• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Followed by Mysterious New Reveal Direct Airs June 9

Draugoth

Gold Member
Xbox-Games-Showcase-2024-Hero-a6dc9c9fda53f2ec5484-1536x864.jpg

Mark your calendars! The Xbox Games Showcase will be livestreamed on June 9, 2024, starting at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST (additional time zones below).

Like our double-feature last year with Starfield Direct, immediately following the Showcase we’ll be airing a special deep-dive into the next installment of a beloved franchise. We can’t say much, so for now we’ll call it the Xbox Games Showcase followed by [REDACTED] Direct.

This will also be our first Showcase featuring games from our portfolio of studios across Activision, Blizzard, Bethesda and Xbox Game Studios, in addition to titles from our third-party partners.

You’ll be able to enjoy both of our June 9 livestreams live through a variety of outlets, and in over 30 languages, and American Sign Language and English Audio Descriptions:

Airtime for the Xbox Games Showcase followed by [REDACTED] Direct in local time zones:

• PT: June 9, 10am
  • ET: June 9, 1pm
  • BST: June 9, 6pm
  • CET: June 9, 7pm
  • JST: June 9, 2am
  • AEST: June 9, 3am

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Update from Tom Warren:

"Microsoft is only teasing the Call of Duty direct as “the next installment of a beloved franchise,” but sources familiar with the company’s plans tell me that this is indeed Call of Duty.

This will be the first Xbox showcase featuring games across Activision Blizzard, Bethesda, and Microsoft’s Xbox Game Studios. I understand Microsoft is currently planning to announce a new Gears of War game during the show. The showcase will also include a number of release dates for upcoming Xbox games like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, Avowed, Indiana Jones and the Great Circle.

We’ll likely get a date on when the big Shattered Space expansion is coming to Starfield. Todd Howard recently revealed it’s due in the fall, and I understand Bethesda is currently targeting September. Activision is targeting the next Call of Duty for late October, with Avowed and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 likely to follow in November, and Indiana Jones in December.

I understand Microsoft has a lot of games to show this year, more than the 2023 showcase. We should expect to hear how the 2025 lineup is looking, with some launch dates for some anticipated Xbox games."

spons

Gold Member
Could be good, although I've been saying that about every single year since the Bone since they know how to unrealistically hype shit up.

Topher

Gold Member
I think we saw Fable already, and probably wont get much until its closer to release. Main things I feel confident in are Gears, Perfect Dark, ID Software, Starfield DLC.

Lots more possibilities though.

I guess I was thinking Fable nearer to completion than it is. Eh....that's fine. I'll temper expectations on that. Definitely looking forward to anything from ID.

I hope it’s good but I don’t trust them at all. We have barely seen anything from games announced years ago such as State of Decay 3, Contraband and Everwild so I’d like to see that rectified.

Whatever the show is they still have too many people doing their bidding so it’s pointless giving an honest opinion of it, it never gets listened to and we still have people on here, Reddit and social media apps get pissed because you criticise in the hope they do better and standards rise. It’s pointless.

People like me who have spent thousands on the hardware and games are the bad guy but the grifters and zealots are the ones listened to . Pointless.

“PS5 when” rinse and repeat.

It’s even got to a point some of their grifters are calling the console fans “plastic toy warriors “ now. I wonder why.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Fable and Perfect Dark. That's what I want to see.

Make It So Star Trek GIF
High possibilities for both to be there, the same as for one or both to be moved to another event like TGA.

Gears 6 and Forza Horizon 6 are more candidates for the Showcase due to rumors and indications and because it is time to be announced. FH6 is going to have double the development time than the previous ones.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dreams: new DOOM by id, new Hexen by whatever is left from Raven. Also Perfect Dark is shown and they have decided to bank on nostalgia for the first game with the same atmosphere, music and game design, which results in a super cool game.

Hopes: 1 new cool videogame gets announced, with a gameplay trailer and all.

Fears: 3 new gamepad colors, also they burn a pile of money live.

Last edited:
Top Bottom