• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Starfield Showcase | OT | Phil'shank Redemption | 3:00 am AEST | 2:30 am ACST | 1:00 am AWST (12 June) United States – 10:00 am PT | 1:00 pm ET

Do you think the Xbox Showcase will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 143 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • It will destroy Summer Game Fest 2023

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • It will destroy the terrible PlayStation Showcase 2023

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Starfield will be Game of The Year regardeless

Votes: 16 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draugoth

Gold Member
ZECwvQZ.jpg

936a1cnpp8

K7hfep9.jpg

NWOg9oE.jpg

K7hfep9.jpg

c2OS61t.jpg

Season-4.jpg

K7hfep9.jpg

AIZv8a4.jpg

ORSoFcU.jpg

K7hfep9.jpg

vB1Bbmk.jpg

7fvpX8n.jpg
gEFxZEs.jpg

starfield-headset-720x405.jpg.pagespeed.ce.pK5KfO_hPV.jpg
0bbc9e76cf.jpg

NfenQi6.jpg

v7rb3cwibns91.jpg

GG4zmE4.jpg
F1G6BE2.jpg

K7hfep9.jpg

9nl9c5W.jpg

FJ4ICmdXIAIQRF0.png
maxresdefault.jpg
fetchimage

xbox_series_x_box_memes_1.jpg
241981893_4410550102324547_3241095036292066594_n.jpg
e25cdbc024ca91e6b5757b4c0394941db6c7e5909a035407a1295f39dbba96f9_1.jpg

uqeivHW.png

Last edited:

kikkis

Discouraged by the ps showcase, i am not going to waste my time with the show. Will catch up on the morning all the major stuff. Really happy though that at least we are getting some gaming news.

gothmog

Gold Member
Discouraged by the ps showcase, i am not going to waste my time with the show. Will catch up on the morning all the major stuff. Really happy though that at least we are getting some gaming news.
This is usually the right way to experience these events. Wait until after and jump around to the best parts. It's a giant marketing event.

simpatico

Hope it's great! Gaming outlook right now needs more things to be hyped about. It's getting to be barren with the only highlights coming from indie titles. But those are just snacks. I need a meal.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Fallout please. I’m pretty sure they’ll show next gen Fallout 4 but I want moreeeee. The Outer Worlds 2 would also be nice.

Obsidian isn't the biggest studio, I would be happy if we see Avowed tomorrow *and* they put a release date on it.

Not expecting OW2 any time soon, nor do I want it with Starfield being the bigger space RPG just around the corner.

OceanGaming

Guys if it is 45 mins of Starfield, could you post the source on that? I know for a fact that it is not going to be 45 minutes of Starfield.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys if it is 45 mins of Starfield, could you post the source on that? I know for a fact that it is not going to be 45 minutes of Starfield.

We don't know. But some 'insiders' have said it's 90 minutes of the showcase and 30 minutes of starfield to round up the 2 hours.

I tried to temper or damper my expectations.

I tried to downplay it.

I tried to keep my expectations in check.

I tried uncle Phil, I really tried.

But, I have failed, miserably!

I'm literally resting my heavy-ass Nokia brick phone on my raging hard-on game boner, as I type this. That is how intense the excitement is. I can literally hear my heart beating in my ears, and my entire body is moist! I'll be watching this show with a bottle of the slipperiest lotion in hand. Give it to me Phil!

Hype on 3000!

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Obsidian isn't the biggest studio, I would be happy if we see Avowed tomorrow *and* they put a release date on it.

Not expecting OW2 any time soon, nor do I want it with Starfield being the bigger space RPG just around the corner.

The Outer Worlds 2 won't be there because of Starfield. I was just wishful thinking. Like you've said, there's no point in having 2 first person space RPG games competing for screen time.

But I will be super disappointed if there's nothing Fallout related. To quote Todd "In the world of entertainment there are very few things as good as Fallout".

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
adamsapple adamsapple Bernoulli Bernoulli
Ok so the 4K30 premiere I've just watched was indeed in 4K, VP9 video codec (ID 313) and MP4A audio codec (ID 140), bitrate was 15 Mbps.
I noticed a bit of macro-blocking in some scenes. After the premiere I refreshed and checked the codec and the scene that had macro-blocks, same video codec, audio codec switched to Opus (ID 251) but less obvious macro-blocks.

So they still reencode the original footage to prepend the countdown, at least premieres are in 4K now, but to get the best quality you'll still have to watch again after the premiere.

So it should stream in 4K60, with a lower quality than the original footage.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Honestly I feel like this time it might end up being good(even though I have low expectations from them). But even if it isn't that much of deal, I'm not sure will be that hard to beat Sony conference.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I was so let down by the PlayStation showcase that I can’t even let myself be hyped for this

Robb

Gold Member
Can’t say I expect much from MS based on past showings, but I’m hoping I’m wrong and they blow me away for once!

Can’t be worse than the Sony show at least. Or maybe I jinxed it now…

Luipadre

Cant be worse than the sony showcase... but my expectation is super low. All these events were pretty lackluster this year so far

Freeman76

This show will be good, and after the crap Sony one it will seem even better. I only ise my Ps5 for exclusives so that show was kinda shit for me, but i'm expecting starfield to be incredible and if they show fable gameplay that will be the icing on the cake for me. I think MS are gonna go hard with this.

Mr.Phoenix

This show will be good, and after the crap Sony one it will seem even better. I only ise my Ps5 for exclusives so that show was kinda shit for me, but i'm expecting starfield to be incredible and if they show fable gameplay that will be the icing on the cake for me. I think MS are gonna go hard with this.
MS goes hard with all their shows.

I am just looking forward to finally seeing the gameplay from stuff they announced almost 3 years ago. And hope they are good, even though I know most of what they show won't make it till next year and beyond at best.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Their 2020 showcase was good. Sadly it had a lot of CGI trailers. Then they dialed back.
Yup... that's kinda my issue. They showed a lot of good stuff in 2020. Then we pretty much got nothing of what they showed then again. and now, this show I am looking forward to is supposed to at least have gameplay footage of most of what they showed then.

I am just gonna temper my expectations. Because I am at a place now with MSwhere even if they show something really good,I can't trust what I am seeing until I can play it.

Top Bottom