• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense Edge - Features Trailer | PS5 (launches on January 26 for $199.99)

Lasha

The same point I started off with - the one you quoted... For most (non-modders) the Edge would be a no-brainer if it gets Hall Effect sensor modules.
Don't know why you're trying to go off-rails, but most (non-modders) would like to keep their warranty in case something goes wrong with their controller.

Youre talking to yourself at this point. You don't need to be a "modder". I charge people 15$ to replace both joystick modules on broken/out of warranty dual sense controllers including parts (around 2$). Replacing the haptic trigger or caps I do for free if somebody brings the parts because both can be replaced without soldering.

Do you disagree with my assertion that replacing the old joysticks in an existing dual sense will be cheaper than buying a dual sense edge + modules? Because that's my original point. You tried to tell me how to fix a stick and brought warranties up on your own.

HTK

Banned
Youre talking to yourself at this point. You don't need to be a "modder". I charge people 15$ to replace both joystick modules on broken/out of warranty dual sense controllers including parts (around 2$). Replacing the haptic trigger or caps I do for free if somebody brings the parts because both can be replaced without soldering.

Do you disagree with my assertion that replacing the old joysticks in an existing dual sense will be cheaper than buying a dual sense edge + modules? Because that's my original point. You tried to tell me how to fix a stick and brought warranties up on your own.
You may be right, however I don't have one of "YOUS" around me to do all this work. If I have a 3rd party that does that, then I have to go through the hassle of shipping back and forth. Sometimes the time spent doing all this is not worth the hassle of saving few bucks. If I already have a DualSense Edge and the joystick modules are $19.99, even if I can get that done for $9.99 I wouldn't want to because of the hassle.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I will wait for this to be out and for everyone who bought early to find all the flaws so they can silently release a new version when it hits retail shelves later on (where onto the 3rd internal improvement of the duelsense for example)

Or you know buy like 3 games...

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned

No, you're expecting anyone to have the same knowledge as you - or to know someone with the same set of skills you have.

It's like telling an automechanic that I had to pay 2 grand for a new muffler and he said he could do it for free. Well do'h.

Most would rather buy an original item that they can "mod" themselves without breaking warranty.

If Hall Effect sensors come for standard controllers, I'll also be doing the soldering myself - but I don't expect the general public to do the same.

Mephisto40

Does anybody know if the face buttons can be replaced without taking the controller apart, as in the x, square, triangle, circle buttons?

Only reason I'm asking is because the main problem I've had with my dualsense controllers is the face buttons sticking over time

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Really want to buy one of these, but It'll mean not leaving the house to do anything other than work for a month

Is it worth it...

hm...
Mark Cuban Yes GIF

Lasha

No, you're expecting anyone to have the same knowledge as you - or to know someone with the same set of skills you have.

It's like telling an automechanic that I had to pay 2 grand for a new muffler and he said he could do it for free. Well do'h.

Most would rather buy an original item that they can "mod" themselves without breaking warranty.

If Hall Effect sensors come for standard controllers, I'll also be doing the soldering myself - but I don't expect the general public to do the same.

All of what you wrote is irrelevant to what I asked. You even stuck to the warranty guns(why are you buying modules when your original module is under warranty ?). Do you think third party installation of hall sensors into a joystick will cost more than $240?

Cyberpunkd

$200 though? Sony loves to overcharge for their phones and televisions, wasn't expecting them to extend that practice to PlayStation. $150 for the Xbox Pro controller was already a steep asking price. $200 is just silly IMO.
All accessories have insane profit margins, that was always the case.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
All of what you wrote is irrelevant to what I asked. You even stuck to the warranty guns(why are you buying modules when your original module is under warranty ?). Do you think third party installation of hall sensors into a joystick will cost more than $240?
Well, you're not breaking warranty if you install Hall Effect sensors on the Edge - that's a reason to buy new modules.
I'll expect a price of around $50 for 1 set of Hall Effect sensors, but that's only relevant for people like you and me, right?

Last edited:

Lasha

Well, you're not breaking warranty if you install Hall Effect sensors on the Edge - that's a reason to buy new modules.
I'll expect a price of around $50 for 1 set of Hall Effect sensors, but that's only relevant for people like you and me, right?

Do dual sense controllers have a lifetime warranty that I'm unaware of? If so my apologies. If not, what warranty is being broken if you fix a controller out of warranty?

If you think an OEM hall joystick will cost 25$ then I can't imagine the markup Sony would put on the module. Guilikit already sells a pair of steam deck sticks for 30$. I expect the sticks themselves so stabilize between 2$ and 5$ once china has its way with them.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Do dual sense controllers have a lifetime warranty that I'm unaware of? If so my apologies. If not, what warranty is being broken if you fix a controller out of warranty?

If you think an OEM hall joystick will cost 25$ then I can't imagine the markup Sony would put on the module. Guilikit already sells a pair of steam deck sticks for 30$. I expect the sticks themselves so stabilize between 2$ and 5$ once china has its way with them.
Installing Hall Effect sensors is not (per-se) a fix, but an upgrade.

No one will be allowed to make parts for the Edge, so my best bet is some China company will make them and offer them around 80 bucks for a set of 2.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm getting a cart error through playstation and can't find anyone else listing this yet. (US)

Super annoying.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
does it charge you now or when it ships
Pretty sure I saw wont be charged until ships but I just clicked through it too fast to pay super close attention, FOMO and all :p

Edit - Looking back at email says it will "attempt to charge total price when ready to ship"

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
They charge you now which sucks
No they do not, they run the trans to make sure it's a legit card and then they refund it back.

This is in the email of my transaction:

A receipt of your order is below. Be sure to keep it in a safe place for future reference.​
We will attempt to charge the total price of your pre-order using the payment information that you provided once your order is ready to ship. You will receive a final invoice email at that time.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
BTW, at least in the US, if you're a plus member, release-day shipping is apparently free. I was only charged tax.

Last edited:
That kinda sucks but we will see how's the stock like. If there are plenty I might as well just buy it at launch.
I think it will sell out, if anything due to scalpers. I think its a good idea to just get your order in now and you can anyways cancel if you change your mind.

When it ships 🍻. Now I hope to find a nice case for it as I have for my DualSense….I sure hope some good ones are made.

Not a fan of the case it come with?

c11392b827562bb1d6560838cad4288f208f13db.jpeg

Top Bottom