• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imran Khan:: Bloodborne PC/PS5 was at one point in the works

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to Imhran Khan, Bloodborne for PC was at one point real. For context, Imran Khan was a former senior editor Game Informer and Fanbyte

Imran Khan: "Bloodborne PC/PS5 was at one point in the works. Haven't heard anything in literal years so I wouldn't hold my breath"​

aevEs3I.png

Source

Last edited:

AmuroChan

I find that hard to believe when Sony has shown that they're happy to remaster just about any game. They just announced Until Dawn PS5 and we're supposed to believe that they started remastering BB and then midway through just went, "nah, let's put the game on ice." Ok sure.

bender

What time is it?
I used to think, and still kind of do, it makes more sense as a PS6 launch title a la DeSo, but with Until Dawn getting a remake, who knows. With Naughty Dog a no show for the first half of the generation, Sony is probably looking to fill holes and remakes and remasters fill those voids. Still think it is silly to remake/remaster previous generation games.

angrod14

How did BB do commercially? Was it profitable? If it was then Sony is leaving money on the table by not releasing a sequel this gen. Too soon for a remake, at most they should patch o remaster the first game.

nial

Gold Member
I used to think, and still kind of do, it makes more sense as a PS6 launch title a la DeSo, but with Until Dawn getting a remake, who knows.
Team Asobi is not making a Bloodborne remake, and I don't think FromSoftware wants to do it either.
Bluepoint is also focusing on original content and they weren't the main developer on Demon's Souls 2020, contrary to popular belief.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
How did BB do commercially? Was it profitable? If it was then Sony is leaving money on the table by not releasing a sequel this gen. Too soon for a remake, at most they should patch o remaster the first game.

FromSoftware's time is a lot more expensive these days. I guess Sony could do a sequel internally but no one wants that.

bender

What time is it?
Team Asobi is not making a Bloodborne remake, and I don't think FromSoftware wants to do it either.
Bluepoint is also focusing on original content and they weren't the main developer on Demon's Souls 2020, contrary to popular belief.

I'm talking about timing and not studios specifically.

//DEVIL//

It will be a bluepoint team PS6 day one release remake.

this is what my insider source says.

my source = my ass. But watch it 100% true. ill bookmark this post my self.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Bloodborne is a game big on video game forums, but commercially not great. You can see by the chart DuskWalker posted it's a middle of the pack game where it skews a bit higher in digital sales vs disc sales. So it means based on those older PS4 era games that gamers preferred waiting for digital sales instead of amping up buying it on disc. I remember articles saying after a couple years it only sold a few million. Thats it. It picked up later on in the generation on digital discounts.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Yeah, but still, I don't see it happening soon (even if I used to believe It was going to be the case).

Like I said, I was where you are before the Until Dawn announcement which is all sorts of strange. Maybe those games sell better than what I think and I say that as a huge fan of the title. It just seems like it would make more sense to port the original version to PC but I think Sony's standard operating procedure for PS4 games is to do a PS5/PC version rather than a straight PC port.

Smether

We know Fromsoft has had so many other games in their pipeline over the last few years and Sony has been keeping Nixies busy on other ports for PC and the current day Sony has a boner for hardware so I think they will keep it as Ace up their sleeve for PS5 Pro or PS6.

nial

Gold Member
Like I said, I was where you are before the Until Dawn announcement which is all sorts of strange.
It's where a lot of companies are trending when looking to fill some lacking months, for sure. Nintendo and Square Enix are big examples currently.
Hey, we're probably getting remakes of Gravity Rush and Patapon at some point, but I still don't want a Bloodborne one; no good studio is available to do it right now.

bender

What time is it?
It's where a lot of companies are trending when looking to fill some lacking months, for sure. Nintendo and Square Enix are big examples currently.
Hey, we're probably getting remakes of Gravity Rush and Patapon at some point, but I still don't want a Bloodborne one; no good studio is available to do it right now.

It's a smart strategy but Nintendo is brining back titles farther back in their catalogue that can't be played currently on Switch. I wish Sony would look at PS3 and earlier more for these remakes and remasters.

I'd be fine if they upped the resolution, framerate and fixed the pacing issues. I have no desire for a DeSo style remake. I just did a co-op playthrough of Bloodborne and I didn't find myself wishing it looked better.

Last edited:
it plays pretty well on digital via PS5, currently at the end of the DLC and going through chalice dungeons before KOS and Lawrence. I love this game and will get it day one if they ever remaster it.

I find that hard to believe when Sony has shown that they're happy to remaster just about any game. They just announced Until Dawn PS5 and we're supposed to believe that they started remastering BB and then midway through just went, "nah, let's put the game on ice." Ok sure.

Right? And btw who da FUCK asked for Until Dawn remaster?! Nobody lol ..made me seethe yest
Just make it 4k and 60fps Sony. How hard can it really be?

Seriously it's just bullshit that it hasn't gotten a patch at least. Same goes for all first party games from the previous gen like Gravity Rush 2, Driveclub, Last Guardian etc. A decent gaming company would've made sure to patch all these games to update them to current hardware...but not Sony and Microsoft apparently, two bohemiths, they can't give their fans simple updates. Especially BB for christsakes this game needs a patch so badly but NOPE, that would take previous time away that Sony can't afford, right?

Microsoft has done EVEN LESS than Sony to patch Xbox One exclusives btw..

Top Bottom