• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: CONTROL PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S 60 Fps and RT mode

ethomaz

Banned
So now we can just make stuff up?

Let's do simple math
6 missions in Hitman 3
Ps5 has framerate advantage in 1/6 of the game assuming every second of that mission is under 60fps(it's not)
Xbox has resolution advantage in 6/6 missions
Let's discount the one and say framerate is king
Xbox still has advantage in 83% of the game, and it's a big advantage.
PS5 has advantage every time you snipe...

PS5 has framerate advantage in 6/6 missions that you can use sniper
PS5 still has advantage in 100% of the game, and it's a big advantage

Last edited:
PS5 has advantage every time you snipe.
Sniper rifle is only in the one level
Gonna edit this cause yes you can unlock Sniper rifle in other levels, and ask have you played a Hitman game? I would bet Sniper rifle is used by less then 10% of all players and probably less then that. Sure there is nothing wrong with using it but I can assure you actually shooting the Sniper rifle is probably under 1% of play time of those who even like to Snipe.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
All levels.
You probably did not play the game.

There is two ways to use snipe in the game:

1. You need to find it in the level (some levels has at least one hidden Snipe).
2. You can bring one with you in every level after you unlock it.

Ohhhh that includes Hitman and Hitman 2 levels ;)

Gonna edit this cause yes you can unlock Sniper rifle in other levels, and ask have you played a Hitman game? I would bet Sniper rifle is used by less then 10% of all players and probably less then that. Sure there is nothing wrong with using it but I can assure you actually shooting the Sniper rifle is probably under 1% of play time of those who even like to Snipe.

After got caught in the lie... the goal post moving lol

Last edited:
All levels.
You probably did not play the game.

There is two ways to use snipe in the game:

1. You need to find it in the level (some levels has at least one hidden Snipe).
2. You can bring one with you in every level after you unlock it.

Ohhhh that includes Hitman and Hitman 2 levels ;)
Ok I'll be the grown up between us and give you ever time you Snipe and say sniping is in all levels and the game is called Hitman 3 Sniper assassin with the subtitle of if you ain't sniping you playing the game wrong and the hundred ways we give you too complete every mission is just there to get the Sniper rifle and play the game properly.
Is that better? Your argument is trash

ethomaz

Banned
Ok I'll be the grown up between us and give you ever time you Snipe and say sniping is in all levels and the game is called Hitman 3 Sniper assassin with the subtitle of if you ain't sniping you playing the game wrong and the hundred ways we give you too complete every mission is just there to get the Sniper rifle and play the game properly.
Is that better? Your argument is trash
No my argument is a fact.
You tried to made up FUD to counter it lol
And now started to use the famous green side move the goal post skill.

BTW you can ask any player of Hitman 3 and he will say unlock the sniper is worth of it and one of the best ways to play the game.
Snipers will be either in the top gears or weapons list.
Any guide or YouTube channel will tell you to focus in unlock the sniper.
There is a reason why IO make the unlock of sniper a progressive thing.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Ok some more simple math. How many ways are there to beat each level? 10? More then that probably. You just went from 17% of the time ps5 being better to under 10%. Good job with that trash argument.
Unbelievable.
MovingGoalposts-300x138.jpg

I've played pretty much every Hitman game for the past 20 and I've yet to use a Sniper rifle.
Bullshit.

Last edited:
No my argument is a fact.
You tried to made up FUD to counter it lol
And now started to use the famous green side move the goal post skill.

BTW you can ask any player of Hitman 3 and he will say unlock the sniper is worth of it and one of the best ways to play the game.
Snipers will be either in the top gears or weapons list.
Any guide or YouTube channel will tell you to focus in unlock the sniper.
There is a reason why IO make the unlock of sniper a progressive thing.
I've played pretty much every Hitman game for the past 20 *years and I've yet to use a Sniper rifle.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
That area suffers sustained 50 FPS proving 4k is overly ambitious for XsX. (And when sniping)

The proper balance between performance and resolution has been struck on PS5. But I bet if PS5 ran at 4k it would exhibit the drops also.

The PS5 got more considered optimisation. As always ❤️❤️❤️

I’m not sure there is any room to debate any of this. Anyway, this is not the Hitman thread.
coarse there is room to debate, game runs 99% 60fps except 1 area but in 4k vs 1800p 60fps. so there you go I would rather have full 4k and 60fps
If 1 area you mean every time you snipe or enter in a grass area...
And of course you rater have 4k with framerate drops than solid 60fps with 1800p.

lets see what NX gamer says when he does it

ethomaz

Banned
coarse there is room to debate, game runs 99% 60fps except 1 area but in 4k vs 1800p 60fps. so there you go I would rather have full 4k and 60fps
Again it is not one area lol
The fact sniper can be used in all areas already makes all areas opened to framerate drops lol
That one area FUD was already debunked few posts ago.

Last edited:

DJ12

lets see what NX gamer says when he does it
His last two videos have been for ign haven't they? Think he's doing paid work from them rather than his own youtube stuff now. Hope not as he is the only one offering any sort of analysis these days. DF just providw agenda based console war fodder.

Again it is not one area lol
The fact sniper can be used in all areas already makes all areas opened to framerate drops lol
That one area FUD was already debunked few posts ago.
Where's the footage pal? I'd like to see it drop frames every time (according to you) you use the sniper or enter a grassy area. And don't post that one area we know of, OK pal?

If resolution helps anything it's sniping. Xbox better 100% of the time confirmed. ethomaz ethomaz conceded his argument is trash anyway.
I asked him to provide footage of the game dropping frames whenever you use the sniper or enter a grassy area (outside of that one area). He predictably hasn't produced any footage, he's another fud spreader just like the oodle gang. At least they are producing hypothetical numbers, but no real world examples to back it up, he has nothing though lol

I asked him to provide footage of the game dropping frames whenever you use the sniper or enter a grassy area (outside of that one area). He predictably hasn't produced any footage, he's another fud spreader just like the oodle gang. At least they are producing hypothetical numbers, but no real world examples to back it up, he has nothing though lol
Even if Xbox drops frames every time you shoot the Sniper this isn't a sniper rifle game. Let's say you insist on only using the Sniper rifle 100% of the time you still aren't shooting it all the time. It's a trash argument to say ps5 has fps advantage 100% of the time because even under worst case scenario it's not 100% of the time. They sure likes to move goal posts haha.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This pic demonstrates what I've thought about Neogaf for a while. Xbox fans happy enjoying a game that is 1 or 2fps less in spots whilst PS fans spend most of their time not playing games, slating every other version and looking quite sad. If you have the best version.... Go play and enjoy it.
controlultimateeditio7zji2.jpg

I know, I feel like I'm the only one enjoying the game.
Anyone else is talking about Hitman 3, patch's & tools

PSA: Don't let some people here steer the direction of this conversation to Hitman 3. We have a thread for that.

It is important to remind ourselves again that PS5 has outperformed XSX in Control 😂 anotherone.gif

meh. It’s a game where Sony had a marketing deal and it’s even a ps Plus Game. Obviously they are gonna to put more effort into to it.
games where there is no marketing deal are way more telling and interesting, e.g. hitman 3 with a +44% res

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
meh. It’s a game where Sony had a marketing deal and it’s even a ps Plus Game. Obviously they are gonna to put more effort into to it.
games where there is no marketing deal are way more telling and interesting, e.g. hitman 3 with a +44% res
So why did PS5 outperformed XSX in Assassin's Creed Valhalla then? Does MS not know how to do business deals?

It's in very poor taste to outright blame the developers' integrity just because PS5 outperforms XSX in a game.

sncvsrtoip

I think they said precisely what they wanted to say. ;p
“It is an issue, because the GPU related drops are still there and they can appear in places different to PS5, in equal amounts. So, to have the stutter issue stack on top of that is a big issue and it means you get lurches well below 66 milliseconds and you know broaching 100 milliseconds it does register more obviously than a regular GPU related drop which as you say has a very clean gradient to it on the graph where you can see it. So, hopefully in the future something can be done for it because frankly the game looks and runs really well on the 60fps mode on both series X and PS5, but series X does have this extra nuisance I guess.”
quite precise for me

Zheph

VRR makes the snipe more reliable, less shaking in your hands, incredible tech working not only on your TV but your brain (for a modest cost too). Xbox is the definitive edition.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Folks, dial back the antagonism in your petty and juvenile console war. These discussions theoretically should be civilly nuanced about tech and said results.

Seems to be the same handful of people each and every one of these threads. Either adjust the decorum, or these threads will be more heavily policed with either removals them them, or the site.

IT. GETS. OLD.

Folks, dial back the antagonism in your petty and juvenile console war. These discussions theoretically should be civilly nuanced about tech and said results.

Seems to be the same handful of people each and every one of these threads. Either adjust the decorum, or these threads will be more heavily policed with either removals them them, or the site.

IT. GETS. OLD.

tenor.gif

kidding

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

For those boasting about the slightly faster load on the X, don't forget that Control Ultimate Edition on PS5 Is 42% smaller than Xbox Series X due to Kraken Compression Technique

How many people have a tv that supports VRR?

Literally, the only person I know who got a PS5 has a 15 year old 1080p TV for his consoles.

Either way, neither you or I know how the ps5 version would perform at native 4k, we can feel one way or another about it... But we don't know. Neither do we know how the series X would perform at 1800p.

This and DF tend to not be 1 to 1 in whatever they compare games (they show one thing about one version, and another about the other versions, texture quality being one example)... I think that they do this to troll us and cause unending arguments that cannot be resolved without full on console warring! 🧐

How many people have a tv that supports VRR?

Literally, the only person I know who got a PS5 has a 15 year old 1080p TV for his consoles.

Either way, neither you or I know how the ps5 version would perform at native 4k, we can feel one way or another about it... But we don't know. Neither do we know how the series X would perform at 1800p.

This and DF tend to not be 1 to 1 in whatever they compare games (they show one thing about one version, and another about the other versions, texture quality being one example)... I think that they do this to troll us and cause unending arguments that cannot be resolved without full on console warring! 🧐
I don't recall mentioning vrr. My user name doesn't look anything like riky

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
We don't know this as fact or remotely close to fact. It's an assumption based on basically nothing
I think it's based on the smaller files size. There are only so many reasons the PS5 file is smaller than all the others, compression is an obvious one.

I think it's based on the smaller files size. There are only so many reasons the PS5 file is smaller than all the others, compression is an obvious one.
The part that doesn't fit is the Xbox one version is the same size as the series x version. Regardless of loyalties you can't possibly think compression is the same between those 2. So if we assume they are using Sony compression why aren't they using Xbox?

It's because the PS5 has the n64 texture pack, this is why DF didn't zoom in on the PS5 textures.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The part that doesn't fit is the Xbox one version is the same size as the series x version. Regardless of loyalties you can't possibly think compression is the same between those 2. So if we assume they are using Sony compression why aren't they using Xbox?
I think there are 2 more points that perhaps could have an effect:

1. The PlayStation version was always a bit smaller than the Xbox version. The difference really became substantial with the PS5 version though.
2. Perhaps they did compress the game on Xbox. For example, the Xbox One version didn't have ray-tracing and it was 42.1 GB. Perhaps the Xbox Series X version after ray-tracing would have been, say, 50 GB, and they managed to compress it down to 42.4 GB.

Just speculating.

FrankWza

the x is a better buy for the money. But if you constrained cash wise, or only play casually, or play on a smaller TV, or for a second room, the s can fill a need. the real value proposition for s will start once its $249 or $199.
Ok. This is the sales pitch. I can say this if someone asks me if they should buy an s over an x.
So why did PS5 outperformed XSX in Assassin's Creed Valhalla then? Does MS not know how to do business deals?

It's in very poor taste to outright blame the developers' integrity just because PS5 outperforms XSX in a game.
and I’m pretty sure the attach rate on x was higher than PS5 for Valhalla. They had to buy something that wasn’t on gp when they picked up their console.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Because the tools? Who knows what is enabled in the GDK, the whole Xbox ecosystem is shared, so they often get each other's strengths and weaknesses. It is not really surprising, we have seen instances where the XSX got dumb down graphic settings in Dirt 5 because of this same issue.

Because the tools? Who knows what is enabled in the GDK, the whole Xbox ecosystem is shared, so they often get each other's strengths and weaknesses. It is not really surprising, we have seen instances where the XSX got dumb down graphic settings in Dirt 5 because of this same issue.
For a new engine game? It's not cross gen

Top Bottom