• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Release Is In The Works – Rumor

Cravis

Awesome news for you guys that enjoy these games.

Bummed, personally, if it does end up being what Bluepoint has been hyping. Never could get into these games.

Uhm, okay? I don't get your point.
That From Software own ips are great as is and can be enjoyed by more people. In other words I want them to stick with their own ips. And from the info so far, Elden Ring seems like the most interesting game yet by From Software

makaveli60

That From Software own ips are great as is and can be enjoyed by more people. In other words I want them to stick with their own ips. And from the info so far, Elden Ring seems like the most interesting game yet by From Software
But I don't understand why are you saying this to me. I didn't say the opposite of what you say or anything, just that I need BB2.

Ten_Fold

Unless they are adding something new I will pass on Bloodborne remaster. Now that demon souls remake mmmmmm gotta buy.

kiphalfton

So its just a typical pc port, not remaster? I thought the remaster term is for bigger changes like RE.
By right, Sony should then make it free on PS5 , ala smart delivery

How do you still not know what a remaster is, when that's all devs have released this gen.

T_LVPL

It’s safe to say any major game, any cult classic and any game which sold a million copies will receive a remake, a remaster or performance boost at least once every 2 generations. If you love a game, and it is a game which has a decent fanbase you should relax as you will get an updated version of it at some point soon if you haven’t already had it.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I get a PC version but a PS5 remaster just puts a lot of questions in my head. Is this a patch, a pay-for upgrade or a new product? Also curious what this means for PS4 backward compatibility.

THEAP99

Banned
It consistently pops up as a "must have" for people that just bought a PS4, alongside Horizon and God of War. It's hardly niche.
It's a critically acclaimed game but it hasn't sold anywhere on the level of those games u mentioned. It's niche and it doesn't make sense to me they'd do a big remaster and charge for it.

Senua

It's a critically acclaimed game but it hasn't sold anywhere on the level of those games u mentioned. It's niche and it doesn't make sense to me they'd do a big remaster and charge for it.
Big remaster? It sounds like a pretty standard one tbh. Also will sell shit loads on PC.

Blond

Banned
Oh man, I hope days gone really comes over. I don't know why, but games like that feel made at home on PC

Valonquar

B5N8PLX.jpg

Great Hair

Banned
I uploaded Mafia 2 PlayBoy Calendar and got over night 50,000 subs and views .... until they shut it down! Now this guy with 400 subs claims to have "secret info" ... that he is an insider.

WTF is going on? Out for views and clicks?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I believe that Demon's Souls Remake is real and being developed by Bluepoint Games. I believe that Bloodborne going on PC with other PS4 first party exclusives later on but I don't believe that they're remastering the game. If there is a remaster, I would go with Japan Studio as they're a bigger studio than Bluepoint. My guess for the last game on showcase is Horizon 2.

ManaByte

Well now I know for certain it's bullshit. Spiderman and God of War is unlikely but what makes it more absurd is Uncharted The Lost Legacy which is pretty much a direct sequel to 4. It sounds insane that would come to PC before all the others.

YukiOnna

Not that I buy these rumors, but it means nothing if they sold to their level or not, for Sony they had already said it exceeded their expectations years back and given it was an exclusive deal with a third party, it's not surprising. 2 Million isn't niche.

Dude all the devs would love games to be multiplat. Who wouldnt? Theres no reason for platform exclusivity especially in 2020. This aint a shocker but sadly its not up to them. If I am proven wrong tho I will absolutely love to replay Uncharted series on PC. That would be fucking amazing.

He's the one who made that hack that made the game stay at 60 FPS on PS4.

Imagine working your ass off to make a 60fps mod for Bloodborne, only for Sony to announce a remaster is coming... He's just letting his frustration get the better of him and that tweet will age like sour milk.

Any info on Sonys PC stance? I want to know if I have to buy a PS5 to play their current and future games.

Buy a PS5. Sony's stance (for now and afaik) is just releasing some PS4 titles to PC. You don't even need me to figure it out. David Cage's games :sick:, Horizon Zero Dawn, Journey, Flower and "possibly" Bloodborne. It's always some games that hit their peak sales. Death Stranding being the exception, not the norm for now.

For the next-gen, the biggest developpers will focus more on 60fps through "performance mode", like in Nioh or Monster Hunter. It wasn't worth it on PS4/One because of that Jaguar CPU, with PS5/SX, you'll see more 60fps performance mode.

From what I saw with my own eyes, the next-gen will be less of a compromise next to PC. So yeah, like I said, get a PS5.

Thanks for the response. I guess time will tell

So you are saying more first party games will com to PC ? Big ones ?

Can't say more than I said about Bloodborne. I'll share more once Bloodborne PC get properly announced.

It's not just about Sony exclusives title, I have a LOT to share about other publishers.

Last edited:
Imagine working your ass off to make a 60fps mod for Bloodborne, only for Sony to announce a remaster is coming... He's just letting his frustration get the better of him and that tweet will age like sour milk.

Did you even watch the video with him and DF? He's far from frustrated or tired from making the mod.

Voidout

Buy a PS5. Sony's stance (for now and afaik) is just releasing some PS4 titles to PC. You don't even need me to figure it out. David Cage's games :sick:, Horizon Zero Dawn, Journey, Flower and "possibly" Bloodborne. It's always some games that hit their peak sales. Death Stranding being the exception, not the norm for now.

For the next-gen, the biggest developpers will focus more on 60fps through "performance mode", like in Nioh or Monster Hunter. It wasn't worth it on PS4/One because of that Jaguar CPU, with PS5/SX, you'll see more 60fps performance mode.

From what I saw with my own eyes, the next-gen will be less of a compromise next to PC. So yeah, like I said, get a PS5.

Can't say more than I said about Bloodborne. I'll share more once Bloodborne PC get properly announced.

It's not just about Sony exclusives title, I have a LOT to share about other publishers.
Ah ok, so they are staying to releasing select playstation titles as ports and ps will still have many games unavailable on other platforms. Interesting. Also is the information you have to share about other publishers in regards to pc ports?

SleepDoctor

Banned
Pc rumors been around forever. Maybe, maybe not. The remaster on Ps5 is what I'm definitely not buying if the 100 most popular Ps4 games will be enhanced on Ps5 as per Sony.

It'd be pointless to waste resources on a remaster and on enhancing the Ps4 version.

LostDonkey

I might actually give it a good go on PC.

Couldn't get past the horrible performance and image quality on my pro. Only spent a couple hours with it until I dropped it.

Sentenza

Did you even watch the video with him and DF? He's far from frustrated or tired from making the mod.
He's also far from knowledgeable about what's going on, so I'm not sure why his tweet keeps being quoted everywhere.
He literally admitted shortly after that he's just guessing, doesn't know for sure and he even jokingly begged people in the know to drop him some info in DM.

Speaking of Elden Ring, when we gonna see more of it?
Last rumors suggested we are not even going to see any of it until 2021, let alone know the release date.
Of course I'm hoping for those to be wrong.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I think this is fake if you just think it through.

They haven't remastered it for the PS4 Pro and Boost mode made very little difference. So a traditional 'remaster' doesn't really make any sense.
They wouldn't be interested in bringing it over to the PS5 without getting all the benefits of the specific archiecture, they'd just say use the PS5 BC +native boost
If they were redesigning it completely for the PS5 then you have to imagine it's going to be tailored to use all the SSD enhancements, speed etc. which isn't yet there for PC

Port begging has taken another dimension in 2020. We doing manufactured rumors now...:messenger_tears_of_joy:

A master race warrior that spends upwards of 1k on his PC but still can't muster $200 for a used PS4 to play Bloodborne these last 5 years is not really that into it. Unless he's more of the broke chap waiting for that steam sale for $10 bucks or a crack to pirate it. It's always about Sony exclusives, you never hear the hardcore scream for Nintendo exclusives - cause the elaphant in the room is: they'll emulate Nintendo games at $0 dollars.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Port begging has taken another dimension in 2020. We doing manufactured rumors now...:messenger_tears_of_joy:

A master race warrior that spends upwards of 1k on his PC but still can't muster $200 for a used PS4 to play Bloodborne these last 5 years is not really that into it. Unless he's more of the broke chap waiting for that steam sale for $10 bucks or a crack to pirate it. It's always about Sony exclusives, you never hear the hardcore scream for Nintendo exclusives - cause the elaphant in the room is: they'll emulate Nintendo games at $0 dollars.

Sorry but i can't play anymore 24FPS games on consoles. Had PS4 for a year and it felt like i was in stone age using it. Next to PS4 is my PC which has mostly 5-6 old parts and plays all games at 60fps and here is PS4 which plays games at maybe 30fps if developer was competent enough but most of the time it can't hold 30fps.

It is not just money that is the issue. IT is general developer attitude when they make games for consoles.

Last edited:

Sentenza

i hope it's true, i'll just sell my ps4 that i bought only for BB.
Also this game in 4k/60 with high details and no CA would be a dream.
I have literally four games on my PS4 Pro: God of War, Horizon, Bloodborne, Spiderman. I didn't finish a single one in the end.
I would still repurchase each one of them if they would become available on PC.
Who knows, I may also actually star to like Horizon, if played with good performances.

Top Bottom