• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YoshiP on FF16 PC port - Working on debugging & optimization; demo is being planned; specs to be revealed later; will release as soon as its completed

Info from today's Famitsu interview with Yoshi-P (translation via Google).

-- Regarding the PC version, which Mr. Yoshida mentioned earlier, please tell us about the current development status.

Yoshida: We haven't released any follow-up information since the announcement that development has officially started, but development is progressing smoothly. There are still optimizations to be made for the version that added the two DLCs, but I don't think we'll have to wait another year from now. I think it will be released at a reasonable time. However, there may be a possibility that they will say ``I will release it'' and release it as soon as it is completed.

That seems like good news (lol).

Yoshida : Considering the PC market, I don't think it would be appropriate to run long advertisements and keep people waiting for the release. If that's the case, I think it would be a good idea to release the game as soon as possible once debugging and adjustments are complete, so that people can enjoy it for a long time.

However, for the PC version, of course, certain specifications are required. We will provide detailed information on this in advance, and we also plan to release a trial version for PC so that you can try it out. We hope that you can proceed to the main story after confirming that you can play comfortably in your own environment.

TakaiCurrently , there are a huge variety of graphics boards, so we don't just provide recommended and minimum specifications, but rather work with our internal PC Alliance team and system QA team to ensure that they work with as many graphics boards as possible. I plan to check it out and then release it. Therefore, I would appreciate it if you could give me a little more time.

--By the way, if you release a PC version, will it also include DLC?

Yoshida : We will prepare several versions, but of course we also plan to prepare an all-inclusive version that includes two types of DLC.

Last edited:

Hudo

Hopefully it won't be a stuttering mess on launch like FF7R was.
There's a chance that it will probably more solid than FF7R, seeing that FF16 is running essentially on a beefed-up FF14 engine, while FF7 Remake and Rebirth have chosen to bloat themselves up with Unreal.

Mister Wolf

Looking forward to it. The game will look beautiful at high resolution and framerate. Hopefully they include Frame Gen and DLSS.

Reactions: RNG

Celcius

°Temp. member
I assume it won't release the same month as FF14 Dawntrail (June 28) so I guess we'll be looking at the second half of the year unfortunately...

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: RNG

SantaC

I assume it won't release the same month as FF14 Dawntrail (June 28) so I guess we'll be looking at the second half of the year unfortunately...
Of course they are still trying to milk this for ps5 with the dlc thats why there is no relesse date for PC.

But everyone who wanted this game on ps5 already bought it. So it is dumb reasoning from SE.

Last edited:
Yoshi-P says the that you're going to need a "pretty high-spec PC" in order to play FF16 in a way similar to the PS5! #FF16

“We want to have no breaks in the game, we want everything to be seamless. And so, to replicate that is the thing that we’re working on right now. And so to replicate that on PC, you’re going to need a pretty high-spec PC. So right now, what we’re doing is we’re testing the game, and our current optimization, on a lot of different systems to see, again, what are going to be those minimum specs for playing the game in a way that is similar to the PS5 experience.”

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Makes sense. The game transitions between locales in cutscenes with zero to little breaks. To accomplish PS5-level loading on PC, you’re gonna need at least a decent nvme. But for overall optimization they better nail it if I’m gonna be convinced to double dip and finally finish this game. Honestly I think 7 Rebirth was much prettier and I’m more interested in seeing its PC version…

Go_Ly_Dow

Yoshida saying there'll be some PC specific upgrades. This should be a real looker assuming the port is done competently.

December release on EGS.

June 2025 on Steam, just like usual.
Perhaps not. I think late Summer/Autumn and will release on both EGS and Steam at the same time. Square's new CEO seems more keen on releasing on more platforms.

Last edited:

Interfectum

I'm sure they learned there lesson with that EGS shit... the lost sales / hype is not worth whatever bribe money Epic paid and I don't believe Epic is doing that as much anymore either.

Top Bottom