• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Fan Made PC Port Released, Weighing In at 256GB

Draugoth

Gold Member
And the moment has finally come. The team behind the unofficial PC port of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has released its first version. This version weighs in at 256GB and contains the full game. Yes, you read that right. The full game is now playable on PC via this unofficial port. That’s unheard of.

For those wondering, this PC port is based on the PC dev build of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 that leaked a while ago. Modders/Hackers took that build, exported the assets of the game from the PS5 version, added a few more tweaks, and then re-compiled it.

From what I know, this version has most of the game’s textures and shaders. Still, there might be some graphical/visual glitches. So no, don’t expect a 100% accurate PC port. Still, the fact that you can play the entire game is quite an achievement. At least for an unofficial PC port of a game that has not even been announced yet for the PC.

Source

Last edited:

BlackTron

Promoting piracy now huh?
Piracy= loading latest Nintendo game in emulator

This=ninja software assassins used magic and voodoo to make a PC port.

Not like there's a link to a 3mb rom here man. It's news of a 256GB port. I personally am not interested enough in the game to deal with that, or to buy it (we are talking bargain bin or epic game store level tier) but I'm nonetheless more shocked and impressed at the port existing than the game itself.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
What gives...did they just add uncompressed textures all over the place? Oodle got dat compression secret sauce I guess.

MhXrE7G.jpg

midnightAI

Not like there's a link to a 3mb rom here man. It's news of a 256GB port. I personally am not interested enough in the game to deal with that, or to buy it (we are talking bargain bin or epic game store level tier) but I'm nonetheless more shocked and impressed at the port existing than the game itself.
.... From stolen code and assets. Regardless, seems like the mods are allowing it so my views are irrelevant.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hopefully this news at least spurs them on to actually announce that a PC version is coming.

I skipped this on the PS5 because I figured I could wait for the eventual PC version.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
PC port in 3 months!

I wonder if these shady downloads have viruses attached to them.

Sony will likely counter and release an official port much faster than the usual 2 years. Probably come in the summer.

Last edited:

pqueue

Hopefully this news at least spurs them on to actually announce that a PC version is coming.

I skipped this on the PS5 because I figured I could wait for the eventual PC version.
we got a wait before that happens. middle of next year at the earliest.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
we got a wait before that happens. middle of next year at the earliest.

Right. Forbidden West PC port is coming a little more than 2 years after the PS5 release. We should expect something similar for God of War Ragnarok (late 2024 or early 2025) and Spider-Man 2 (Late 2025 or early 2026).

This mod-magic PC port is great as an achievement and a testament to what independent modders are capable of, but i it will likely still be full of glitches and i doubt it will trouble Sony.

StueyDuck

This is silly. The game is going to come to PC, rather wait for actual developers to make it than some hacked together version by script kids.

Last edited:

Puscifer

This leak is insane, seems like every week a few more things have pop up from it since it happened.

Luck

Any videos from this new port? Last time I checked it was full of devbug tools and no textures. How it looks right now?

RickSanchez

Gold Member
An adult? It comes with puberty.

My good fellow, for all we know, the modders who worked on the leaked PC port and took it to some state of completion could be a completely different set of people from the hackers who actually hacked and leaked the Insomniac data including the incomplete PC build.

If you're calling for people to be imprisoned from the comfort of your couch and keyboard, atleast make sure you are talking about the right set of people. The hackers who attacked Insomniac and leaked personal info of Insomniac employees do indeed deserve harsh justice.

However, the modders who worked on this without the right set of tools and Insomniac's knowledge and experience have still managed something noteworthy.

My good fellow, for all we know, the modders who worked on the leaked PC port and took it to some state of completion could be a completely different set of people from the hackers who actually hacked and leaked the Insomniac data including the incomplete PC build.

If you're calling for people to be imprisoned from the comfort of your couch and keyboard, atleast make sure you are talking about the right set of people. The hackers who attacked Insomniac and leaked personal info of Insomniac employees do indeed deserve harsh justice.

However, the modders who worked on this without the right set of tools and Insomniac's knowledge and experience have still managed something noteworthy.
See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

Oh, I'm talking about both the hackers and the modders who released this stolen goods publicly, obviously.

Top Bottom