• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Starfield Showcase | OT | Phil'shank Redemption | 3:00 am AEST | 2:30 am ACST | 1:00 am AWST (12 June) United States – 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET

Do you think the Xbox Showcase will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 143 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • It will destroy Summer Game Fest 2023

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • It will destroy the terrible PlayStation Showcase 2023

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Starfield will be Game of The Year regardeless

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EDMIX

It's a bit rash to say you arnt interested in a game you have never seen.

I only care thus far about the 2 games listed that I know of.

Moot.

I'll see the cliff notes on here to see if anything is interesting regarding those unknown titles later, not enough for me to lose sleep or put off work, projects etc to watch. I'm sure you guys will have a bunch of threads up talking about it, I'll see the Spark notes lol

I only care thus far about the 2 games listed that I know of.

Moot.

I'll see the cliff notes on here to see if anything is interesting regarding those unknown titles later, not enough for me to lose sleep or put off work, projects etc to watch. I'm sure you guys will have a bunch of threads up talking about it, I'll see the Spark notes lol
I take it your arnt an inspirational life coach?

Codes 208

My expectations are actually very low. Im kinda hoping to see halo 3 anniversary and maybe gameplay for dbz bt4

But other than that, eh. After gears 5 and halo infinite ive lost faith in their first party quality.

SABRE220

I honestly hope this showcase is good, after the absolute disappointment that Sony served up there is a real need for actual competition. If xbox brings some actual next gen showstoppers that wow people in comparison to the lazy cross gen shit sony has moved towards maybe we might get devs working hard to push themselves again.

Also man I want to see the 360 days back again, halo3, mass effect, gears of war and so many more, I was a ps gamer but bought a 360 real quickly. I hope that happens again.

Fredrik

Luckily for me it works out pretty well.

Get up. Shit, shower and shave. Have some breaky. Drive the kids to school and get home by 7:30am. That leaves the perfect 2hr window to enjoy the show before my first meeting at 9:30am.

The joys of working from home 😁
It’s 19:00 where I’m at, clashing with bedtime stories and all that but just got an okay that my wife will put the kids to bed so I could watch the show uninterupted, I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve her 🥰

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Do they dare talk about or show anything from the new Elder Scrolls game?
I really wish they would but it's very doubtful. They're probably just going to mention they're working on it. It would be an awesome surprise if they did reveal some kind of cutscene or reveal something about the story at least but again that's even doubtful.

I have a feeling next year is when we're going to hear about the game.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Thos genuinely could be xboxs best showcase if the rumours are true.

They need this to be amazing

I can't help it I'm hype as fuck. I've tried to keep myself in check but I feel that they are going to deliver an amazing show for the fans.

ZehDon

I can't help it I'm hype as fuck. I've tried to keep myself in check but I feel that they are going to deliver an amazing show for the fans.
R.7eda02f3dd3e3fd5e0cfe63b9bf55de6

skneogaf

I lost faith in xbox games years ago, even gears of war turned rubbish when it tried semi open world bits. Forza horizon is still class leading but every other game that they show looks dated.

Fingers crossed they have fixed their issues or I'm likely to cancel game pass soon.

Fredrik

23 internal studios, mostly silence for 3+ years, and no 12 month limit this time. If they can’t impress in this event and make the future look brighter then they never can.

[Sigma]

We'll see. They should have plenty to show but I said that last year too and they didn't and it was a trash showcase overall. They have no where to go but up from last year. I don't have much expectations in terms of seeing many games in particular. I do want to see Replaced again and also see what Perfect Dark turned into. I'm just looking for an excuse to buy an Xbox again after all these years.

samoilaaa

if we get
Avowed gameplay window
Hellblade gameplay and release window
Gears of war collection trailer with release date
Fable in engine trailer
Zenimax Mandalorian mmo with a release window

that would be really awsome

Reactions: Isa

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
We'll see. They should have plenty to show but I said that last year too and they didn't and it was a trash showcase overall. They have no where to go but up from last year. I don't have much expectations in terms of seeing many games in particular. I do want to see Replaced again and also see what Perfect Dark turned into. I'm just looking for an excuse to buy an Xbox again after all these years.

I think they will deliver...but what I really want is release dates. Give me firm release dates through q1/q2 2024

LostDonkey

I really hope there's no base management/crafting bullshit in starfield.

Literally just fucked off Fallout 4 because I hate all that shit, was same with 76. Just let me play the damn game, it wasn't in Fallout 3 and that was great.

As soon as a game starts with that crap I uninstall it, major hate.

reksveks

Literally just fucked off Fallout 4 because I hate all that shit, was same with 76. Just let me play the damn game, it wasn't in Fallout 3 and that was great.

I think you are going to be disappointed. There are outposts.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

They've already shown it and like fallout 4 you don't need to do it.

Fredrik

Lol you should probably look away during the Starfield Direct, they’ve already shown and talked about crafting and while you can hire NPCs to work on your base I’m pretty sure you’ll have to get things started on your own first, that’s how most are doing it.

Reactions: Isa
Thankfully the bed time stories are behind us now, though I do miss those times sometimes. Enjoy the show mate. Feeling like it’s gonna be a cracker!!
When I read "It’s 19:00 where I’m at, clashing with bedtime stories" I though they were talking about himself being read bedtime stories. "How old is this Gaffer?!".

nani17

are in a big trouble
I am excited for it but I wont fall for Todd's usual BS. We know its a Bethesda game lets not forget this but I am excited for the MS show

Last edited:

feynoob

Lol maybe everyone has a bad memory but didn't a bunch of clout chasers on Twitter start saying the same bullshit just before the Playstation Showcase?
Those were people that were hyping the show, due to leakers.
People expected PS to show all these cool games.

On other hand, there is not event a hint of leak outside of persona. No one knows what is going to be in this showcase. Avowed and Fable have been the safest bet so far.
We have yet to hear what other studios will show.

feynoob

I'm not gonna get hyped up for this. Last time I was hyped up for a gaming event, Playstation's showcase happened.
The PS hype was the result of leakers and not knowing what PS is working.

We currently know what Xbox is working from their previous CGI trailers. This event is just a gameplay show of these games. One of the reason why I am hyped less. I know the games that is going to be there.

Superkewl

Yeaaaahh they say that but then lock items behind the crafting/base requirements.

Anyways nevermind, I'm out on this game.
Yeah, I hate all that crap as well, but what saved fallout 4 for me, was the Sim Settlements mod. It took care of all that crap for you.

I prefer the fallout 3 method, where you had 2 locations to pick from, then picked themes.

Rheon

I'm looking forward to this. At the very least, it can't be much worse than the dismal showings so far.

I'm most looking forward to seeing Avowed. Been waiting to see more since it was first revealed.

While I prefer the Playstation brand, I honestly hope Microsoft has an amazing showing. Microsoft has had to eat a lot of shi* the past couple of months, so it would really be great if they can knock it out of the park with the showcase.

Also, I just want to watch a showcase this year that actually gets me excited. Was so dissapointed in Sony's showing.

Top Bottom