• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense Edge - Features Trailer | PS5 (launches on January 26 for $199.99)

jaysius

Banned
you mean the brand every console manufacturer uses? on controllers where those sticks are not replaceable? loool indeed
You're right everyone uses the same dud sticks, but the worst thing now, is that instead of replacing them, Sony can just tell you to buy more sticks, these warranties are sketchy with controllers.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You're right everyone uses the same dud sticks, but the worst thing now, is that instead of replacing them, Sony can just tell you to buy more sticks, these warranties are sketchy with controllers.
Its always the first to go in my controllers anyhow as I don't know how many controllers I have replaced from stick drift alone

I sure hope Sony allows 3rd party modules and hopefully someone makes some hall modules

xrnzaaas

Even less battery time? Damn. They're asking A LOT for the controller so why not go all in and offer removable batteries? Heck they could even sell their own ones for "best experience" and many people would pay extra just to be able to have a longer session without switching to wired or charging the controller.

Last edited:

Aenima

Thats not how warranty works.
Depending where u live u have 1 or 2 years warranty on a controller, dosent matter if you can or not replace the sticks.

I wonder how difficult it will be to open up the stick modules. If they’re the same ALPS potentiometer it might be super cheap to buy a bunch of those and just solder them back into the casing.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I wonder if those modules can be made for this?
Halle Berry Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I will use the lovely Halle for this gif, someone who I met once in the early 1990s

Several of us went out to a party in LA after a game and some celebrities were there including her.

Me being one of the few random white dudes there she turns to me asking for drinks confusing me with the waiters

Of course I went and got it for her but thats not the point here ;)

Aenima

Don't expect too much from a company that makes CUSTOMER SUPPORT a PERK in their shitty perk system.
Again, thats not how warranty works. U spreading FUD left and right to feed ur console warring. In Europe the 2 year warranty is done by the RETAILER by LAW. Sony itself has a 1 year manufactory warranty.

The perk system is suposed to give priority to costumer support if thers a waiting line, not to exclude others from acessing costumer support.

Last edited:

Ronin_7

Banned
Just bought My first EDGE Controller, will eventually buy another because i can't stand playing with the Cable attached.

Will have to save one Dualsense now since I'll have 3 which is overkill, eventually I'll completely Switch to the EDGE variant & sell my regular ones.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just bought My first EDGE Controller, will eventually buy another because i can't stand playing with the Cable attached.

Will have to save one Dualsense now since I'll have 3 which is overkill, eventually I'll completely Switch to the EDGE variant & sell my regular ones.
I can't wait to get my hands on this controller

Top Bottom