• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 7: Invasion

n6xkemt.jpg
oNb7Elv.jpg
2FVLd11.jpg
aT6zrU1.jpg

Last night a bunch of leakers ShiinaBR, IFireMonkey, and few others got a bunch of decrypted files notifications. These 3 posters are in game and this morning I went into battle labs to see for myself. a bunch is in lazy lake, and I found two in Weeping Woods. why is this important you ask? these posters are believed to be connected to the new mid season live event. but they also seemed to be speculation that these are related to Ariana grande.

Cfo7G7k.jpg

Hawks Eclipse Hawks Eclipse

There's that "Durrbrella" photo I owe you lol

Lol will do, though the picture might end up looking like utter shite. I play mostly on mobile so the quality won't be great. too bad we didn't get pizza pit customization options. I definitely would of made a pizzabrella haha. though liking the nickname you gave my glider will use lol. oh agent was this so called big ps3 exclusive announced by Sony at e3 in summer of 2009. it was being developed by Rockstar games so that's why it was considered a big deal at the time. overtime no one, not even Dorito Pope Geoff Keighley was able to get any concrete information on a trailer or gameplay demo. since then it's basically been just vaporware. like the mythical fart of a unicorn, it's rumored and talked about but everybody knows it's basically dead at this point. I could be wrong but it was announced way back in 2009, and we're here in 2021 lol. Definitely would love more X-men skins, love the X-force set. Wolverine and the other two such as Mystique and storm are great too. kinda surprised we haven't gotten Sabertooth or nightcrawler. could definitely see a teleport emote with him. imagine in the emote he suddenly poofs from spot to spot then back to the same spot with blue smoke. sounds difficult to animate but it would be cool. and lol hopefully not, I like slender skins don't get me wrong but sometimes I do look at the one's who are and it's suddenly unsettling to me lol. yeah I noticed when players would charge up that rocket barrage thing that they would instantly eat through builds and even eliminate players outright. it definitely seemed OP no question, but as I've seen or observed it was alot of exaggeration on most players part to being this one particular vehicle that was supposedly "killing" fortnite at the time. that actually is one of my favorite things I noticed when watching old clips of people using them lol.
Heh not an issue; you've uploaded mobile screenshots for as long as I can remember and it works for me, it's nowhere near to the times when the proper textures obviously haven't loaded in lol.
pFF6Ise.jpg

And indeed, pizzas are just as great as burgers, so it's a shame those options weren't available for the brella, though honestly I wouldn't use them unless it wasn't permanently locked in...

Somehow I feel bad so consider also using the name beefbrella haha.

I never knew or heard of this Agent game, it does sound interesting since it's Rockstar. Reminds me of Capcom's Deep Down (which I at least heard of lol).

The way you describe the Teleport emote makes me think of the Flash's.

Dude if the Carnage skin doesn't turn out unsettling then it wouldn't be doing its job :D

I don't remember all the details of the Brute though it definitely earned its notoriety at the time pre-nerf, regardless that season was Xtremely cool in terms of aesthetics; the suspended meteorite was easily my favourite aspect of it.
QsQk963.jpg

xjgPX5b.jpg
8Q62opb.jpg
8R85EaZ.jpg

At first I wasn't really sold or keen on these skins when they were first leaked. but after running one in game and experimenting with different wraps. both animated and reactive, I can wholeheartedly say that these are some of if not some of the best customizable skins/pickaxes in-game. if you own a butt load of wraps, then these skins are perfect and I highly recommend them. Possibilities for combos are endless and reactive nature of the wraps on these skins coats and pickaxes are incredible. Got to give props to whoever came up and designed these at epic games 👍
I find it funny that they swapped out one of the female models in this set, using the Autumn Queen model in place of Dynamo Dancer, I think they reckon the DD model would outsell the rest (probably as usual).

And yea this might be the second galaxy brain move with regards to cosmetics, the first being the holographic back bling that suddenly made emojis have some value above zero haha. The custom wrap back blings don't seem too hot though, I think the skins are what's gonna sell best.
n6xkemt.jpg
oNb7Elv.jpg
2FVLd11.jpg
aT6zrU1.jpg

Last night a bunch of leakers ShiinaBR, IFireMonkey, and few others got a bunch of decrypted files notifications. These 3 posters are in game and this morning I went into battle labs to see for myself. a bunch is in lazy lake, and I found two in Weeping Woods. why is this important you ask? these posters are believed to be connected to the new mid season live event. but they also seemed to be speculation that these are related to Ariana grande.

Cfo7G7k.jpg

Hawks Eclipse Hawks Eclipse

There's that "Durrbrella" photo I owe you lol
That left poster in the second pic looks like it's Durr Burger related with the colour scheme.

You're using an Xbox controller on PC for those pics I assume?

Damn, thanks for the pic! And congratulations on making a brella that probably only goes with Durr Boss and his female counterpart lol. That canopy was my second choice of the bunch IIRC, I settled on the one that has futuristic looking panels on it.

this is the furthest i've levelled up in this game. currently at lvl 117. completed the battle pass. i think until now my previous record was like ~20 lol. i got hooked on the game at the start of this season and honestly thought it wouldn't last long cause i tend to lose interest quickly but i'm still playing every day. getting new items is harder now cause i need way more battle stars but it's still satisfying seeing my level go up lol.

i'm getting tired of the season theme and want something new. i'm tired of the UFOs and those little aliens that attach to you.

i've spent a total of £318 on this game so far (since July 2018) :messenger_hushed: and £41 of that is since the start of this season.
Yea the way the BP has been designed for the past 10 seasons or so, reaching level 100 shouldn't be too much of a grind. The post-100 levels tend to take longer and are meant as incentives for people who play fairly regularly.

The alien parasites are one of my favourite additions but it was extremely annoying playing with randoms in the first two weeks when they were introduced because they'd keep shooting the parasites off me when I wanted them on, argh.

Heh not an issue; you've uploaded mobile screenshots for as long as I can remember and it works for me, it's nowhere near to the times when the proper textures obviously haven't loaded in lol.
pFF6Ise.jpg

And indeed, pizzas are just as great as burgers, so it's a shame those options weren't available for the brella, though honestly I wouldn't use them unless it wasn't permanently locked in...

Somehow I feel bad so consider also using the name beefbrella haha.

I never knew or heard of this Agent game, it does sound interesting since it's Rockstar. Reminds me of Capcom's Deep Down (which I at least heard of lol).

The way you describe the Teleport emote makes me think of the Flash's.

Dude if the Carnage skin doesn't turn out unsettling then it wouldn't be doing its job :D

I don't remember all the details of the Brute though it definitely earned its notoriety at the time pre-nerf, regardless that season was Xtremely cool in terms of aesthetics; the suspended meteorite was easily my favourite aspect of it.

I find it funny that they swapped out one of the female models in this set, using the Autumn Queen model in place of Dynamo Dancer, I think they reckon the DD model would outsell the rest (probably as usual).

And yea this might be the second galaxy brain move with regards to cosmetics, the first being the holographic back bling that suddenly made emojis have some value above zero haha. The custom wrap back blings don't seem too hot though, I think the skins are what's gonna sell best.

That left poster in the second pic looks like it's Durr Burger related with the colour scheme.

You're using an Xbox controller on PC for those pics I assume?

Damn, thanks for the pic! And congratulations on making a brella that probably only goes with Durr Boss and his female counterpart lol. That canopy was my second choice of the bunch IIRC, I settled on the one that has futuristic looking panels on it.

pc1gkxh.jpg

Gahhhh!!! I'm going to imagine that's how he looked after being snapped by Tony stark at the end of endgame lol. btw no joke I took this pic shortly after I completed enough quests to get snowmando during the operation snowmando challenges. let's say, he started to melt early lol. And yeah I would definitely welcome options or freedom to choose what to apply to a customizable item. thankfully we have that freedom with kymera. Beefbrella has a nice ring to it lol. will use instead of Durrbrella lol, and yes there is alot about agent. basically every time someone would list it as an upcoming exclusive. I bet they regret that now. because me personally I don't mind if a game needs extra time to be developed as long as it's necessary to make it a great game in long run. but 10 to 15 years? Yeah I'll pass. I Instantly thought of the flash emote when I thought it up. which is why I don't think it'd be that hard to animate. I could be wrong, but the flash one would be a great starting point to make really creative emotes for marvel or DC series skins imo. true, carnage does need to be unsettling lol. live up to name that his presence has established over the years in spiderman comics. yeah I regret not playing that season, the borderlands poi, to the gotham city poi and batman challenges, and of course the gameplay mechanics and aesthetic. seemed like a really fun season excluding the Brutes mind you. honestly I didn't even buy the backbling, I tested them in the shop on my character and didn't really find them interesting enough. the pickaxe and one of the skins is all I needed lol. been using the really flashy futuristic ones and they strangely give me season X vibes. and I agree these skins are gonna sell like crazy, I watched pizo buy the entire set and damn it was alot to buy the entire set. Interesting enough you can interact with the posters and they change colors. namely the durr burger colors. the all pink one changed to blue, interesting enough in the files it's called "piggy" which alot connected to ariana grandest actual pig irl called piggy smallz cute name lol. Nope PS4, I don't have wi-fi for my Playstation 4. So I play on mobile with my controller. tried the touch controls and instantly disliked them. and thanks!! Might get sizzle as well it depends lol. would like to see your customized brella sometime. it sounds neat

pc1gkxh.jpg

Gahhhh!!! I'm going to imagine that's how he looked after being snapped by Tony stark at the end of endgame lol. btw no joke I took this pic shortly after I completed enough quests to get snowmando during the operation snowmando challenges. let's say, he started to melt early lol. And yeah I would definitely welcome options or freedom to choose what to apply to a customizable item. thankfully we have that freedom with kymera. Beefbrella has a nice ring to it lol. will use instead of Durrbrella lol, and yes there is alot about agent. basically every time someone would list it as an upcoming exclusive. I bet they regret that now. because me personally I don't mind if a game needs extra time to be developed as long as it's necessary to make it a great game in long run. but 10 to 15 years? Yeah I'll pass. I Instantly thought of the flash emote when I thought it up. which is why I don't think it'd be that hard to animate. I could be wrong, but the flash one would be a great starting point to make really creative emotes for marvel or DC series skins imo. true, carnage does need to be unsettling lol. live up to name that his presence has established over the years in spiderman comics. yeah I regret not playing that season, the borderlands poi, to the gotham city poi and batman challenges, and of course the gameplay mechanics and aesthetic. seemed like a really fun season excluding the Brutes mind you. honestly I didn't even buy the backbling, I tested them in the shop on my character and didn't really find them interesting enough. the pickaxe and one of the skins is all I needed lol. been using the really flashy futuristic ones and they strangely give me season X vibes. and I agree these skins are gonna sell like crazy, I watched pizo buy the entire set and damn it was alot to buy the entire set. Interesting enough you can interact with the posters and they change colors. namely the durr burger colors. the all pink one changed to blue, interesting enough in the files it's called "piggy" which alot connected to ariana grandest actual pig irl called piggy smallz cute name lol. Nope PS4, I don't have wi-fi for my Playstation 4. So I play on mobile with my controller. tried the touch controls and instantly disliked them. and thanks!! Might get sizzle as well it depends lol. would like to see your customized brella sometime. it sounds neat
I think the low detail Snowmando actually looks fine just because of what he's supposed to be, certainly not as tragic a fate as Thanos' haha.

Well, the interesting thing about successful GAAS games like Fortnite is that it's basically continuing development of sorts over the years, granted the foundation of it all already took roughly 7 years prior with STW.

Argh, the Borderlands POI was great stuff real shame you didn't get to experience it. You can sort of get it in Creative mode but it's not the same ultimately. Guess experiencing it vicariously via YouTube is your best option.

In a way it sounds like you're emulating Sparkle Supreme from SX's Battle Pass with the wrap skins :D

Oh and like I posted above, apparently that piggy is the back bling for the Ariana set, never knew she kept a pig pet until you mentioned it.

Ah, so when you use a controller on mobile only Xbox button prompts are shown (aka no PS prompts built in).

Hey sure, I'll take a pic of my custom Brella and post it in here later on or something!

Edit: Missed two words prior to posting.

Last edited:
I think the low detail Snowmando actually looks fine just because of what he's supposed to be, certainly not as tragic a fate as Thanos' haha.

Well, the interesting thing about successful GAAS games like Fortnite is that it's basically continuing development of sorts over the years, granted the foundation of it all already took roughly 7 years prior with STW.

Argh, the Borderlands POI was great stuff real shame you didn't get to experience it. You can sort of get it in Creative mode but it's not the same ultimately. Guess experiencing it vicariously via YouTube is your best option.

In a way it sounds like you're emulating Sparkle Supreme from SX's Battle Pass with the wrap skins :D

Oh and like I posted above, apparently that piggy is the back bling for the Ariana set, never knew she kept a pig pet until you

Ah, so when you use a controller on mobile only Xbox button prompts are shown (aka no PS prompts built in).

Hey sure, I'll take a pic of my custom Brella and post it in here later on or something!

That thanos texture bug is legit nightmare fuel lol. Sadly I did not, I've seen gameplay bits of it and regret not playing or experiencing that season. so many things i missed out on, at the time I was Playing another free to play shooter called space lords or previously called raiders of the broken planet. and yes indeed, one of the skins other than the DJ yonder skin and the eternal voyager that I instantly regret in not buying the BP that season. oh well, it is what is I'm just trying to be apart of chapter 2 and every individual season going forward hopefully. yup, I didn't know it either myself until I did some research on it. yup it's strange and weird that I have Xbox prompts instead of Playstation ones. but essentially functions just the same if you were playing on PS4 or PS5. and awesome!! Can't wait to see!

Yeah as soon as I posted that lol. fortnite and the leading Lady herself came out and confirmed it. btw a better look at the second style. I'm curious if she'll get two skins or just one with two different edit styles.

Weird, it seems like the James Gunn tweet got deleted?

Anyway,

Yup, I went to go look at the tweet and it was deleted. not sure what that was about,

Probably some of you have already seen this. but it's really cool that crew members are getting more incentives to join or stay subscribed.

Running around as Ariana gunning people down with explosives. Maybe .. possibly a thorny subject.

We run around on the island as LeBron james, Travis scott, Marshmello doing 360 snipes along with using enlarged pickaxes to get wood and metal to build 5 star hotels in a matter of seconds. I think most people will be fine with running around as digital Ariana grande blasting fictional living bananas, cheeseburgers, half cat beef cake humanoids, and superheroes in the face lol.

Apparently while the rift tour shows will be the same. What outfit or wrap you choose will be used in some if not some parts of the experience. What that will be is unknown for now but it seems to be teased by the rainbow slide poster.

That thanos texture bug is legit nightmare fuel lol. Sadly I did not, I've seen gameplay bits of it and regret not playing or experiencing that season. so many things i missed out on, at the time I was Playing another free to play shooter called space lords or previously called raiders of the broken planet. and yes indeed, one of the skins other than the DJ yonder skin and the eternal voyager that I instantly regret in not buying the BP that season. oh well, it is what is I'm just trying to be apart of chapter 2 and every individual season going forward hopefully. yup, I didn't know it either myself until I did some research on it. yup it's strange and weird that I have Xbox prompts instead of Playstation ones. but essentially functions just the same if you were playing on PS4 or PS5. and awesome!! Can't wait to see!
I guess Thanos just got what he deserved lol.

Oh I remember that game you're talking about but I didn't try it when it was active at the time, it was on PS Plus IIRC.

Oh man, I'm not trying to rub it in but man, SX BP was easily one of the best because it was meant to be a greatest hits remix of previously released skins.

Well, Fortnite is going to make a lot more people know about the piggy haha.

Also, here are the screenshots
xjzEunG.jpg
A6gYcKD.jpg
JPtQpQL.jpg

Yeah as soon as I posted that lol. fortnite and the leading Lady herself came out and confirmed it. btw a better look at the second style. I'm curious if she'll get two skins or just one with two different edit styles.

My guess is it'll be similar to LeBron in that she'll have two skins, both with styles and there'll probably be reactivity involved. Really liking the crystalline outfit, though it feels very much like pay to lose LOL.

Probably some of you have already seen this. but it's really cool that crew members are getting more incentives to join or stay subscribed.

That brella feels wrong, I like the psychedelic look but the furriness doesn't gel well with the colours for my taste.

It does help to be an incentive since the Summer Skye set on its own isn't particularly appealing to me.

We run around on the island as LeBron james, Travis scott, Marshmello doing 360 snipes along with using enlarged pickaxes to get wood and metal to build 5 star hotels in a matter of seconds. I think most people will be fine with running around as digital Ariana grande blasting fictional living bananas, cheeseburgers, half cat beef cake humanoids, and superheroes in the face lol.
I think I know what Chonkers & Wheels is referring to:

I guess Thanos just got what he deserved lol.

Oh I remember that game you're talking about but I didn't try it when it was active at the time, it was on PS Plus IIRC.

Oh man, I'm not trying to rub it in but man, SX BP was easily one of the best because it was meant to be a greatest hits remix of previously released skins.

Well, Fortnite is going to make a lot more people know about the piggy haha.

Also, here are the screenshots
xjzEunG.jpg
A6gYcKD.jpg
JPtQpQL.jpg

My guess is it'll be similar to LeBron in that she'll have two skins, both with styles and there'll probably be reactivity involved. Really liking the crystalline outfit, though it feels very much like pay to lose LOL.

Yup, in his words dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same lol. yeah I was pretty much all over the game when I first downloaded it. character designs and artstyle is tremendously good but the gameplay and lack of content over time kinda killed it for me. it's funny because they teased this whole big threat that eventually is unleashed and it seemed like a sequel or second season would of happened. but nope, it's been recycled content and just new weapons here and there. Yeah, I've watched videos on the skins and BP overall. it seemed like a fun and badass season. shame because I like futuristic settings and between seasons 9 and 10 get me salty thinking how I missed out lol. Oh yeah Definitely, cute backbling as well he's just vibin on Ariana's back lol. And yeah, I don't mind having two skins of the same artist/celebrity. I loved the Travis scott set along with the king James set. btw did you buy any of his cosmetics like the gear bundle? And sweet umbrella!! you did a excellent job on the colors and canopy!

That brella feels wrong, I like the psychedelic look but the furriness doesn't gel well with the colours for my taste.

It does help to be an incentive since the Summer Skye set on its own isn't particularly appealing to me.

I actually quite like it, it's about the closest thing to a vibrant umbrella to kinda go with the prismatic styles of the BP skins. and yeah summer skye is pretty much the filler skin of August. while I got the entire skye set from chapter 2 season 2 to go with her. I doubt I'm gonna run her as much.
I think I know what Chonkers & Wheels is referring to:

Ohhhhh i had no idea lol

Unlocked Toxic Rick. That's it for unlock goals now. Rest will come naturally through competitive play. Looking forward to the gravity gun when home, but rest of August will be focus to make headway in Genshin Impact. But I give this season a solid 2nd place in the Chapter 2 rankings, just behind the summer flood of last year. Looking forward to seeing what Halloween brings.

We already have two. Wonder who the next two are.

If we go by common sense. one of them is female and the other male and the battle bus route is over the U.S.S.R which is Russia and it's also going over england. so Cammy and maybe zangief, guile or Ken we'll know when they reveal more this evening.

Last edited:
GRzPv4u.jpg

Ariana Grande arrives in the item shop tonight.
Her set includes Ariana grande icon series skin, rift goddess variant, sweetener sailshard glider. Lil floticorn traversal emote, 7 rings smasher pickaxe with a gem variant. image includes a wrap but it wasn't named so.

Yup, in his words dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same lol. yeah I was pretty much all over the game when I first downloaded it. character designs and artstyle is tremendously good but the gameplay and lack of content over time kinda killed it for me. it's funny because they teased this whole big threat that eventually is unleashed and it seemed like a sequel or second season would of happened. but nope, it's been recycled content and just new weapons here and there. Yeah, I've watched videos on the skins and BP overall. it seemed like a fun and badass season. shame because I like futuristic settings and between seasons 9 and 10 get me salty thinking how I missed out lol. Oh yeah Definitely, cute backbling as well he's just vibin on Ariana's back lol. And yeah, I don't mind having two skins of the same artist/celebrity. I loved the Travis scott set along with the king James set. btw did you buy any of his cosmetics like the gear bundle? And sweet umbrella!! you did a excellent job on the colors and canopy!

I actually quite like it, it's about the closest thing to a vibrant umbrella to kinda go with the prismatic styles of the BP skins. and yeah summer skye is pretty much the filler skin of August. while I got the entire skye set from chapter 2 season 2 to go with her. I doubt I'm gonna run her as much.

Ohhhhh i had no idea lol
I'll have to watch some videos of Space Overlords on YT some time then. And the teased big threat not manifesting sounds familiar doesn't it? Lol.

Man, you definitely missed out since the final two seasons in Chapter 1 leaned hard into the futuristic vibe with some POIs and gimmicks. No worries though, I'm sure Epic will revisit that theme sooner or later.

Yea I did end up getting LeBron's accessories bundle because the glider goes really well with certain skins (Rebirth Raven is an obvious pick) and the pickaxe works well with its (more or less) two styles haha.

Hmm, I'm not even sure it matches any of the prismatic styles and frankly I'm not much of a Brella user in general. Still it's a nice bonus, even if it's a recolour of the Cuddle version that'll be available for everyone this week.

Heh thanks, I went with the obvious colours of Fortnite (green+purple) cause I reckon they'd generally match a lot of stuff. Your canopy was actually my second choice but the hexagonal solar panel-looking canopy was too stylish for me to pass on, though I did deliberate for a while at the time.

Unlocked Toxic Rick. That's it for unlock goals now. Rest will come naturally through competitive play. Looking forward to the gravity gun when home, but rest of August will be focus to make headway in Genshin Impact. But I give this season a solid 2nd place in the Chapter 2 rankings, just behind the summer flood of last year. Looking forward to seeing what Halloween brings.
So far every Fortnite Halloween has been quite dope, though my favourite is still the Storm King PvE mode back in 2019.

Pickaxes and glider feel forced ("we must put some other cosmetics in their set!") but taken on their own are probably neat.

Guile looks somewhat off with his face and hair, Cammy's thighs being covered up is a crime against adults (lol).

But seriously, the most egregious error is that Cammy's emote is named Spiral Arrow when even the damn soundbite says Cannon Spike. If they mixed up Cannon Spike and Cannon Strike I'd be more understanding of it. Interestingly enough the emotes seem to be using the JP voice clips and not their Western counterparts.

I'll have to watch some videos of Space Overlords on YT some time then. And the teased big threat not manifesting sounds familiar doesn't it? Lol.

Man, you definitely missed out since the final two seasons in Chapter 1 leaned hard into the futuristic vibe with some POIs and gimmicks. No worries though, I'm sure Epic will revisit that theme sooner or later.

Yea I did end up getting LeBron's accessories bundle because the glider goes really well with certain skins (Rebirth Raven is an obvious pick) and the pickaxe works well with its (more or less) two styles haha.

Hmm, I'm not even sure it matches any of the prismatic styles and frankly I'm not much of a Brella user in general. Still it's a nice bonus, even if it's a recolour of the Cuddle version that'll be available for everyone this week.

Heh thanks, I went with the obvious colours of Fortnite (green+purple) cause I reckon they'd generally match a lot of stuff. Your canopy was actually my second choice but the hexagonal solar panel-looking canopy was too stylish for me to pass on, though I did deliberate for a while at the time.

Sounds like STW lol. seriously though it does, there was tease of this whole planned storyline after defeating the storm king. And then we get mythic storm king. and bows, lots and lots of bows.......ya hate to see it. Yeah hopefully we'll get some futuristic season. maybe in season 9 or X for this chapter. yeah I love the wingspan glider and the lion, just great cosmetics for mixing and matching for combos. I've been using the wings on OG midas and Midas Rex. yeah, I'm picky when it comes to umbrellas, I didn't even bother try in winning a match during season 5 of chapter 2. it looked interesting, the bounty brella but we eneded up getting a superior glider for menace in the form of cerebus. and I didn't even waste time in getting the fortillia one either. though I had to have the marvel, foundation and this season's though. It looks awesome! Like the colors and hexagonal material on it. definitely gives it this really dystopia futuristic look.

Pickaxes and glider feel forced ("we must put some other cosmetics in their set!") but taken on their own are probably neat.

Guile looks somewhat off with his face and hair, Cammy's thighs being covered up is a crime against adults (lol).

But seriously, the most egregious error is that Cammy's emote is named Spiral Arrow when even the damn soundbite says Cannon Spike. If they mixed up Cannon Spike and Cannon Strike I'd be more understanding of it. Interestingly enough the emotes seem to be using the JP voice clips and not their Western counterparts.

Yeah im not a huge fan of the glider. you're right in that they seemed to of felt like tacking on glider for sake of it. pickaxes are decent looking but not as interesting as Ryu's and chun Li's. the skins will be the main attraction though. for what they had to work with its a decent job on how they look. While fortnite and street fighter 5 have cartoony/clay like character models in some aspects. it's really hard translating the models used that game to the world of fortnite though I could be wrong. yeah I actually noticed that, I kept wondering why Cammy's voice sounded a bit odd.

Sounds like STW lol. seriously though it does, there was tease of this whole planned storyline after defeating the storm king. And then we get mythic storm king. and bows, lots and lots of bows.......ya hate to see it. Yeah hopefully we'll get some futuristic season. maybe in season 9 or X for this chapter. yeah I love the wingspan glider and the lion, just great cosmetics for mixing and matching for combos. I've been using the wings on OG midas and Midas Rex. yeah, I'm picky when it comes to umbrellas, I didn't even bother try in winning a match during season 5 of chapter 2. it looked interesting, the bounty brella but we eneded up getting a superior glider for menace in the form of cerebus. and I didn't even waste time in getting the fortillia one either. though I had to have the marvel, foundation and this season's though. It looks awesome! Like the colors and hexagonal material on it. definitely gives it this really dystopia futuristic look.

Yeah im not a huge fan of the glider. you're right in that they seemed to of felt like tacking on glider for sake of it. pickaxes are decent looking but not as interesting as Ryu's and chun Li's. the skins will be the main attraction though. for what they had to work with its a decent job on how they look. While fortnite and street fighter 5 have cartoony/clay like character models in some aspects. it's really hard translating the models used that game to the world of fortnite though I could be wrong. yeah I actually noticed that, I kept wondering why Cammy's voice sounded a bit odd.
I was thinking more of FNBR with lots of the foreshadowed stuff never materialising in the end. But yea STW is even worse lol.

Yep I reckon that shade of gold works well with Midas Rex. Black and gold feels like the other two official Fortnite colours, well, more gold than black haha. Especially since they introduced the darn overtime styles post-Midas.

Yea the new SF skins themselves aren't bad and I really like Cammy's twin ponytails but the alteration for Cammy's iconic look is a bit much. Haven't taken a closer look but her boots also seem to be a duller shade of red than her beret and gloves which is odd.

I do prefer the JP voices for Cammy but let's see if they put her emote in the shop with the wrong name...not that it affects the quality of the emote obviously, just that it's a glaring error for SF nerds :D

I was thinking more of FNBR with lots of the foreshadowed stuff never materialising in the end. But yea STW is even worse lol.

Yep I reckon that shade of gold works well with Midas Rex. Black and gold feels like the other two official Fortnite colours, well, more gold than black haha. Especially since they introduced the darn overtime styles post-Midas.

Yea the new SF skins themselves aren't bad and I really like Cammy's twin ponytails but the alteration for Cammy's iconic look is a bit much. Haven't taken a closer look but her boots also seem to be a duller shade of red than her beret and gloves which is odd.

I do prefer the JP voices for Cammy but let's see if they put her emote in the shop with the wrong name...not that it affects the quality of the emote obviously, just that it's a glaring error for SF nerds :D

Ohhhhh!! I was a bit confused but yeah you got a point FNBR as well lol. yup, idk gold just seems great in fortnite as a color scheme. first started with the 8 ball skins during overtime challenges. then when couches and objects in the main cabin on the middle island started turning gold. introduction of midas and gold related characters/skins imo have been great.
Looking back at both skins, yeah they don't look too bad. guiles face is a bit off for me personally but overall not a bad job epic games. those built in emotes though sell the nostalgia for me. last night just started listening to guiles theme and it took me back to days when I was a little kid playing street fighter 2 turbo on the PSX with my dad.

I enjoyed the Castrovalva bit. And the quite moving part of all the players reviving each other. But I give the Travis Scott experience the edge.

My overall impressions. I really enjoyed and loved this event, as someone who watches the astronomical live event and is more familiar with Travis Scott's music. this definitely opened me up more to her her songs. enjoyed every last one that played in this event. visuals were insane and I figured they'd end up taking things to the next level for this. gameplay was solid, though the whole storm king shooting section was a bit wonky for my tastes. visuals: 10, gameplay: 8, songs: 9.4, overall presentation: 9.5/10 for me personally.

missed the event last night. hope to catch it tonight. bought the ariana skin. i don't care what people think it's one of my favourite in the game. i love the glider she has too.

Top Bottom