• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: CONTROL PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S 60 Fps and RT mode

NEbeast

You haven't watched the video😂😂 They specifically say that they would challenge anyone to see any problems with VRR🤣🤣

My VRR works from 48hz to 120hz so yes it fixes it on Xbox making it the best version.
So even though ps5 is performing better, you claim it's a win for the SX because atm it has VRR enabled? Do you realise how ass backward that is? 12 vs 10(8tf according to some of you guys) and you need to pull the VRR card to claim victory.
Please , get your head out of phil Spencer's ass and start saying something intelligent.

Last edited:

AnotherOne

A fresh example of it is Destruction Allstars with barely any loading times just like other PS5 games using the tech in place properly but you conveniently missed out blabla you know the drill
Lol good example it has to load up one arena and some cars
These threads where Xbox fans are fighting with PlayStation fans from a perspective of a PC player are like seeing two dudes arguing if Toyota Corolla is better or Honda Civic is better while you're driving in a custom Porsche.

Vroom, vroom suckers..

singer-dls-exterior-location_004-1.jpg

:goog_devil:

Too dumb.. yeah a porche costs 150k civic costs 30k... ps5/xsx price bargin compared to a pc.

sircaw

Banned
Graphics: all same
Color gamma is dark on PS5.
Both have drops to low 50fps in different scenes in 60fps mode.
Series X has a issue with framepace with UI elements and in standard traversal.
Photo Mode allow to unlock the 30fps in RT Mode that shows that both runs way over 30fps but not enough for locked 60fps.

Overall: PS5 has the best experience on consoles.
And you don't have to buy an expensive tv too, and sony gives you the best controller with their console.

DJ12

You guys have to understand, not everyone is out there to elect a winner even if the difference is negligible.
Some like Tom are just happy if the performance is acceptable. If is not like it was in the previous gen the average player will barely notice, he express the feelings of those average gamers. Yes, the SeX's version is performing worse, but if Remedy manages to fix only those IO stutters than it's good enough.
I stopped taking Tom seriously when he said Series S version of FIFA was also 4k.

pasterpl

I see that you conveniently missed out the fact that loading times on the Xbox consoles are faster than PS5. The X is 0.3 milliseconds faster the PS5, and the S is even better, with a massive 0.6 milliseconds advantage. So much for Cerny's secret sauce magical SSD! Quite frankly, this huge gulf in performance should make anyone thinking of getting a PS5 start having second thoughts.

CRE075V.png
Are these actual load times across all platforms?

These threads where Xbox fans are fighting with PlayStation fans from a perspective of a PC player are like seeing two dudes arguing if Toyota Corolla is better or Honda Civic is better while you're driving in a custom Porsche.

Vroom, vroom suckers..

singer-dls-exterior-location_004-1.jpg

:goog_devil:

Nah its more like:

S|X aka F35

uOI9q3e.jpg

PS5 aka is yours even coil whine

rdb07rx.jpg

I kid, I kid !!..do NOT gang up Assassinate me.

🤭

NullZ3r0

Banned
What's up with all of these bugs on Xbox versions? Is MS running BC in a VM? Annoying to hear about.

But what really surprises me is that the Xbox versions load faster than the PS5. This shouldn't even be possible. In fact, throughout this summer it was unthinkable.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Xbox versions load faster than the PS5. This shouldn't even be possible. In fact, throughout this summer it was unthinkable.
More like no difference in load times. It probably has to do with this:

PS5 File Size: ~25 GB
XSX File Size: ~42 GB

No, you're reading it wrong.

PS5 decompresses more data (from a smaller 25 GB file) and loads it in still the same time as Xbox is doing (from a more readily available file of 42 GB that it doesn't have to decompress as much).

You sure you have enough braincells to make an analogy 🤔 and get into an argument?
Whoa, whoa. Easy there, tiger.

Yes, a decent PC is at least 5 times more expensive than a console.

Yes, a Porsche is 5 times more expensive than a regular car.

It's not about the money but about the driving / gaming expierience.

How can you not get it? 😅

Vroom, vroom. 😅

Last edited:

DJ12

Vroom, vroom. 😅
Porsche, schmorche's

Everyone knows the best driving experience available is a cheap ass rental car with prepaid insurance cover.

Last edited:

AnotherOne

Vroom, vroom. 😅 I was being sarcastic... isn't that what people do in these threads 🤔

I was being sarcastic... isn't that what people do in these threads 🤔 btw I love you bro no homo.

This was no different when PS4 was more powerful than the XB1 and the Xbox One X was more powerful than the PS4 Pro.
Kind of, I admin that some PS fan act as if the PRO was as powerful than the one X because some games play better on it (the apparent reason being that they are more tempted to target native 4k on the more powerful hardware).

But also, they, as a group, acted as if MS had the most powerful console the day the damn thing was announced (18 months prior to release, it left the PRO over a year on the market as "the most powerful console").
It's not bad to see similar results, but people are obviously going to look bad and laugh and rub it in the faces of the Xbox Fanboys.
200.gif

Seriously, even if it was an actual 20 - 40% difference it would not be that big of a deal with dynamic resolutions on a 4k monitor (but there would be little point in having any kind of argument about it, this would just be what it is, and if performance affects the games you want to play you would have had to seriously consider an xbox).

If the PS5 had a predictable 44% performance deficit with lesser RT performance as well, that would start to seriously put the console in an embarrassing position as a "next-gen" offering... still it would be only what the worst of the worst "technical experts" on this forum predicted, so the end result would only be them gloating more, which we saw plenty of in the Control DF thread.

Now:
- The consoles perform about the same
- They cost the same (over simplification, because you can get a digital ps5 for 100$ less, which gives you the same performance)

Yup, why can't they just act normal about it and tone it down a notch or two when the series x has a resolution advantage but it drops frames? 😭 Our lives would all be better.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So even though ps5 is performing better, you claim it's a win for the SX because atm it has VRR enabled? Do you realise how ass backward that is? 12 vs 10(8tf according to some of you guys) and you need to pull the VRR card to claim victory.
Please , get your head out of phil Spencer's ass and start saying something intelligent.
It wouldn't be a victory with VRR, VRR just brings it up to par 🤭
I wonder how Control 2 will be on these consoles.

Last edited:
Does that matter ? If the outcome is faster loading .. why compress??

So you can fit more games on the SSD. Also is it really that much faster that it's worth the increased install size?

CRE075V.png

PS5 File Size: ~25 GB
XSX File Size: ~42 GB

What I would be really interested in seeing is what the XSX load times would be like with that level of compression.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So much for Ps5 and Series x being 4k machines too right?
Doesn't temporal reconstruction have a cost, far as I know it does.
So it not as simple 2k render
I could be wrong...

Esppiral

The photomode unlocks the frame rate in graphics mode (ray tracing) a missed opportunity to check how both consoles perform with ray tracing and without the 30 fps cap.

I tried it on Xbox series X and in non busy scenes it manages to render at 60 fps+ ray tracing.

I think there is room on both consoles to improve the graphic settings.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
The photomode unlocks the frame rate in graphics mode (ray tracing) a missed opportunity to check how both consoles perform with ray tracing and without the 30 fps cap.

I tried it on Xbox series X and in non busy scenes it manages to render at 60 fps+ ray tracing.

I think there is room on both consoles to improve the graphic settings.
How do you measure the framerate?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
lied to. While running into the street screaming is a little extreme, they should be upset with their branding it next ge

How do you know they are happy? Have you asked all 21 of them?
Because MS touted this console as SX but at 1440p

Probably more like a million, but it's pretty easy to see that people buying a system that was clearly targeting a lower resolution were not as worried about 4K. It's hardly a stretch. Seen many series S owners posting how unhappy they are? Nope.

And none of you have anything to say about PS5 "misrepresenting" or "branding" the PS5 as a 8K capable machine and yet to date we have zero 8K games. (At least the series S actually has some 1440p games.)
And what, we have 1 game for PS5 that supports 4K at 120hz? That seems to suggest the Sony isn't being honest, I must have missed the thread where you were bashing them for being dishonest and scamming buyers.

waquzy

Jealousy is a terrible thing 😂

The low end Nanocells are the 7 series which don't even support HDMI 2.1. Neither does the start of the 8 Series actually.
Better do your homework next time, here it is, a low end: LG Nano866NA with 2 x HDMI 2.1 ports for only £649, with awful local dimming.

FrankWza

And none of you have anything to say about PS5 "misrepresenting" or "branding" the PS5 as a 8K capable machine and yet to date we have zero 8K games.
Dont the PS5 AND series x say that on the box? That was a patch that was coming later anyway. Did they say the series s needed a patch to be a 1440 machine?

Riky

$MSFT
Better do your homework next time, here it is, a low end: LG Nano866NA with 2 x HDMI 2.1 ports for only £649, with awful local dimming.

That's not the lowest series Nanocell, you can get a lower 8 Series cheaper than that

The 7 series is even cheaper.

Man what’s with devs releasing these XSX games with weird bugs that affect visuals and performance. So the PS5 has crushed blacks and the XSX stutters some, both of which should be patched, and then it’s a wash. I assume these eight pages are fanboy bullshit and cries of DF bias for Xbox.

waquzy

That's not the lowest series Nanocell, you can get a lower 8 Series cheaper than that

The 7 series is even cheaper.
No Riky, you have misunderstood me, I'm not talking about the NanoCell series' in general. I am talking about the low-end/the cheapest TV you can get that has the 2.1HDMI port and that is what you got. So yeah, there you go. It's shite, better than nothing for sure, but don't act like you own something special, because let's face it - you don't!

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Dont the PS5 AND series x say that on the box? That was a patch that was coming later anyway. Did they say the series s needed a patch to be a 1440 machine?

Now your grasping at straws, so what if it has a tiny print saying "some features might come later". We all know the PS5/Series X is no more a 8K machine (or a 120hz 4k one) than the S is really a 1440P machine.
The fact is, both Sony and MS claim the highest spec possible - so it's a mystery why the series S is held to a higher standard. It's almost as though Sony owners are trying to justify why MS sucks, or MS series X owners are justifying the extra money they spent and trying to look down and laugh at anyone who might buy something different?

Exanthus

Banned
Cool so about the same on both...
Still pissed that this should have been smart delivery.
But no, they wanted to sell the game.... Again.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
I see that you conveniently missed out the fact that loading times on the Xbox consoles are faster than PS5. The X is 0.3 milliseconds faster the PS5, and the S is even better, with a massive 0.6 milliseconds advantage. So much for Cerny's secret sauce magical SSD! Quite frankly, this huge gulf in performance should make anyone thinking of getting a PS5 start having second thoughts.

Isn't the PS5 version 40% smaller?

Top Bottom