• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imran Khan:: Bloodborne PC/PS5 was at one point in the works

Three

I find that hard to believe when Sony has shown that they're happy to remaster just about any game. They just announced Until Dawn PS5 and we're supposed to believe that they started remastering BB and then midway through just went, "nah, let's put the game on ice." Ok sure.
Ones that have not past a threshold for sales vs expenditure I'd imagine. They might be darlings in some communities but both Dreams and Bloodborne had their PS5/PC versions cancelled likely because of projected sales and studio cost I'd imagine.

Paltheos

Only sold about 7 million.
No surprise they didn't invest in it, then.
Bloodborne is a game big on video game forums, but commercially not great. You can see by the chart DuskWalker posted it's a middle of the pack game where it skews a bit higher in digital sales vs disc sales. So it means based on those older PS4 era games that gamers preferred waiting for digital sales instead of amping up buying it on disc. I remember articles saying after a couple years it only sold a few million. Thats it. It picked up later on in the generation on digital discounts.

These sentiments confuse me because the same table shows Until Dawn, a game whose sales are 53% of Bloodborne's, is being remastered. Obviously sales numbers are not the only elements for consideration in these sorts of decisions, but the way you're going on, low sales have doomed this venture when that does not seem particularly likely.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
These sentiments confuse me because the same table shows Until Dawn, a game whose sales are 53% of Bloodborne's, is being remastered. Obviously sales numbers are not the only elements for consideration in these sorts of decisions, but the way you're going on, low sales have doomed this venture when that does not seem particularly likely.
Never said sales are the only factor. R&C, Returnal and Sackboy got PC ported . But Sony's big franchises definitely get special treatment for ports where some franchises are already on sequel ports. Only big franchise not ported yet is GT.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Angry Mark Cuban GIF

Probably lost millions on a bet

Kind of like Sony not making this remaster.

Last edited:

Pelao

Sony's incompetence is truly staggering.
At this point, I've already assumed that I'm going to have to eventually hack my PS5, most likely when the PS6 comes out and I retire my PS5 as my active console, in order to play Bloodborne at 60fps, among other PS4 games I love.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Just make it 4k and 60fps Sony. How hard can it really be?
Maybe it isn't and they're like "meh".

Or maybe they canceled the PC-version and they'll make it Playstation exclusive, because the PC port-begging is starting to feel desperate.😈

Last edited:

CamHostage

Except they have to deal with Fromsoft to commence a remaster (and Hidetaka Miyazaki is a busy guy) and also they'd have to deal with the state of the code in the game (which could be rough, given the age of the engine Fromsoft worked with and the rapid pace of the studio juggling projects at the time.)

Hackers can kludge the game to run at 60 and never need to think about a QA process. (And at this point, it'd be nice if Sony thought about how simple dirty hacks can be to get games running smoother, although they've got all kinds of frustrating logistical reasons why a corporation can't do what hackers can.) An official port/remaster, however, is a full production and just has to be done differently (and at a different cost,) and sometimes it doesn't work out to do it at all.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
I find that hard to believe when Sony has shown that they're happy to remaster just about any game. They just announced Until Dawn PS5 and we're supposed to believe that they started remastering BB and then midway through just went, "nah, let's put the game on ice." Ok sure.
If anything, work on a Bloodborne remaster must have been put on hold in favor of giving the game the Demon's Souls & The Last Of Us Part I treatment, as evidenced by how Sony stopped work on an Until Dawn PC port in 2019/2020 to have it remade with instead.

Demon's Souls performance on the market, as well as telemetry data from third-party remakes such as RE2 among others, must have told them that remakes are the way to go rather than simple remasters.

The Dude

Sony's incompetence is truly staggering.
At this point, I've already assumed that I'm going to have to eventually hack my PS5, most likely when the PS6 comes out and I retire my PS5 as my active console, in order to play Bloodborne at 60fps, among other PS4 games I love.
I think that's what is so frustrating is that hackers have done it fairly easy and here's sony just not giving an inch on it.

I could see if we had a BB2 in the works or if we had a Demons Souls type remaster on the way... But man we got nothing. This thread saddens me that it was semi in the pipeline.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
It’s alive and it’s coming for ps5 Pro this year. It’s going to be a launch title for the pro 4k/120 on Pro 1440p/60 on ps5

Perrott

Gold Member
Ghost of Tsushima got patched, why do we need a native version? Give me GoT2
Yes, and it was just as lazy as Part II's PS5 version.

Really bad look for the tech wizards at both Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog to put out such pathetic remasters while Insomniac's Spider-Man Remastered was so incredible, incorporating raytracing and enhanced assets all across the board, as well as native 4K and 60fps modes.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I don't think it's ever happening at this point - for whatever reasons. The time to announce it / develop it would have been in the wake of Elden Ring's gigantic success. A Bloodborne port to PC would have made so much fucking money. There must be some reason we don't know about that's meant it's never happened. Potentially a coding issue at From, or something similar.

I would lol if we get a The Order 1886 PS5 remaster before Bloodborne. BB might be one of the few games people seem to actually request (Motorstorm or Killzone collection seem the other one) and it 's the one they don't make.

OuterLimits

Plus, I'm not aware of many people on social media, forums, etc, begging Sony for a remaster/remake of Until Dawn. Perhaps I'm wrong though and tons of people really wanted it.

Hohenheim

This fucking sucks. Bloodborne is one of, if not my all time favourite game. It's painful to play in its current state, and should at least get a "quick fix". 60fps/higher res version. (And PC port, please!)

To see Sony making a remake of that "meh" game Until Dawn while ignoring this classic.. It's so strange. Must (fingers crossed) mean that they have bigger plans for it.
I tried replaying it last year, but the frame pacing and low fps is such a pain. And yeah, some people will obviously say "stop whining, it's fine as it is". Fuck that. It's borderline broken as it is. It was passable in 2015, and it's unacceptable in 2024.

No game has ever had such incredible atmosphere. Just perfection.
Get a Netflix anime done or somethin. That should get Sony to finally get off their asses and fix it.

NeonDelta

How is Imran Khan posting on era from jail??? Hes supposed to be in prison for the next 14 years.
Came in here to say this 😂

Imagine getting a PS5 version of fucking Until Dawn before Bloodborne or Ghost of Tsushima

GFGemsUXMAAByfv

Plus, I'm not aware of many people on social media, forums, etc, begging Sony for a remaster/remake of Until Dawn. Perhaps I'm wrong though and tons of people really wanted it.

until dawn has a movie coming out. That’s why

Last edited:
How did BB do commercially? Was it profitable? If it was then Sony is leaving money on the table by not releasing a sequel this gen. Too soon for a remake, at most they should patch o remaster the first game.

7 million copies. So pretty good for a Fromsoft game (pre-Elden Ring). And it's more than some of the PS4 remasters and PS5 PC ports they've released, including Until Dawn.

Just make it 4k and 60fps Sony. How hard can it really be?

Not hard at all. The hackers have proven as much.

I don't think it's ever happening at this point - for whatever reasons. The time to announce it / develop it would have been in the wake of Elden Ring's gigantic success. A Bloodborne port to PC would have made so much fucking money. There must be some reason we don't know about that's meant it's never happened. Potentially a coding issue at From, or something similar.

Exactly. Fucking Elden Ring sold 20 million copies in just a couple of months, right? That would've been the perfect time to announce it. Here's your marketing tag line: "From the creators Elden Ring..." and hammer that home in the announce trailer.

Spyxos

Gold Member
The port is probably associated with more work, time and costs than the other ports. And it was probably stopped before the Elden Ring hype.

Last edited:
good riddance. waste of time. FROM players clearly dont give a shit about performance/graphics. so play that ugly ass game as it is, and let them work on NEW games. enough remakes
Performance and resolution was rough but to call the game ugly when it is anything but is just ignorant.

People are not asking for a remake just a performance and res boost.

It probably has more to do with Fromsoft being the dev and not Sony Studios. I bet there are hurdles in making it happen that make it not worth it for Sony unfortunately.

MiguelItUp

Come on man, we don't need to open this wound again unless it's actually true, or at least pointing towards it. 🤦‍♂️

I still have no idea why Sony hasn't done it yet. I'd hope there's legitimately something holding them back. If not, dear god are they stupid.

Top Bottom