• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO 09-30•10-02•16 - Burton's Children put out Wahlberg's fire, Masterminds flops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlorgan

Deepwater Horizon's reported budget went from $150 million to $110 million on Box Office Mojo, what would be the cause of that?

FTF

Poor Kate McKinnon and Kristen Wiig. First Ghostbusters, now this.

Damn! Blair Witch only brought in $19 million so far?

BW def lower than expected, but it's at $30m ww off a $5m budget...so turning a nice % profit, just way under what I'm sure they wanted.

kurahador

Watched Deepwater Horizon yesterday. Such an eye opening and intense movie. My fear of dying would've at least quadruple if I was still in the oil and gas industry.

Jawmuncher

BW def lower than expected, but it's at $30m ww off a $5m budget...so turning a nice % profit, just way under what I'm sure they wanted.

They should have aimed closer for Halloween, and gave it a little more of a marketing budget. I didn't even realize it came out.

Blair Witch hasn't made money yet. Marketing was 3-4x the production budget.

Never mind, guess the marketing was just really bad.

Fuckin cow cash, SS total already 740M, now it need another 99cent and 1cent for advertisment cost...anothe 2billion to fukin break10trillion

Pretty pleased that Burton's latest did alright. Hope it does well enough for Burton sequels!

Joker/Harley stuff was already a giant thing for Hot Topic. It is just more so now.
Now imagine if Burton were to do a Joker/Harley movie?
Dude I would LOVE a Burton directed Joker/Harley flick. I love Burton's aesthetic so much and Joker and Harley Quinn are among my Top 5 favorite characters in comics EVER. I'd pay big bucks to watch it.

eggandI

Banned
Not too surprising about Deepwater Horizon; the trailer response was the strangest thing I've seen in a while. People were legit chuckling whenever it played.

Eh I don't think it's strange at all. That kind of disaster movie feels outdated IMO. Like straight out of the 90s/early 00s.

Kid Ying

Peregrine is the less Burtonny movie made by Tim Burton i've watched since a long time ago. It almost fell like he got some restraints while making. It really doesn't feel like It's a Burton movie most of the time. It's a good movie. An awful adaptation though.

kswiston

Friday studio estimates

1) The Girl on the Train - $9.3M
2) Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children - $3.95M - $40M total
3) Deepwater Horizon - $3.4M - $30M total
4) Birth of a Nation - $2.6M
5) Magnificent Seven - $2.6M - $69M total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom