• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony’s $200 DualSense Edge for PS5 will have ‘moderately shorter’ battery life

Tams

Complete nonsense.

Original shitty battery with 1560mah has a weight of 32gram.

Improved awesome Paxo battery with 2600 mah has a weight of 42 gram with the same dimensions.

So we have here an 66% battery improvement at the same dimensions with just 10 gram increase.

You tell me Sony can't do It???
TEq2PjY.gif

Paxo batteries are from a german company and the batteries are made in china with german quality control and a five year warranty. 🥴🤦‍♂️

Please stop. You are clueless.

> Hasn't measured the battery.
> Website of company inspires much confidence. https://lugium.de

Last edited:

calistan

I’m aware more features means more strain on the battery
This might not be because of battery-sucking features on the controller. The joystick assemblies are soldered flat on the motherboard in the standard controllers, and the battery sits partly behind them, but the new plug-in modules look a lot bigger. Less space, smaller battery. Maybe. It'll be interesting to see a teardown anyway.
eAvN6Ou.jpg

c5tx2KJ.jpg

> Hasn't measured the battery.
> Website of company inspires much confidence. https://lugium.de
<<<<< Has installed the batteries in two controllers.

You have installed? Nothing.

I play now with much improved battery life. You still play with the normal garbage batteries. I don't need to measure the battery.

Any more arguments?? Ah yeah I forgot you have no arguments.

Now please stfu. It's embarassing.

Last edited:

Smasher89

the $400 dualsense ultra pro 2 will require fusion cells and work for only 14 minutes
To be fair, it'll also have a dynamo, so as long as you spin around the controlstick, it retains power!

I wonder if this isn't just a "create a problem to solve a problem situation" with the stickdrift and such, i do recall there was something about the company that makes the sticks to the gamingcompanys patent that's making the sticks flawed, but still, there should be some more work forward since then. Maybe the godzilla controller concept or what it was called does work though (saw a video review on a steam deck youtube site on that matter, seemed promising for the future)

Flutta

Banned
Sony basically wants you to buy two of them so you could swap when needed…… disgusting to say the least. That greed runs deep.
Bsically don’t buy it in the first place.

Last edited:

sainraja

I have no personal experience with this but you can buy a pro controller from SCUFF that looks exactly like the dualsenes where they remove extra features and even vibration, so I would suggest looking into that....it might last longer?

[To clarify, I got the SCUFF controller but the one that keeps the extra features]

Last edited:
I have no personal experience with this but you can buy a pro controller from SCUFF that looks exactly like the dualsenes where they remove extra features and even vibration, so I would suggest looking into that....it might last longer?
Why not just replace the garbage batteries they are coming with and replace them with higher capacity batteries??

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I just can’t see myself dropping that kind of money on a controller. I’d expect years and years of use, and I don’t think today’s controllers are built to last.

Tarin02543

I just can’t see myself dropping that kind of money on a controller. I’d expect years and years of use, and I don’t think today’s controllers are built to last.

Yesterday I accidentally dropped my original snes controller on the floor and I wasn't angry with myself.

GymWolf

To be fair, it'll also have a dynamo, so as long as you spin around the controlstick, it retains power!

I wonder if this isn't just a "create a problem to solve a problem situation" with the stickdrift and such, i do recall there was something about the company that makes the sticks to the gamingcompanys patent that's making the sticks flawed, but still, there should be some more work forward since then. Maybe the godzilla controller concept or what it was called does work though (saw a video review on a steam deck youtube site on that matter, seemed promising for the future)
That's the worse penis analogy i heard in the past 30 min.

VAVA Mk2

Hard pass. But not for battery life, since everyone and their mother hotswaps (it's only forum banter that acts like you only own one controller)... but the price for something I may accidently drop a few times on my porcelain tiled floors.

Though most of them don't break when it happens, but there is always a chance.
$400 for 2 controllers to hot swap sounds like a winning solution

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
$400 for 2 controllers to hot swap sounds like a winning solution
I know, right?

Almost like I didn't say that a few posts down the page later.
For an enthusiast forum, some sure are casual when it comes to controllers. In both controller amounts owned and upcharge kits.

But with that said, $400 to hot swap?
gtfo-pauliewalnuts.gif

Wait what?

Why would you need more than one pad if you only play by yourself.
You know how you have more than one pillow on your bed? Even if you're alone? So you can grab the other and swap mid-sleep for the nice "cool/cold" pillow feeling?

Controllers are the same. When one gets warm and bleh, the nice fresh cool/crisp hot swap in your hands is that feeling. Kind of like putting on a fresh clean pair of socks when you get home from the warm ones you wore all day.

🤭

Last edited:

Stooky

[To clarify, I got the SCUFF controller but the one that keeps the extra features]
Scuff controllers cost the same but with less features of the edge controller. In my opinion being able to swap out the analog sticks is a game changer. Its usually the first thing to go bad on a controller

Last edited:
Top Bottom