• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Followed by Mysterious New Reveal Direct Airs June 9

Bry0

The direct art made me think it was the division 2 expansion or something, but yeah black ops makes a lot more sense.

Dr. Suchong

At least Xbox will give us the gift of laughter if nothing else.
You can't put a price on comedy.

Last edited:

KaiserBecks

Very much looking forward to this. I actually preferred mw2019 over black ops Cold War, but it had some great maps. Treyarch had a lot of time, excited to see what they’ve come up with.

The mysterious new reveal is call of duty? Mysterious indeed.. would rather see a deathloop trailer again rather than anything related to call of duty.

Last edited:

Luipadre

How exciting...

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

I detest this constant "Oh, this is gonna be a big one" talk. EVERY F*CKING SHOWCASE is going to be a big one, maybe the biggest in the history of gaming. And while there have certainly been some good ones over the last few years, this constant exaggeration is really tiring.
Last year's show case was very well received and imo it was the best gaming showcase since playstation gave us the showcase of dreams

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I detest this constant "Oh, this is gonna be a big one" talk. EVERY F*CKING SHOWCASE is going to be a big one, maybe the biggest in the history of gaming. And while there have certainly been some good ones over the last few years, this constant exaggeration is really tiring.

He just said "It's gonna be a big one this year". The last years show was also pretty good.

Ease up on the sodium intake brutha.

NickFire

Nadella should order the code red and have the ads rebranded to MS Gaming Showcase. Then watch the internets burn while the stock soars.

tronied

MSFS 2024 is the game I'm looking forward to the most.

Irrespective of content, I do look forward to this every year as I feel it's the last of the big shows still surviving from E3. It brings back for me some of the excitement from the game / console reveals of old.

I felt it was a good showing last year so hoping this one will be good too.

Irrespective of content, I do look forward to this every year as I feel it's the last of the big shows still surviving from E3. It brings back for me some of the excitement from the game / console reveals of old.

Yep. Xbox Games Showcase, the Keighley Summer Sizzler, and Devolver Direct. Close enough I guess.

amigastar

I'm curious if MSFS 2024 will have improved graphics fidelity to MSFS 2020.

Fredrik

Three wolfs and some russian dome (edit: oh it’s the us capitol building sorry heh) any idea what that is?

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

To be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if it was part of the direct. Although I think putting the latest entries on Game pass would be a massive mistake for Xbox. Time will tell!
Mistakes are the bread and butter of Microsoft. I wonder if the parity agreement with other platforms can hold them back. If they put the game on gamepass I'll have the chance to sample the full game before committing to a full purchase on PS5.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Cold War and MW2019 are two of the best COD games, but the last three have been horrible. I'll be cautiously optimistic, but I could easily see this being a huge disappointing piece of shit like MWII was.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The redacted has to be Gears 6 right? If so, the redaction is barely necessary. If it's ID Software and a new Doom...that would be dope.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Not gonna lie, i love that MS is out there every year announcing this shit months in advance so as to not keep their audience in the dark about whether or not they will be showing up. E3 might be gone but MS keeps showing up.

I dont much like their shows but something is better than nothing, and im tired of nothing.

Hoping to see Gears of War, Fable gameplay, ID Tech's new game, and some Matrix or 1943 caliber visuals. It's time devs showed up with next gen demos that match UE5 demos.

Just no more indie stuff. I cant take it. Put it in a show about indie trash, this is a big showcase, only feature big games here please.

Codes 208

The redacted has to be Gears 6 right? If so, the redaction is barely necessary. If it's ID Software and a new Doom...that would be dope.
I doubt it, look behind the logo, its the US capitol building. Gears takes place in a fictional planet, theres no connection here.

Thats definitely black ops themed

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I doubt it, look behind the logo, its the US capitol building. Gears takes place in a fictional planet, theres no connection here.

Thats definitely black ops themed

Not that this denies a Gears game at the show, multiple 'insiders' have said it'll be there.

Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom