laughs. this comic comes out in October which is the spookiest time of the year. and batman who laughs is one hell of a creepy DC character. it could be nightwing, Batgirl, hell riddler and penguin are name dropped. So it can be a number of gotham natives, that's the thing though. This is primarily set in gotham and not on the BR island. who's in gotham at the end of issue 6? Lex luthor, batman who laughs, and doctor Sloan. And oh yeah, alot of people were put on red alert by that mention of mechs. we're they really that bad as people made them out to be? I never played in season X so I wouldn't know lol.

i have 1 challenge left for 30k. it says to destroy hiding places... i don't know what this means?

edit: nvm. the text could be a bit more helpful. maybe i'm just dumb lol

Last edited:
It was the one and only jaw that stood out for me. but there is a plethora of options to choose from and thank God we can switch or choose whatever and whenever we want unlike Maya. I wish we had that option with her, because sometimes I want to switch tattoos and hairstyles on the fly. oh yeah, can't expect to see much from a being who is basically god like or similar to a hellraiser eldrich being lol. the God hand are probably my favorite "behind the curtain" bad guys. and yup, I love black and gold and especially in fortnite. so that style with the gold lion pauldrons and crown sold it for me. I also love the vibrant colors of the tune squad skin. probably will be only basket ball skins I'll run in-game for me personally. On 13 out 23 on the king james quests so I'm slowly progressing the gold styles of the entire set. imagine a Adam Jensen skin....what a cool addition to the gaming legends series that would be! And yeah u normally don't confess or reveal that sort of stuff regularly. but just running the entire set has been fun so I just wanted someone to know.

I'm going into pure tinfoil hat mode for this. bare with me, Greg Capullo and Scott Snyder are the creator and artist for the batman who laughs. this comic comes out in October which is the spookiest time of the year. and batman who laughs is one hell of a creepy DC character. it could be nightwing, Batgirl, hell riddler and penguin are name dropped. So it can be a number of gotham natives, that's the thing though. This is primarily set in gotham and not on the BR island. who's in gotham at the end of issue 6? Lex luthor, batman who laughs, and doctor Sloan. And oh yeah, alot of people were put on red alert by that mention of mechs. we're they really that bad as people made them out to be? I never played in season X so I wouldn't know lol.
Wasn't the biggest fan of the permanent choices we had to make but ultimately I think it's a cool experiment that didn't mind them trying out once. It's also somewhat cool to come across different Mayas every now and then, knowing that these are the choices they decide to "no regerts" with haha.

I'd totally be down with an Adam Jensen skin but that would require Squenix to remember they own the IP to begin with, lol. Fortnite tends to collaborate with these other franchises to coincide with some upcoming release or event.

Well, thanks for sharing your reason for running and enjoying the set! It's always good to read about stuff like that.

The Batman Who Laughs would be dope, even if I'm not familiar with the character. Twisted, spooky designs would be very, very welcome for the Halloween releases. Imagine them also releasing a Carnage skin (going with Venom 2) so that we have two psychotic supervillains on the island, lol.

Edit: Oh and ignore the Brute PTSDers. Not saying the Brutes weren't overpowered in SX but to assume that they'd return exactly as they were is quite silly. So many things have changed throughout the years but these people are addicted to worrying.

Last edited:
Wasn't the biggest fan of the permanent choices we had to make but ultimately I think it's a cool experiment that didn't mind them trying out once. It's also somewhat cool to come across different Mayas every now and then, knowing that these are the choices they decide to "no regerts" with haha.

I'd totally be down with an Adam Jensen skin but that would require Squenix to remember they own the IP to begin with, lol. Fortnite tends to collaborate with these other franchises to coincide with some upcoming release or event.

Well, thanks for sharing your reason for running and enjoying the set! It's always good to read about stuff like that.

The Batman Who Laughs would be dope, even if I'm not familiar with the character. Twisted, spooky designs would be very, very welcome for the Halloween releases. Imagine them also releasing a Carnage skin (going with Venom 2) so that we have two psychotic supervillains on the island, lol.

Edit: Oh and ignore the Brute PTSDers. Not saying the Brutes weren't overpowered in SX but to assume that they'd return exactly as they were is quite silly. So many things have changed throughout the years but these people are addicted to worrying.

Yeah, I really don't regret the choices I made. I just wish I could switch or tweak a few things here or there. overall I like my ponytail inked up Maya. It's a damn shame how Square Enix treated Deus Ex. as a fan of cyberpunk media, art, anime, movies, literature, games and techno to 80's infused synthwave. and yeah it would be sweet, but oh well here's hoping one day Square wise up to revive or continue it at some point. though I imagine it won't be for a while due to their marvel contract. And thanks, not a whole lot of people care or are interested hearing what's on my mind most of the time. I would rank the batman who laughs as one of my latest and most favorite of the batman rogues gallery. it's such a interesting character because what makes him terrifying is that he's got batman's intelligence and knowledge. but the dark, violent and unpredictable nature that is so present with the joker. it makes him more terrifying than joker imo lol which is saying alot. Carnage as a skin would be really sweet. There is a rumor about that, so hopefully it's true, and here's hoping his backbling isn't another freaking symbiote tote yeesh. And yeah, I figured if they do bring back the mechs, they'll be heavily nerfed if not toned down. I'm think epic is very aware of the controversy that would follow so I don't see them making that mistake. people like to be super dramatic about most things nowadays. that's twitter for ya lol.

truth777

Banned
They should make a weak point on the UFO, that, if damaged, reverses the controls for it.
It needs something, bc it’s really hard to counter if it’s on top of you.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
They should make a weak point on the UFO, that, if damaged, reverses the controls for it.
It needs something, bc it’s really hard to counter if it’s on top of you.

You might already know this but, as a UFO fiend, we hate it when you ground people ignore building and just AR us out of the sky.

You can take a full health UFO down by the time it takes us to shoot 2 or 3 orbs at you.

truth777

Banned
You might already know this but, as a UFO fiend, we hate it when you ground people ignore building and just AR us out of the sky.

You can take a full health UFO down by the time it takes us to shoot 2 or 3 orbs at you.
Originally, I was minding my business until the UFO fiends started third partying me towards the end. Now, I drop everything if I see one and rail gun. 😁

Yeah, I really don't regret the choices I made. I just wish I could switch or tweak a few things here or there. overall I like my ponytail inked up Maya. It's a damn shame how Square Enix treated Deus Ex. as a fan of cyberpunk media, art, anime, movies, literature, games and techno to 80's infused synthwave. and yeah it would be sweet, but oh well here's hoping one day Square wise up to revive or continue it at some point. though I imagine it won't be for a while due to their marvel contract. And thanks, not a whole lot of people care or are interested hearing what's on my mind most of the time. I would rank the batman who laughs as one of my latest and most favorite of the batman rogues gallery. it's such a interesting character because what makes him terrifying is that he's got batman's intelligence and knowledge. but the dark, violent and unpredictable nature that is so present with the joker. it makes him more terrifying than joker imo lol which is saying alot. Carnage as a skin would be really sweet. There is a rumor about that, so hopefully it's true, and here's hoping his backbling isn't another freaking symbiote tote yeesh. And yeah, I figured if they do bring back the mechs, they'll be heavily nerfed if not toned down. I'm think epic is very aware of the controversy that would follow so I don't see them making that mistake. people like to be super dramatic about most things nowadays. that's twitter for ya lol.
Yea, sometimes you just wanna shake things up. My biggest gripe from that period was probably the umbrella and how the lighting in the customization screen made it hard to tell what you'd be seeing in most of your actual gliding.

Hmm, on one hand I'm annoyed that modern DX is on hiatus, on the other hand I'm somewhat grateful we even got two games out of it, though I'm surprised they never saw fit to port DXHR Director's Cut to the Switch (gyro controls and all) seeing as it was on the Wii U. People lament the cliffhanger ending of part 2 but I lament the constrained execution of both Hengshas in DXHR. What we saw in concept art and got to experience are miles apart.

Well, at the very least I think these "silly" rationales are often interesting, relatable and require the teller to put themselves in a vulnerable position. Ultimately it's like a virtual campfire where we get to trade stories and realize we aren't alone in making funky decisions lol. I don't expect everyone to share them, but I'm thankful when they happen.

I can't help but think of TBWL (Batman Who Laughs) as being along the same lines as Marvel's Onslaught, the fusion of Professor X and Magneto. Feels like a trope of most superhero fiction at some point.

If they pull off Carnage well (like they most probably would) I think most of us would close one eye to the back bling. Like, would you rather have a badass Carnage skin with shit BB or shit Carnage skin with badass BB? Heh.

I mean Epic has tweaked plenty of returning items, even the Drum Gun when it got voted during the unvaulting event years ago but like you say, people wanna throw shit at Epic. Also, I'd assume that when something is OP in Fortnite, 90% of the time it's intentional.

Considering he got permabanned I'll just put my own approach to UFOs as a reply here.

What I do is simply build a wall+roof (20 mats) to block an incoming UFO shot then shoot at it during the gaps. No rocket science needed. I think a single well placed ramp/roof should work just as well but I'm fine with spending 10 more mats per UFO shot.

The wrecking ball types call for a different approach, but they can't shoot when their beam is in use anyway.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Considering he got permabanned I'll just put my own approach to UFOs as a reply here.

What I do is simply build a wall+roof (20 mats) to block an incoming UFO shot then shoot at it during the gaps. No rocket science needed. I think a single well placed ramp/roof should work just as well but I'm fine with spending 10 more mats per UFO shot.

The wrecking ball types call for a different approach, but they can't shoot when their beam is in use anyway.

Ewww, we hate players like you. Can never beat you in a fair fight. The only counter we have is to sneak orbs on the ground next to you because everyone builds that top piece.

We've tried dragging rocks over people a few times but that rarely seems to work because it doesn't break builds. Are those people a headache for you? Maybe I'm missing something with that tactic?

Ewww, we hate players like you. Can never beat you in a fair fight. The only counter we have is to sneak orbs on the ground next to you because everyone builds that top piece.

We've tried dragging rocks over people a few times but that rarely seems to work because it doesn't break builds. Are those people a headache for you? Maybe I'm missing something with that tactic?
Nah I'm not that good, I just try to look for simple solutions to problems. What orbs are you talking about, the spherical rocks??

I took some pointers from Lazarbeam's exploits in the first two week: if I'm gonna drag an object through builds I want it as big as possible, so preferably one of those trucks or its container. Rocks are probably best for bowling like in your OP loool.

Oh and I don't use UFOs every time because I play with randoms; having all three of them land in the same location is a mini miracle in itself.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Does anyone here know how keybindings actually work on PC? I'm having difficulties getting them the way I want. For example, I have E bound to a bunch of actions, like use/forage/open doors/exit vehicles and so on, but when I try to use left shift as boost for the UFOs, it will immediately unbind my weapon slot 1 toggle, which is crucial to me. I just don't understand why some keys can be used for multiple actions, but not left shift?

Any experts around that could clarify this for me?

Yea, sometimes you just wanna shake things up. My biggest gripe from that period was probably the umbrella and how the lighting in the customization screen made it hard to tell what you'd be seeing in most of your actual gliding.

Hmm, on one hand I'm annoyed that modern DX is on hiatus, on the other hand I'm somewhat grateful we even got two games out of it, though I'm surprised they never saw fit to port DXHR Director's Cut to the Switch (gyro controls and all) seeing as it was on the Wii U. People lament the cliffhanger ending of part 2 but I lament the constrained execution of both Hengshas in DXHR. What we saw in concept art and got to experience are miles apart.

Well, at the very least I think these "silly" rationales are often interesting, relatable and require the teller to put themselves in a vulnerable position. Ultimately it's like a virtual campfire where we get to trade stories and realize we aren't alone in making funky decisions lol. I don't expect everyone to share them, but I'm thankful when they happen.

I can't help but think of TBWL (Batman Who Laughs) as being along the same lines as Marvel's Onslaught, the fusion of Professor X and Magneto. Feels like a trope of most superhero fiction at some point.

If they pull off Carnage well (like they most probably would) I think most of us would close one eye to the back bling. Like, would you rather have a badass Carnage skin with shit BB or shit Carnage skin with badass BB? Heh.

I mean Epic has tweaked plenty of returning items, even the Drum Gun when it got voted during the unvaulting event years ago but like you say, people wanna throw shit at Epic. Also, I'd assume that when something is OP in Fortnite, 90% of the time it's intentional.

Yeah, sometimes I do wish I could change or tweak a few things here and there. but I do like how it all turned out, atleast we got the option to customize her however we wanted. to be completely honest, I totally forgot about the customizable umbrella from chapter 2 season 3. there was some many zany options that it was hard to really choose what exactly I wanted. seeing as I'm big hamburger guy, and even though I don't have any of the beef burger skins (waiting for when he drops into the item shop again) I decided to customize and make my umbrella a beef boss one lol. it has the funny little beef boss head at the top, with the spatula at the bottom nob and it's orange and blue, with a propane tank. It's funny to look at, but I really don't use it, maybe if I get beef boss I'll eventually run it. and I agree, it could of stayed dormant or when they first announced human revolution it could ended up as vaporware. nothing is worse than announcing a game years ago only to never hear from it ever again *cough agent* lol. and that's actually a fare comparison, combining two of the most recognized characters in their respective franchises as one single but dangerous entity. though as a big X-men fan was never fond of onslaught imo. always have been a Magneto/apocalypse/ mister sinister guy. hell i prefer even the shadow king over onslaught. true in the end, the backbling serves no purpose beyond combos and fashion shows. the Carnage skin is...inevitable. I wonder if they'll make it slender and big like he venom or just as tall but slim. And yeah they'll basically moan and complain about almost anything. there was so much whining about the primal shotgun that it was nerfed into the ground. completely taking the fun or joy out of using it. plus I watched videos on brutes and the most effective way to stop them, was to hop into them and self destruct. it was risky by the looks of it but there was effective ways to stop them.

This may or may not be our next crew pack for august. but general consensus is that it's 99% going to be ava due to two encrypted wraps who bear the same exact meowscles logo on her shirt in the concept images from the concept image from her creator and leaked survey skins.

Does anyone here know how keybindings actually work on PC? I'm having difficulties getting them the way I want. For example, I have E bound to a bunch of actions, like use/forage/open doors/exit vehicles and so on, but when I try to use left shift as boost for the UFOs, it will immediately unbind my weapon slot 1 toggle, which is crucial to me. I just don't understand why some keys can be used for multiple actions, but not left shift?

Any experts around that could clarify this for me?
I'm not sure but even on controller I've had to wrestle (for years) with Fortnite's lack of universal contextual inputs.

Eg. To enter a UFO I use my Interact button but to exit it I need to use my Edit button because I'm using custom bindings.

Ultimately the best answer I can give you is "Adapt". If you have a conflicting bind like the one you described, consider which action is more important in the grand scheme and change the other one. In this case it just means you should find another key for boosting vehicles.

Yeah, sometimes I do wish I could change or tweak a few things here and there. but I do like how it all turned out, atleast we got the option to customize her however we wanted. to be completely honest, I totally forgot about the customizable umbrella from chapter 2 season 3. there was some many zany options that it was hard to really choose what exactly I wanted. seeing as I'm big hamburger guy, and even though I don't have any of the beef burger skins (waiting for when he drops into the item shop again) I decided to customize and make my umbrella a beef boss one lol. it has the funny little beef boss head at the top, with the spatula at the bottom nob and it's orange and blue, with a propane tank. It's funny to look at, but I really don't use it, maybe if I get beef boss I'll eventually run it. and I agree, it could of stayed dormant or when they first announced human revolution it could ended up as vaporware. nothing is worse than announcing a game years ago only to never hear from it ever again *cough agent* lol. and that's actually a fare comparison, combining two of the most recognized characters in their respective franchises as one single but dangerous entity. though as a big X-men fan was never fond of onslaught imo. always have been a Magneto/apocalypse/ mister sinister guy. hell i prefer even the shadow king over onslaught. true in the end, the backbling serves no purpose beyond combos and fashion shows. the Carnage skin is...inevitable. I wonder if they'll make it slender and big like he venom or just as tall but slim. And yeah they'll basically moan and complain about almost anything. there was so much whining about the primal shotgun that it was nerfed into the ground. completely taking the fun or joy out of using it. plus I watched videos on brutes and the most effective way to stop them, was to hop into them and self destruct. it was risky by the looks of it but there was effective ways to stop them.
Lol, your Durrbrella has a funny backstory, when you finally get Beef Boss maybe capture a screenshot of him gliding with it. Oh and, I wouldn't mind an umbrella where the canopy is basically a pizza :D

What's "agent"?

Yea Magneto is definitely cooler than Onslaught himself, though having Onslaught is like a good excuse to have Prof X be a badass in some form.

Carnage would definitely end up slender, probably a similar size to someone like Aura (lol).

While there were certainly some answers to Brutes I think the effectiveness with which they could destroy players and builds was definitely too strong at the start. I think that was also the period when competitive modes had the exact same conditions as the regular ones.

They're still one of my favourite vehicles though and being able to make them emote is a huge reason along with them being great showcases for wraps.

Lol, your Durrbrella has a funny backstory, when you finally get Beef Boss maybe capture a screenshot of him gliding with it. Oh and, I wouldn't mind an umbrella where the canopy is basically a pizza :D

What's "agent"?

Yea Magneto is definitely cooler than Onslaught himself, though having Onslaught is like a good excuse to have Prof X be a badass in some form.

Carnage would definitely end up slender, probably a similar size to someone like Aura (lol).

While there were certainly some answers to Brutes I think the effectiveness with which they could destroy players and builds was definitely too strong at the start. I think that was also the period when competitive modes had the exact same conditions as the regular ones.

They're still one of my favourite vehicles though and being able to make them emote is a huge reason along with them being great showcases for wraps.

Lol will do, though the picture might end up looking like utter shite. I play mostly on mobile so the quality won't be great. too bad we didn't get pizza pit customization options. I definitely would of made a pizzabrella haha. though liking the nickname you gave my glider will use lol. oh agent was this so called big ps3 exclusive announced by Sony at e3 in summer of 2009. it was being developed by Rockstar games so that's why it was considered a big deal at the time. overtime no one, not even Dorito Pope Geoff Keighley was able to get any concrete information on a trailer or gameplay demo. since then it's basically been just vaporware. like the mythical fart of a unicorn, it's rumored and talked about but everybody knows it's basically dead at this point. I could be wrong but it was announced way back in 2009, and we're here in 2021 lol. Definitely would love more X-men skins, love the X-force set. Wolverine and the other two such as Mystique and storm are great too. kinda surprised we haven't gotten Sabertooth or nightcrawler. could definitely see a teleport emote with him. imagine in the emote he suddenly poofs from spot to spot then back to the same spot with blue smoke. sounds difficult to animate but it would be cool. and lol hopefully not, I like slender skins don't get me wrong but sometimes I do look at the one's who are and it's suddenly unsettling to me lol. yeah I noticed when players would charge up that rocket barrage thing that they would instantly eat through builds and even eliminate players outright. it definitely seemed OP no question, but as I've seen or observed it was alot of exaggeration on most players part to being this one particular vehicle that was supposedly "killing" fortnite at the time. that actually is one of my favorite things I noticed when watching old clips of people using them lol.

QsQk963.jpg

xjgPX5b.jpg
8Q62opb.jpg
8R85EaZ.jpg

At first I wasn't really sold or keen on these skins when they were first leaked. but after running one in game and experimenting with different wraps. both animated and reactive, I can wholeheartedly say that these are some of if not some of the best customizable skins/pickaxes in-game. if you own a butt load of wraps, then these skins are perfect and I highly recommend them. Possibilities for combos are endless and reactive nature of the wraps on these skins coats and pickaxes are incredible. Got to give props to whoever came up and designed these at epic games 👍

this is the furthest i've levelled up in this game. currently at lvl 117. completed the battle pass. i think until now my previous record was like ~20 lol. i got hooked on the game at the start of this season and honestly thought it wouldn't last long cause i tend to lose interest quickly but i'm still playing every day. getting new items is harder now cause i need way more battle stars but it's still satisfying seeing my level go up lol.

i'm getting tired of the season theme and want something new. i'm tired of the UFOs and those little aliens that attach to you.

i've spent a total of £318 on this game so far (since July 2018) :messenger_hushed: and £41 of that is since the start of this season.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'm losing steam on this season. I think I'm level 82 right now but don't know how much more I'm going to play.

Winning one out of every three or four matches definitely diminishes the joy of the game imo.

Top Bottom