• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense Edge | Review Thread

Pachi72

I just bought the DS Edge and It’s not convincing me at all. I am not playing better. Don’t know what to do. It should have came with rapid fire options.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
On Xbox I play with an Elite controller and definitely would not go back to a normal pad.

On PS, I have been thinking about would I want to pay out for the equivalent. But I just found out there are only 2 buttons on the back, so that's money saved.

My options button has gotten gummy and I only use this controller to play PvP in Destiny. I'm so glad I can change the sticks out, though! The only thing that ever broke on my Astro C40 was the X button.

Elios83

I just bought the DS Edge and It’s not convincing me at all. I am not playing better. Don’t know what to do. It should have came with rapid fire options.

The main value for me is in the back buttons that are comfortable to press and can be mapped to R3 and L3.
Right now I'm playing Baldurs Gate 3 and R3 is used constantly to highlight objects around you. Other games use L3 to sprint/run. Doing it with the back buttons is an other world compared to pressing the sticks.
In GT7 with the precise settings the analog sticks are so responsive that you have the feeling of control of a dedicated wheel.

It really depends on the particular games and how you play them but in general the main benefit is in the back buttons. The rest is more subtle and depends on your playstyle.

Pejo

Sorry for the necrobump, but I was curious - those of you that have had this for a while now, is the stick drift thing still an issue after a certain amount of time/play, or is it not an issue with this? I know the sticks are replaceable, so I'm assuming that it's a non-issue with the Edge, but worth an ask. I've been through 3 Dualsenses now with drift on all 3, and I figure if the premium model doesn't have the issue, might be worth the premium price.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sorry for the necrobump, but I was curious - those of you that have had this for a while now, is the stick drift thing still an issue after a certain amount of time/play, or is it not an issue with this? I know the sticks are replaceable, so I'm assuming that it's a non-issue with the Edge, but worth an ask. I've been through 3 Dualsenses now with drift on all 3, and I figure if the premium model doesn't have the issue, might be worth the premium price.
I bought more than one (afraid to admit how many actually) but I mainly use the first one on my charger

I have used it a lot since they launched playing COD, Hell Let Loose and sports titles and have had zero drift yet

Honestly haven't even heard of anyone changing the modules out yet and still waiting on Hall Effect replacements for these but admittedly have looked in awhile to see if they are out

Pejo

I bought more than one (afraid to admit how many actually) but I mainly use the first one on my charger

I have used it a lot since they launched playing COD, Hell Let Loose and sports titles and have had zero drift yet

Honestly haven't even heard of anyone changing the modules out yet and still waiting on Hall Effect replacements for these but admittedly have looked in awhile to see if they are out
Thanks, appreciate the info! I was looking up PC support, and it looks like you have to use an intermediary app if you wanna use the paddles on PC, but otherwise it seems to be good reviews all around. Well, let's see if this one lasts. I honestly don't even know what I'm doing to cause all of the drift. I don't play sweaty games and I never toss controllers or mistreat them or anything. Two of my friends that play many more hours per week than I do have never had any drift issues on their launch Dualsenses.

I must have cursed hands.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Thanks, appreciate the info! I was looking up PC support, and it looks like you have to use an intermediary app if you wanna use the paddles on PC, but otherwise it seems to be good reviews all around. Well, let's see if this one lasts. I honestly don't even know what I'm doing to cause all of the drift. I don't play sweaty games and I never toss controllers or mistreat them or anything. Two of my friends that play many more hours per week than I do have never had any drift issues on their launch Dualsenses.

I must have cursed hands.
I seem to always get drift playing a lot of shooters on my left stick constantly pushing forward

Top Bottom